Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
In my experience Saxenda worked faster. I prefer Ozempic. Saying that Friday is my injection day and I injected first thing. I slept from teatime until midnight then from 3am until 9am. I could happily have a nap now. No wonder I’m losing weight, I’m not awake to eat 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5

caremum

VIP Member
Oh I completely get that. It’s so liberating to not be thinking about food. Im honestly amazed by it.
but sometimes only sometimes I miss the pleasure eating some gorg food on a meal out brings. Ozempic seems to have dulled the dopamine affect that this brought me too. I mean I know the food is lovely rather then feel it (and probably that was why I was fat).

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Does anyone know how to get ozempic prescribed if you're not obese? I tried health express and they wouldn't let me have it. I know you can just lie about your weight but health express also asked for a picture.

Which sites are best for getting it without having to give too much info?
If they have refused you is it because you’re not overweight?
---
Day 1 on Saxenda today - didn’t expect to feel the effects right away but bloody hell. Barely hungry all day, I could have happily not eaten until dinner. Then dinner came and I wasn’t able to finish it. I have NEVER felt like this, for as long as I remember I have always had an endless appetite.
Really looking forward to seeing how this continues going forward - hoping today isn’t all in my head!
I felt like this pretty quickly. I’m 5 stone down since June (or maybe July, it’s all blurred in to one now). Good luck 😁

• Heart

Johnson1901

VIP Member
So, I had my first dose of Ozempic on weds (0.25mg). I honestly thought that would be too little to make any difference. Man I was wrong! I couldn’t eat at all on Wednesday evening or Thursday all day. Today I’ve managed half a slice of toast for breakfast and half a sandwich for lunch. This is sooo unlike me, I normally have 2 slices of toast and 2 boiled eggs for breakfast with coffee and a smoothie then I’m hungry an hour later 😂 looking forward to weigh day next week!
Madness isn’t it!!! I can’t get over how much I DONT want to eat!!
Long may it continue 😂😂😂

• Heart

VicksterIcon

Chatty Member
For those suffering with PCOS (I do too) I lost 1.5 stone in the 6 months I took Saxenda and was so pleased as I really struggled losing weight. I stopped injecting as at £250 a month it was expensive (I got mine through my local survey’s pharmacy where the pharmacist checked me each month).

When I started I was 90kgs. I got down to 80.5kgs and since stopping in August I’ve maintained at 83.5kgs - so yes put some back on but no where near what I was when I started in February 2022.

I’m interested to see how much Wegovy will be from Boots as may well give that a go if the price is right.

Just took my first dose of Ozempic! Hopefully the once - weekly injections will keep my on the right track!!! I have six and a half months to fit into my wedding dress 😬

• Heart

Sodivine

Rybelsus Day 2!
yesterday I took the tablet and had good appetite suppression, no other side effects which was amazing. So I’m not worried now and can just get on with hopefully losing weight. However one big point of realisation was that hunger is only half the challenge for me. I overeat even when I’m not hungry and that’s an emotional/psychological issue that I need to deal with. I ate far too much yesterday, I binged on all sorts (ice lollies and crisps) even though I definitely wasn’t hungry. At some point I forced myself up to do housework and for a walk because otherwise I was going to sit and keep eating. I was painfully full when I got up and that was enough to tell me.

Partly that’s because yesterday was also day 1 of TOTM and I think I craved those things because of that. I’m wondering if I’m also scared to lose the desire for the things I’ve been comforted by my whole life. I did go shopping yesterday and wasn’t at all tempted by any of the things I would usually add to my basket. I think it’s just habit and addiction and patterns that I need to deal with now.

I have been constipated for a while and I’ve been taking dulcolax to deal. My Dr wasn’t concerned, so I just need to eat fibre, drink water and hope it will normalise in time. So if that’s the worst of my side effects on this, that’s a win for me

• Heart

Amydior1947

Hi all. I started my Ozempic journey yesterday. Not sure if I feel any effects or it’s all in my head. I did have Saxenda previously but couldn’t maintain due to the cost. I’m hoping Ozempic is as effective. Would love to know how your first few days are. So far no nausea or headache. I am full of cold though, so maybe that’s overriding any side effects xx

Johnson1901

VIP Member
I started on Wednesday and it kicked it not long after I injected. Had a bad headache for two days but that’s about it. I can live with that compared to some of the side effects I’ve seen people say they’ve had.
in regards to appetite, I didn’t finish my breakfast bar today and when out for a meal, I only ate half of it also. It’s so nice not to have my days revolve around food. The quiet in my head is amazing.

