Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BongoBingo

Wine definitely tastes different for me on Saxenda…turns out I have to buy the more expensive bottles now to enjoy it 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Well I ended up enjoying the long bank holiday weekend way more than I intended to! I had an impromptu night out on Saturday where I drank way more Prosecco than I should have and a roast dinner at my parents house on Sunday (also with more Prosecco) but luckily when I weighed myself this morning (I was too hungover and feeling guilty to weigh In yesterday) I had only gained 1lb, so I’m taking that as a win!

I’m on week 10 of Ozempic (still on 0.5 dose) I didn’t over eat so to speak, cause I only ate the roast on Sunday and didn’t have anything else and I didn’t over eat on Saturday but I thought the alcohol would definitely have made me gain more pounds. I’m going to be good from now on!

Craving wise, I crave nothing now. I used to be a snacker, I would sit and eat chocolate at night watching the TV, even if I’d just finished my dinner and was full, I’d force the chocolate in! I don’t do that anymore. And I used to love a glass of wine on a Friday when I finished work, I can’t stomach wine at all now, it tastes bitter and gives me heartburn.

Good luck to everyone starting, it has definitely changed my relationship with food!

• Heart

Terrible

VIP Member
It was three weeks on Tuesday, and I’m down 12lb (-6.6lb /-3lb /- 2.4lb). I’m not really expecting much of a loss next week, plus it’s my birthday at the weekend, and I WILL be having cake; and some kind of meal out if I can brave it (I’m still terrified I’ll shit myself if I go mad).
I haven’t vomited at all, honestly that would really make me wonder if it was worth it. You’ve done so brilliantly though 💕

Tabitha

VIP Member
I’ve been on Saxenda for a year. Came off it at the end of 2021 as I reached my goal weight and was going on holiday. Gained it all back and more…. I’ve never been as big as I’ve ever been in Jan. My appetite was huge.
Next time will stay on a low dose and slowly ween off for as long as I can.

• Wow

Somerset girl

VIP Member
Me. My BMI was 27 but I am from a high risk ethnic background (according to the NHS, where a BMI of 27 becomes the threshold rather than 30), prediabetic and have family history of diabetes so I thought Health Express would still prescribe to me but they said no after explaining the reasons above. So I went elsewhere with the knowledge that I would need to be slightly creative with my weight. If your BMI is over 30, you don’t have mental health markers and you’re not pregnant or trying, you shouldn’t have any issues.
---

It does require patience and many people don’t lose on 3mg (it’s just a dose to get your body used to the medication) so 2.6lb is a big loss in a week. And if you’re constipated your actual loss may be more than that. I would have loved 2.6lb in my first week on 3mg.

I do think you still need to be disciplined - although I was fuller than normal on 3mg I still was tempted by sweets and snacks, I just ate less of them. If you stay on the tablets you’ll find the weekends are ok. There’s only so much you can physically eat (not that much!) and that’s what makes it work.
Thank you for your words of wisdom! I think I needed to hear its not going to work miracles in the first week. I easily throw in the towel when I don't loose as much as I want so need to remember it's a marathon and not a sprint.

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Honestly it’s normal, you’re supposed to hold it in for 6 seconds but there’s nearly always a tiny drip on the end after. Don’t worry 😊

• Heart

caremum

VIP Member
Well after a big weekend on the booze I've managed to put on 2lb! I really hope ozempic starts to dull my desire for wine as well as food 🤦🏻‍♀️
I definitely couldnt drink. There have been studies where Ozempic is being used to help alcoholics curb the desire for alchol. After my appointment with my best weight the doctor mentioned better medication coming down the line. Ireland seem so slow with coming on board with the advances in medicine to help obesity. I'm delighted bmi gone from 34 to 24

• Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
@raspberryjuice can I ask if you have has any noticeable effects on you face? I've read about ozempic face, which is basically where you lose weight on your face and get wrinkles and I am a bit worried. Got 50+lbs to lose but currently have no wrinkles and would like to stay that way for a few more years :ROFLMAO:
I had no wrinkles before I started and still don’t have any 😂 I got on the bus as an under 25 at the weekend without even asking (I’m mid 30s) and had a nurse taking blood argue with me that I had my DOB wrong by 10 years a few weeks ago because she didn’t believe I was born in the 80s, so I’m assuming it’s not made me look old and wrinkly 😁 I definitely haven’t noticed that it has anyway. Hope that helps 😂

• Heart
  • Haha

Somerset girl

VIP Member
Would you all recommend rybelsus or ozempic??
I understand ozempic is more effective as its injected. I'm taking Rybelsus because it's slightly cheaper. I've read the supply of the oral ozempic is more reliable as well. Rybelsus is working so far for me - 3 weeks on the starter dose and I'm 7lb down.

• Heart

Glittery1

VIP Member
Day 2 for me… I ate more today than yesterday but no where near what I have been eating.

