Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My Mounjaro pen arrived yesterday 😝
Have quite a busy couple of days now, so waiting until Sunday to get started just in case I do get any side effects that hit.
Can't wait to get going though!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Has anyone got a code for Medexpress for the 5mg Mounjaro own please? I can only see codes for new users not existing! Thanks 😊

Panic over about my delivery today. Boyfriend couldn’t be bothered getting up early enough to go to the office so he’s wfh 🙌🏻😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Hi everyone! Good morning. I’m a newbie here and this is my first venture into the world of weight loss drugs. I was only recently told I meet the NHS criteria for Ozempic and I’ve started doing my research. In the meantime, I’ve been losing weight doing my own sort of diet plan. I’ve failed on SlimmingWorld and weight watchers too many times and I’m not giving them another penny of my money. I’ve lost 18lbs since January but it’s slow!!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hi everyone! Good morning. I’m a newbie here and this is my first venture into the world of weight loss drugs. I was only recently told I meet the NHS criteria for Ozempic and I’ve started doing my research. In the meantime, I’ve been losing weight doing my own sort of diet plan. I’ve failed on SlimmingWorld and weight watchers too many times and I’m not giving them another penny of my money. I’ve lost 18lbs since January but it’s slow!!
Welcome 😁 well done on the 18lbs loss! I’m in the slow and steady group too and have been on Wegovy since November , I have lost just under three stone in that time . I have been doing a couple days a week at the gym and the injections have changed my life . I no longer have joint pain and I’ve been lucky enough to have little to no side effects . I only feel tired on the injection day and get a dry mouth the morning after . Mr Dollybird says the dry mouth is because I sleep with mouth open 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm only on week 1 on MJ (day 5) but I already feel it's changing my life.

no side effects
Appropriate appetite
Chocolate & crisp cravings are non existent.
Joint pain has all but vanished

I've had a terrible year with depression & debt and had such a shock when I weighed myself to find I was now obese. I didn't even know what food noise was but now it's gone I feel so hopeful that life is about to get better again. I've lost 5kg (11lb) since Saturday (likely water weight but I'll take it).

I usually don't last a day counting calories and get worried about missing out on treats so even 5 days of sticking to healthy meals is amazing for me. Maybe I won't be avoiding all social events from now on 😄

Reactions: 7
Has anyone got a code for Medexpress for the 5mg Mounjaro own please? I can only see codes for new users not existing! Thanks 😊
LUCK25
---
I don't mean to rain on your parade, but while you may qualify on the NHS the reality of getting the drug is very different. Some people have been told they may have to wait years.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Delighted to say I'm now no longer in the Obese BMI category! 58lbs down and 26 or so to go.

This med (in my case Ozempic/Wegovy) has been truely life changing. I wish the NHS and HSE would sort themselves out and help more people have access to GLP-1 medications for treatment of obesity. It seems to me it would do wonders to help improve health outcomes for so many people (and in the process save the health services' money!)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Delighted to say I'm now no longer in the Obese BMI category! 58lbs down and 26 or so to go.

This med (in my case Ozempic/Wegovy) has been truely life changing. I wish the NHS and HSE would sort themselves out and help more people have access to GLP-1 medications for treatment of obesity. It seems to me it would do wonders to help improve health outcomes for so many people (and in the process save the health services' money!)
How long did this take and what dose are you on?

I’m having the slowest journey so far. Lost 0.2lb this week…yes that’s right not even half a pound. I feel tired and nauseous a lot but find the thing that makes me feel better is to eat 🙈😩

How long did this take and what dose are you on?

I’m having the slowest journey so far. Lost 0.2lb this week…yes that’s right not even half a pound. I feel tired and nauseous a lot but find the thing that makes me feel better is to eat 🙈😩
I'm now at 2.4mg. Started my first pen in June of 2023. Because of supply issues I spent a while at 0.25 and then 0.5. I noticed the lack of food noise straight away but the weight loss was slow until I was at 1mg and higher. I've also had some plateaus as well, though the weight still gradually drops off!

I think it's good to eat if it helps your nausea! Have you got some easy snacks that are high in protein that you can turn to?

Reactions: 3
I'm now at 2.4mg. Started my first pen in June of 2023. Because of supply issues I spent a while at 0.25 and then 0.5. I noticed the lack of food noise straight away but the weight loss was slow until I was at 1mg and higher. I've also had some plateaus as well, though the weight still gradually drops off!

I think it's good to eat if it helps your nausea! Have you got some easy snacks that are high in protein that you can turn to?
Thank you! I’ll be moving up to 1mg next week so hoping to start seeing some results.

I definitely need to look at my diet more and plan better so I’m not reaching for biscuits every time I feel sick

Hi guys ! Is it normal that only one pen came with my delivery of Wegovy? I thought four pens would be included 😬this is my 0.25 starter dose im extremely nervous

Reactions: 1
Hi guys ! Is it normal that only one pen came with my delivery of Wegovy? I thought four pens would be included 😬this is my 0.25 starter dose im extremely nervous
Yes, there are four doses in that pen (sometimes more). It is one dose a week.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hello I need some advice.

Mounjaro. Injected last Monday.

Ended up having 3 days off work due to gastro symptoms.

Obviously can't do that every time.

I do have IBS

Haven't injected this week. Should I try injecting friday, potentially ruining the weekender should I call it quits?

I've still got burps, diahorrea, nausea, sickness etc and general gastro issues

Last edited:
Hello I need some advice.

Mounjaro. Injected last Monday.

Ended up having 3 days off work due to gastro symptoms.

Obviously can't do that every time.

I do have IBS

Haven't injected this week. Should I try injecting friday, potentially ruining the weekender should I call it quits?

I've still got burps and general gastro issues
Try doing it in your thigh instead.

Reactions: 1
Week 1 done and I'm down 3lb. Although I don't think it's a true loss as I had my period and was pretty much up those 3lb suddenly because of it. So I'm more thinking I stayed the same.
I took my second dose yesterday.

Thoughts so far - I noticed a small reduction in hunger. Less likely to feel the need to snack mid-day but my portions were much the same.
First few days were probably more effective than towards the end of the week.
Immediately after my second dose yesterday I felt a big reduction in hunger. I took it in the morning and didn't eat until lunch time when a sandwich kept me full until 6pm and even at that I wasn't that hungry. Only ate a small portion of dinner. Was a bit hungry when I woke up so had breakfast but only managed about half of what I'd usually eat.

Reactions: 5