Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #16

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope it hits Savanna hard tomorrow about what she's done and how her life is now going to play out. If she is close to her family which it seems so, tomorrow will be a very different day for her, and different to last year when she wasn't segregated. I feel for David and Anita as it'll be a difficult and emotional day particularly now they have nothing to fight for which I guess the trial will have kept them going. I hope they do feel some peace now.

Merry Xmas all.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Merry Christmas xx

I've never really been active in a thread before until this one, and for the most part it has been a good space to talk about this heartbreaking case

Xx

Reactions: 9
At the risk of sounding like a FB nutcase, I've been imagining a parallel universe where Star stayed with D&A and is there all excited for a big family Christmas.
My niece is 3 months younger than her and I just cannot fathom how hard this time of year must be for that poor family.
Merry Christmas to you all x

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
What were they saying this time? I often think over what they really must think to what Savanna has done. They are obviously very very loyal and I can picture the Dad [Dan] saying to his brood, 'it doesn't matter what we do, we must stick together - always'. Perhaps a lot of their behaviour during and since the trial is a front. Perhaps they do question, argue and cry about what has gone on with each other but won't show how they really feel to the rest of the world. They must discuss the pain and suffering Savanna caused to Star and to them as a family surely?! However, despite this they won't give up on her. To look at the Nan for example on FB, she looks 'normal', nice even and I think surely to god as a Mother, as a Nan, she questions what the hell Savanna did and how evil she was. Or perhaps they don't, perhaps not all of the family want to know the 'in's and out's' of what she did and bury their heads in the sand as if it didn't happen. I know we won't ever know but I often play it out in my mind.
They definitely do. It’s all front. Extremely loyal but they definitely feel the pain.

Merry Christmas everyone ❤

Such a bittersweet time for many, but especially Star’s loving family members who will be missing her. Poor little soul should be at home, cosy and excited and most of all safe, waking up to see that Santa’s been. I’ll be holding my children a bit tighter before they go to bed tonight.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I also find myself wishing that there was some way to turn back the clock and stop Star's death from happening.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
The feelings of 'if only' are so hard. I cried in church this afternoon when we sang Away in a Manger.

It is unfathomable.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I thought it was said that SB would shout abuse in the cells while on breaks
It probably didn't happen as she'd have been done for contempt of court of she was using abusive language and/or threats in a court, especially crown court trial.
as for holding cells they are normally under the court so the public wouldn't hear anything from the cells, unless she was shouting walking up in the stairs into the box.

Reactions: 1
It probably didn't happen as she'd have been done for contempt of court of she was using abusive language and/or threats in a court, especially crown court trial.
as for holding cells they are normally under the court so the public wouldn't hear anything from the cells, unless she was shouting walking up in the stairs into the box.
I was going to say this too , I don't think its true. It wouldn't look good on savanna to be shouting abuse at frankie in court as that would show she has a temper and can get angry.

Maybe frankie told David over the phone that savanna was abusive to her in the cells etc

Reactions: 3
@pinkjune And if she was she'd have been removed from the court.
They would have kept them in different cells too, probably far apart as they are co-d's. I reckon she may have shouting stuff through the door, but only cell/court security would have heard,. Any negative behaviour is noted & it would follow her back to the prison in her file.
She'll probably be on a vpu/seg inside. I reckon now she's been sentenced she'll be shipped out to a different prison to start her life sentence, but she still won't be safe to be on normal wing. I never thought I could hate someone I've never met, but SB, I do........I hope she's tormented constantly for the rest of her days.

The law of the land applies equally to all citizens apart from a few exceptions such as insanity. So it would be dangerous to start an arbitrary differentiation between people convicted of crimes. Who would make such a decision, the judge? That would give judges too much power. It would be challenged to high heaven. It would also be very subjective to pick who should serve prison sentences and who should not based on needs, intelligence, abuse, vulnerability etc. All these variables will have different degrees of severity so where would you draw the line between those who go to prison and those who don’t? It would be impossible to implement.

Besides, what message would it send to those who commit crimes, if I can show in court I suffered from DV or am vulnerable etc then I can commit crimes and not go to jail. The ramifications for society of such an approach would be disastrous.
I've been to prison , and I deserved to go. I was a drug addict.
Many of us can (are are) rehabilitated.
but anything involving children, elderly, s*x crimes etc I think will be harder, if at all.
FS allowed her child to be abused, if not more. 8 years is poxy, she will probably only do about 5? She'll have to do courses inside, and see m.h team etc. Her whole thought process needs changing,the fact she did what she did imo means she should never be allowed around children again.
She'll have a tough time in every prison she goes to during her sentence, and she deserves everything coming her way.
she is bottom of the pile in prison, she can't just walk around on the wing, as she's a target, she'll more than likely always have a screw with her wherever she goes and will be either segregated or on a complex needs unit.
vile woman. As for SB, life should have meant life. She should never be able to leave prison alive.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
What do you mean with screw? BTW in comparison to other European countries the British punishments are high.

Was there ever an explanation given why we never heard a psychological evaluation of Brockhill? Is it possible that she refused to let them psychoanalyse her?

What do you mean with screw? BTW in comparison to other European countries the British punishments are high.

Was there ever an explanation given why we never heard a psychological evaluation of Brockhill? Is it possible that she refused to let them psychoanalyse her?
Screw means prison officer. (Sorry I should explained when I wrote that, I forget that lots of people don't know 'the lingo' lol)

she may have refused it, although she would have been offered it, whether by her defence team, or seen by the prison mental health team or psychologist.
x.

They prob have tree & decorations and gifts . That SB is pure evil . She’s not normal and I don’t think she l b rehabilitated . Can’t see her ever getting out of jail

Reactions: 6
It's a religious bank holiday maybe it's not PC any more to celebrate it officially? I am sure in former times there was some kind of ceremony, probably held by a priest, threatening everybody that they will rot in hell if they don't change their life.

I’ve always wondered if they get given gifts, I did read the other day they get Christmas dinner.