Sarahs Day #49 Quick get this baby out so I can start exploiting him for clout

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looks like they’re back on the ward though because her bed is in the background?

Reactions: 3
It’s probably likely that Sarah is trying to drum up engagement and sympathy by eluding to the fact that MKT has to stay for extra monitoring, whereas she is just staying the full time for bonding and rest
But she is in public hospital, makes a huge difference. Public hospital DNGAF about keeping a mother admitted, simply for bonding and rest

Reactions: 28
Is she in a public hospital? I had a text book scheduled csection in a private hospital and stayed five nights (hands down, best holiday I've had to date) and they said the stay after a vaginal delivery is four nights. Bugger Scuzz, but I hope everything is ok with little mate.

Reactions: 6
Is she not showing his face because it might show he is / isnt ill? Any mums know any possible reasons why they would have to stay in hospital?
her "few days" could be because of a c-section generally its 2 days but depends on your recovery. Unless there is something drastically wrong with the baby or her social situation is poor the maternity wards aren't able to keep mums in when babies are in special care or nicu. even for feeding they come and go and drop milk off or feed in SCN/NICU
If hes small which he appears to be it could be monitoring just for size, his feeding could be poor or antibiotics for issues during/post birth. If he has a known diagnosis it could be just to make sure he can establish feeding or see if he needs to be tube fed, or oxygen levels but he doesn't seem to be on O2.
If its a private hospital she's more likely to be able to stay
if its public its not likely unless there's extreme circumstances and the midis like her, even special care cannot make them save a bed for here and there is a bit of a baby boom happening in most sydney hospitals at the moment

But a lot of special cares these days have rooms that the parents can stay in for one or max two nights if baby is to be discharged so they can have the opportunity to be fully involved with their care.

her "few days" is probably a bit of an attention seeking statement to be honest. she seems to really enjoy the attention she gets from hospital bed shots and illness

I have no doubt that the stress of being told your baby may have a genetic condition would cause a lot of stress an sadness during a pregnancy for a normal person. I don't believe most of what she says but. I think she hated being pregnant she absolutely hates the loss of control and the baby with possible issues amplified that. she's happy because its over and she can control her body again.

plus oxytocin makes you pretty happy and loving and glowy for all of 3 days after birth

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Even if there is feeding issues with him and he needs to stay in SCN, if she is fine, they still boot the mother out and you just have to come back to SCN as a visitor. The public hospital does not allow the mother to stay in, if she is fine. As someone else said, just takes up a bed.
Just chiming in, I birthed at the same hospital and stayed in for 4 nights as a patient cause my daughter was in SCN and then pending there being available rooms, I was changed to a ‘boarder’ which is charged additionally. so stayed in the same room and additional 3 nights whilst my daughter was being monitored. But if it’s long term yes you have to go home and come back but if there’s availability you can stay :)

Reactions: 12
if she is in a private hospital the special care is equipped for not very sick newborns that require feeds and weight and simple jaundice, but its a bit early for that, otherwise she would get moved to a public NICU or the kids hospital. Even public hospital SCN aren't for sick babies, mainly feeder/growers

Reactions: 2
Is she not showing his face because it might show he is / isnt ill? Any mums know any possible reasons why they would have to stay in hospital?
There’s many reasons. It could also be a tongue tie / breastfeeding issue. I was in for a few extra days whilst they sorted my feeding issues out.

Reactions: 4
Just chiming in, I birthed at the same hospital and stayed in for 4 nights as a patient cause my daughter was in SCN and then pending there being available rooms, I was changed to a ‘boarder’ which is charged additionally. so stayed in the same room and additional 3 nights whilst my daughter was being monitored. But if it’s long term yes you have to go home and come back but if there’s availability you can stay :)
yeah its all to do with beds. If they have one its yours but they don't look after you because your boarding. You were very lucky!! :) its such a good opportunity when it is available and most nurses will work their butts off if they have the room to keep you there for as long as they can

Reactions: 3
DJ Sezbot, Ham(ish) Solo, Manatee Krill Tilse...you guys are the best, thanks for always keeping it light! 🤭 :ROFLMAO: :m

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
She didn’t have a c section. She mentioned she burst a blood vessel in her eye. The only way they would give a c section during the pushing stage is if something is seriously wrong.
she’s likely breastfeeding as well so that combined with her being sick would be enough for the hospital to let her stay with him, pending bed availability (in my experience).

Reactions: 18
The longer the babies head is in the bith canal (being squeezed on top), the more the cone-y the head is. Which could be labor was long and baby was super low, but doesnt necessarily mean they used suction
Yeah my son was crowning for 3 hours..he had MAJOR cone head hahaha

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Being in hospital for a few days after birth isn't "standard" in Australia. To me that says either she is really unwell after birth or she had a c-section (more likely)
Agreed, I would say c-section because even if baby has to stay then they still kick her out after 24hrs if vaginal birth in the public system

Reactions: 2
I guarantee she’s waiting until baby’s cone head reshapes until she posts first full pic (and not baity partial pics). It’s gotta be SuuuuPaH aesthetic guyyyyyyz.
She didn’t give a tit about this for Fox (his first pic was the worst cone head ive ever seen), why would she start caring now?

also throwing in my two cents about the name: they’re going to pull a traditional Christian American move and name the kid after his dad, and call him Micah Kurt Tilse

Reactions: 17
Us speculating why they are still in is exactly what she intended. Baiting again by not showing him or saying why they are still in. Textbook DJ Sezbot

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
She's probably going to wait for a photo/video of Fox and the baby together before posting. I've seen a few family vloggers post sibling introduction videos and they always have super high views and engagement because "it's cute".
If they're staying in the hospital for longer then we're just in for a longer wait.

Also, it seems like last time she posted her birth vlog prior to the name reveal so I'm sure that will happen again with this baby.

Probably sibling photo/baby reveal > birth vlog > name reveal and sibling introduction video last because Fox will say the name out loud.

Reactions: 14
Her voice sounds like someone after intubation to me. I don’t know a single thing about birth - do they intubate for c-sections or for assistance in natural birth?

But she was sick, so could just be raspy from that too. Hopefully she and bub are on the mend and released from hospital soon.

Reactions: 1
Guys “a few days” in Sarah time probably means being discharged tomorrow haha her sense of time is seriously weird. There a million reasons why he might be being monitored it can be as simple as he might’ve pooped during labour and swallowed meconium. I birthed in the same hospital (yes she is definitely at a public hospital) and as said above as long as there are beds they will let you stay with bub for a couple of days especially if breastfeeding.

Reactions: 31
Agreed, I would say c-section because even if baby has to stay then they still kick her out after 24hrs if vaginal birth in the public system
Wtf no they don’t lol. You can choose to leave if you’re/baby is well enough and it’s her second baby so if she was up to it she could leave earlier but I have a feeling she won’t.

Why is Beth now using this emoji 🤦‍♀️ How daft are these people
Because Jesus.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.