Sarahs Day #52 Thriving off the fact that her two week old is hospitalised because it boosts her engagement

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was not thinking about skincare or my own needs AT ALL. And I am not calling myself mother of the year, frankly I think it is the bare minimum as a parent or mum to put your child's needs first in these situations.
I'm a dog mom and when my shepherd suffered from stomach torsion and we had to run to the vet hospital at 1 in the morning, there didn't exist anything else for me, nothing else in my head. And we're talking about a dog. I can't imagine having a baby and going through some scary stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I’m not even sure how I feel posting here right now. She’s lost the plot. There must be more going on. Sure she needs to be called out for her actions 100% but I can’t help but think she’s really going through something. Obviously she won’t say that. Depression doesn’t exist, just soak up some vitamin D and go for a walk right? For the first time ever…..am I actually being mean right now? I dunno - I’m questioning myself.

Then I think…..this is how she wants me to feel. She’s using this as a way to escape the BS
I think I can relate.

If I was her and had made her choices somehow thinking that it was the right thing to do... And then I would read these discussions… I don’t know how I could live with myself.

I‘m not trying to moderate, the analyses are on point. At the same time I also hope that she doesn’t harm herself when she wakes up and realises what she has done to her children and her audience.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
That close up shot of her poor baby she just shared should not be on her Instagram story.
Not good, Sarah.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
That close up shot of her poor baby she just shared should not be on her Instagram story.
Not good, Sarah.
Its like she sees how much the baiting and sympathy garnering is working, and she does something worse. I dont even look at her page anymore, but I check in here a couple times a day and every time it seems she's done something even more terrible to top off the last terrible thing she's done. In a matter of hours.

I am with the peeps above saying this is getting awkward, and she is manic, but also going thru something. But I'll say again, she is not alone. She has her family who can step up and step in and help whether by way of providing assistance (theres a good chance she isnt alone, and we're just not seeing it, projecting a sorry image of being superhero mum doing it all alone works better for her), or suggesting she take a break from her socials. If they could be there for her such that she didn't need to project this entire story -- im sorry, that is just what it is. not so much because it maybe inaccurate but because she's spinning a whole narrative that works in her favour based off of the events she is going thru -- to literal strangers in order to feel better about herself, feel less alone, or make others feel sorry for her. Whatever she is gaining from this absolute nosedive to the bottom of the pit, it's not healthy.

Her stans, and us here, shouldn't be the ones concerned about her. SHE HAS A FAMILY THAT ARE PERFECTLY CAPABLE.

Instead, she is setting up a perfect bed for her to sow the seeds for upcoming scams/collabs/products so she can profit from them. I can guarantee she will market the pReGgY ebook on the back of the sympathy she gains from this. She will continue to use the baby and his illness to push views and $$ on her youtube channel for the next many months to come.

Like someone else said in the previous thread, she's had the dream wedding, she whipped up so much anticipation through the ham belly months, and now the second baby is here. The PP experience isn't turning out to be dreamy and instagram worthy, so this is the nextbest thing she can do to keep the interest going.

I think she is definitely going thru something, but I don't for a second feel sorry for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I think I can relate.

If I was her and had made her choices somehow thinking that it was the right thing to do... And then I would read these discussions… I don’t know how I could live with myself.

I‘m not trying to moderate, the analyses are on point. At the same time I also hope that she doesn’t harm herself when she wakes up and realises what she has done to her children and her audience.
I really appreciate this perspective, but from experience, she doesn't look at the world like this. I'm not telling you how to feel, of course, but I have learned that Sarah is not introspective and does not believe she is harming anyone. She will not change in the future: this is her true nature.

I have told this story before but I'll repeat it because it highlights the way she deals with things. When she shared Focks nude in her stories, I wrote to her telling her to cover him up, to protect him because she doesn't know who her followers are and her address is widely known. I sent her a news article about a Youtuber whose baby's pics were put on an adult site, stolen from her instagram stories.
Sarah blocked me. She then posted another picture of focks nude the next day.

Similarly, the cultural appropriation scandal when she silenced PoC. She told her team that "it's just braids" and they're "haters", then launched the "rise above" campaign. Literally, white privileged woman, rising above PoC she was appropriating from and silencing.

There are more examples, but you get the drift. She sees all feedback as hate. She does not reflect and evaluate. She does not internalize anything that is negative feedback, she is never wrong. So, she will never look at our feedback and think "Oh no, what have I done." She only sees herself as a victim. She will say "Oh they don't understand, they don't know how hard it is to be me and raise my boys and produce constant content."

Also, firm reminder: Sarah if it upsets you, don't visit Tattle. You are not meant to be here. The purpose of us talking here is so that these opinions are not taken onto your channels. That's why there's a "Keep it on Tattle" rule. Stay away if it hurts you. Focus on your family now.

