Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LittleMy

VIP Member
Yet showed no such emotion at viewing the CCTV of their precious Savanna beating the shit out of the same baby. What an act.

Today’s questioning really felt like it would never end, a lot of going round in circles for me.

Reactions: 24
I said she was rough with a big mouth - that’s my personal opinion from the way she shouts, swears, talks fo her daughter, threatened to kill other people etc. 15-18 is a big change.. she got a taste for going out and put that above her child.

FS has apparently lied throughout the entire trial. She’s vile and I wouldn’t be surprised if she was the one who beat Star to death.

Quit calling her a victim. SB is a cunt too but we’ve heard FS bait her over and over and she didn’t bite in the texts.
Are you actually witnessing the same thing we all are? every single bit of evidence points to SB being the murderer not FS. She was in a abusive relationship where she was goaded, threatened, beaten and made to feel worthless but she’s not a victim? No one is defending what she done to Star but she’s clearly not a murderer and she seems to have told 99% of the truth so far. wow the mentally you have is not normal towards actual DV victims, go and rim SB some more because that’s what it seems like here be surprised if your not one of her family members 🥴

• Heart

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
You’re not allowed an opinion on here.. not everyone has time to catch up on every single post.

You’ve got to be insane if you think either of them have paid the price of losing Star. They both need to rot being bars for the next 20 years.
How's Bradfords answer to Honey G bearing up MaryKate?

• Haha

avabella

VIP Member
Why is FS STILL getting tons of sympathy on this thread? SB probably did give her a hiding but she was constantly attention seeking and lying and is lying her way through this trial. Was she fuck being brave.. She’s rough with a big mouth. She was vile to her own daughter and is passing the blame.
Why are your replies STILL antagonistic, presented as factual and not particularly contributory? You may read empathy, understanding, reasoning as sympathy - but it's not the same thing. Perhaps that's why you're getting so frustrated with yourself.

My heart just ached for FS when she was asked if she knew what a pronoun is, the barrister may as well ask her about quantum physics too, I think asking her a grammar related question was unfair. She doesn’t need humiliating because of her shortcoming, by goodness she has enough shortcoming, her murdered daughter.
It sounded like a very patronising and goading question. She's taken tips from SB by the sound of it :(

• Heart
  • Angry

Yorkshire-Granny

Apart from a load of rambling twists from KG what I picked up from today was that pre SB, FS had loads of help with Star, possibly a bit misguided in that Anita said just leave her with us to sort yourself out, which kind'a gave FS a free pass to behave like an immature teenager and free reign to get to know SB better.

No one really helping FS to bond and how to care for for Star, just taking Star off her hands and if you have the time why not, she was obviously a delightful child to have around. Then, enter SB, they 'co-parent' Star but to SB's agenda, FS cut off from those who care about them both and doesn't have a clue how to care for Star, she parents as instructed by SB.

Left to her own devices they have moments of loving play but when it comes to misbehaving (like toddlers do) FS hasn't got the skills, eg: distracting with a toy when she's pulling clothes out of a box, instead she punishes as instructed by SB because by this stage SB is the only person in her life as Grandparents have been cut out.

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Frankie, when she gets out of jail should do something similar to what Kayleigh Haywoods parents do. Go around schools telling the story to educate young people about these predators (different scenarios but still). Not saying she's entirely innocent in the entire situation but maybe in her daughters memory telling Stars and her story could potentially save a life. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong I don't know.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I'm so torn about this. She did let Star get in harm's way but I believe it was down to her misjudgement rather than her intention (in addition to being in a coercive relationship).

This is where I think we should have a 'smarter approach to sentencing' because I would prefer to see a judgement based on redemption and education for FS. Let her better her life, build her self esteem but also reflect on her past actions.

FS still has the rest of her life to live and I'd prefer to see her coming out of prison, with support and a different outlook on life.
I agree and the difference between them is FS is not a threat to members of the public. With the right support she has the potential to become a better person. So although I don’t think any one condones some of her actions I don’t believe she will be a repeat offender. She is also a victim and I hope she can build a new life.

From the evidence presented it is very obvious that SB is a predatory, controlling, narcissistic abuser. She will never change and I don’t believe she can be rehabilitated so I hope she gets put away for a very long time not just for justice for star but also for public protection. She already has an inflated ego, thinks she’s above the law and can do what ever she wants to whoever she wants.

If she gets away with this it will make her even worse. And even more of a danger to others.

elikayute

Chatty Member
Thank you for saying that about me - that’s made my day! I used to want to be a barrister - I have good attention to detail and great at arguing (aka hypervigilance and having to fight my corner with an abusive mother!) but I’m glad I didn’t go down that route now. I couldn’t cope with this day after day!

I’m so hopeful that justice will be served, whatever that looks like by the time we get to closing arguments. Fingers crossed for a Tattle style jury rather than a Facebook one!

