Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure why so many people are suddenly arriving to say they’re surprised or disgusted with FS getting sympathy from some people here since the verdict. We’ve all been following the transcripts, the verdicts don’t change the evidence we’ve all read.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
SB I agree deserves whatever comes to her. FS I honestly don’t wish her any harm, she was cruel to her own baby which she has admitted she has shown remorse. I do think she should serve some time in prison. I wouldn’t even put FS in the category of SB, ET and TH in Arthur's case.
I will admit I have only read a small amount about FS, but from what I have, it appears there are some complex issues at hand that make FS a victim of SB in her own right, coupled with the low IQ, the domestic violence and lack of family support (bar the great grandparents) it makes for factors that need to be taken into account, I suppose mitigation even. The only thing I cannot get my head around is how FS didn't seem to be alarmed by the injuries, or extent of, on her own child. It wasn't just a little graze on a knee from a child falling over, it was serious and sustained unexplainable bruising and worse. How can she drag a child around a city centre crying and clearly in distress with major injuries/pain and seriously think the poor kid is being 'naughty'? These are the points I cant get over. Surely a mothers instinct kicks in, I mean I dont even have kids yet but feel so so strongly for any kid or animal that is being mistreated and I couldn't allow it to happen under any circumstances. However I do accept that the factors I stated above probably contribute to this in addition to the extent of the coercion and control exerted by SB over FS. I do think FS is way more vulnerable and probably has a greater mental/emotional battle ahead of her regardless of any sentence she gets handed today.

It's an extremely sad case all round and I cannot understand how anyone can hurt a child.

Reactions: 10
I will admit I have only read a small amount about FS, but from what I have, it appears there are some complex issues at hand that make FS a victim of SB in her own right, coupled with the low IQ, the domestic violence and lack of family support (bar the great grandparents) it makes for factors that need to be taken into account, I suppose mitigation even. The only thing I cannot get my head around is how FS didn't seem to be alarmed by the injuries, or extent of, on her own child. It wasn't just a little graze on a knee from a child falling over, it was serious and sustained unexplainable bruising and worse. How can she drag a child around a city centre crying and clearly in distress with major injuries/pain and seriously think the poor kid is being 'naughty'? These are the points I cant get over. Surely a mothers instinct kicks in, I mean I dont even have kids yet but feel so so strongly for any kid or animal that is being mistreated and I couldn't allow it to happen under any circumstances. However I do accept that the factors I stated above probably contribute to this in addition to the extent of the coercion and control exerted by SB over FS. I do think FS is way more vulnerable and probably has a greater mental/emotional battle ahead of her regardless of any sentence she gets handed today.

It's an extremely sad case all round and I cannot understand how anyone can hurt a child.
That’s the thing, she didn’t have mother’s instinct because she weren’t maternal. She loved Star but the same way she’d love a sister match that with the fact that SB was convincing her every bruise had a reasonable explanation knowing Frankie would believe her as she’d already manipulated her and got into her head by then. I can’t even imagine what was going through her own head which is not a very clever one when she’s receiving all this abuse and being controlled and being spun lies that she weren’t clever enough to realise were actually lies. She’s a victim herself and she needs a lot of help to get her through that

Reactions: 7
I really get concerned there will be some SB level twisted minds out there reading outrage and disgust and want to one up her. Whilst I find comfort in the debrief of these forums I do fear for the next horrific case.
I do feel that there should be some repercussions for complicity.

Reactions: 2

I mean I was shocked that FS wasn’t alarmed but then I remember SB fed her lies saying they were caused by this and that. When I saw the pictures of Star in the news I’ll admit I did say to myself how could she not have realised but then again SB feeding her lies. I should imagine though FS was probably scared to question her. when she asked in the September about the bruising swelling to Stars fingers and toes, she said something along the lines of “what’s happened to her fingers not blaming you by the way.” It’s sad all around Star is gone and FS has to live with this for the rest of her life.

Reactions: 4
Not that hard actually. I rang 111 at midnight during the main bit of lockdown. I suspected my DD had shingles. We had an appointment made at hospital for 7am in the morning and then we had another appointment with a consultant at nearby hospital at tea time because the shingles were in her eye.

Since lockdown, my children and I have had plenty of face to face appointments for things that could not be helped over the phone, eg shingles, infected wounds etc. It depends where you live, and how insistent you are, I suppose.

