Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I'm starting my Mounjaro today. I wanted to inject this morning, but am out for most of the day, back late afternoon.
Is there a risk any side effects would kick in quite quickly, and I'm therefore better to wait until I get home?

So I'm starting my Mounjaro today. I wanted to inject this morning, but am out for most of the day, back late afternoon.
Is there a risk any side effects would kick in quite quickly, and I'm therefore better to wait until I get home?
I'm in week 2 of Mounjaro - I took my second dose of 2.5mg yesterday. I found that I didn't get any effects (beneficial or side) from my first injection until the following day, with one exception, which was a funny taste in the mouth about 3 hours after injecting, and that didn't last long. So based on my experience you'd be fine, but I think it does vary from person to person.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I'm in week 2 of Mounjaro - I took my second dose of 2.5mg yesterday. I found that I didn't get any effects (beneficial or side) from my first injection until the following day, with one exception, which was a funny taste in the mouth about 3 hours after injecting, and that didn't last long. So based on my experience you'd be fine, but I think it does vary from person to person.
Thank you. I'm gonna go for it! x

Reactions: 2
Thank you. I'm gonna go for it! x
Good luck! I have to say I'm hugely impressed with Mounjaro so far. The side effects aren't bad- basically heartburn, and feeling a bit rough for the first hour after waking, is about all I've had. The positive effects are amazing! Hunger and cravings massively reduced, and when I do eat, I can only manage smaller portions. But I do still enjoy the food I used to - I was a bit worried it would remove all pleasure from eating, but it hasn't. It has had a similar effect on alcohol too, which is good. I've lost 9lb in 8 days, which I'm very happy about!

I have definitely noticed the effect wearing off throughout the day, and the week, though. As I've been injecting on a Saturday, that means I'm most likely to want, and be able, to indulge on a Friday or Saturday night - I can't work out whether this is a good thing or not!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Good luck! I have to say I'm hugely impressed with Mounjaro so far. The side effects aren't bad- basically heartburn, and feeling a bit rough for the first hour after waking, is about all I've had. The positive effects are amazing! Hunger and cravings massively reduced, and when I do eat, I can only manage smaller portions. But I do still enjoy the food I used to - I was a bit worried it would remove all pleasure from eating, but it hasn't. It has had a similar effect on alcohol too, which is good. I've lost 9lb in 8 days, which I'm very happy about!

I have definitely noticed the effect wearing off throughout the day, and the week, though. As I've been injecting on a Saturday, that means I'm most likely to want, and be able, to indulge on a Friday or Saturday night - I can't work out whether this is a good thing or not!
You're doing great 👏🏻 Well done!
Thanks for the info/advice.

One question - the info in the pack wasn't too clear. I'm t says the own needs to be in the fridge until first use, but can then be kept out. Do you still just store yours in the fridge?

• Heart
I inject MJ on a Sunday. Having my 3rd injection today. I’ve lost 7lbs so far and I’m pretty ecstatic. Loving the food noise being suppressed. It’s amazing. I find being aware of possible side effects makes me mindful of eating well and drinking water. I’ve not really had any side effects as yet but anticipate as I go up the dosages that there may be some. However, I’m willing to ride them out as the risk of stroke and other health issues through being obese is enough of a deterrent to me, or of getting diabetes like my mum. It’s expensive, but I’m not buying coffees every day, or snacks. Also hoping I will be able to wear all the clothes I’ve got stashed away that are too small at some point this year. I love clothes, well I used to anyway, and I’m really hoping to be feeling good in my lovely clothes again soon. My weight had crept to 16.5 stone which is just mad, I felt stuck and scared tbh, and hate looking at myself in the mirror. My husband is really supportive of me doing this, not in a fat-shaming way, he knows the health risks and how I feel and all my aches and pains likely made worse due to my weight.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
You're doing great 👏🏻 Well done!
Thanks for the info/advice.

One question - the info in the pack wasn't too clear. I'm t says the own needs to be in the fridge until first use, but can then be kept out. Do you still just store yours in the fridge?
Yes, I keep mine in the fridge all the time. I take it out a couple of hours before injecting because I read somewhere that it can be more uncomfortable if it's cold. Though considering I don't feel a thing, I don't know how much of a concern that is really.

• Heart
Yes, I keep mine in the fridge all the time. I take it out a couple of hours before injecting because I read somewhere that it can be more uncomfortable if it's cold. Though considering I don't feel a thing, I don't know how much of a concern that is really.
Thank you.
I've injected so let's see how it goes 👍🏻 xXx

• Heart
It should be left out of the fridge when using. All of the pens. It’s like insulin, a patient Carrie’s one pen on them all the time

Sorry if this has already been answered but my ADHD brain hasnt got the attention span to read through all of the threads.

How are you guys getting ozempic? Can I order it online without a prescription or consultation?

Sorry if this has already been answered but my ADHD brain hasnt got the attention span to read through all of the threads.

