Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had my first dose on MJ on Friday. Not noticing any difference to anything so far, but I know some people don’t feel the benefits until higher doses, so will hang on! I had previously lost about 5 stone through diet and exercise, and weight had been creeping back on. I’ve never made it below an obese BMI anyway. I ‘guessed’ what my weight had crept up to when I applied, and the photo obviously tallied up. Made myself actually weigh myself and I am a stone heavier, so worse than I thought! But, am hoping this can help. My issue is emotional eating. Single parent and kids are hard work! I am hopeful it will eventually help with that. Not relying on chocolate as a soother and pick me up.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I am so jealous of those for whom 2.5mg is enough for appetite suppression. I took my second dose yesterday and today I am as hungry as if it wasn’t in my system. I’m trying to eat protein but just not getting the hoped for effects so far.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I am so jealous of those for whom 2.5mg is enough for appetite suppression. I took my second dose yesterday and today I am as hungry as if it wasn’t in my system. I’m trying to eat protein but just not getting the hoped for effects so far.
Out of interest, how long have you been on 2.5mg? Does it make any difference if you're in a bigger body to feel the effects? I am new to this and just learning before I start!

Reactions: 2
So i think online prescribers are been under pressure, i just received an email from my provider (asda) about people been very ill due to lying with information they provide b4 been prescribed, or taking the meds with other medications they didn't declare during consultation. They ask that people be honest in giving them correct height and weight, pics etc so they can prescribe safely.
With this, i believe they will all soon be alot stricter, unfortunately those Getting it as a quick fix are now causing hardship for many that genuinely needs it.
---
I’ve not been approved 😕😤
I feel so sorry for you. It's unfair if you need it and can't get your hands on it. I was nearly rejected as well last month i had to send them a live video calling out the date and time and even that took 48hra for them to approve.

Reactions: 4
Not sure if it helps but my BMI was 29.8 on starting and I was truthful with Cloud Pharmacy and sent a photo.

• Heart
Out of interest, how long have you been on 2.5mg? Does it make any difference if you're in a bigger body to feel the effects? I am new to this and just learning before I start!
I started last Monday, I’m not really sure. My current BMI sits around 40 so possibly?

I had my first dose on MJ on Friday. Not noticing any difference to anything so far, but I know some people don’t feel the benefits until higher doses, so will hang on! I had previously lost about 5 stone through diet and exercise, and weight had been creeping back on. I’ve never made it below an obese BMI anyway. I ‘guessed’ what my weight had crept up to when I applied, and the photo obviously tallied up. Made myself actually weigh myself and I am a stone heavier, so worse than I thought! But, am hoping this can help. My issue is emotional eating. Single parent and kids are hard work! I am hopeful it will eventually help with that. Not relying on chocolate as a soother and pick me up.
I’ve found Wegovy super helpful in managing emotional eating. It’s led me to finding new, healthier coping strategies etc. Best of luck!
---
It’s really only the starter dose to help you adjust to the medication. So don’t lose hope! Go up the doses as recommended by Mounjaro and you’ll hopefully see that appetite suppression.

Has anyone ordered from curate? Ordered on Wednesday and got an email to say it was approved but nothing dispatched or received. Panicking as I need it Wednesday!

Hello! New to thread but can anyone tell me the best way to order ozempic/wegovy if you're just under the weight they expect you to be atm.
Even tho my BMI considers me obese, I tried pharmacy4u and was denied but told the truth about weight/height etc.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Hello! New to thread but can anyone tell me the best way to order ozempic/wegovy if you're just under the weight they expect you to be atm.
Even tho my BMI considers me obese, I tried pharmacy4u and was denied but told the truth about weight/height etc.
What is your BMI?

My mj arrives tomorrow and I plan to take it straight away, but I am feeling such anxiety about starting.
I haven’t told anyone and am worried about a 4 course, set menu tasting meal that I have to go to a week on Thursday. It’s a gift from my mum, who I’m going with, but I have no idea how to navigate it.

My mj arrives tomorrow and I plan to take it straight away, but I am feeling such anxiety about starting.
I haven’t told anyone and am worried about a 4 course, set menu tasting meal that I have to go to a week on Thursday. It’s a gift from my mum, who I’m going with, but I have no idea how to navigate it.
Hopefully you won't get any side effects, many don't on 2.5, so I would just take the day for what it is and enjoy it, its only 1 day and sounds like a lovely day out with your mum.

• Heart
Hopefully you won't get any side effects, many don't on 2.5, so I would just take the day for what it is and enjoy it, its only 1 day and sounds like a lovely day out with your mum.
Thank you 🙏 I’ve been overthinking everything and second guessing myself. I was worried about not being able to eat the meal (I struggle with 4 courses on a normal day) and her being worried for me or upset I was ‘wasting’ it.

Thanks so much for that - it’s great to get someone else’s experience with it.

I’ve done a consultation with pharmacy4u - I told them about the diabetes but I’ve said I’m on dapaglovin as the glic is a direct no when I’ve read - I’ve only just switched back to the glic whilst waiting for my referral and it doesn’t do much in terms of sugar control for me, so I won’t take it whilst using MJ if I’m approved for it. I’m hoping the MJ control my bloods better along with being able to eat better and I’ll monitor myself twice a day to make sure no hypos.

I figure my health is getting so damaged at the minute that I need to take some control back.

Fingers crossed they approve me.

Also with pharmacy2u they’ve currently got a code for new patients - VLS6HH - I got my first month for £140

I asked to be referred to the hospital for oz/mj last summer, and my gp nurse was supportive. when i saw the hospital nurse she told me the consultant said there was no stock of injectables (to be fair at the time it was when there were lots of shortages reported) and that insulin was my only option which I declined due to risk of losing my driving licence.

I'm hoping now I know there's not a shortage of MJ cause I can get it online as soon as I can get referred back to the consultant I can argue the point, and also demonstrate the benefits I've seen so far.

I've done the Expert course rather than desmond and been through adult weight management a few years ago which was helping but I moved house to a different board so got taken off it.

Be firm with them you want to address your blood sugar and your weight so mounjaro or ozempic would serve the purpose better than insulin and probably be preventative of complications in the long run as well as benefitting your mental health.

Abbot do a free trial on the freestyle libre so if you're worried about or at risk of lows you could try that for extra reassurance in the first weeks