Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

candyfloss99

VIP Member
unfortunately some of us can’t afford to wait 12 weeks to even have any suggestion that it’s working 😔 I’m by no means expecting an instant fix (the weight didn’t go on instantly and won’t come off instantly!) but if I don’t have some indication that I haven’t just been injecting myself with saline after the first four weeks I don’t think I could justify the, to me, huge expense of buying the next month. Some indication of it working doesn’t even need to be weight loss it could even be unpleasant side effects - just some indication that it’s getting into my system and doing something, you know?
---
Don't take it if you are taking it as a short term fix. It probably won't start working until you are on 1mg, that means you'll have been on it for over 8 weeks before it starts to work. That is how it's supposed to work.
---
I get the cost been prohibitive but this is a long term project. Anything I read says stop and the weight returns
I was on it for 18 months I've stopped taking it now and not put any weight back on thankfully but I am calorie counting. I lost 4 stone but it only started working when I was on 1mg, so it didn't work for 2 - 3 months which I was totally happy with as that's what the instructions said.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Dollybird

VIP Member
Hi everyone! Good morning. I’m a newbie here and this is my first venture into the world of weight loss drugs. I was only recently told I meet the NHS criteria for Ozempic and I’ve started doing my research. In the meantime, I’ve been losing weight doing my own sort of diet plan. I’ve failed on SlimmingWorld and weight watchers too many times and I’m not giving them another penny of my money. I’ve lost 18lbs since January but it’s slow!!
Welcome 😁 well done on the 18lbs loss! I’m in the slow and steady group too and have been on Wegovy since November , I have lost just under three stone in that time . I have been doing a couple days a week at the gym and the injections have changed my life . I no longer have joint pain and I’ve been lucky enough to have little to no side effects . I only feel tired on the injection day and get a dry mouth the morning after . Mr Dollybird says the dry mouth is because I sleep with mouth open 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

HarJR289

Chatty Member
I’ve found probably ever since starting injections I seem to be cold a lot more. Any one else? Seems to hit its peak at 3 and I just feel cold to bone when everyone else will be saying it’s not cold.

• Heart

Rodeodown

Just placed my first MJ order and waiting for it to be approved (family chemist), annoyingly as it's a bank holiday weekend there's a delay in orders. Lifetime cycle of yoyo dieting and binge eating, I know how to lose weight, I just don't have the willpower. Been reading here a while and spurred on by everyone's successes.

Can't wait!

Last edited:
  • Heart
I just had my first ‘oooooh this is working working’ moment.

I have had a fairly normal day - bowl of cereal, tuna mayo sweet potato jacket for lunch and a curly wurly. Just made my ‘go to’ calorie counted dinner of chicken pesto pasta which is around 600 cals, usually eat it all but I’ve just gotten over half way through and literally cannot eat another bite!

I’m so so pleased! 😊

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Had a few glasses of wine last night and had acid reflux all night 😩 had to chew on rennies every time I woke up and this morning couldn’t get off the toilet 💩 but in a way I don’t mind that as it helps put me off drinking too regularly 😂

People are starting to notice my weight loss now! 13.5lbs down and it’s making me actually excited for summer for the first time in years

Dollybird

VIP Member
I’m on 2.4 Wegovy and people are only just noticing my weight loss now so with me I’m a slow weight loss Person but feel great . It’s not been a quick fix and it’s been a very much trust the process kind of thing for me . Just coming up to 3 stone loss now 😃 some people lose quickly and some take a bit longer , every human body is different

• Heart

Dr Karen Kim

So my Mounjaro pen arrived on Thursday and I have to say I am so impressed! I was on ozempic before but I have to admit I did take it more sporadically last year. I’m really glad that I picked mounjaro over ozempic as I’ve no real side effects bar tiredness. I’m genuinely not interested in food, went out for dinner and only had a starter (which I didn’t finish). Weighed myself today and I’m delighted, I’ve lost 3lb in 3 days x

We went out for breakfast this morning and usually I would order the full breakfast and maybe add on some hash browns. This morning I ordered the children's breakfast (one sausage, small amount of beans & scrambled egg and slice of toast) as I knew I wouldn't be able to eat the normal size one - and even then I left half the slice of toast!

It's very odd getting your head round not ordering your normal amounts of food etc!

(Just for background - I'm on Mounjaro and have completed 4 jabs of 2.5 and 2 of 5.0 and lost around 18lbs (tbc on Monday morning when I officialy weigh in!))

ScottishMammy92

Has anyone managed to come off mounjaro/Wegovy etc and keep all of the weight off? I’m on 2.5 mounjaro, and the food noise is back by day 5. I’m starting my 5 pen next week so that might stop that. But I'm absolutely terrified of coming off MJ as the food noise I get by day 5 is bad enough. I’m in no rush to come off as I’ve got a bit to lose but in the long term I’m really worried I’ll never be able to get off it.
I stopped wegovy 5 weeks ago today and I've lost an additional 8lbs now. I went on holiday and only gained 1lb back which I've since lost again. Feel great but I do feel hungry like I did before wegovy. That said the changes I've made to my diet and lifestyle have been a total overhaul so as long as I'm keeping within my daily calories, going to the gym daily and using intermittent fasting its manageable.