How are you guys getting ozempic? Can I order it online without a prescription or consultation?
I get Wegovy which is Ozempic from simple online pharmacy. Had to do an online consultation and then it gets reviewed by a dr.

Also I was looking at my NHS records and they’ve told my doctor I’m on it. I think you can select for them not to tell them but to be fair I don’t mind as I am obese and so my doctors don’t have an issue with it

i've been on mounjaro 2.5mg for one month now, lost 13lbs with no side effects
moved up to 5mg as i felt myself having those takeaway cravings and wasn't losing what i wanted (6lbs in the first week but then 2lbs weekly since then)

anyway since i injected, i have the worst sulphur burps and stomach cramps. really bad nausea and can't take any food or much liquid, please tell me it gets better? i'm hoping it's just my body adjusting to a bigger dose because wow this is horrible

Does anyone know the difference between mounjaro and wegovy and what works best for people?Cant decide which one to order
Thanks in advance :)

Wegovy is the same drug as Ozempic, but prescribed for weight loss. So it'd be the one you'd get now in the UK (or alternativly Mounjaro is a similar drug!

You need to do a consultation to get it prescribed through one of the online websites (and meet the criteria).

Lloyds Online Pharmacy, Boots Online Doctor, Asda Online Pharmacy, Simple Online Pharmacy, RightAngled, My Juniper, and Pharmacy2U are all places I can recall tattlers have ordered through.
---
Does anyone know the difference between mounjaro and wegovy and what works best for people?Cant decide which one to order
Mounjaro seems to be the most effective, and from the studies may have the least side effects. If I was starting again I'd probably go with it (the prices are also comparable). But I've also had lots of success on Wegovy!

This is a good explainer.

I also like this table from Superdrug:
1713712012448.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Wegovy is the same drug as Ozempic, but prescribed for weight loss. So it'd be the one you'd get now in the UK (or alternativly Mounjaro is a similar drug!

You need to do a consultation to get it prescribed through one of the online websites (and meet the criteria).

Lloyds Online Pharmacy, Boots Online Doctor, Asda Online Pharmacy, Simple Online Pharmacy, RightAngled, My Juniper, and Pharmacy2U are all places I can recall tattlers have ordered through.
---

Mounjaro seems to be the most effective, and from the studies may have the least side effects. If I was starting again I'd probably go with it (the prices are also comparable). But I've also had lots of success on W

This is a good explainer.

I also like this table from Superdrug:
ah thank you so much! Really helpful!

Hi!! I am 7 weeks in and have just done my first dose of 5 mg of mounjaro. It’s going really well and I’ve lost nearly a stone.

I’m trying to get answers about the dreaded exit plan. I want to be able to titrate down very slowly and may want a maintenance dose once I hit goal weight. I’m worried uk prescribers won’t do this and will chuck you off once you hit BMI 25. A lot of US users report being on maintenance doses. I’ve contacted my prescriber but no response. Does anyone know? I know it’s new here and maybe we are behind the USA in terms of exit strategies, but it’s bothering me.

Mounjaro seems to be the most effective from my research
---
I’m 5 days into first dose of Mounjaro. My nemesis is Toblerone and had a bit last night and a bit today (a small amount in comp to normal), both times awful awful heartburn after! Lesson learnt!

Reactions: 4
Hi!! I am 7 weeks in and have just done my first dose of 5 mg of mounjaro. It’s going really well and I’ve lost nearly a stone.

I’m trying to get answers about the dreaded exit plan. I want to be able to titrate down very slowly and may want a maintenance dose once I hit goal weight. I’m worried uk prescribers won’t do this and will chuck you off once you hit BMI 25. A lot of US users report being on maintenance doses. I’ve contacted my prescriber but no response. Does anyone know? I know it’s new here and maybe we are behind the USA in terms of exit strategies, but it’s bothering me.
I asked Boots about this recently in the context of Wegovy as I was curious about eventually titrating off. They said once I read my goal weight or 23 BMI (whichever happens first I assume?) I can just stop it. But I'd prefer to titrate off (or have a maintenance dose for a while). So not sure how that will go? Not sure why specifically a 23 bmi either? Or if this is like official policy for boots and other places maybe be different? As it is my goal weight would have me at like a 24 bmi so I might be able to get away with a few months after of maintenance or titrating off without them making me stop, hopefully. 🤞

Congrats on your weight loss so far Slatternly!
---
ah thank you so much! Really helpful!
Happy to help! It's super overwhelming with all the info out there, and not knowing what places are legitimate etc. Good luck!

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend somewhere I can go with a BMI of 26 to get prescribed please? Or do I just lie and say it’s higher??

Thank you. I think it’s all very new to prescribers and seems to vary from place to place. I’ve heard of some prescribers stopping at bmi 27 for example.

There will be lots of us in the same boat and it’s in their best interests to make it work. It’s going to be interesting seeing what happens.

I have no desire to be BMI 23 as I’ll end up looking like Lesley Joseph so may do like you say, and stretch doses once I get down to about 24/25. Who knows?