Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Salted Caramel

VIP Member
I managed to get to get the last 'extra' dose from my Mounjaro pen last night. I found a video online from a British girl who explained and demonstrated it really well. I got 0.7ml in my insulin needle so well worth it!

I bought a pack of 10 needles / syringes off Amazon. Longer needle than the pen but didn't feel a thing!

Reactions: 6

Modernlove

Are people concerned that by not eating much on these medications the weight will go back on again when you stop the injections?
The thought has crossed my mind but I’m using this as an opportunity to rewire my brain and get into healthy eating and exercise habits which I hope to be able keep up as a routine if/when I stop the injections.

JuneRay

Anyone else struggling with tiredness? I’m on Wegovy and this week especially it’s like I cannot get enough sleep. Full nights sleep and still feeling like a zombie. Wondering if anyone has found anything that helps? Or if it will just improve over time
eat little and often and you MUST increase fluids. These drugs work the kidneys hard. Make sure you're getting decent protein in amongst other things. I struggle with feeling full after a couple of a bites so had lots of chicken bites and nuts on hand to munch my way through.

Your body also needs time to adjust to the lack of calories. But I don't have time for being tired so I started forcing myself to eat more regularly and added more fluids and one dose of electrolytes a day and it's worked a treat :)

• Heart

Kawaiiuk

This is an interesting article sky news released today, talks about the long term positive effects:

---
Has anyone had any lucky with finding discount codes for mounjaro recently? Need to reorder and got lucky last time with one for medexpress that I shared here so hoping someone else can share the favour 🙏🙏
I used this for wegovy this morning on pharmacy2u TYBXQQ

ScottishMammy92

Would love to hear how the four weeks have gone without the medication?
I feel great!
Hair has stopped thinning and my skin has improved a lot. I've lost another 6lbs now (I went on a trip for 4 days and still lost which was surprising). I have lots more energy and don't feel sick anymore. Definitely have my normal appetite back - but I've completely changed the way I eat and still go to the gym 6x a week.

Best thing I ever did and I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms or anything. After about 2 weeks I felt hungry again but my portion sizes are still very small...

Homebird76

After around 4 months on Wegovy and 3lbs total weight loss, I’ve decided to stop.

I know I’m around the level where I should start to see some benefit (1mg) but a few niggling side effects and the tiredness tells me I could be one of the people this doesn't work for.
I might try mounjaro next but need a break right now- my craving for unhealthy foods has been awful, even on wegovy.
I am with you on this one. About to start second month on 1mg. Using a coaching service and when I queried the fact I have only lost 7lbs in 3 months even though I have eaten significantly less and not eating between meals I was told I should be focusing on other aspects on how I was feeling rather than the weight loss! TBH it is a hugely expensive way not to be losing weight! I have lost inches but with 5 stone plus to lose I am at a loss regarding what to do or try next 😔

• Sad
  • Heart
For anyone who uses mounjaro, I received an email from MedExpress this morning advising they now have 7.5mg in stock. They also stated that they are working closely with Lily to reduce delays in the availability of the remaining strengths of Mounjaro.

HTH :)

I've been considering weightloss drugs and exploring options, Boots or Asda seem to be the most popular in the UK. I'm not great with needles, so my question is how easy is it to do the weekly injections?
I inject into my thigh straight from the fridge and don’t feel a thing. Like others have said, I was apprehensive at first but once you’ve got your first shot out the way, you’ll be fine. It’s one of those moments when you’re feeling anxious and then like ‘was that it?’ 🤣
Good luck! Keep us all posted if you decide to start your journey

• Heart

JuneRay

After losing just over 14lbs on 4 weeks of 2.5mg mounjaro I moved up to 5mg this week and omg the nausea for the first few days after injection was really bad. 🤢

Has anyone experienced an odd taste/smell that lingers as a side effect? I’ve had a weird sickly sweet taste and smell that’s stuck around all week. It hasn’t helped the nausea!

Yes I’ve had weird and wonderful side effects , it could be because you’re in ketogenesis , which can give you a funny taste in your mouth but yeah the first week on 5mg I felt like crap really .

I’ve settled down now on week three of 5mg , 24 lbs down since starting 7 weeks ago, I’m really happy with it.

Just keep your fluid and electrolytes up

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Still struggling with Wegovy tiredness. Dropped my kid off at school this morning came back (working from home) but made the mistake of letting myself lay on the sofa and I woke up 2 hours later!! Loads of teams messages and emails including an urgent request. Eek!! Think I’ve got away with it but was a close call

• Haha
  • Wow
@RocksOff For the period and MJ this is my experience to give a bit more info. I’ve had a mirena for two and a half years. I’ve never stopped periods on it. However, it stopped the flooding and heaviness. I have a 23/24 day cycle and I bleed very lightly for 7/8 days.

Sadly that means I’m bleeding a third of the time. I means I can get a lot of water retention.

MJ made me spot when I haven’t before, otherwise very little change. The hardest part of my cycle is the effect it has on weight with the water retention. It was the cause of many diets failing as when you’re gaining through no fault of your own it makes you think sod it.

I’ve done enough time on MJ and tracking now to just ride through it. MJ has really lessened my hormonal cravings and I just wait for the whoosh in weight after it stops. Hormones have a lot to answer for.

