Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
During the pandemic, they would still see people in A&E especially children. Calling a doctor would have also been an option because they would have assessed if it’s an emergency over the phone. A baby screaming when her leg is touched and limping on it would have made a doctor suspect a fracture which is an emergency.
I know this is different and I can’t speak for all areas. However, I turned up at A&E on Sunday with a broken wrist and a black Eye I looked like
I had been beaten ( I wasn’t ). But do you know what they did? turned me away and said they don’t deal with fractures at a&e at the moment because of covid. They didn’t care that my arm was out of shape and I had bruise on my face and that I was in absolute agony. They didn’t ask how I was. I was given an address to a minor injury unit over ten miles away and basically pushed out the door! I am adult and I know maybe they would have seen a child. But how appalling! What if i had been attacked and it had taken all my courage to attend. Even if they couldn’t help me physically, they should have asked questions and checked if I was okay. The should have attempted to safe guard me, they didn’t know my situation and didn’t even care!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
So from what you've said? You have to have a maternal instinct to know it's wrong to hurt a child?
Can you please direct me to where I said that in the comment? I said she weren’t maternal which everyone knows she wasn’t, maybe if she weren’t being physically and mentally abused by SB she’d of picked up on stuff but I don’t think anyone knows what was going through her mind

Reactions: 7
I wonder why they didn't ask him how he feels about Frankie and if they have kept in touch and supporting her?
Maybe he doesn’t know how he feels and a condition of him speaking to reporters is that they don’t ask

Reactions: 11
Slightly off topic, but I’m so sorry that several of you on here have had problems getting medical help when you’ve genuinely needed it because of Covid! I hope you’re all as okay as you possibly can be. I’ve been extremely fortunate that in my area they’ve done everything they can over the phone, but have seen people in person if necessary (even for trivial things).

Reactions: 10
Slightly off topic, but I’m so sorry that several of you on here have had problems getting medical help when you’ve genuinely needed it because of Covid! I hope you’re all as okay as you possibly can be. I’ve been extremely fortunate that in my area they’ve done everything they can over the phone, but have seen people in person if necessary (even for trivial things).
My doctors have been brilliant. I can’t complain about them. I have been seen face to face if needed over the past couple years. That hospital was appalling though!

Reactions: 5
I will admit I have only read a small amount about FS, but from what I have, it appears there are some complex issues at hand that make FS a victim of SB in her own right, coupled with the low IQ, the domestic violence and lack of family support (bar the great grandparents) it makes for factors that need to be taken into account, I suppose mitigation even. The only thing I cannot get my head around is how FS didn't seem to be alarmed by the injuries, or extent of, on her own child. It wasn't just a little graze on a knee from a child falling over, it was serious and sustained unexplainable bruising and worse. How can she drag a child around a city centre crying and clearly in distress with major injuries/pain and seriously think the poor kid is being 'naughty'? These are the points I cant get over. Surely a mothers instinct kicks in, I mean I dont even have kids yet but feel so so strongly for any kid or animal that is being mistreated and I couldn't allow it to happen under any circumstances. However I do accept that the factors I stated above probably contribute to this in addition to the extent of the coercion and control exerted by SB over FS. I do think FS is way more vulnerable and probably has a greater mental/emotional battle ahead of her regardless of any sentence she gets handed today.

It's an extremely sad case all round and I cannot understand how anyone can hurt a child.
Even the fs mum who had 6 kids, didn’t have a clue that star was in pain.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I’m honestly glad that so many people have been able to get medical assistance when needed, it just shows this country’s NHS is cooperating in some places. I live in Liverpool which has Alder Hey one of the best children’s hospitals and even they fob your child off with all kinds, I bet the area FS was from was just as bad

Reactions: 4
I know this is different and I can’t speak for all areas. However, I turned up at A&E on Sunday with a broken wrist and a black Eye I looked like
I had been beaten ( I wasn’t ). But do you know what they did? turned me away and said they don’t deal with fractures at a&e at the moment because of covid. They didn’t care that my arm was out of shape and I had bruise on my face and that I was in absolute agony. They didn’t ask how I was. I was given an address to a minor injury unit over ten miles away and basically pushed out the door! I am adult and I know maybe they would have seen a child. But how appalling! What if i had been attacked and it had taken all my courage to attend. Even if they couldn’t help me physically, they should have asked questions and checked if I was okay. The should have attempted to safe guard me, they didn’t know my situation and didn’t even care!
Sorry that happened to u but a baby is different they take precident they are always seen and questions asked

Reactions: 3
Sorry that happened to u but a baby is different they take precident they are always seen and questions asked
I agree that a baby would be different. Was just pointing out some terrible practice.

Just got me thinking that say if FS ever attempted to be seen for herself or anyone person who is a victim of DV. That it wouldn’t be so easy. I was just thinking generally of DV victims, can you imagine turning up to hospital needing medical care, the strength that would probably take a person who had been abused to just be turned away. I can imagine they would feel defeated and maybe not attempt at the next place. Just a sad thought.