I'd assume for those who use these types of medications but don't make any changes to their diet and exercise that with the food noise returning it would be really easy to regain weight quickly.

• Heart

bagafreebee

VIP Member
I hope there are no more shortages, Lot's of people with low BMI's getting it by one means or another. Comments on Tiktok making it sound like a quick hit wonder drug to drop weight quickly.

• Sad

Lady1980

I could have written this. These drugs are nothing short of a miracle. I feel like a normal person who doesn’t need to seek chocolate bars at every meal or as a snack option or to make me feel happy when I’m on my own. I am choosing healthier options naturally. I walked past the chocolate bar aisle in supermarket yesterday, whereas in the past I’d have treated myself to a couple. I wish someone would write an article about what the hell is going on with that cos it’s incredible. Sorry I keep going on about it at every opportunity but I can be evangelical on here as only other peeps I can do this to are my husband and daughter.
Same ❤

I have battled with food, my weight and body image for 33 years and for the first time in my life I feel like I'm in control. I am not on a diet, I am not bingeing, I am eating the same food as my family totally guilt free. I need to lose weight and that is a really good side effect but for me it is all those other things that are the real benefits. I actually feel like a normal person that can eat what they fancy and stop when they are full. I'm just over 5 weeks in and I can say it has so far been life changing.

Eta: the whole 'eat less, move more' BS does my head in. For a lot of people it is a deep rooted disorder that needs more than a soundbite to fix.

• Heart
10.2 lbs down now nearing the end of my 4th week on MJ. I signed up with Second Nature so there’s also a group chat, a health coach, recipes and lots of support if needed. It’s more expensive then than buying direct but I like the support bit and makes me feel bit more secure in that sense.

ScottishMammy92

Do you mean 2023? That is an unrealistic weight loss in 2 months. Even people dying and not eating don't lost four stone in two months 🤔😂
My first injection was 16/2/24.

Happy to post a photo of my current weight if that would make you better satisfied?

I was massively bloated, retaining a lot of fluid and as I said the first 2 stone dropped off very quickly. I'm also staying very active and eating well (admittedly at the beginning I found eating very difficult at all). I also had a very bad week when I started 1mg where I couldn't keep anything down and lost a lot of weight then.

Sorry its working well for me I don't really know what to tell you...

• Haha
Reactions: 8

freddofrog

after a little plateau i’ve been losing weight again and im so pleased, 1 and a half stone to my pre baby weight now.
i actually wore some (stretchy) pre baby clothes yesterday in the sun and didn’t feel too awful about myself. wegovy really is amazing!

• Heart

Spider12

VIP Member
So, random, but have any of those on MJ noticed a change in their tastebuds?
I don't mean like what you want to eat, but has the actual taste of things changed for you? I feel like they have and I wanted to check if it was just me? 🙈
Yes mine definitely have! Nothing ignites my taste buds the same as before MJ

OhFFS

My MJ finally arrived today. I read the instructions, also watched a quick YouTube video and decided to stop overthinking *everything* and did my first injection tonight (completely painless but not sure what I'd expected). I'm looking forward to now joining you all with my weight loss ..hopefully with no/tiny side effects 🙏.

• Heart
[
For me the benefits outweigh the risks. I was obese and my risk of serious long term health issues was high. Semaglutide has helped me change that. I think it's just something we each need to discern. If you do have concerns I would chat to your GP about it.
I agree and have the same risks of serious health issues if I continue to get bigger and bigger. Not to mention I was actually becoming seriously depressed about my weight. I listen to the Docs Who Lift podcast and they’ve put my mind at ease about any risk of the things that people scaremonger with. Risk vs benefit. Use the meds sensibly.

pinklilybot

I have been reading here for so long and finally made an account to join in!

I started Wegovy in Sept weighing 12st 9lbs and this morning I weighed in at 10st exactly.
It’s been slow and steady. I’m just over 5ft so even half a stone makes such a difference to me.

I struggled really badly with constipation for the first 6 months and thought about giving up so many times but finally moving up to 1.7mg has been great and now have almost no side effects. I wish I had moved up sooner rather than staying on lower doses longer.

I’m about to start my 3rd month on 1.7mg. I plateaued for a while but now consistently losing 1lb or so a week which I’m happy with since I’m almost at my target.

Stick with it if you can!

• Heart
I forgot to come back and update after week 1 on Mounjaro 😂

I’m 3 weeks in now, I took my last dose of 2.5mg yesterday and I’m 12lbs down. Next Wednesday I’ll move up to 5mg.

Side effects - still none that are terrible tbh. I get nausea but it passes fairly quickly. The main thing is feeling absolutely freezing all the time but think that has to do with the UK being forever cold too.

For me it’s been life changing in reducing that food noise and letting me know when I’m actually full!

Super happy so far!