• Heart

Rembrandt68

We really don’t know that Star’s death will be the ‘real sentence’ for FS - it would traumatise most normal, caring and empathetic mothers, but who knows how much FS cares? I’m not saying she didn’t care at all, and obviously there were various factors that probably impacted how she bonded with Star, but by most accounts she didn’t sound all that arsed about her.
I read that her cell walls are covered with photos of Star. She’s said herself that she loved her and she was all she had. During Star’s life, she often put her own needs before Star’s but I would imagine that having had her daughter die and having spent a year in prison with all that time to reflect, that she cares deeply and feels utter anguish for her child.

ahnowted

The night in the van - It's not unusual for a victim to still want the attention of their abuser.

And I don't expect someone like Frankie to be able to work out why that is, never mind articulate it.

AlanBanan

VIP Member
Why even comment on the post if you don’t know what it’s about. 🤦🏼‍♀️
Because this thread is about Star Hobson not Arthur, they were simply asking who that was, that is all. Don’t be so rude, especially in a thread discussing the abuse and death of a child.

• Heart

avabella

VIP Member
KG is just boring me now, as awful as that sounds. She's throwing shade left right and centre and nothings sticking. FS was probably subjected to so much 'low level' abuse that she didn't even think to include that in the list of violent acts towards her.

RedRosed

VIP Member
I’ve been thinking about the FS thing and it’s made me reflect on my childhood.

My mum was 17 when she had me and we have a difficult relationship now. She was like FS going out and getting drunk every weekend. Or she’d have parties while I was upstairs. That was horrible. There’s many terrible memories I can think of what still hurt. She put me in harms way and she’s just LUCKY nothing happened to me but I seen a lot. All the men, her getting beat up or her attacking the partner at the time. She had little patience, smacked my bum, shouted at me, ignored my needs (more emotional) and my uncle took me to school every morning. This behaviour went on until I was around 11/12.

Although she was, well I’m not sure I have the words.. but she’d always tell me she loved me, it didn’t feel like it but she told me almost everyday. I feel FS may have been the same here, your kid is almost inconvenient as you want to live your life like your mates. Almost like wanting to put holidays in at work but to have some time off being a parent every weekend. It’s different for FS here because she was under SB’s spell quite clearly. I think it’s possible as somebody else mentioned, that SB encouraged her to go out so she had free reign access of Star.

I think what I’m saying is, I was dragged up. If FS didn’t meet SB, in my opinion Star would still be here 100%. She may have had a poor upbringing but she’d still be alive.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart

Hereforagoodtime85

Chatty Member
You’re not allowed an opinion on here.. not everyone has time to catch up on every single post.

You’ve got to be insane if you think either of them have paid the price of losing Star. They both need to rot being bars for the next 20 years.
Are you going to be doing this all day again? And by this I mean posting the same thing, multiple times, in an aggressive tone.

Some of my opinions aren’t shared by everyone here, but I don’t feel the need to constantly go on about it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22

Delia Smith

VIP Member
I want to believe that FS didn't know Star had a badly injured leg. FS did tell SB that Star was crying when her leg was touched, saying she was going to take her to the Dr, but SB said Star was 'petting' and telling FS not to pick her up. Maybe FS really was that gullible and went along with everything SB said about child care.

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
TBF if someone asked me what a pronoun is I'd struggle to come up with a coherent answer... I mean, I do know, but on the spot like that, with everyone looking at me, not understanding the relevance of the question, I'd probably just stutter.

RedRosed

VIP Member
Why is FS STILL getting tons of sympathy on this thread? SB probably did give her a hiding but she was constantly attention seeking and lying and is lying her way through this trial. Was she fuck being brave.. She’s rough with a big mouth. She was vile to her own daughter and is passing the blame.
Actually I’m struggling with your absolute determination to just blame it all on FS. Why? I think you’ve made one comment about SB. Why is your anger not at the cunt who actually did this? We are on day 24 with loads of transcripts now.

I think I’d be able to deal with your replies if you included them both but you don’t. Then you start getting on your high horse when asked if you are related to the family. It looks very dodgy. Sorry, I think I mean you may just be mistaken.

• Haha

Motherofpugs

Chatty Member
I agree. I have just made myself watch this. Somehow it feels important to bear witness - I have always steered well clear of news about abused children, but I am a teacher, and while I have been worried about my own safety in school during Covid, another lockdown is unthinkable. I never want it to happen again. I teach secondary but it is also giving me more awareness about the kind of backgrounds sole children are brought up in.
I was worried sick about this back in March when the 3 week lockdown was announced. I knew it would be 3 weeks of hell for victims of domestic violence and child abuse. I never imagined then that it would go on for so long :cry: This is why it grinds my gears so much when someone says they enjoyed lockdown and wouldn’t mind another one. Lockdown was catastrophic for some of the most vulnerable in our society. Even now key services like health visiting and social services are not operating fully, so much will still be going on easily hidden.

• Heart
  • Sad