• Heart

SirRoderickGossip

How is everyone doing? I only had my first jab yesterday and I’m genuinely surprised that I can 100% see a difference in my appetite already.

I’ve been absolutely shattered today- like pregnancy tired (if you know you know!), and I’m slightly nauseous (nothing intolerable).

I’m having a banana and some water for dinner and am kind of forcing it down to be honest as I know I need to eat. Who even am I??!

I’d read a lot online about it taking up to 4-6 weeks to see any effect on weight loss but if this continues I’m gonna lose the stone I need to in the first month. I‘m not sure if that’s good or bad to be honest.
Also took my first dose of Oz yesterday and am amazed at how different I feel already. I thought it would take ages for 0.25 to kick in.

So far I feel like I have a slight hangover but nothing more drastic than that. :)

• Heart

Terrible

VIP Member
For people who get it delivered - what are you doing with all the wool? I keep throwing it away but it seems such a waste!
I love the wool packs! They're just in a cupboard at the moment, but I have every intention of doing something with them. Maybe sew them into an king size duvet when I'm at goal weight.

velvetn0mates

VIP Member
Hi all!
can I have some advice, I would like to lose approx 1 stone, I generally eat well and exercise, but I can not shift the 1 stone i put on in lockdown, i also think i am peri-menopause which is not helping. Which weight loss drug would be best for me, I just want a low dose where my appetite is suppressed for just a few months to get me started. Thank you :)
If your BMI is healthy and you eat well/exercise and have no issues with bingeing and food I don’t think I’d recommend going down this route. My mum has been very thin her whole life and her body changed a lot pre during and post menopause. If it’s something you really want to do that’s fine though, just don’t want you to go through so many symptoms/potential risks just for the sake of a stone x

TheBlondeBuffoon

Finally taken the plunge and ordered through MyJuniper. Just waiting for them to approve my order. I hope they say yes. I am so down about my weight but I can’t stop eating!

Johnson1901

VIP Member
End of week two. 4lbs lost and lots of inches. I can tell by how my clothes fit. Side effects so far is tiredness but I can live with that.
Long may it continue

• Heart
Curious too. Do you have to wean off Saxenda or can you switch straight away? What does do you go on when switching? I’ve got 10 x Saxenda pens left. I’m looking to switch after…maybe 😅
The doctor told me to wait two days after stopping with Saxenda to start with Ozempic, so I'll let you knoiw how that goes!

I really want to start this journey but am torn about which one to try. I don’t want to wait for Wegovy so please can you let me know which one you’d go with? I don’t mind injecting every day so that isn’t a factor, I just want the best results.
---

What made you switch if you don’t mind me asking?
I'm literally only switching because I keep not giving myself the injections. I'm really not a fan of needles so once a week is way better for me!
Saxenda has worked really well for me - but because it's a daily injection I keep taking 'breaks' and derailing my weight loss.

• Heart

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
I started Ozempic on Thurs after doing Sax for a while. I was a bit nervous about jumping straight in at 1mg but it’s been fine. I have definitely been less hungry, just need to break the habit of eating between meals/large meals as I’m still eating a bit too much

• Heart

extra_extra

Sadly I do not have a medical excuse and the only reason for my constant failure at weight loss is due to my inability to control my appetite. I’ve tried everything over the years, every fad diet, slimming tea, weight watchers, slimming world, purging etc etc. I finally feel like I’ve found something that works for me and I hope you can understand why it’s hurtful to hear someone say I shouldn’t be using it.
I'm with you

• Heart

HarJR289

Chatty Member
It took me about 6/7 months to lose 5 stone with Saxenda. It is expensive but the money I saved on food balanced it out
I am bad for spending - buying unnecessary clothes and make up so if I give myself a spending ban until I lose the weight I know I’ll be ok. I just can’t stop spending 🤣

• Haha