Sarahs Day #49 Quick get this baby out so I can start exploiting him for clout

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is this going to be the fastest we’ve ever gone through a thread 😂

I can’t keep up! Loving all the posts though, having a good dose of educating myself on the labour and birth protocols in NSW while also having a little giggle on the side about Ham Solo and DJ Scuz

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Doctors & Nurses of the group….

Would love to know what reasons a baby would need a 24/7 nurse in the room with them??
Sounds pretty serious….or is it just the usual Sezzy bait?
If baby needed 24/7 care they would be in SCU. Only time mum would need 1v1 care would be in the case of a postpartum haemorrhage or something significant but usually that’s done on labour ward not postnatal ward

Reactions: 17
well apparently he has an IV and a 24/7 nurse in the room
Is it just me or does that IV look puffy in his upper arm... I really hope it hasn't tissued and is infiltrating into the surrounding tissue. Hopefully it's just the positioning of the photo.
As for the IV it's likely 10% dextrose to maintain an adequate fluid balance intake prior to Sarahs milk coming in. Of course not all babies need this if their mum is exclusively breastfeeding, but it can be reassuring to know babies are adequately hydrated in the period before milk comes in, especially if they have had a difficult transition to life.
No idea why she has a 24/7 nurse though. In NICU it can be 1 to 1 nursing care for the baby if they have ventilation requirements, but this does not look like that. In NICU there is no rooming in for the mother. If he needed monitoring for apnoeas I don't understand why he's not just in special care and Sarah would go down to him for frequent breastfeeding. Rather than having 1 to 1 nursing at a time of staff shortages??

Reactions: 12
Adding to this, I wonder how long he has had the IV in.. In previous photos he has been burito wrapped which would prohibit visibility of the IV, which can lead to issues such as the line tissuing into the limb without anyone knowing if it isn't checked frequently.
In this case if it isn't an ongoing infusion it could be for antibiotics, which may have been prescribed as apnoeas can be a sign of infection.

Reactions: 7
Sarah's got a 24/7nurse because shes been scheduled underthe mental health act for smacking her head into the wall again

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Just wanted to say my womens health physios recommended recovery compression shorts to me after birth too. Both times. And I wore them one or two days after baby. They’re actually good if you have some abdominal muscle separation. I felt absolutely fine after my births and had no issues wearing getting them on and off the day after, it actually made me feel much more supported. I wasn’t buying into any kind of ‘fad’ or worried about my ‘project comeback’, they’re just not that ununusual
I see that they can be useful for abdominal separation, but what about prolapse? Wouldn’t compression garments be contraindicated due to an increase in intra abdominal pressure?

Any physios out there?

Reactions: 4
I don't think they have covid. The baby is sleeping in the same room as her, not just coming in for feeds. Also they're crappy but I don't think they'd be hanging around unmasked with their newborn if they had covid.
You don’t know much of her at all then because she literally let her toddlah get such a high temperature he had a febrile convulsion and had to be taken to hospital.

Did anyone catch what the person/people in the background of he stories said? I couldn’t make it out properly but something about “hopefully push it all out”

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Sarah's got a 24/7nurse because shes been scheduled underthe mental health act for smacking her head into the wall again
!!! I actually wondered if she was being kept in because of the state of her mental health? My mum had to stay in after both my younger brothers were born because of PND so I was curious (my brothers obviously stayed with her) but that could be a reach. She definitely needs help though

Reactions: 8
She would want to take care holding the baby with such a bend in her wrist. De quervain’s here we come!

Reactions: 3
If baby needed 24/7 care they would be in SCU. Only time mum would need 1v1 care would be in the case of a postpartum haemorrhage or something significant but usually that’s done on labour ward not postnatal ward
I have had two PPH and did not have 1 to 1 care. Initial care was in the labour ward but blood transfusion and iron was given in postnatal and didn't require such constant care.

About the febrile convulsion someone mentioned above, I didn't follow when this happened, but did she do something to add to this? My understanding is that is can happen no matter the parent as it's a sudden rise or drop in temp

Reactions: 5
I am thinking, 24/7 means NiCU? but if they both have covid, they cant put her and her baby in an intensive care department full of fragile baby, so maybe that is why she has a nurse/midwife 24/7?

Reactions: 8
Doctors & Nurses of the group….

Would love to know what reasons a baby would need a 24/7 nurse in the room with them??
Sounds pretty serious….or is it just the usual Sezzy bait?

I had my bub in one of the busier public hospitals in Sydney, and was able to stay 5 days.
I had GD during my pregnancy and baby’s blood sugars were low, and you need to get 3 good levels in a row before you can go home. Wonder if Sezzy never got the test so she didn’t know if she had GD, and bubs has had low sugars. Would explain having to go to SCU every now and then to check sugars….but doesn’t explain the IV
As someone who had two babies in SCU they are often watched by one nurse for 24 hours a day (on a rotation between nurses across shifts of course) until they are considered stable. My kids both had a nurse each when they were in NICU and then when they transferred into SCU but were still in the humidicribs (the big incubator looking things) they had to still be watched by one assigned nurse at all times.

Perhaps he ended up with poo in his lungs during labour from foetal stress? He may also have bradychadia which will stabilise eventually but requires monitoring when they are having a certain amount of "episodes" per hour.

The IV could be explained for a few different reasons depending on his health and how labour went. I had an emergency csec with my kids and they both nearly died whilst being born premature with IUGR and had a drip for the first week.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I’m wondering if the 1:1 nursing is because he should technically be in SCN but because Sarah isn’t vaxxed she can’t go visit. So instead they’ve allowed him to remain with her but still have the special care aspects in her room?

Reactions: 20
Didn’t she express a lot of colostrum before giving birth?? Couldn’t they feed the baby that rather than being on an IV? Makes me think the IV is more for antibiotics than food/fluid 🤔

Reactions: 5
Adding to this, I wonder how long he has had the IV in.. In previous photos he has been burito wrapped which would prohibit visibility of the IV, which can lead to issues such as the line tissuing into the limb without anyone knowing if it isn't checked frequently.
In this case if it isn't an ongoing infusion it could be for antibiotics, which may have been prescribed as apnoeas can be a sign of infection.
Yoochooobs HOLISTIC Princess allowing her child to have IV antibiotics and not an IV of manuka honey??? Wow she's really having to rely on Western Medicine rather a lot.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
At this point shes Yoochoob's most holistic bleep.
She didnt even last one full day with her fake maternal warm fuzzy filter.
Full bleep mode is back on display.

Back to her usual annoying self storying for no reaosn at all. Except maybe to show how she's the best at 2 days pp. Man she needs therapy. I dont know how many mums would be storying the things she has today, 2 days pp.

Haha already showing off by squatting two days post birth. That’s so unsafe and honestly a big finger to most mums Sarah!!
She has serious issues. Her family are dingbats to not see it and bleeping intervene.

@RazzamaTazz every time i see this profile picture I crack up for real. It's the proof of how every single thing about herself that she projects online is antithetic to who she really is.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I wonder if any of the nurses working in the hospital read here??? I would love to be a fly on the wall in that hospital room, even though it'd mean listening to DJSEZBOT for hours on end.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I am thinking, 24/7 means NiCU? but if they both have covid, they cant put her and her baby in an intensive care department full of fragile baby, so maybe that is why she has a nurse/midwife 24/7?
she would not be able to have his bassinet by her bed if he was in NICU. As someone else has mentioned upthread, NICU & SCN are very different levels of care.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.