Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello I need some advice.

Mounjaro. Injected last Monday.

Ended up having 3 days off work due to gastro symptoms.

Obviously can't do that every time.

I do have IBS

Haven't injected this week. Should I try injecting friday, potentially ruining the weekender should I call it quits?

I've still got burps, diahorrea, nausea, sickness etc and general gastro issues
Yes might be an idea to time the injections to fit better in with your life. Hopefully you won’t have the same bad experience though as your body will be a little used to it now.

For example, I inject Sunday mornings because I wfh on Tuesday and usually feel like that’s my worst day for symptoms.

Reactions: 2
LUCK25
---

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but while you may qualify on the NHS the reality of getting the drug is very different. Some people have been told they may have to wait years.
I am not sure if I can afford it privately but I might look into it. I could probably cut back on other stuff and make it work financially. I’m just starting my journey really. Really good to be with likeminded people. 🙂

I justified the cost by cutting back on the coffees on the run and stupid stuff. There is also tax back in Ireland on prescribed medication of 20% not sure of uk. I cannot quantify the benefit in monetary value in terms of been down the excess weight.

Reactions: 1
Week 1 done and I'm down 3lb. Although I don't think it's a true loss as I had my period and was pretty much up those 3lb suddenly because of it. So I'm more thinking I stayed the same.
I took my second dose yesterday.

Thoughts so far - I noticed a small reduction in hunger. Less likely to feel the need to snack mid-day but my portions were much the same.
First few days were probably more effective than towards the end of the week.
Immediately after my second dose yesterday I felt a big reduction in hunger. I took it in the morning and didn't eat until lunch time when a sandwich kept me full until 6pm and even at that I wasn't that hungry. Only ate a small portion of dinner. Was a bit hungry when I woke up so had breakfast but only managed about half of what I'd usually eat.
I’m 4 days in after first dose and definitely felt way more hungry yesterday than I did first 2 days. Also slept better and less gripey tummy

I'm day 4 of my first 5mg dose and feel like death this morning, I've got diarrhea, keep retching and have such bad heartburn 😫 never had any side effects on 2.5mg

Will these pass?

• Sad
I'm day 4 of my first 5mg dose and feel like death this morning, I've got diarrhea, keep retching and have such bad heartburn 😫 never had any side effects on 2.5mg

Will these pass?
oh no! i hope it does.

i'm day 4 of 2.5 and had no issues so far. was worried about the sulphur burps but nothing touch wood so far. except having less ibs symptoms!

oh no! i hope it does.

i'm day 4 of 2.5 and had no issues so far. was worried about the sulphur burps but nothing touch wood so far. except having less ibs symptoms!
I've just started with the loose motions, had sulfur burps are a regular thing now. Are we slowly being poisoned 😆😩

Has anyone found taking their injection a few days later has symptoms? I’m on 2.4 Wegovy, usually inject on Fridays but due to going out at the weekend I injected Monday morning. This morning I feel so sick, would assume maybe I’m just poorly but the eggy burps are making me think it’s injection related 🤢
I had this and decided wasn't worth it so I now inject 3 x a week splitting the dose across 3 and no longer get the side effects apart from a little nausea
---
Has anyone found taking their injection a few days later has symptoms? I’m on 2.4 Wegovy, usually inject on Fridays but due to going out at the weekend I injected Monday morning. This morning I feel so sick, would assume maybe I’m just poorly but the eggy burps are making me think it’s injection related 🤢
I had this and decided wasn't worth it so I now inject 3 x a week splitting the dose across 3 and no longer get the side effects apart from a little nausea
Great to see success stories!
Just had 4th wegovy injection of .25 have put ON weight : / I’ve been more active than ever gym classes and Pilates 6 times a week and 10k steps.
Still food noise though
Lost on Ozempic about 18months ago but wandering if just a case of early doses or maybe monjaro will be better.
Same! I'm convinced Wegovy is not as "strong" as Ozempic as I've not lost much at all since switching and I'm on 1.0mg

Same! I'm convinced Wegovy is not as "strong" as Ozempic as I've not lost much at all since switching and I'm on 1.0mg
Ive noticed on 1.0mg I haven’t lost as much, I lost more on the lower doses. The last 2 weeks I’ve been craving things and hungrier than usual too 🙈 I’m starting another full pen of 1.0 tomorrow so I wish I went up a dose

Reactions: 3
Ive noticed on 1.0mg I haven’t lost as much, I lost more on the lower doses. The last 2 weeks I’ve been craving things and hungrier than usual too 🙈 I’m starting another full pen of 1.0 tomorrow so I wish I went up a dose
The exact same is happening to me! I was suffering with quite a few symptoms on my first 1.0mg pen so didn’t move up. This week I’ve been so hungry…. Raging hungry. I’ve just done the last dose of this 2nd pen and will have to move up. Not lost at all on 1.0mg really!