Looking at my calories, it works out that I’m in a decifit so all good! It’s been a long time since I’ve been in a decifit 🤣

• Heart

justmek

First week done and 2lbs off. Which I’m super pleased with, plus I can tell I’ve lost inches as my work trousers are looser around my stomach!!
But the best thing about having ozempic? The quietness I get from not having my brain constantly thinking about food. It’s so refreshing, and I bloody love it.
Second jab was yesterday afternoon and so far no side effects 🤞🏻
This is my favourite part as well, though I’m on Saxenda rather than Ozempic. Still very new to it (only started this week) but not sitting thinking about food and having to will myself to resist snacks is a revelation! It just doesn’t enter my mind already. I’m a crisp FIEND, opened a small pack of Squares earlier and lost interest after about 3 of them. This is unheard of for me and I think even grabbing the packet from the cupboard was a sign of habit far more than it was due to wanting to eat.
Was skeptical that these pens couldn’t possibly work so well, like a miracle fad that would have no impact. Wow I was wrong and can tell a massive difference already just 4 days in.

However (there’s always something), the nightly reflux is horrendous! Any tips or tricks on how to deal with this would be appreciated, or is it just a case of riding it out with Gaviscon til the meds settle?

• Heart

Johnson1901

VIP Member
Week two is nearly done and the scales haven’t moved but my stomach is flatter and a pair of adidas joggers which we’re getting tight on my thighs, now are fitting me perfectly. Got to love non scale victories.

• Heart
I can’t wait to receive my order. I will admit I had a wobble and was going to cancel. But then I’ve thought just go for it. I believe I’ll end up with diabetes like my mum. I know I’ve got to sort out my eating habits and keep exercising and up the weights to build/keep muscle so this will be no easy fix. I just want to not be hungry and thinking about food. Also got to drink loads water and fruit/ fibre to keep the bowel moving.

• Heart

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
I was worrying my appetite wasn’t feeling satiated but then my period came and it’s that. I legit can’t even order a takeaway at the minute cos I know I won’t eat it all and will enjoy a sandwich and a yogurt just as much it’s crazy

• Heart

Sunchyme

Sorry you are feeling like this, have a word with your GP and see what they come back with, they will give you the best advice. If they don't know you are on Saxenda they should not judge you, I am sure they are seeing lots of people who are taking it and not getting it through them, they should be glad people are trying to help themselves get in better health. No weight loss method is worth feeling like that though so I don't blame you thinking about stopping it. For what it's worth I have tried various diets, and for me personally it is the not eating enough and the running on empty that really screw's me up mentally, maybe you are not eating enough, sorry if that sounds daft but I know it can really effect my moods when I am really restricting my calories, take care and I hope you sort it out.
No that doesn’t sound daft at all, thank you for replying!
I messaged Asda Online Doctor and they said that it is not known to affect mood so I should keep on taking it… I’m not convinced so I’m going to take everyone’s advice here and put on my big girl’s pants and speak to my GP.

Thank you everyone for being so kind here ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5

EnoughAlready

VIP Member
Pcos gal here too ladies! I’ve tried everything and it’s so disheartening to lose so slowly if anything at all previously, and the constant hunger with pcos was a nightmare. So bought Saxenda from Boots 3 weeks ago, only noticeable side effects is a bit of morning nausea and dear god the constipation! I’ve resorted to Dulcolax stool softeners this week apologies if anyones eating their breakfast right now 😂 I’ve upped to 1.8mg this week, and pleased to say I’ve had a 12lbs loss so far after these three weeks. Interested to see the cost of Wegovy as a comparison when it comes out but scared if somethings working for me to switch as I finally feel like I’m getting somewhere!

• Heart

triggeredbyelephants

Can anyone recommend any tablet form of weightloss?
I go to the gym nearly everyday and eat under 1500 calories.
Had a gastric sleeve. A gastric band. NOTHING helps me lose weight 😓😓😓😓
Oh bless you, did you lose much with your gastric sleeve? Are you 100% sure you’re in a calorie deficit? A side from a health issue that hinders weight loss (which only stops a really small percentage of people), it’s often a miscalculation of calories that stops most losing weight. Having said that, have you seen your GP re health issues like under-active thyroid? Something like that could be causing a slow or lack of loss! There is a tablet form of Ozempic called Rybelsus ☺

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
I’m glad I saw this thread recommended by the trolls over on KHM 😉 So much great advice and info on here, thank you!
My Ozempic arrives tomorrow and I’m really looking forward to starting on it. In the last year I’ve put on 2 stone ‘thanks’ to PCOS/endo/bowel and bladder issues from adhesions, painkillers, anti-depressants, and then going in to surgical menopausal and now on HRT. It’s been a rough old ride, but I’m ready to start shifting it, and I’m hoping this will be what I need to help me along…
I’m glad that Katie Jane has done some good in the world, albeit unwittingly (as usual 🤣)

• Haha

Terrible

VIP Member
I was just about to apologise for giving you shit advice and making you il, but read on, and see you like it. You weirdo. (Joking, I know what you mean).
I changed mine from evening to morning, and think it’s improved things a bit. I’ve been expecting to NEVER feel hungry, which is ludicrous really, but I’m really not fussed about snacking. Had a bowl of soup for lunch today, and didn’t want the bread to go with it, which everyone knows is the best bit, right?
Still fat though.

• Haha
I lost 32 lbs on Saxenda then stalled for 6 months. I decided to take a two week break as I’d read online restarting could break a stall. I shouldn’t have done that because I gained something like 10lbs really fast and continued to gain once I restarted. I got to the point I was only 11 lbs down from the start. Now I’m back to 31 lbs down so pretty much exactly where I was this time last year. I’m not going to take a break again! Also I’m not going to be silly enough to believe shit online not written by a qualified doctor 🤣

• Heart