Sarah's Day #57 Baby's health scare gives me grey hair, Lord please "here" my performative prayer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm just catching up and I'm going to circle back to the tiktok. Is it not bizarre that she posted a tiktok at all? I mean, I've been the patient in critical condition and I have also been with patients in critical condition- you're not even thinking about your social media, let alone a trend.
Long hospital stays (which hers hasn't been) are draining. You need a break, a walk, some air and food, some comfort in the form of speaking to loved ones, but you don't need to update your socials nor do you think of posting a "trendy" video.
All of her chatting about missing her creature comforts, all of her constant posting of updates, even her scheduled ad that she rightly deleted- maybe we can write all that off as "she's stressed and her insta is her outlet".
But a tiktok? When you're in the hospital with a child who isn't breathing and turns blue without explanation? You have the presence of mind to post a tiktok?
Her behaviour is all a bit... unhinged. No? :confused:
Despite all her stories I'd legit forgot Macchu Picchu was in hospital when I watched her tiktok! She's been so calm (and whiney) and mentioned him so little the last few days I forgot the legit NEARLY DIED.
Posting a tiktok is crazy! It takes so much more effort than a quick insta rant (which you can argue she uses as therapy, it's disfunctional when you have 1mil followers but fine), but that tiktok required effort. And also it's not really related to her being in hospital so why not wait till she's home?!
She's obviously bored out of her mind and has realised this *five day* (🙄) isn't as good for engagement as she wanted so shes bored out of her mind and jsut wants to go home. Zero stress about her poor little baby, just stress about getting back to the gym.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Despite all her stories I'd legit forgot Macchu Picchu was in hospital when I watched her tiktok! She's been so calm (and whiney) and mentioned him so little the last few days I forgot the legit NEARLY DIED.
Posting a tiktok is crazy! It takes so much more effort than a quick insta rant (which you can argue she uses as therapy, it's disfunctional when you have 1mil followers but fine), but that tiktok required effort. And also it's not really related to her being in hospital so why not wait till she's home?!
She's obviously bored out of her mind and has realised this *five day* (🙄) isn't as good for engagement as she wanted so shes bored out of her mind and jsut wants to go home. Zero stress about her poor little baby, just stress about getting back to the gym.
Imagine going thru all that effort in those circumstances, AND GETTING THE TREND ALL WRONG.
And she calls herself a content creator.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
View attachment 1307456
I thought fox only ate HIGH QUALITY dairy and gluten? Like fancy cheeses and sour dough? And I thought he functioned and behaved better on a high fat, high protein, low carb diet? Looks like a healthy pizza, but it's still a store bought pizza.

Not being able to control Fox's diet will be killing her 😬
Side note what the duck are those pillows.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Side note what the duck are those pillows.
They had so many of her White Fox pyjamas left in stock so she turned them into pillows

Also her tiktok is doing tit compared to her other one 😂
Screenshot_20220601-105823_TikTok.jpg
Screenshot_20220601-105829_TikTok.jpg

I also enjoyed this comment
SmartSelect_20220601-105917_TikTok.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 28
In honour of her #notsotrending latest TikTok, I thought I’d do a Way Back Wednesday to a song from 2012. (You know, that’s where her pea-sized brain is stuck in after all.)

Instead of “Call me maybe” by Carly Rae Jaspen, this is “Stop textin’ Shady” by KjT…

She’s stuck in the hospidal
Puttin’ the nurses thru Hell
Sis hasn’t showered, she smells
The nurses need more pay
3 days off brother-husband
I’m feelin’ so good again
Chillin’ with the little man
Away from Sarah’s Day

Wait, what was I thinkin’?!
tit! My phone is dingin’
duck! The texts are screamin’
Better text back before she outs me!

Hey, I’m with YOUR toddlah, and he ain’t crazy
We’re havin’ pizza, stop textin’ Shady
Just put YOUR phone down, hug YOUR baby
I’m watchin’ Big Dog, stop textin’ shady
Hey, enough already, dude this is crazy
There’s too much blue blurb, stop textin’ Shady
Ok, I’ll say a prayer for you, show YOU’RE so sainty
But I need to tit first, stop textin’ Shady!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
But with tiktok she actually took screenshots, edited them, and recorded herself and put that up. Like...it takes time and effort to do that and I can't understand how she had the presence of mind when she needed to "bring back" a child? It's wild
Posting a tiktok is crazy! It takes so much more effort than a quick insta rant (which you can argue she uses as therapy, it's disfunctional when you have 1mil followers but fine), but that tiktok required effort.
Thank you both for validating my feelings around this. You've explained the bit I was struggling with- she had time and mental clarity to "produce" that tiktok. It wasn't just a rant into the screen. I cannot believe how uninvested she seems to be in his well being.
She's been so casual about it that I started to doubt my own sanity and compare my hospital stays with hers. I'm glad I posted now because she really had me wondering wtf is going on that I'm seemingly more concerned about her kid than she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Notice how she's back to being boring af.