*edits are focks' name to this spelling so he never finds that story when he googles himself.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
I really appreciate this perspective, but from experience, she doesn't look at the world like this. I'm not telling you how to feel, of course, but I have learned that Sarah is not introspective and does not believe she is harming anyone. She will not change in the future: this is her true nature.

I have told this story before but I'll repeat it because it highlights the way she deals with things. When she shared Focks nude in her stories, I wrote to her telling her to cover him up, to protect him because she doesn't know who her followers are and her address is widely known. I sent her a news article about a Youtuber whose baby pics were put on an adult site, stolen from her instagram stories.
Sarah blocked me. She then posted another picture of fox nude the next day.

Similarly, the cultural appropriation scandal when she silenced PoC. She told her team that "it's just braids" and they're "haters", then launched the "rise above" campaign. Literally, white privileged woman, rising above PoC she was appropriating from and silencing.

There are more examples, but you get the drift. She sees all feedback as hate. She does not reflect and evaluate. She does not internalize anything that is negative feedback, she is never wrong. So, she will never look at our feedback and think "Oh no, what have I done." She only sees herself as a victim. She will say "Oh they don't understand, they don't know how hard it is to be me and raise my boys and produce constant content."

Also, firm reminder: Sarah if it upsets you, don't visit Tattle. You are not meant to be here. The purpose of us talking here is so that these opinions are not taken onto your channels. That's why there's a "Keep it on Tattle" rule. Stay away if it hurts you. Focus on your family now.
I know, I agree and now I‘m caught between hoping she never changes and wanting her to be a better person.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I just had a look at the comments on her hospital skincare reel on her grid - they are alllllllll glowing and full of praise for her being such a super mum. Are we in a parallel universe here on Tattle? I'm honestly so bewildered. When my child was in hospital for her surgery at 5.5 months (and it was far from life threatening, she was breathing without assistance), I was not thinking about skincare or my own needs AT ALL. And I am not calling myself mother of the year, frankly I think it is the bare minimum as a parent or mum to put your child's needs first in these situations.

But the comments on her Insta are resoundingly positive... what on earth is going on?? I'm so confused. It seems so obvious that she has been a neglectful parent and her behaviour has been (at best) immature and (at worst) downright narcissistic and harmful.

ETA: I mean *I* get super emotional seeing the pictures of him with all the tubes. It is unbearable to see a teeny newborn in that situation. But Sarah just seems so unfazed by it though: "I'm not thriving". GIRL. What is actually going on in that puny brain.
Most aren't mothers, you don't understand fully a mothers love until you are one. I'd imagine her targeted audience would be younger women and teens , perhaps one who are more into physical appearance "beauty" and fitness. Who fall for her tit and admire her 😴

Reactions: 13
I know, I agree and now I‘m caught between hoping she never changes and wanting her to be a better person.
You want her to be a better person*. We all do; deep down. That's how we ended up here.
*Because you are a good person yourself. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I think this is actually the correct approach. I mean aside from it being an undisclosed ad, he is doing his job (which he is probably contractually obligated to) and not sharing his baby son’s health struggles all over the web…
Yeah, we can’t really have it both ways can we?
People get angry when they aren’t posting about the situation and then angry when they do.
I found the last thread hard to get into, it seems the hatred of Sez is at the point where we are pissed at everything she does.

Reactions: 30
Not sure it will help but here's another way to look at it:

Remember that the baby is in hospital, with qualified doctors and nurses looking after him. The safest place for him to be. They have a duty of care and skills that are better than hers (as opposed to if she were alone with him at home).

Abby and Fox are with Kurt, so getting fed properly.

Sarah- adrenalin-fueled/stressed or not- is still focused enough to film a skincare routine and photoshop a selfie (pic just above). She is manic but not apathetic, not depressed, not ill herself, not unfocused in her thoughts, not fearful. She is present and aware and is not worried (ignore her performative prayers, look at her: she is not worried, she is tired)- likely because the baby is being looked after and she has been told he is stable.

Her family are not involved at all, which they would be if it was a medical emergency. Tahlz is vaccinated and could be with her, but doesn't see the need.

The situation is not as dire as she is projecting. Part of this is engagement boosting activity. The presence of mind to take a selfie and "filter" it to look great suggests that she's not in a mental health crisis, but is in her normal routine.

I am not saying the baby is fine. He is clearly ill. I am not saying she is fine- she is exhausted, if nothing else. But I am saying, they are all in a controlled medical environment and there is no actual sign that things are getting worse. The baby seems stable, her hubby is calm, her family are not rushing to be with her, and she is creating engagement. Things seem stable overall.

