Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another newbie question here...sorry.
Have you found a supplier with an 'after service' -on-line check ins, slimming group style support to be better or is there so much support and info online that it's not really necessary? Fully appreciate it's what works best on a personal level but interested to hear people's experiences. Thanks so much.

Have you found a supplier with an 'after service' -on-line check ins, slimming group style support to be better or is there so much support and info online that it's not really necessary? Fully appreciate it's what works best on a personal level but interested to hear people's experiences. Thanks so much.
Not necessary, there's so much support on here or there's Facebook groups etc. Any support you get will just be diet advice that you've heard 1000 times before.

Reactions: 3
[
Second Nature do this. Probably Noom as well now or very soon. I like it. They are into the psychological side of overeating as well, so we’re all talking about flexing our mental muscles to retrain our old eating habits in these early stages as the medication wears off a little end of the week (you’re grouped with others at a similar stage so we’re all on first level of medication). Means it’s more expensive than just buying the meds though.

Reactions: 2
Hi all
I’ve given into the fact I just cannot lose this weight with no help. I have been refered to our nhs weight management service but there’s a two year wait. I’ve ordered my first Mounjaro and will be taking it tomorrow. Hoping to lose at least a stone in 7 weeks is that doable? I’m a big lass

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hi all
I’ve given into the fact I just cannot lose this weight with no help. I have been refered to our nhs weight management service but there’s a two year wait. I’ve ordered my first Mounjaro and will be taking it tomorrow. Hoping to lose at least a stone in 7 weeks is that doable? I’m a big lass
Very doable. I lost 2 stone in 7 weeks 😁

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Hi all
Im
Also a big lass. Done 10lbs in a month. I think you can because you’ll naturally eat less. This feels so achievable and not too fast which you don’t want. I’ve had to make myself eat lunch sometimes cos I realise I might actually be needing some sustenance

Reactions: 4
Can I ask people how their mood has been on it? As food is my main interest and motivator in life - was just wondering if without it I will feel low?

Reactions: 1
Second Nature and Juniper both do this sort of thing with 'health coaches' and forums. I started with Juniper but didn't find their forum set up that helpful to be honest - not that many helpful conversations, though some inspiring success stories - and the 'health coaches' were nice but not super helpful? Now they have a private FB group for their customers and it could be better? Anyway, I found just looking in the general FB groups, searching reddit subreddits for info etc was sufficient. Plus this thread!

• Heart
Not necessary, there's so much support on here or there's Facebook groups etc. Any support you get will just be diet advice that you've heard 1000 times before.
This was the case with Juniper! The 'health coach' advice was basic (and It was unclear what their qualifications were ha).
---
Hi all
For sure doable! The trials saw people on average lose 4% of their body weight in the first month. (this second nature blog post links through to the scientific paper too)

Last edited:
I’m due to move up to 5ml of MJ tomorrow. I feel like I need to too, 2.5 was working well but this last week I’ve been feeling the cravings and food noise creeping back in.

I’m going on holiday in a few weeks for 10 days and don’t want to take the pen with me. I currently inject on a Monday but will be flying out on a Friday. So ideally I think I want to take the shot on the Thursday instead. Has anyone altered their days by this much? I’m thinking of taking it a day earlier for a few weeks until the days align?

• Heart
Hey all - bit of a different post from me and essentially looking for some advice as I’m confused 🙈

My period is late. My periods are never late and I’ve NEVER had a missed period before. My period was due 27/28 April, it’s now 6 May. I’ve had mild menstrual cramps since before 27/28 so assumed my period was on the way. My nipples are sensitive, partner thinks they’ve changed (I don’t know), he also said downstairs smells different 🙈😭. All symptoms of pregnancy so google tells me.

I did a pregnancy test on 4 May which was negative. I then did one the morning of 5 May, again negative. And then my partner picked up the clear blue test and we tested again in the afternoon but still negative. So I’m confused. Is it too early to test? Is it a false negative? Or could mounjaro have affected my period? Why is it so late when I am always regular?

I’m not on any contraception. My partner and I are not actively trying to conceive but we’ve said if it happens it happens as we’re happy, in a comfortable position and wanted to take any pressure away.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated 🤗

• Heart
My period was 2 days late this month and I’m usually extremely regular and some other posters on here have mentioned cycle changes. I googled it and the Reddit page for Wegovy had similar posts too.

Maybe MJ also affects cycles? I guess wait a few more days and see if it comes or do another test

• Heart
Hey all - bit of a different post from me and essentially looking for some advice as I’m confused 🙈

My period is late. My periods are never late and I’ve NEVER had a missed period before. My period was due 27/28 April, it’s now 6 May. I’ve had mild menstrual cramps since before 27/28 so assumed my period was on the way. My nipples are sensitive, partner thinks they’ve changed (I don’t know), he also said downstairs smells different 🙈😭. All symptoms of pregnancy so google tells me.

I did a pregnancy test on 4 May which was negative. I then did one the morning of 5 May, again negative. And then my partner picked up the clear blue test and we tested again in the afternoon but still negative. So I’m confused. Is it too early to test? Is it a false negative? Or could mounjaro have affected my period? Why is it so late when I am always regular?

I’m not on any contraception. My partner and I are not actively trying to conceive but we’ve said if it happens it happens as we’re happy, in a comfortable position and wanted to take any pressure away.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated 🤗
I’m not on Mounjaro but am on Wegovy. My period was late by around 15 days last month. I have read other posters say they have found this to happen too.

• Heart
My period was 2 days late this month and I’m usually extremely regular and some other posters on here have mentioned cycle changes. I googled it and the Reddit page for Wegovy had similar posts too.

Maybe MJ also affects cycles? I guess wait a few more days and see if it comes or do another test
Thank you! The threads I’ve read were all about positive effects on the cycle so that’s helpful to know. I think I’m more baffled as I’m over a week late now. But yes will test again in a couple of days and see what happens
---
I’m not on Mounjaro but am on Wegovy. My period was late by around 15 days last month. I have read other posters say they have found this to happen too.
Ahhh thank you!!

• Heart
I'm on the first four weeks of MJ and my period is also late. I'm normally as regular as clockwork.
I know I'm not pregnant - would literally be a miracle - so it is just effects of the drug.
Going to do some more reading.

• Heart
Hi all I'm starting my Mounjaro journey tonight, I'm very excited at the thought at a new healthier life, not excited at the thought of injecting my self as I'm so scared of needles 😭

• Heart
Hi all I'm starting my Mounjaro journey tonight, I'm very excited at the thought at a new healthier life, not excited at the thought of injecting my self as I'm so scared of needles 😭
I ordered last night so I'll be joining you this week. I'm also nervous about the needle as I've never done an injection on myself. Got to be done though 💪 goof luck.

• Heart
So I started wegovy last week and I’ve lost 7 pounds ! So so strange feeling like food is not interesting to me! I don’t crave anything ! If someone offered me my favourite chocolate I just don’t want it !

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.