Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am due to inject week 3 of MJ tonight. I can order the 5ml dose from medexpress now but obviously won’t need it for another 2 weeks or so . Can I store it in the fridge until I need it or should I just wait? I know there’s an expiry date on the pen but can’t find how long you can store them before you use them for the first time
I bought the starter pack of 2 months worth of Mounjaro from Bolt as it was good value, I'm 2 injections in to the first pen so the other is sitting in the fridge. You should be fine to order your next one now.

Reactions: 1
So I’m on day 4 I’ve had to force myself to eat. I’ve managed a bit of toast with marmalade, not going to weigh myself again now until Thursday now but impressed so far with the lack of side effects.

Reactions: 3
So I’m on day 4 I’ve had to force myself to eat. I’ve managed a bit of toast with marmalade, not going to weigh myself again now until Thursday now but impressed so far with the lack of side effects.
the hunger is switched off but you still need to eat xx try boiled eggs, chicken, cheese, be careful about constipation so drink plenty of water. I'm week 3, my appetite has returned so I'm having to work at it now. Keep going

Reactions: 6
what injection are you on? 💗

Had my first Mounjaro injection on Sunday morning.
No real side effects apart from feeling very cold yesterday, but that might be due to a bug going round 🤷🏻‍♀️
What I have found - and I'm really pleased about - is that I haven't felt hungry or even thought about food. Even in those 'bored' moments where I would normally eat to occupy my hands and mouth.
Working on getting water intake up and am having a protein shake for breakfast today as I know I need to get some nutrition in but really don't feel like eating.
Am also taking supplements, vitamins b,c & d, iron and folic acid.

I’ve found probably ever since starting injections I seem to be cold a lot more. Any one else? Seems to hit its peak at 3 and I just feel cold to bone when everyone else will be saying it’s not cold.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve found probably ever since starting injections I seem to be cold a lot more. Any one else? Seems to hit its peak at 3 and I just feel cold to bone when everyone else will be saying it’s not cold.
YES! i’m always sat with a hot water bottle.

Yes!! I have been blaming the weather which seems fair enough at the moment but I am definitely always the coldest person in the room 😂 my hot water bottle and heated gilet have been working overtime!!
Worth it though. I have my 6th shot of MJ tomorrow and I’m 6kg down which would never have happened without this help.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi, hope everybody’s week is off to a good start! I had my 4th dose of my first MJ pen at the weekend so I need to reorder by tomorrow. I can’t decide whether to move up to 5mg or stick with 2.5mg. For context, I’ve lost 13lbs so far (8lbs of that was in the first week) then a steady 2lbs per week after that. The only slight side effect is mild nausea in the mornings. Any advice would be great, thanks!

bit sad my weight loss does seem to be slowing, was losing 2lb a week and now 1lb but i suppose this happens the closer you get to your goal weight.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Feeling really deflated today. On my 3rd week of 1.0mg Wegovy, so nearly 3 months in and have only lost 6 kg in total. The scales haven’t moved in 2 weeks. I was due on 🩸 2 weeks ago and have had all the symptoms but no actual period. I’ve definitely cut down how much I am eating and also drinking less, I feel like I have found my off switch with wine which is something I’ve never had. I’ll
Keep going with it, moving up to 1.7mg in two weeks which coincides with my holiday so hoping I don’t get any further side affects.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
For anyone who uses mounjaro, I received an email from MedExpress this morning advising they now have 7.5mg in stock. They also stated that they are working closely with Lily to reduce delays in the availability of the remaining strengths of Mounjaro.

HTH :)

I am freezing!

Hi, hope everybody’s week is off to a good start! I had my 4th dose of my first MJ pen at the weekend so I need to reorder by tomorrow. I can’t decide whether to move up to 5mg or stick with 2.5mg. For context, I’ve lost 13lbs so far (8lbs of that was in the first week) then a steady 2lbs per week after that. The only slight side effect is mild nausea in the mornings. Any advice would be great, thanks!
If you're not experiencing terrible side effects I'd say go up to the next pen! (at least based on my experience with Wegovy). That's also the dosage advice from the pharma company (to go up after 4 weeks at 2.5) https://mounjaro.lilly.com/hcp/getting-patients-started#dosing

Congratulations 🎊
I will stick to 2.5mg for another month atleast, it will save you money. I wish i had done that before moving up to the highest dose (wegovy) as i was loosing 1-2lbs steadily everyweek

• Heart
Hiya does anyone know if it’s possible to get wegovy or mounjaro with a BMI of 28? All the websites I’ve tried say above 30.

Hiya does anyone know if it’s possible to get wegovy or mounjaro with a BMI of 28? All the websites I’ve tried say above 30.
No chance! If you have other reasons related to diabetes you might have a chance of getting a prescription but it doesn’t sound like that applies?
A BMI of 28 is the dream for a lot of people, you will either need to gain weight or do it the old fashioned way I’m afraid. Good luck!

what injection are you on? 💗
I’m on the 5mg pen. So the maintenance dose, I’m sure it’ll settle down in the next few days.
---
the hunger is switched off but you still need to eat xx try boiled eggs, chicken, cheese, be careful about constipation so drink plenty of water. I'm week 3, my appetite has returned so I'm having to work at it now. Keep going
No constipation issues luckily, I was the same sometimes on ozempic just no desire to eat, I’ve managed a bit more today but I drink loads, not an egg person but definitely nibble on chicken x
---
Does anyone know where I can find 7.5mg mounjaro in stock pls? Annoyingly I’m finding the same stock issues as trying to get up to the higher doses Wegovy.
I am finding MJ so much better though, Wegovy made me feel depressed & low whereas I seem to have more energy on MJ. No weigh loss for the month on 2.5 but lost 4lbs this week since moving upto 5. Just really hoping to up the dose next month. Currently using med express.
The Virtual Slimming Clinic has the 7.5mg in stock they sent out the release dates too.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.