Yep. She also said “we’ll be there atleast another two days”. If a baby or anyone was extremely sick, they’re not going to tell you an end timeline to being there. She’s able to say atleast two days, as he’s probably on an IV antibiotic that has another 2 days until it’s done. They are also probably hoping his breathing is fine and good to go home once those antibiotics clear up whatever he’s got going on in his lungs. I agree that he’s not super sick.

Reactions: 19
I think the problem with her stans and why they praise her all the time is because they focus on her words rather than on her actions. They are like kids that always remember what you tell them and if you don't keep a promise or anything you said to them, they will say "but you said...xy".
So, when Sarah says " I'm a positive person, I see the glass half full, I'm a good mom, I pray, I will go through the trenches with Melkai, I run 4 businesses, I workout hard/haven't worked out for two weeks, etc etc, they believe it all. Every word. They don't see the actions, the words in between, they don't compare time when she says something and different narratives to realize she contradics herself all the time. Sarah says she is a positive person. She proceeds to talk negatively to Fox and Kurt, bitching about Fox, about not working out, about eating something she's not meant to eat, but the stans still see the positive Sarah she says she is because she says she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Holy smokes... This is not good. I know we all joked about her reaping the rewards of not properly preparing Fox with a sleep schedule and his own room in time for her due date, but I definitely didn't foresee her baby having a hospital stay.

When our child was a newborn, my spouse would often get distressed and frustrated that pediatricians would tell us to watch and observe, count wet diapers, and wait it out when our newborn showed signs we were concerned about. My close friend is a NICU nurse and she confided that she has to steal herself sometimes because they won't intervene with a fever until it surpasses a certain point for the child's immuno-benefit. All that to say, a hospital stay, a multiple day one at that, is no small thing. Doctors would rather a baby fight through an illness unless there are strong indications of decline.

I'm disgusted and disturbed that they hosted a party while they were all sick, and baby M had already started to show signs of being unwell, no less (which Sarah documented herself). I cannot fathom prioritizing a party over my immunocompromised newborn's wellbeing (because when children are sick, they are especially vulnerable to secondary infections).

I think I've felt frustrated and annoyed by her behavior, but this feels really heavy. Her innocent children are being caught in the cross hairs and it's so horrifying to watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Someone in theast thread said she's waited too long to get her birth vlog out and I agree. She should've had one of her staff edit the video the first few days in hospital and then released malakais photo and the vlog at similar times.
She did the same thing with her wedding, she waited 2-3 weeks and people lost interest as they'd already seen pics and got bored.
She's such a control freak she can't let others do the work for her but she's also so lazy so nothing gets done quickly. She truly will be her own downfall

• Heart
Reactions: 38
👏 - Yes. The photo she just posted in stories of M is heart wrenching. I feel like that and I’m not his mother.

Such an interesting point of focus you bring up. M is getting the care and attention he needs, and perhaps is not as serious as it once was thought to be. But if she can’t be the best she’s got to have it the worst.

Additionally, M is the focus and being monitored but in the medical setting they’re in I wonder if Sarah’s manic presentation online is about being viewed so frankly by all the medical staff all the time. She is somewhat under watch too and I imagine that could be one reason why one min she’s a little girl who seems totally out of her depth when he baby makes a noise and the next a bossbabe ✌ who’s just working away on her laptop and flaunting her healthy snacks. She’s showing us how she thinks her followers want to view her. Not how she’s really feeling. How ever feeling usually translate to some sort of label/ physical manifestation or explanation in Sarah’s mind, so I’d expect a new ‘issue/intolerance’ to arise so she can get some direct empathy for herself - not M.

I’m waiting for some Y7 bible quotes/ photos to try to demonstrate that she’s tired, present but reflective. It’s all in Gods hands, which she may feel absolves her of any and all negligence, and publicly this will sit well with followers, church friends and her parents.

Not sure it will help but here's another way to look at it:

Remember that the baby is in hospital, with qualified doctors and nurses looking after him. The safest place for him to be. They have a duty of care and skills that are better than hers (as opposed to if she were alone with him at home).

Abby and Fox are with Kurt, so getting fed properly.

Sarah- adrenalin-fueled/stressed or not- is still focused enough to film a skincare routine and photoshop a selfie (pic just above). She is manic but not apathetic, not depressed, not ill herself, not unfocused in her thoughts, not fearful. She is present and aware and is not worried (ignore her performative prayers, look at her: she is not worried, she is tired)- likely because the baby is being looked after and she has been told he is stable.

Her family are not involved at all, which they would be if it was a medical emergency. Tahlz is vaccinated and could be with her, but doesn't see the need.

The situation is not as dire as she is projecting. Part of this is engagement boosting activity. The presence of mind to take a selfie and "filter" it to look great suggests that she's not in a mental health crisis, but is in her normal routine.