I wish people would now stop making excuses for Frankie. you no longer need to give her the benefit of the doubt anymore. She has been banged to rights. Low IQ or not, she allowed her poor baby to suffer in the most horrific way. Anyone who has seen that bruise and still believes she thought it was an accident is deluding themselves, she knew, even a five year old would know. A hand shaped facial bruise and a finger tip bruise all on one side of her face? Just stop. Please. A jury of 11 people have seen far more than us and have given their verdict. I cannot understand why people are still questioning it. Your initial thoughts were wrong, that is all there is to it.

Lockdown or not, FS would still not have taken her baby to see a GP. The lockdown is just a very convenient excuse.

I cannot believe that people are still trying to justify and excuse FS’s careless, cruel behaviour even though they have seen the bruises her child had and she did duck all about. I’ve been even tempered and have bit my tongue all through this thread. To still see people excusing FS’s behaviour after everything today…I give up. Hiding behind covid is the most pathetic excuse there is.

She didn’t try at all. she did nothing. Nothing at all.
See this is my view, I cannot reasonably believe that anyone thought the level of bruising that little girl had was the result of any sort of normal for her age , especially the ones on her little face, thats some force and so widespread. I find It very hard to accept that she wasn't at all suspicious.

To allow anyone to treat your child like that makes you just as bad in my eyes. I don’t care what her IQ was. And I’ve read court updates , the way she spoke about and treated that baby was awful. Making videos of her falling asleep etc it’s just cruel.

Not sure why so many people are suddenly arriving to say they’re surprised or disgusted with FS getting sympathy from some people here since the verdict. We’ve all been following the transcripts, the verdicts don’t change the evidence we’ve all read.
Because it is disgusting no matter what allowing someone to abuse your child.

Reactions: 12
I can still believe that Frankie didn’t know. She’s isn’t smart and no doubt Savanna with her creepy confidence told her “Those bruises happened while she was with you”. Frankie let Star down, no question, and I can see how Savanna has manipulated Frankie into believing the bruises weren’t caused by her. But the jury have decided she knew or had enough capacity to know. It will be another emotional day no doubt, hearing sentencing arguments from AM/KG/ZA and then sentencing remarks from the judge.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I know we’ve been through it already, and that Bradford social services are famous for being atrocious, but I still can’t believe this. As if a case that’s been reported five times should be closed when you can’t even get hold of the ‘responsible’ adult. I also think it speaks volumes that FS’s younger siblings (primary school age) managed to figure out Star was being abused and tell David and Anita, yet FS was still willing to let SB have Star alone even after becoming suspicious.

• Sad
I’m not sure that list is right. I think Frankie and Star were seen on 4th September. That was when Star walked into a sofa, and presumably had the bruising seen in Hollie’s video, but the social worker just accepted Savanna’s story about that.

Reactions: 5
Why do people jump on and say ‘I can’t believe people are sticking up for FS’ following a big paragraph about how their opinion is the only right one.
Everyone will have different opinions. A lot of people on this thread work with DV victims every day and can understand their decisions in depth. With that said, it doesn’t mean they aren’t absolutely heartbroken that Star lost her life.

Reactions: 14

Can we stop attacking each other over our opinions on the thread? Jfc. We’re all adults here (some of us at least). You’re on an open forum, you’re going to see comments you don’t like or agree with - that goes for everyone here. We’ve managed to discuss the trial without things spilling over too much, we’ve come this far. If you can’t agree on something, you can agree to disagree and scroll by, or make use of the ignore feature Tattle offers.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I wonder why they didn't ask him how he feels about Frankie and if they have kept in touch and supporting her?
He has been very quiet about FS hasn't he. just a guess but maybe they are supporting her but keeping it quiet for fear of the 'angry mob' I feel, if they weren't they would be vocal about it

Reactions: 6
That’s the thing, she didn’t have mother’s instinct because she weren’t maternal. She loved Star but the same way she’d love a sister match that with the fact that SB was convincing her every bruise had a reasonable explanation knowing Frankie would believe her as she’d already manipulated her and got into her head by then. I can’t even imagine what was going through her own head which is not a very clever one when she’s receiving all this abuse and being controlled and being spun lies that she weren’t clever enough to realise were actually lies. She’s a victim herself and she needs a lot of help to get her through that
So from what you've said? You have to have a maternal instinct to know it's wrong to hurt a child?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.