Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First injection done as of yesterday! Will be interested to see how long it takes to kick in.

Reactions: 4
After around 4 months on Wegovy and 3lbs total weight loss, I’ve decided to stop.

I know I’m around the level where I should start to see some benefit (1mg) but a few niggling side effects and the tiredness tells me I could be one of the people this doesn't work for.
I might try mounjaro next but need a break right now- my craving for unhealthy foods has been awful, even on wegovy.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
After around 4 months on Wegovy and 3lbs total weight loss, I’ve decided to stop.

I know I’m around the level where I should start to see some benefit (1mg) but a few niggling side effects and the tiredness tells me I could be one of the people this doesn't work for.
I might try mounjaro next but need a break right now- my craving for unhealthy foods has been awful, even on wegovy.
I am with you on this one. About to start second month on 1mg. Using a coaching service and when I queried the fact I have only lost 7lbs in 3 months even though I have eaten significantly less and not eating between meals I was told I should be focusing on other aspects on how I was feeling rather than the weight loss! TBH it is a hugely expensive way not to be losing weight! I have lost inches but with 5 stone plus to lose I am at a loss regarding what to do or try next 😔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Thank you, and do they always have stock?
I'm on sax atm and it's costing 260 a month if I can get it, if Wegovy is 250 a month after the first month it could be better
I paid €299 for month 2 (.5mg).
The price doesn't go down after month 1 unfortunately. If anything I'd say it possibly would go up as the dose goes up.
---
I emailed them and they've come back to say that they are only able to provide treatment in the UK at the moment and they don't have a timeline for when they can resume in Ireland. It sounds like you were right and they've gotten into difficulty for providing wegovy into ireland from the North.

Hopefully they get it resolved soon but to he honest I'm not optimistic.
That's so disappointing. Jesus what is the problem here at all. Impossible to get any kind of supply of weight loss meds. I won't be holding my breath for anything after next month which means in 6 months I'll have had one month on saxenda and two months on wegovy and back to square 1.
It also can't be good for a person to be stopping and starting different treatments. I feel like it'd lead to even more weight gain.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

That’s awful to lose such a small amount after all this time 😔 take a break xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I started mounjaro last week and have found it really effective in reducing my appetite and not thinking about food constantly. I feel like a normal person with a normal appetite.

Does anyone know if I will still be able to order it if my BMI goes below 27? Will it stop being prescribed? I’m not too far off that but would still need to lose more weight to be healthy - I’m apple shaped with lots of fat around my middle.

Hi everyone!
I ordered yesterday with medexpress then had second thoughts today so emailed them to ask if I could cancel 🙈 I have tried everything else the last option is either this or surgery - I know that’s pretty extreme but I have been dieting for 20 years now and the binge and restrict cycle is slowly taking over my life 🤯
Obviously if they don’t cancel then I will give it a go but I’m quite worried about getting bad side effects looking after two young children now I don’t know if I should just try again with the weight loss or just bite the bullet and try Mounjaro.
I guess it’s just the not knowing that’s bothering me! But all I do know is the food noise is strong 🤦🏼‍♀️ x
I’m so similar to you and I’ve nearly finished my first mounjaro, I’ve had v few side effects and lost half a stone. Go for it xx

Well I woke up at 6:44 with stomach cramps and managed to force myself back to sleep and now I’ve woken up at 10. I feel a bit rubbish but I don’t know if that’s just because I wouldn’t normally sleep in this late, I’m usually awake by 9 at the latest so will see how the day goes. Don’t feel particularly hungry but very low energy.

I've been on wegovy since October 2023 and have lost exactly 4st. I suffered with quite bad side effects up until to 2.4. Now I don't have any side effects but the weight loss has slowed significantly (it's taken me 2.5 months to shift the last stone). However food noise is still gone and I can now eat and drink what I want without having to worry about rushing to the loo to get sick or 💩 like on earlier doses!
Despite the weight loss, I was ready to give up a few months ago as felt I couldn't enjoy food or drink, but am glad I persevered as there can definitely be light at the end of the tunnel!

