Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wanted to share something that I have been thinking about for a while regarding a fear of social services etc.

This isn't in anyway to defend FS as obviously the circumstances are completely different, and in my situation I hadn't harmed my son in any way.

After my son was born, I think I had post natal deprsssion. I don't know to this day whether I did as I was too scared to call a Dr.

I had suffered a very traumatic birth and didn't bond with my son at all. It actually probably took me a good 10+ months to feel like he was mine. I never felt like I knew what to say to him or how to be a mum. It took a long time to feel maternal. I obviously looked after him and took perfect care of him but never felt very much, I sort of felt like I was babysitting someone else's child.

I had a huge fear of social services taking him away (even though they would have no reason to). That is the reason why I never called a gp about how much I was struggling. I was frightened they would take him away as I was struggling. I really was terrified that if I admitted I may be depressed that they would take him away.

When he was around 9 months old he pulled a wire and Alexa fell on his head. Completely accidentally obviously and I still had that fear that the doctor would think terribly of me and call social services.
But I obviously did the right thing and called 111 who arranged a doctor's appointment and he was absolutely fine.

I just wanted to add my experience as I remember reading somewhere that even very shortly after Star was born, FS had a fear of SS taking Star away, and this would have been before any of the abuse took place? So she would have no real reason to think they would?

i wonder if it could be that fear she had always had re SS, combined with being under SB's spell and genuinely believing the bruises were accidental, that caused FS to just not want to take further action with regards to dr, hospital, etc

Just thinking out loud I guess 🤔

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
I am surprised SB did not try to stay with FS whilst in prison (I know its supposed to be no contact but there are ways and means of getting messages through) I thought she would be scared to break up and get a new girlfriend in case FS said more about what happened. I would think that maybe it was because FS did not want anything to do with her but I doubt that due to her not changing her evidence until midway through the trial

Reactions: 1
I’ve never seen this picture of SB before and cannot believe how different she looks. (It’s from the scum website but I’ve no idea how to link a photo !)View attachment 924791
It's from this night at the sun pub. And I wonder if that's her famous pink shirt

Attachments

Reactions: 5
Just wanted to share something that I have been thinking about for a while regarding a fear of social services etc.

This isn't in anyway to defend FS as obviously the circumstances are completely different, and in my situation I hadn't harmed my son in any way.

After my son was born, I think I had post natal deprsssion. I don't know to this day whether I did as I was too scared to call a Dr.

I had suffered a very traumatic birth and didn't bond with my son at all. It actually probably took me a good 10+ months to feel like he was mine. I never felt like I knew what to say to him or how to be a mum. It took a long time to feel maternal. I obviously looked after him and took perfect care of him but never felt very much, I sort of felt like I was babysitting someone else's child.

I had a huge fear of social services taking him away (even though they would have no reason to). That is the reason why I never called a gp about how much I was struggling. I was frightened they would take him away as I was struggling. I really was terrified that if I admitted I may be depressed that they would take him away.

When he was around 9 months old he pulled a wire and Alexa fell on his head. Completely accidentally obviously and I still had that fear that the doctor would think terribly of me and call social services.
But I obviously did the right thing and called 111 who arranged a doctor's appointment and he was absolutely fine.

I just wanted to add my experience as I remember reading somewhere that even very shortly after Star was born, FS had a fear of SS taking Star away, and this would have been before any of the abuse took place? So she would have no real reason to think they would?

i wonder if it could be that fear she had always had re SS, combined with being under SB's spell and genuinely believing the bruises were accidental, that caused FS to just not want to take further action with regards to dr, hospital, etc

I often weigh this up against her leaving star for 10 weeks because SB broke up with her.
It’s all bizarre.

Reactions: 2

Of course she was worried to take Star to the doctor because from what we have seen tonight of the bruising of the face, and we have not seen the bath photo of bruising of the body, that baby would have probably been removed

Really sorry you went through this and glad you came out the other side.

I do think most parents would be scared of SS regardless of what the situation is, it is scary to think other people have power to take away your most precious gift and I am sure any involvement or accident can lead you to think this will happen I know I would if my baby had an accident I would worry about this also.