I am not saying the baby is fine. He is clearly ill. I am not saying she is fine- she is exhausted, if nothing else. But I am saying, they are all in a controlled medical environment and there is no actual sign that things are getting worse. The baby seems stable, her hubby is calm, her family are not rushing to be with her, and she is creating engagement. Things seem stable overall.

Reactions: 16
Yeah, we can’t really have it both ways can we?
People get angry when they aren’t posting about the situation and then angry when they do.
I found the last thread hard to get into, it seems the hatred of Sez is at the point where we are pissed at everything she does.
I was thinking about this, and I believe there is a middle ground. What I suggested earlier was the middle ground: pause all your promotional stuff and don't exploit your son's illness!
They needed one unified post on their grid saying: "Due to unexpected circumstances, we're going to be offline for a while. We'll be back soon." and left it there.

Would it have caused some speculation? Maybe. But whatever the speculation, it would have been better than people thinking the baby was dead because of her vague-booking and baiting posts (what was that post about her praying over his body earth side or something?). I mean, that was just awful and caused a lot of people to panic! That is what leads to wild speculation.

I'd like to think the middle ground of silence on both their channels would have been respected by everyone. It is hard to respect her choice to repeatedly post her baby with his nasal tubes or in his hospital crib, in between ads for skincare products and a Whitefox sweater, as she is now. The last picture of the baby is pure exploitation and it's quite hard to overlook that this is an active choice she is making to garner sympathy for herself.

I do hear you that sometimes people get too nit-picky- I was not in the last thread, but I do feel this happens at various points. In this case, though, the topic is quite sensitive and people are hurting and upset, so I feel they're noticing details and reacting from a place of concern over the baby, not hatred of Sarah.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Wow what a ride. I’ll just say two things:
1- I think this is another perfect example of Sarah Stevenson the person getting blended into Sarah’s Day the business. Her business model is to post often, keep her “sissy’s” updated on her days. So she’s blurred the lines between personal and business too much….to the point where it’s really hard to watch and most of it is coming off as performative.

2-I am getting influenced by Sarah; influenced to do the exact opposite in my pregnancy/motherhood journey😂 But a lot of it is maternal, in the sense that my baby is only 11 weeks in my belly and everything she’s doing is STILL making me shutter. I’ve been looking away for the first time in ages, so thank you everyone here for the updates ❤ I’m keeping up because I want her to get “cancelled” so badly

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Someone in theast thread said she's waited too long to get her birth vlog out and I agree. She should've had one of her staff edit the video the first few days in hospital and then released malakais photo and the vlog at similar times.
She did the same thing with her wedding, she waited 2-3 weeks and people lost interest as they'd already seen pics and got bored.
She's such a control freak she can't let others do the work for her but she's also so lazy so nothing gets done quickly. She truly will be her own downfall
I’m thinking that maybe if the video is graphic as I think I recall her saying that you could see everything, she might not want her staff to edit it? I don’t think I’ll be watching it cause I don’t care enough and don’t want to give her the view but if people lose interest cause she is taking long then I am happy for that 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 17
4th time my thread title has been most upvoted and not chosen - welp - maybe one day!
Heya, sorry about that! It really isn’t intentional.

As I mostly create the new threads, I’ll explain quickly how I chose the thread title. I sort the post by most liked and then scroll through to find any thread titles. If it is something that has been created a little while ago (which now can only be days as these threads are moving fast) I check if there is something next in line closer to the day of thread creation. If it is more relevant to the situation occurring (ie this hospital visit) I will use that one instead as when people google certain terms it brings up the thread page.

It really isn’t intention, and I’m sorry it’s happened 4 times as that must be frustrating! I just try keep it super relevant to get the thread more views etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Wow what a ride. I’ll just say two things:
1- I think this is another perfect example of Sarah Stevenson the person getting blended into Sarah’s Day the business. Her business model is to post often, keep her “sissy’s” updated on her days. So she’s blurred the lines between personal and business too much….to the point where it’s really hard to watch and most of it is coming off as performative.

2-I am getting influenced by Sarah; influenced to do the exact opposite in my pregnancy/motherhood journey😂 But a lot of it is maternal, in the sense that my baby is only 11 weeks in my belly and everything she’s doing is STILL making me shutter. I’ve been looking away for the first time in ages, so thank you everyone here for the updates ❤ I’m keeping up because I want her to get “cancelled” so badly
I agree 100% re the personal vs professional life mix up and it really seems like her stories are where the personal Scummy side comes out.

I wonder how long until we get the "I don't tell you everything, let me have a personal life" narrative, maybe it will come next to the "unfortunately I can't share my full birth vlog because YouTube doesn't want to see my vag" message

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.