Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I guess it is a tough one re Causing or Allowing. I was arguing on TE (fool that I am!) that the prosecution presented evidence of cruelty and neglect by FS - not seeking medical help, CCTV of her making Star crawl up the stairs, talking to her harshly, not allowing sleep etc.

But FS causing death? No evidence. Allowing death? Only circumstantial evidence of allowing SB back in after suspicion of significant harm. But is that evidence of allowing? I would be having sleepless nights as a juror wrangling with that one.
Yes, we could be in for a long wait for the verdict

Reactions: 4
It will be interesting to see what the verdict is, the one thing everyone on this thread agrees with is they do not envy the jury. I think we all agree also that FS has lots of limitations, she met an horrendous person who was wicked to both her and her daughter, the question is though does that mean she is not guilty? I know my thoughts but I can also see why others and the jury may take that into consideration which is the right thing to do.
My own belief is that when the verdict comes back the jury will find FS guilty of CA charge

Reactions: 12
Yes as much as I personally don’t believe FS should be found guilty, I think the jury will probably find her guilty of causing/allowing. I can’t really see her walking free

Reactions: 10
It is interesting though what someone posted on here that YS is waiting for the verdict to decide, I wonder if that is because she is waiting to see what public opinion is before supporting or if she really does not know what to think

It is interesting though what someone posted on here that YS is waiting for the verdict to decide, I wonder if that is because she is waiting to see what public opinion is before supporting or if she really does not know what to think
Did she say after the verdict or after all the evidence has been presented? I think it would be strange to say after the verdict when she’s seen all the evidence and you’d assume she’s know what her own child is capable of.

If I was on the jury I don’t think I could find her guilty of anything, cruelty yes being a bad mum yes but she’s not up for that. She’s not a murderer and I don’t think she allowed it, who knew in them minutes she was out the room her baby would get murdered considering that was the first time she’d left SB alone with Star after the suspicions. I honestly think she just needs the right help, she needs to get properly assessed and see what professionals can offer for her. As for SB I hope she rots.

Reactions: 15
Did she say after the verdict or after all the evidence has been presented? I think it would be strange to say after the verdict when she’s seen all the evidence and you’d assume she’s know what her own child is capable of.
Yeah, I can imagine her saying I will decide when I hear the evidence but not when the verdict is brought in, she must have a bigger insight than any of us, she must have questioned FS on what happened and seen her responses. I am wondering if she will distance herself from FS if found guilty as she does not want the anger of public opinion rather than doing what she thinks is the right the based on what she thinks

I think they will be deliberating over the causing and allowing for FS.
There are certain facts I come back to like the fact she had mentioned "she's too young for that." in reference to standing up the wall, but continued to do it says to me she's aware she won't understand the punishment yet still inflicted it . She filmed it for approval. She called star evil. She knew about dunking in the bath as punishment. There are a few things that are damming.
I don't think she ever thought for one moment it would end like this and I think that there should be some consideration to her background as extenuating circumstances in sentencing.

I would not want to be on the jury at all they do have a hard decision regarding FS with the causing or allowing charge, what we know of her low IQ and compliance. SB I can imagine they would have made a decision for her fairly quickly. I do wonder how SB will react when the verdicts are read out and the sentences.

Based on the recent trial of ET & TH and the public outcry for large sentences though, I think SB will get a hefty sentence, if FS is found guilty I think the judge will weigh up all the factors and give her a smaller sentence but still a long time.

Reactions: 2
Do jurors give reasons for verdicts to the judge?
You know... how and why they reached the decision.

Reactions: 1
I also think SB will be seething if FS gets found not guilty, and her guilty because she wants to have power and is controlling and manipulative.

She will hate FS being on the outside without her and the thought of her being with men will torture her. She's the type of character that if she goes down she wants FS dragging down with her. It would give me more satisfaction than both guilty.

Reactions: 8
I also think SB will be seething if FS gets found not guilty, and her guilty because she wants to have power and is controlling and manipulative.

She will hate FS being on the outside without her and the thought of her being with men will torture her. She's the type of character that if she goes down she wants FS dragging down with her. It would give me more satisfaction than both guilty.
See I don’t think she will actually care about FS being with men, I think she’s done with FS now, she’s apparently found someone else to play with in jail so FS is old news, she’s destroyed enough of her life already. I do think she’ll just be fuming that she wasn’t able to outsmart the jury, and probably feeling like FS has ‘one upped’ her.

Reactions: 15

I agree with you all her power and control gone if FS gets not guilty on all charges she will go ape I can see it now. I think even if FS were to get the causing or allowing charge she would go ape at that too, as other people have said she wants to drag her down.

Reactions: 1
See I don’t think she will actually care about FS being with men, I think she’s done with FS now, she’s apparently found someone else to play with in jail so FS is old news, she’s destroyed enough of her life already. I do think she’ll just be fuming that she wasn’t able to outsmart the jury, and probably feeling like FS has ‘one upped’ her.
My thoughts exactly she will be fuming if she gets longer sentence or FS gets not guilty. But she's not going to be bothered about FS and other men, that was a control thing rather than really being invested in FS I think.

She obviously has no love for FS the way she thought it was funny her low IQ being brought up she liked that a lot

Reactions: 9
You're right there she's got a new play thing in there. Although she had becky and FS and the same time so I don't think she likes letting them go. Probably likes them as her possessions.
Although she's already completely destroyed her life whatever the outcome.

She obviously has no love for FS the way she thought it was funny her low IQ being brought up she liked that a lot
I missed that part. How sad and awful. It was probably a massive insecurity already. She probably did a lot in the relationship to try and cover it up.
Ultimately intelligence is not important in your value as a human being, integrity is and she has none whatsoever. So she has nothing to snigger at.

Reactions: 7
Women's prisons have women coming in and out all the time usually short sentences, so she will have different women all the time I would guess, unless she gets with a longer termer. Women going in prison will a lot of time turn just for the time they are there but its not that they are really gay. But SB seems to like straight girls so that will be perfect for her.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
It was when the prosecution read out all the injuries that were done over a period of time. It made me think nobody could not know that abuse was happening.
At first I was all for both being done for murder, then when FS had her first day on the stand I changed my mind and didn't think she knew, the next day I wasn't so sure. But it definitely swayed my opinion back to thinking she was guilty when the injuries were read out one after one, after one
The way I see it is a bit like the frog in boiling water analogy. Probably SB started off with low level stuff and gaslighted FS into believing they were accidental, and gradually they got worse, increasing pressure on FS to doubt herself. One of the later texts “how did these marks happening, I’m not saying it was you” or something like that, to me that’s clearly the result of having made accusations previously and having received a forceful response.

I do see why people would say guilty for causing and allowing though. I suppose it comes down to the question of “given her limitations, are you sure she knew”. If yes, she’s guilty, if not, not guilty. I’m not sure she did know, nor am I sure she didn’t know.

Reactions: 16
.But SB seems to like straight girls so that will be perfect for her.
Straight and vulnerable so she's in her element. Probably try to rule the roost. Makes me so angry.

The way I see it is a bit like the frog in boiling water analogy. Probably SB started off with low level stuff and gaslighted FS into believing they were accidental, and gradually they got worse, increasing pressure on FS to doubt herself. One of the later texts “how did these marks happening, I’m not saying it was you” or something like that, to me that’s clearly the result of having made accusations previously and having received a forceful response.
She was also besotted with her to the point of where she had her name tattooed on her and talked of marriage after a short time. Due to her upbringing she probably so craved a family unit. A week before on Facebook she spoke about having a baby boy and not wanting a big age gap. She probably wanted to belive SB could give her that and wanted the happily ever after.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.