Hope that helps!

• Heart

natshancock

I’m thinking of making the switch to Mounjaro after 6 months on Wegovy - weight loss has slowed down massively and I was only a slow loser anyway. I don’t feel it’s as effective. Bit of a risk tho as I’m getting married mid September so ideally I want to maximise weight loss in the next 4 months and I understand with changing I would need to stop Wegovy for 1 month and who knows what that would be like or what damage could be caused?!
I went straight from highest wegovy one week to lowest dose MJ. No bad reaction. However it’s only now I’m on 7.5MJ (3months in) the hunger suppression is back. Don’t know if this is because I didn’t have a break or the lower dose was just too different. I’ve not lost anything on MJ yet but haven’t gained so taking as a positive and hoping this first week on 7.5 I’ll see a loss. Hope that makes sense and helps x

My period has finally arrived! Woke up this morning with the most horrendous cramps, I love being a woman sometimes 😫 Hope this doesn’t become a regular thing and it’s just my body adjusting to the medication and weight loss.
---
To all the newbies starting take photos. I didn't and am a camera avoided. Saw a photo of me caught unawares full length and couldn't believe it was me. I leave a normal figure. First time ever.
THISSSSSS 🙌🏽 Many towards the end of their journeys regret not taking any photos at the start. It’s a great tool to see how much change you can see and keeps you motivated. I’ve been doing photos and videos trying on the same pair of trousers. It’s amazing how much you squeeze yourself into clothes - or at least I did!
---
Has anyone stayed on the lower dose of MJ and it’s worked? Due to order another pen but not sure whether to go up dose wise
I have and I’m considering staying on 2.5mg for my third pen 🤗

• Heart

Potato_waffle

Chatty Member
So, random, but have any of those on MJ noticed a change in their tastebuds?
I don't mean like what you want to eat, but has the actual taste of things changed for you? I feel like they have and I wanted to check if it was just me? 🙈
Not sure about an actual change of taste, but chocolate is really underwhelming for me at the moment, its like the taste has been dulled down. I had a bar of galaxy the other night and it normally powers up my taste buds, but nada, it was genuinly like the flavour had been turned down is the only way I could describe it

Potato_waffle

Chatty Member
Well thats week 1 on MJ done.
I cant describe the difference its made to my life to not experience food noise, to seemingly experience an approach to food that could be deemed 'normal'. I said to my partner that as OTT as it sounds, not having food noise literally makes me feel like I can just breathe for the first time in forever.

Hunger started creeping back in more quickly Sunday and yesterday the food noise started whispering slightly, I definitely over ate yesterday afternoon, edging towards a binge but stopped myself before it went too far and then realised that what i had eaten, I was so incredibly full from anyway that I physically wouldn't have been able to take it much further anyway.

Had a side effect free week, hopefully that can continue.

Wasn't sure if I was going to weigh myself as I don't want the focus to be taken away from trying to get a handle on my BED and relearning hunger cues, but decided this morning that I would and I'm 5lbs down. So, so far, very happy with the decision I've made about MJ.

• Heart

conrea37

VIP Member
I admit mounjaro hasn’t impacted immediately like Ozempic did when I first started, but I have noticed I’m more full. Hopefully will come with time as my appetite went a bit mad last week and I was eating like nobody’s business.
Also had a god awful stomach reaction from that for two nights 🤢

Reactions: 5
Just completed my first week on Mounjaro.
Had a lost of 6.6lbs.
Had no side effects after from the day after I took the injection I felt sick most of the day, but since then nothing.
I did not realise I had food noise, but the food noise had definitely stopped.

• Heart
SAME! I'm actually a bit concerned Simple Online Pharmacy won't let me get another pen after this one as my BMI will be too low after the month has passed. Who do you get yours from?
The whole point of buying it as a weight loss aid is that it brings your BMI down, so they will be able to continue to give you it as they will known what you were when you started it if that makes sense? I think it’s easier to stay with the same provider in that respect!

Lyricallie

Chatty Member
Ugh just a small whinge about how expensive it is. However the price to pay not to be constantly thinking about food is worth it (for now ahha).

OhDearFords

Chatty Member
Just checking in here a bit, I had successfully lost 15kgs on Rybelsus last year in about 5 months. But due to poor supply and the cost I stopped taking the tablets just before Christmas, and have maintained the loss thus far. I still need to lose though, so I tried to reorder the 15mg Rybelsus two weeks ago thinking I'd take them for another month or so to get to my goal weight and they were out of stock. The pharmacist called me up and talked me through my options and I agreed to give Mounjaro a go, after lots of reassurances re supply etc and its efficacy. I did actually really dislike taking the tablets - they were working, for sure, but I felt sick loads of the time, and not eating or drinking my beloved tea for 30 mins after waking/taking the tablet was not nice - so I thought I'd give the once a week jab a go. I was initially frightened off because of the needle but I have to say it was totally fine. I took my second dose of 2.5mg MJ on weds and no bad side effects so far, just the lovely reduced appetite and 'food noise', as well as much reduced eating capacity. So going to stick with it, but def move up to the 5mg on renewal.

• Heart