When she's not shilling crappy products for people to take apart, or whinging exaggeratedly about her life as a mum, or baiting some tragedy or another, she has literally nothing left to share anymore.

Not to derail this thread, and not taking away from the ways in which Ellie maybe problematic just by virtue of being in the influencer space, butshe had a youtube Q&A vlog go up yesterday that was so refreshingly normal. None of SezzaScat's hyperbole or try hard vibes or coming off as holier than thou for no reason. Just normal, kind of relatable and refreshing to watch. Her life is full in a regular sort of way, her work is really work and while she has employees she doesnt shy away from rolling her sleeves up and getting into the work herself, and her husband and she have a balanced relationship, the business seems to be thriving, theyre doing more right than wrong with Bowie and sounds like they have all the right intentions to prepare him for his sibling's coming. Sarah could never.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Am I the only person who’s thinking she caught him mid SIDS? Like there’s nothing more to it, she was extremely lucky to catch him before it was too late. The same thing happened to Jessica Skube her husband found their daughter basically on the brink of passing away from SIDS and managed to bring her back. I don’t think any tests are going to tell her anything, except he’s extremely lucky to be alive. I really hope the three of them (S K and F) recover because it sounds really traumatic
For what it’s worth - a BRUE is a Brief Resolved Unexplained Event and is sometimes referred to as a SIDS near miss. It’s terrifying. All investigations usually come back ‘normal’ (ECG, EEG, brain ultrasound). It not a very comforting ‘diagnosis’ given you don’t really know what caused the blue episode or whether it will happen again. It happened to my baby and I too bought an owlet smart sock to monitor bubs O2 levels otherwise my PTSD would have kept me from sleeping ever again! Given the ‘normal’ tests I suspect that’s what they will put it down to!
I honestly don't know if this is better or worse than Sarah being at fault but feel it's probably the best explaination.

It's hard trying to comment on the situation when I have such a low opinion of her and it's easy to think the worst of her. I can honestly see her being in a strop and stressed from getting ready that morning that she just stuffed M into the car seat without paying attention. It's harsh, I know but I just can't get my head around the fact she said he'd already turned blue once that morning but they still decided to take him to the zoo for the day. That makes no sense! I feel like it was said to cover up a mistake. But then this is also the same parents who took him to a birthday party and to the beach in a storm while he was sick and had breathing issues. We saw him being worn wrong in the carry vest and slumped awkwardly in the car seat. People on both here and R*ddit have said M keeps looking blue. We've also seen her use a non SIDS safe bassinet, along with an insert that specifically states not to be used in one. Sarah unfortunately has priors in this department and I really hope for M's sake she starts taking things seriously.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Sarah unfortunately has priors in this department and I really hope for M's sake she starts taking things seriously
Dont worry. She bought herself an Owlet somethingoranother "so that she can actually sleep" so yeah, she's got this. M is in SAFE hands.

(not)

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Did she roll her eyes at finally having bought M a monitor?

Isn't that the first thing you should have bought when you found out he had breathing problems post birth? It took this?

:rolleyes: :oops::unsure:

In honour of her #notsotrending latest TikTok, I thought I’d do a Way Back Wednesday to a song from 2012. (You know, that’s where her pea-sized brain is stuck in after all.)

Instead of “Call me maybe” by Carly Rae Jaspen, this is “Stop textin’ Shady” by KjT…

She’s stuck in the hospidal
Puttin’ the nurses thru Hell
Sis hasn’t showered, she smells
The nurses need more pay
3 days off brother-husband
I’m feelin’ so good again
Chillin’ with the little man
Away from Sarah’s Day

Wait, what was I thinkin’?!
tit! My phone is dingin’
duck! The texts are screamin’
Better text back before she outs me!

Hey, I’m with YOUR toddlah, and he ain’t crazy
We’re havin’ pizza, stop textin’ Shady
Just put YOUR phone down, hug YOUR baby
I’m watchin’ Big Dog, stop textin’ shady
Hey, enough already, dude this is crazy
There’s too much blue blurb, stop textin’ Shady
Ok, I’ll say a prayer for you, show YOU’RE so sainty
But I need to tit first, stop textin’ Shady!
FMD. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Did she roll her eyes at finally having bought M a monitor?

Isn't that the first thing you should have bought when you found out he had breathing problems post birth? It took this?