Just as another perspective, I think it's worth remembering it is normal when you're losing weight to have plateaus. I don't think the GLP-1 medication stops those happening either. Being patient during the plateaus sucks though 🙃
---

I wonder if splitting up the dose is part of the reason it has been less effective weight loss wise? If splitting the dose has lowered the side effects I wonder if it also is lowering the effectiveness? I could be totally wrong though (I am def not a scientist!)

Or it might be worth switching to Mounjaro? In the studies they've done Mounjaro seems to have less side effects.

Last edited:
Just as another perspective, I think it's worth remembering it is normal when you're losing weight to have plateaus. I don't think the GLP-1 medication stops those happening either. Being patient during the plateaus sucks though 🙃
---

I wonder if splitting up the dose is part of the reason it has been less effective weight loss wise? If splitting the dose has lowered the side effects I wonder if it also is lowering the effectiveness? I could be totally wrong though (I am def not a scientist!)

Or it might be worth switching to Mounjaro? In the studies they've done Mounjaro seems to have less side effects.
I've only just recently (last 4 weeks split the dose). I've been on Wegovy 1.0 since end of November and haven't lost as well as I did when on 0.5 Ozempic

• Sad
I injected with 2.4mg Wegovy for the first time yesterday, I’d delayed it a few days as I’ve been unwell with a nasty cough and temp.

Unfortunately for me the temp has shot back up today and feeling so weak and tired. Managed some toast earlier but have been asleep most of the afternoon! Still no appetite now; but going to try and eat something - no idea what I fancy though!

I haven’t really had any side effects - on each dose it’s been constipation and trapped wind, but most problematic has been nausea and extreme fatigue and headaches. I’m not sure if the tiredness today is exacerbated by the illness too. Feeling quite sorry for myself tonight!

• Sad
  • Heart
I haven’t taken my saxenda last two days as I have had gastro bug, should I start back on a lower dose than 2,4 ? Anyone have any idea

Hi guys, currently half way through my second week on 1.0mg . Only lost 3lb altogether on the lower doses, so was hoping this 1.0mg would start doing the job!
It’s well and truly doing it’s job but the side affects are brutal for me so far…the eggy burps are so bad my hubby keeps blaming the smell on the dogs farts 🤣 so I’m going along with it at this point. I had 2 slices of pizza on our treat night with kids and vomited it all back up. I can barley look at food cos of the nausea.
It’s giving me PTSD from when I had hyperemsis, Obvs not half as bad but if hubby hadn’t of had the snip then I’d be worrying 😅

Silver lining- I’ve lost 4lbs already this week and took dose on wed morning.

Advice on eggy burps and sickness please ?

• Haha
I've only just recently (last 4 weeks split the dose). I've been on Wegovy 1.0 since end of November and haven't lost as well as I did when on 0.5 Ozempic
That's very frustrating! Maybe worth considering Mounjaro? (given it sounds like the side effects from Wegovy wouldn't be worth going up to higher dose :()
---
I haven’t taken my saxenda last two days as I have had gastro bug, should I start back on a lower dose than 2,4 ? Anyone have any idea
If it's been less than three days the advice seems to be to just restart at your current dose!

(this link has advice for if you've missed all three of the main medications so a useful resource for all of us)

Last edited:
Anyone else moved from Wegovy to Mounjaro? I lost a stone on the first month of Wegovy then stalled, so switched to Mounjaro. Now my appetite doesn't seem surpressed at all. I put a pound on last week and I'm expecting the same this week as I've been eating and drinking too much I suspect.

• Sad
Anyone else moved from Wegovy to Mounjaro? I lost a stone on the first month of Wegovy then stalled, so switched to Mounjaro. Now my appetite doesn't seem surpressed at all. I put a pound on last week and I'm expecting the same this week as I've been eating and drinking too much I suspect.
Yeah same switched and gaining but willing to stick it out given we’ve switched from max to min dose

Hi guys, currently half way through my second week on 1.0mg . Only lost 3lb altogether on the lower doses, so was hoping this 1.0mg would start doing the job!
It’s well and truly doing it’s job but the side affects are brutal for me so far…the eggy burps are so bad my hubby keeps blaming the smell on the dogs farts 🤣 so I’m going along with it at this point. I had 2 slices of pizza on our treat night with kids and vomited it all back up. I can barley look at food cos of the nausea.
It’s giving me PTSD from when I had hyperemsis, Obvs not half as bad but if hubby hadn’t of had the snip then I’d be worrying 😅

Silver lining- I’ve lost 4lbs already this week and took dose on wed morning.

Advice on eggy burps and sickness please ?
I’m in a similar situation. On 1mg, very low weight loss so far.
I’ve found if I stick to protein and vegetables i don’t get the eggy burps or loose stools.
but if I have dense carbs like bread or pasta; there is hell to pay.
I found this out with chicken stir fry. When it was only chicken and vegetables, perfect. When it was chicken vegetables and noodles, trouble.
Also i get the situation if i overeat.

• Heart
Today is jab day for me but I’m so unwell with a severe ear infection and on antibiotics. In so much pain and can’t sleep so I’m worried about adding wegovy to the mix but also don’t want to go too long without as worry my body will react badly if I leave it too long between doses 😩