I think the difference with FS is she had cause to worry, that baby was reported five times by different people who all thought it was wrong, that baby was black and blue and had awful injuries, was showing signs of emotional distress, they were doing punishment FS knew was wrong thats why she lied on police interviews about times spent near the wall and shouting at Star. So a one off instance was not why FS was scared it was because there were too many instances, too many bruises, too many reports to SS.....if I was her I'd be worried too

Reactions: 13
I already have done. Think it was relief.
me too. The case came on the lunchtime news whilst I was feeding my little one in her high chair. I stood up and just gawped at the TV. It just felt like this case I’d been following for so long was actually real. The video of her dancing came on and I just started sobbing. The clip of David too.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I would have to agree. Normally partners get jealous of kids when they feel the other partner prioritises the child more than them and spends more time with the child. In this case neither is true. FS prioritised SB and they didn’t live together to cause arguments of this nature. I think she is just sadistic and enjoyed the power she had over Star who could not defend herself. She enjoyed not just physically abusing Star but also mentally, one that stuck in my mind was the ‘being nasty then nice’ google search. I think she enjoyed tormenting Star by experimenting on her such as by giving her a chocolate, kissing her and then unexpectedly following this by giving her a slap.
Even though frankie put SB first, just her looking after Star and doing basic things for her would have made SB jealous imo. Any moment she wasn't focused on SB

Just realised one of the SS reports was made against FS 'ragging' Star at a bbq, I kind of remember this now. She must have been very rough with her, I know we already know about the walking in Bradford on reins and the walking upstairs and shouting but just made me think

Reactions: 11
I am surprised SB did not try to stay with FS whilst in prison (I know its supposed to be no contact but there are ways and means of getting messages through) I thought she would be scared to break up and get a new girlfriend in case FS said more about what happened. I would think that maybe it was because FS did not want anything to do with her but I doubt that due to her not changing her evidence until midway through the trial
Apparently they we’re together at first for a few months ( I think they sometimes do this to see if there is any talk overheard between them admitting it) but then FS requested to be moved - not sure how true it is though

Apparently they we’re together at first for a few months ( I think they sometimes do this to see if there is any talk overheard between them admitting it) but then FS requested to be moved - not sure how true it is though
I'm pretty sure they were in separate prisons from the beginning.

This is a news article dated 26th October 2020:

" The women were on video links from HMP Styal and HMP New Hall where they are being held on remand. "

Reactions: 3
I’m sure our users only follow to see what utter tripe gets posted next.

Say hi to Corrine for us.

Reactions: 14
I’m sure she said she couldn’t count how many times SB had assaulted her but it was often and started early on in the relationship when SB bit her cheek? Then she mentioned the incident with the shoe and the hairbrush? Wasn’t the pub incident the same time she got the black eye off RE? I thought when they got back to the house SB and RE shared, SB was giving FS “a hiding” and RE pulled her off and hit FS in the eye in the process?
no she'd said that RE accidentally clipped her in the eye and it left her with a bruised eye

oh well I think you read a different trial from me. Do you not remember where she spoke about SB hitting her with a shoe and backhanding her in the car?
Evidently so by your understandings. Again the shoe incident was described as a response to FS hitting out at SB, and the backhanding was never truly acknowledged as a driver backhanding someone with their right hand whilst driving is rather difficult to believe and was disputed a lot

Last edited:
As much as we can all say she should of took the baby to see a doctor, this was during lockdown how hard was it to actually see a doctor? I still can’t get a face to face appointment it’s all over the phone, what are they going to diagnose with that?
Not that hard actually. I rang 111 at midnight during the main bit of lockdown. I suspected my DD had shingles. We had an appointment made at hospital for 7am in the morning and then we had another appointment with a consultant at nearby hospital at tea time because the shingles were in her eye.

Since lockdown, my children and I have had plenty of face to face appointments for things that could not be helped over the phone, eg shingles, infected wounds etc. It depends where you live, and how insistent you are, I suppose.

I wish people would now stop making excuses for Frankie. you no longer need to give her the benefit of the doubt anymore. She has been banged to rights. Low IQ or not, she allowed her poor baby to suffer in the most horrific way. Anyone who has seen that bruise and still believes she thought it was an accident is deluding themselves, she knew, even a five year old would know. A hand shaped facial bruise and a finger tip bruise all on one side of her face? Just stop. Please. A jury of 11 people have seen far more than us and have given their verdict. I cannot understand why people are still questioning it. Your initial thoughts were wrong, that is all there is to it.

