Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I ordered last night so I'll be joining you this week. I'm also nervous about the needle as I've never done an injection on myself. Got to be done though 💪 goof luck.
The needle is absolutely tiny. I can't feel it at all. Good luck on your Mounjaro journey!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So I started wegovy last week and I’ve lost 7 pounds ! So so strange feeling like food is not interesting to me! I don’t crave anything ! If someone offered me my favourite chocolate I just don’t want it !
I have ordered my first wegovy pen today - I hope I have a loss like yours the first week 🤩
Congratulations 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I've done a whole Wegovy at 2.4 and I just can't tolerate it, I'm going to go back down but have another big pen so I'm going to count clicks, can anyone point me to the replacement needles please? thank you!

Reactions: 1
3rd week weigh in and another 3lbs off, that’s a total of 7lbs or 3kg in 3 weeks. Happy with that. Food noise is all but gone, can eat but very much not tempted by all the stuff I usually would be.
Moving up to 5mg injection Saturday, hopefully stays the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So I started with my first Mounjaro injection on Friday because I sort of wanted to start with the bank holiday in mind because for me this is going to be my life now so I didn’t want to not challenge myself. I think it’s important for me that I see this as a lifestyle change rather than a quick fix so went in thinking if I want a glass of wine I will have one!

On Saturday I had a few drinks with friends but ate really well and made better choices, didn’t snack at all or over do it which is really unlike me. Yesterday I went to a bbq and had two drinks and 1 plate of food, my friends always cook too much so normally we’re all grazing for hours afterwards but I just had the 1 plate and that was that. The mindset I had before was just mad, ignoring the compulsion to try every thing that’s been cooked was so much easier when I have a voice in my head saying you don’t need to have a sausage you know what they taste like, it won’t kill you to not have that specific one 😂 I don’t know if that mindset makes sense to anyone else.

• Heart
My period is late. My periods are never late and I’ve NEVER had a missed period before
This. For the first time ever in my life my period came 8 days late.
---
negative? Or could mounjaro have affected my period? Why is it so late when I am always regular?
It's definitely MJ. I am on wegovy though. I freaked out that whole 8 days. And same with you all symptoms were there, and yep my partner as well thinks it smells a bit different than usual

Can anyone help me with a query on travelling with my MJ pen please? I've just finished my last epipen and I am flying to Spain on Thursday morning so I'm looking for advice as the pen will be unopened and should be kept at 30deg until it's opened. I've already bought a FRIO travel wallet which keeps things cool but how do I get it through security in my hand luggage? It will be out of the fridge for about 8 hours in total.
Or am I just overthinking things??

This. For the first time ever in my life my period came 8 days late.
---

It's definitely MJ. I am on wegovy though. I freaked out that whole 8 days. And same with you all symptoms were there, and yep my partner as well thinks it smells a bit different than usual
Ahhh this is so reassuring to hear because we have been so confused with the negative tests and symptoms. I almost fooled myself into thinking I was starting with nausea and morning sickness… but nope, all in my head. Hopefully period shows its red soon.

• Heart
Hi all I'm starting my Mounjaro journey tonight, I'm very excited at the thought at a new healthier life, not excited at the thought of injecting my self as I'm so scared of needles 😭
I’m starting tonight too
Having a bank holiday feast today then knuckling down

• Heart
I weighed myself this morning and I’m another 2kg down so that’s 11kg since starting. Still debating whether to take my first 1.7 tonight or wait until after my holiday.

• Heart
Can anyone help me with a query on travelling with my MJ pen please? I've just finished my last epipen and I am flying to Spain on Thursday morning so I'm looking for advice as the pen will be unopened and should be kept at 30deg until it's opened. I've already bought a FRIO travel wallet which keeps things cool but how do I get it through security in my hand luggage? It will be out of the fridge for about 8 hours in total.
Or am I just overthinking things??
You can get insulin pen travel bags if you're worried.
None of these drugs should go in the hold, always in the cabin. The hold can go below the accepted temp for the drugs and denature them. In the cabin you can control them in the insulin travel bags.
No issues with brining them through hand luggage, if you're worried bring the box with your script sticker on it or a print out of your script.
I've never had any issues travelling and brought some sax home from turkey last year too

• Heart
You can get insulin pen travel bags if you're worried.
None of these drugs should go in the hold, always in the cabin. The hold can go below the accepted temp for the drugs and denature them. In the cabin you can control them in the insulin travel bags.
No issues with brining them through hand luggage, if you're worried bring the box with your script sticker on it or a print out of your script.
I've never had any issues travelling and brought some sax home from turkey last year too
Thanks for this. I've bought the FRIO insulin travel bag but as you have to saturate them with water to activate I wondered how this would work going through security due to the liquid. I was planning on taking the box with my details on along just in case of any questions.

I guess my main concern is knowing that I've kept the pen at the recommended temp during my travel time. I'll be leaving home at 3am (thanks EasyJet!) and won't arrive until around 11am when I can put it back in the fridge.

If only I had planned things better I would already have started the pen and wouldn't have this problem. :rolleyes:

I weighed myself this morning and I’m another 2kg down so that’s 11kg since starting. Still debating whether to take my first 1.7 tonight or wait until after my holiday.
I can’t work out what to do around my holiday either. Will be moving up a dose the week before but don’t know whether to stick with same dose and have a fortnight break. Am going to Disney world so don’t want to feel crap and not be able to enjoy

I can’t work out what to do around my holiday either. Will be moving up a dose the week before but don’t know whether to stick with same dose and have a fortnight break. Am going to Disney world so don’t want to feel crap and not be able to enjoy
Yeah I'm not sure either, we go to Disney in August and I can't decide what's best.

I’ve bit the bullet and done it so will let you know how it goes *prays for crap bag*

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I wouldn't take a fortnight break. It'll be tough side effect-wise going up to that next dose after the long break. Plus I think they don't recommend more than 10 days between doses? I'd 'count clicks' with the new pen and take the lower dose before the holiday (and during)?

Hope you both have lovely holidays!

I’m reading mixed things, some have said they notice it wearing off by day 5/6 and other saying you have to build it up. Does anyone know how it’s supposed to work? I’m 3 days into my first Semaglutide injection

I ordered last night so I'll be joining you this week. I'm also nervous about the needle as I've never done an injection on myself. Got to be done though 💪 goof luck.
I've just done it, went in so easy and didn't even feel it.
Let me know how you get on xx

I’m reading mixed things, some have said they notice it wearing off by day 5/6 and other saying you have to build it up. Does anyone know how it’s supposed to work? I’m 3 days into my first Semaglutide injection
It’s both !!
You work you way up the dosage scale to get maximum benefits but you will also feel it start to wear off a bit as you get near the end of the week.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.