Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She should have taken her, there’s no question of that, even if it was over the phone initially or whatever. To my mind it seems like she was trying but she was strongly discouraged by SB and the high compliance came into play.
No 100% she should of pushed to see a doctor, but at the same time they were literally fobbing people off unless it was covid. Over the phone they would of done nothing, I’ve been trying to get my sons sleep apnea sorted for weeks all they say is can I hear him breathe down the phone, no help whatsoever. SB is the main reason she didn’t go though with her never ending storys of how it was all tantrums

Reactions: 6
Reading that when Frankie's dad's body was discovered after he took his own life he had a coat of Star's next to him just broke my heart.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
As much as we can all say she should of took the baby to see a doctor, this was during lockdown how hard was it to actually see a doctor? I still can’t get a face to face appointment it’s all over the phone, what are they going to diagnose with that?
We’ll I went to A&E at the height of the pandemic and was seen by a doctor no problem. Where there’s a will……..and yes I know she didn’t have a car, I am sure she could have asked for a lift or get a taxi like she did just about to everywhere.

Reading that when Frankie's dad's body was discovered after he took his own life he had a coat of Star's next to him just broke my heart.
It made me feel sick. Where was he when it came to making a social services report? All seems very very odd to me.

We’ll I went to A&E at the height of the pandemic and was seen by a doctor no problem. Where there’s a will……..and yes I know she didn’t have a car, I am sure she could have asked for a lift or get a taxi like she did just about to everywhere.
I guess it depends on what hospital it is, I had major operations that got cancelled 3 times and was left sat in a waiting room for 36 hours before even being seen to say they couldn’t see me. It’s honestly different in every city

Reactions: 1
She should have taken her, there’s no question of that, even if it was over the phone initially or whatever. To my mind it seems like she was trying but she was strongly discouraged by SB and the high compliance came into play.
Maybe she knew the abuse was going on wanted it to stop, due to being so scared of SB she suggested going to hospital to try to get her to stop it without confronting her and saying she thought it was her. We all know SB is terrifying, in my view its not excuse to still stay with her if she knew what was going on but it might be that she thought this was a way to stop it without leaving SB or getting her angry

It’s all well and good saying she should have pushed to see a doctor but she didn’t actually make an initial call in the first place?

My area is rubbish even now. Covid is an excuse for everything.

Reactions: 9
Of all the things FS 'Should have done' the one thing I am probably most sad about is that she did not just ring David and say - Enough now, come and get us ... then it would have all been out of her hands, they would have got treatment for Star, they would have protected her from SB, they would have helped her to bring Star up, even let her go out drinking with her mum, just as long as Star was safe, that's what makes me sad

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
It made me feel sick. Where was he when it came to making a social services report? All seems very very odd to me.
I agree with something you said earlier, that him killing himself on Frankie's birthday seemed spiteful. A friend of mine was cheated on by his gf years ago and he killed himself on her birthday, I believe deliberately to spite her. He was a very troubled man before he met her. I remember she turned up at the funeral, distraught, and his family kicked off at her, blamed her. It wasn't fair, you can't blame someone for another person ending their own life, that's their choice alone. Maybe Frankie's dad was a troubled man aside from what happened to Star.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Of all the things FS 'Should have done' the one thing I am probably most sad about is that she did not just ring David and say - Enough now, come and get us ... then it would have all been out of her hands, they would have got treatment for Star, they would have protected her from SB, they would have helped her to bring Star up, even let her go out drinking with her mum, just as long as Star was safe, that's what makes me sad
It’s the fact everyone around her was telling her this was shocking and not normal and she stuck two fingers up to the lot of them. That’s just wilful ignorance.
The nhs is free. The woman was just neglectful.

During the pandemic, they would still see people in A&E especially children. Calling a doctor would have also been an option because they would have assessed if it’s an emergency over the phone. A baby screaming when her leg is touched and limping on it would have made a doctor suspect a fracture which is an emergency.

Reactions: 9
I think we’re all in agreement that YES the poor baby should have been taken to a doctor/A&E by her mother for some urgent care. But the sad reality is, she wasn’t.

Whether it was FS scared of the repercussions, (the police, SS) or whether it was the fear and coercion from SB stopping her from doing so. None of us will truly know. No matter what she said in court nobody will truly know why.

I’ve said before, FS 100% deserves time in prison for her cruelty and allowing her the murder of Star. She was a hopeless mother even before SB came on the scene. However she was a victim of domestic abuse from the hands of SB. She was and still is very young, vulnerable and naive. Not a very straight forward case at all.

Reactions: 13
My area is rubbish even now. Covid is an excuse for everything.
It’s a nightmare in my area too trying to see a doctor my little ones been prescribed antibiotics without even been seen by the doctor. I don’t think that incident would have changed the outcome for star unfortunately, scary how many cases like this will continue to happen because services aren’t doing face to face appointments.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
It’s all just unbearable to think about isn’t it, even being this far removed from the case. What on Earth state of mind do you have to be in to allow something like this.

Reactions: 8
Do you know what keeps sticking in my head can't quite remember the quote (someone please do this verbatim for me who has access to transcripts)
but its when SB said to FS 'she's a very, very nasty girl, she will ruin your life' ........she could have actually have been talking about her own self in that phrase. FS should have realised who was the nasty one and who would ruin her life, because it certainly wasn't Star

Reactions: 8
It’s the fact everyone around her was telling her this was shocking and not normal and she stuck two fingers up to the lot of them. That’s just wilful ignorance.
The nhs is free. The woman was just neglectful.
Agreed. There was a whole host of people there to help her. She knew SB was violent. The sad fact is she didn't care about her baby enough to do anything about it. As a society we want to blame an outsider, it's safer and more palatable. And obviously one one of them has been found guilty of murder. But I absolutely believe that FS has the right verdict.

I've just seen a still from the video. Her little face. She was black and blue.

Reactions: 11
Agreed. There was a whole host of people there to help her. She knew SB was violent. The sad fact is she didn't care about her baby enough to do anything about it. As a society we want to blame an outsider, it's safer and more palatable. And obviously one one of them has been found guilty of murder. But I absolutely believe that FS has the right verdict.

I've just seen a still from the video. Her little face. She was black and blue.
She couldn’t even listen to her own suspicions on what was right in front of her so it really was fruitless for other people to voice their concerns to her. What more can you do in this situation? They tried the best they could but ultimately it was only her that could do something about it, and she didn’t. It was a toxic combination that had a disastrous outcome.

Agree, the images are totally heartbreaking. Worst thing I’ve ever seen!

Lol that’s made my day a remake/copy of a gypsy waggon we don’t have things like that clearly trying to be a traveller have you ever seen a real gypsy waggon???? They don’t look like that
You never been to Appleby then ???

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.