Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've followed the trial updates and these threads from the beginning and I personally think it's unfair that the media don't seem to be mentioning that FS was a vulnerable young single mother in a controlling and abusive relationship who was preyed on by SB. The articles I read yesterday suggest they killed her together when SB inflicted the blows which killed Star. Although I do personally believe FS should have done more to get SB out of their lives she was clearly controlled and manipulated by SB and likely didn't have the intelligence to know how to get out of the situation.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Let’s not ignore the fathers in this. Frankies dad failed Frankie, and Jordan equally failed Star!
I must say, seeing the papers dwell on Frankies dad killing himself as if he was a huge part of her's and Star's life is grating on me. He was barely mentioned throughout the court proceeding - where was he during her life? He is as much to blame for Frankie's crappy childhood as Yvonne!

Reactions: 13
I must say, seeing the papers dwell on Frankies dad killing himself as if he was a huge part of her's and Star's life is grating on me. He was barely mentioned throughout the court proceeding - where was he during her life? He is as much to blame for Frankie's crappy childhood as Yvonne!
Of course, however I have a child with severe learning disabilities. His dad isn’t around for him much just like Frankies dad wasn’t around her. I have still done the job of getting him help for his disabilities. If Frankies IQ etc is as low as the professionals say, her mother, who was around should have done something. She’s been completely failed and poor Star had to suffer because of it.

That’s not necessarily true. David Fawcett said that they were a lovely normal family until Savannah Brockhill wrecked and destroyed their family
Maybe they were but judging by what the professionals have said Frankie shouldn’t have ever been allowed to bring up a baby without support.

Reactions: 4
That’s not necessarily true. David Fawcett said that they were a lovely normal family until Savannah Brockhill wrecked and destroyed their family
Agree with this - even from a nose at YS Facebook the family looks a busy, happy bunch. Sure, it might not be my ideal living situation, but there didn't seem to be any glaring warning signs.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Pretty sure I read that he’d kicked her out of the house at some point, early on in her relationship with Savanna I think. There really hasn’t been much mention of him though, I agree.

Reactions: 5
It's interesting how critical David appears to be of the YS household in the GMB interview. I wasn't expecting that.

Reactions: 3
Yvonne left Frankie to take care of her younger siblings while she was on a bender all night to the point Frankie was struggling to cope and gave Star to Anita and David. I don’t think it’s all as rosy in the garden as it’s being made out to be. SB was the real problem, yes, but there was clearly some level of dysfunction going on there.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
I wouldn’t blame David for being biased, and obviously he must be extremely upset at such a traumatic time, but nothing about that family seems normal, quiet or functional. Perhaps not the type of family that you’d expect to end up involved in a murder case, but still - everything sounds entirely chaotic, with the exception of David and Anita.

Reactions: 12
Sorry if this has already been posted but Boris has tweeted about the case. I can't see anything other than hefty sentences handed out today.

Reactions: 1
Can anyone clarify something for me.
I always assumed that Frankies dad had passed away previous to What happened to Star. I viewed YS going out drinking etc as a reaction to her grief (all speculation of course).
However, it has since emerged he died later. So I can only assume, Andrew went to prison (for whatever reason anyone know?) , YS got some freedom changed a lot and the rest is history. Sounds pretty chaotic to me, but perhaps YS was a more hands on mum prior to her partner going to prison. Perhaps, she also was a victim of DV (I’m sure I read that somewhere not sure) and Andrew being out of the picture she felt more free and able to go out more, you can’t really judge her for that if it is the case. Just some thoughts!

Edited: to remove victim of some extent! Hated that so wrong of me to write it!

Reactions: 2
Sorry if this has already been posted but Boris has tweeted about the case. I can't see anything other than hefty sentences handed out today.

I find this photo actually one of the hardest to see. So thoroughly innocent and adorable. The typical "butter wouldn't melt". She looks absolutely beautiful and it breaks my heart.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
It's interesting how critical David appears to be of the YS household in the GMB interview. I wasn't expecting that.
Its on the early days trial transcripts that Anita and YS were having 'words' and Anita's SS complaint included the YS household in general and DV in front of all the children in that house.

Reactions: 10

It’s all well and good BoJo publicly commenting; but what’s he going to do to invoke change? Social care is severely underfunded. Add onto that the devastating impact of the pandemic.. significant change needs to happen. If he wants to actully ensure “lessons are learned”, his government need to look at making changes to the system and specifically child protection.

This isn’t having a rant at you, it just annoys me when tweets like this are sent out into the ether and nothing changes.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It’s all well and good BoJo publicly commenting; but what’s he going to do to invoke change? Social care is severely underfunded. Add onto that the devastating impact of the pandemic.. significant change needs to happen. If he wants to actully ensure “lessons are learned”, his government need to look at making changes to the system and specifically child protection.

This isn’t having a rant at you, it just annoys me when tweets like this are sent out into the ether and nothing changes.

Absolutely spot on. I dread to think how many other cases are waiting to come out.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.