Last edited:
  • Sad
To allow anyone to treat your child like that makes you just as bad in my eyes. I don’t care what her IQ was. And I’ve read court updates , the way she spoke about and treated that baby was awful. Making videos of her falling asleep etc it’s just cruel.

Because it is disgusting no matter what allowing someone to abuse your child.
No one’s disputing what Star went through was disgusting, and no one’s saying IF FS knew about it she’s still innocent.
We’re all entitled to our opinions, and we all interpret the evidence in our own way. I think people are taking the sympathy/empathy some of us have for something that it’s not.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Back in the June when Frankie was taken to hospital with Star with bruise from Savanna “the coffee table” Brockhill, the police officer said SB was against Star being taken, but Frankie was happy for her to be taken to hospital.
That was presumably a worrying bruise for the police to want her to be checked out, but the doctors agreed it was consistent with a coffee table fall. Isn’t that going to set the bar of Frankie’s future assessments? A doctor saw that and thought it was fine. So next time Savanna again blames the coffee table or the bed or the stairs, and Frankie remembers last time it was bad the doctor said it was fine. And then it happens again with the social worker in September - shin bruising consistent with her age and another cheek bruise - Star so dazed she walks into a sofa, but social worker says she’s fine.
And then her leg, while she didn’t take Star to hospital, she said she wanted to. I can’t believe she would have said that if she knew the bruises were non accidental. Again SB put her off.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Maybe he doesn’t know how he feels and a condition of him speaking to reporters is that they don’t ask
I sadly think that if they showed any support whatsoever for FS, they would themselves become the victims of the mob mentality. As we have very clearly seen on here, God forbid anyone shows any kind of sympathy or empathy!!

I really really hope they can repair their relationship.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I saw an article that said David speaks to Frankie regularly. There must be some level of support.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I caught up properly early this morning as my baby didn’t fancy sleeping last night. I was in a pretty crappy mood yesterday so I apologise to the posters for not reading comments properly. Anyway I wanted to add my thoughts on the hospital thing. I know Star was older but I thought it was worth sharing on hospital procedures.

My youngest had an accident when she was 3 months old earlier this year. I stupidly left her on the sofa to grab my coffee and have a drink, she wriggled and landed on her tummy on the floor. I felt dreadful and I was panicking. I tried to call 111 but wait times were crazy. I think I only waited 2 minutes before I put her in the car and drove to A&E in bits. I was terrified something was happening internal with her being so little. Thankfully we have a low sofa, a thick carpet and a rug but I felt absolutely stupid that I allowed that to happened. It’s text book not what to do. Especially having a 2 year old already I should have known much better. I was upset the whole time in A&E. I told 4 different people what happened (receptionist, a nurse, a junior doctor and a consultant). The nurse and doctors checked my story. The two doctors stripped my baby and checked her over. Thankfully she was absolutely fine.

My main point being the junior doctor told me the consultant needed to sign this off before we left. When I was talking to the consultant, he told me because she’s not mobile there’s a different process to be followed. Reading what happened on Star with the junior doctor only assessing her is heartbreaking. I can’t believe that a 16 month old who’s still a baby may I add, didn’t receive this care.

I understand toddlers have bruises etc but clearly that process needs to be changed. My baby didn’t have any bruises but that’s what they were checking for. They also checked into me, my fiancé and oldest daughter (who’s never had an accident). I’m assuming that’s what the nurse did as she asked for full names. And rightfully so! The “not mobile” comment didn’t really stick until I read what happened with Star. I know each trust is different but a consultant should have seen Star too.

ETA: the HV also mentioned it at her 3 month check and I told her how mortified I was. But it was flagged to her aswell!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
As I’ve mentioned before, I am no fan of Frankie and I find it so hard to get my head around the fact that she ignored the abuse of her child (for whatever reason). I think she got the right conviction for her, I’ve always said it - imo she did cause/allow Star’s death by giving Savanna access to her in the first place and then continuing to allow her to be in Star’s life. However, I can understand other users’ points and why they feel empathy towards her because I don’t think in black and white terms. I look at the bigger picture. It doesn’t change how I feel about the verdict especially with the evidence that’s been released lately, but it makes me understand possibly why things ended up where they did.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It’s been a very long hard 8 weeks and just reading the transcripts have been hard going, so I am relieved the end is finally in sight and the sentences are due today.
We all hope that after another horrific preventable evil death lessons will be learned but sadly this has been said far too many times.
It’s heartbreaking to see so many other “related articles” of other trials going on right now for similar acts of horror to young children.
What a horrific world we live in and these poor children being failed time and time again by people who are supposed to love and protect them

Hats off to anyone who deals with child abuse/protection cases because I can’t fathom how mentally exhausting it must be

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Let’s not ignore the fathers in this. Frankies dad failed Frankie, and Jordan equally failed Star!
Of course, but Stars dad wasn’t on trial. Although, I don’t even know him but it’s not hard to work out he’s a disgusting piece of tit!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.