Reactions: 7
Having read all these posts, spoken with my doctor, googled myself into next week etc, i think I'm ready to actually do this but have what is probably a silly question. If I get a prescription with a particular supplier but then find somewhere else significantly cheaper a couple of months later, how easy is it to register with a new supplier? Or is it better to stay with one particular company? I had originally wondered whether a private prescription was quite generic could be used anywhere but obviously that's not the case so in your experiences, can I move between suppliers depending on costs or am I just making life more complicated for myself? Thanks for any advice.

Reactions: 1
Having read all these posts, spoken with my doctor, googled myself into next week etc, i think I'm ready to actually do this but have what is probably a silly question. If I get a prescription with a particular supplier but then find somewhere else significantly cheaper a couple of months later, how easy is it to register with a new supplier? Or is it better to stay with one particular company? I had originally wondered whether a private prescription was quite generic could be used anywhere but obviously that's not the case so in your experiences, can I move between suppliers depending on costs or am I just making life more complicated for myself? Thanks for any advice.
I have stayed with Boots the whole time as they give a returning customer discount plus were prioritising existing customers when there were shortages for certain doses. Nothing stopping you moving though.

From the UK currently pregnant and have always struggled with weight want to get healthy after baby is here, what is the best way about getting ozempic in UK without being put on waiting lists for months etc?

From the UK currently pregnant and have always struggled with weight want to get healthy after baby is here, what is the best way about getting ozempic in UK without being put on waiting lists for months etc?
If your not breastfeeding after your baby is born and don’t want to wait then it would be best paying it privately.

I’m so similar to you and I’ve nearly finished my first mounjaro, I’ve had v few side effects and lost half a stone. Go for it xx
Thank you, I actually cancelled and got my money back but now I have no idea what to do, because I am desperate to lose a few stone now. I may give it another few weeks then order again. So glad it’s working for you xx

I started mounjaro last week and have found it really effective in reducing my appetite and not thinking about food constantly. I feel like a normal person with a normal appetite.

Does anyone know if I will still be able to order it if my BMI goes below 27? Will it stop being prescribed? I’m not too far off that but would still need to lose more weight to be healthy - I’m apple shaped with lots of fat around my middle.
I've mentioned before I have checked this with Boots and they said they'd continue to supply me with Wegovy until I hit my goal weight or a 23 BMI. I would reccomend asking your supplier/prescriber to be certain though!
---
I have changed suppliers a few times! I started with Juniper, then RightAngled, and now I am very happy with Boots. You just need to fill out the new company's consultation form which will normally ask about whether you're currently already taking the medication/what dose etc.

(For ease of ordering and the 10% discount I'm just sticking with Boots for now rather than hunting down special discounts.)

Reactions: 2
I’ve just checked boots and they’ve closed to new customers because of demand.
The family chemist are supposed to be good x

I'm on week 4 (mj) and this is the first week I've had symptoms - not sure if it's because I've needed to take ibuprofen.
I can't eat a thing, all food is repulsive. I've just forced some rice down and could feel my jaw quivering. It's like food is about appealing as eating wood chippings 🥹

I've been on wegovy since October 2023 and have lost exactly 4st. I suffered with quite bad side effects up until to 2.4. Now I don't have any side effects but the weight loss has slowed significantly (it's taken me 2.5 months to shift the last stone). However food noise is still gone and I can now eat and drink what I want without having to worry about rushing to the loo to get sick or 💩 like on earlier doses!
Despite the weight loss, I was ready to give up a few months ago as felt I couldn't enjoy food or drink, but am glad I persevered as there can definitely be light at the end of the tunnel!
came on here to say something similar, i felt pretty dreadful on 0.25 and 0.5 (including many toilet trips) and now im able to eat and drink - in smaller amounts as i get full - without feeling like death or vomiting.
still losing about 1-2lb a week so on track for where i wanted to be in summer 🥰

Reactions: 2
Just weighed in after my second week on the lowest dose of Mounjaro and it's another 5lbs off - really pleased.
Still no major side effects, so injection three done!

ETA - also managed to get comfortable into a pair of jeans that have never fit me before! 🥳

Reactions: 6
Well I still have digestion issues after my chippy the other night. There’s a lesson learnt. I’m meant to go up to 1.7mg tomorrow but I wish I had ordered another month of 1mg as I’m going on holiday on Thursday and don’t want side affects to ruin it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.