Lockdown or not, FS would still not have taken her baby to see a GP. The lockdown is just a very convenient excuse.

I cannot believe that people are still trying to justify and excuse FS’s careless, cruel behaviour even though they have seen the bruises her child had and she did duck all about. I’ve been even tempered and have bit my tongue all through this thread. To still see people excusing FS’s behaviour after everything today…I give up. Hiding behind covid is the most pathetic excuse there is.

She should have taken her, there’s no question of that, even if it was over the phone initially or whatever. To my mind it seems like she was trying but she was strongly discouraged by SB and the high compliance came into play.
She didn’t try at all. she did nothing. Nothing at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Not that hard actually. I rang 111 at midnight during the main bit of lockdown. I suspected my DD had shingles. We had an appointment made at hospital for 7am in the morning and then we had another appointment with a consultant at nearby hospital at tea time because the shingles were in her eye.

Since lockdown, my children and I have had plenty of face to face appointments for things that could not be helped over the phone, eg shingles, infected wounds etc. It depends where you live, and how insistent you are, I suppose.

I wish people would now stop making excuses for Frankie. you no longer need to give her the benefit of the doubt anymore. She has been banged to rights. Low IQ or not, she allowed her poor baby to suffer in the most horrific way. Anyone who has seen that bruise and still believes she thought it was an accident is deluding themselves, she knew, even a five year old would know. A hand shaped facial bruise and a finger tip bruise all on one side of her face? Just stop. Please. A jury of 11 people have seen far more than us and have given their verdict. I cannot understand why people are still questioning it. Your initial thoughts were wrong, that is all there is to it.

Lockdown or not, FS would still not have taken her baby to see a GP. The lockdown is just a very convenient excuse.

I cannot believe that people are still trying to justify and excuse FS’s careless, cruel behaviour even though they have seen the bruises her child had and she did duck all about. I’ve been even tempered and have bit my tongue all through this thread. To still see people excusing FS’s behaviour after everything today…I give up. Hiding behind covid is the most pathetic excuse there is.

She didn’t try at all. she did nothing. Nothing at all.
Who is defending her? we’re all on this site to give our opinion and just because people have different opinions to you doesn’t mean anyone is wrong. As I’ve stated previously I still can’t get face to face appointments for my 2 year old and myself, I have had very serious operations cancelled. I will 100% put covid to some blame for kids slipping through the net and I’ll always blame the fact she was being told by this woman who love bombed her and made her think every single word she spoke was genuine that her child was faking it and using multiple excuses knowing she was scared of social services taking her child away. If you don’t want to see people giving their opinions and debating on stuff then it’s clear this thread isn’t for you, seems your letting your emotions get in the way of people speaking their mind.

Reactions: 7
Perhaps, but the way I see it is that FS cancelled visits from SS because she didn’t want them to see the bruises, she admitted she was worried they would take Star. Now, if a parent knows bruises are innocent would they be worried? Probably not. This begs the question whether she really didn’t understand that such severe bruising (and I believe the most harrowing ones have not even been released) does not just happen from accidents. Star’s face is covered in bruises in that video, even her ears are green. If she didn’t cause these bruises herself then surely you’d think where are they from? Also, I believe SS only saw Star a couple of times, the visits when Star had the most severe bruising were either not scheduled or postponed.
Yes even I panic and I’m 40+ with a few kids. I know i didn’t hurt my kids but I do worry when they hurt what others will think. If sb had said oh ss want to take star then fs would believe it

Reactions: 3
Said it here many threads ago, I have all boys who are mad active and the youngest (2yr) has an accident at least every week, sometimes every few days - slips, trips, bumps head on corner of table, stair gate flings back and catches him, elbowed or accidentally head butted by brother, you name it. The bruises are small. And on “classic places”. That bruised side of face on Star is horrific. Imagine the force 🙁 I dread to think what the rest of her looked like. There is one I’ve seen on Facebook and she’s outside I think and it looks like her entire bottom lips are swollen.

The 999 call is chilling. No urgency. There’s no quick get an ambulance please! Come now! She’s crafted her story but luckily slipped up by saying I’ve called her mum in. That ties with FS phoning YS in the ambulance saying she went in and SB had her.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.