:rolleyes: :oops::unsure:

FMD. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Yeah I’m surprised they didn’t get the breathing sensors that goes underneath the mattress at the very least. I had complications with my first child during pregnancy and I got this as precaution.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Notice how she's back to being boring af.

When she's not shilling crappy products for people to take apart, or whinging exaggeratedly about her life as a mum, or baiting some tragedy or another, she has literally nothing left to share anymore.

Not to derail this thread, and not taking away from the ways in which Ellie maybe problematic just by virtue of being in the influencer space, butshe had a youtube Q&A vlog go up yesterday that was so refreshingly normal. None of SezzaScat's hyperbole or try hard vibes or coming off as holier than thou for no reason. Just normal, kind of relatable and refreshing to watch. Her life is full in a regular sort of way, her work is really work and while she has employees she doesnt shy away from rolling her sleeves up and getting into the work herself, and her husband and she have a balanced relationship, the business seems to be thriving, theyre doing more right than wrong with Bowie and sounds like they have all the right intentions to prepare him for his sibling's coming. Sarah could never.
How is Ellie problematic??

Reactions: 3
So many Ungrateful moments. Let me list a few:
1. Calling illness or syndromes or conditions “sinister “ too bad for the mums who have beautiful babies who suffer those conditions, let’s just sigh relief and call something they didn’t ask for “sinister i.e evil” so kind so caring
2. Private room and still complaining . Most mums have 4 bed rooms .
3. Sides down on the cot is not allowed because babies can roll out unexpectedly
4. Me me me me me sleep shower etc
5. Not concerned at all about the lack of reasoning why your baby stopped breathing randomly following airway issues from birth and just keen to have a “shower” not public ewwww sorry to mums who can’t leave and have to live onsite for months.
6. Reject hospital food for lollies and Brag
7. Don’t thank or praise the medical staff
8. Don’t cry or show emotion about how close you were to losing your baby
9. Don’t acknowledge the mothers of hospital babies who live this life every day for long periods for ever
10. Don’t spread awareness about genetic conditions and how heartbreaking it is to face a life of medical visits and uncertainty. Just pretend you are a normal mum and push that away “for privacy”’no … for your ego. It’s really sad.
11. Don’t fight for your baby up stay as long as they need. Go home and focus on your businesses and sleep and showers.
12. don’t ask for other parents to send help or feedback. No tell them to stop telling you about the showers: don’t accept help. Don’t categorise yourself in this light. Don’t connect with other mums, hope the social workers and nurses tried to help you see this might be your new reality

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I dunno, something tells me (and a lot of you, as evidenced) this hasn't been as jaw dropping and serious as she's made it out to be. Everybody else continuing on as usual. Tahlia off to Europe now...in fact, I wonder if that's why they were hiring a last minute graphic designer for an 8 week contract, to fill in for her.

Side note, Scuzz has never been, right? She's been to NZ, Bali, Hawaii and that's it? And now with vaccination requirements to even get on an international flight to most places, probably won't...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I dunno, something tells me (and a lot of you, as evidenced) this hasn't been as jaw dropping and serious as she's made it out to be. Everybody else continuing on as usual. Tahlia off to Europe now...in fact, I wonder if that's why they were hiring a last minute graphic designer for an 8 week contract, to fill in for her.

Side note, Scuzz has never been, right? She's been to NZ, Bali, Hawaii and that's it? And now with vaccination requirements to even get on an international flight to most places, probably won't...
That’s because she’ll only ever do the bogan travel bubble - she’s ticked most off the list already…😂 with perhaps room to do Thailand or yet another Byron visit 🙄
PS no shade on any of these incredible places - it’s just proof she’d never truly immerse herself in any form of culture!

Reactions: 19
This is what I'm thinking. I know doctors aren't perfect but surely the numerous tests Mal has had would flag something? Even if they didn't know for sure but think it's due to his health condition then Sarah would have said.

So I'm actually circling back to my theory that she fucked up and swaddled him incorrectly/positioned him in the car seat wrong. Him turning blue that first night in hospital could have been a lie on her part because as others have pointed out, he wasn't hooked up to anything and she was able to leave the ward with him. If she made a mistake then fair enough, tit happens and I'm sure many mums make them. Except most people learn from their mistakes. To keep making them because you think your way is the best way is another story. If that's the case let's hope this is a wake up call for Sarah.
Car seats do compromise infant airways even when used correctly thus the advice on maximum time newborns and infants should be in car seats (I believe 30 minutes for a newborn and 2 hours thereafter) - it was my first thought after her original stories explaining the situation - why put an infant in a car seat that compromises their airways when they've already had a blue episode that day (unless you're on your way to seek medical help, and they're supervised).

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.