Sarahs Day #49 Quick get this baby out so I can start exploiting him for clout

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you also get the feeling that this birth was not as hard as the first one? I mean - who am I to judge, I never had a baby before. But, my first intention wouldn’t be to talk into a phone. I’d rather, „get some sleep“ or stare outside the window processing everything. She looks very chill to me.

Birth hormones are next level! Paired with oxytocin when you’re breastfeeding it usually makes you super chill. The baby blues hits at like 3 days postpartum, when most women feel down cause of the drop in their hormones

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Do you also get the feeling that this birth was not as hard as the first one? I mean - who am I to judge, I never had a baby before. But, my first intention wouldn’t be to talk into a phone. I’d rather, „get some sleep“ or stare outside the window processing everything. She looks very chill to me.
i have a feeling baby was born last night sometime and she didn’t story/talk on stories until like this afternoon. From personal experience my second labour was a lot faster than my first, still painful obvs (4hrs for whole labour, 2 pushes and baby was 9lbs compared to 7hrs after waters breaking and 2hrs of pushing 🥴). in saying that I didn’t even like speaking to my parents/in laws on the phone right after birth lmao.

i was exhausted after birth but couldn’t bring myself to nap, I just don’t feel comfortable sleeping at a hospital alone (where I live my partner wasn’t able to stay overnight even during covid), luckily my second baby was born in the AM and I was home that afternoon.

also not sure if all hospitals in AUS are like this (I gave birth in QLD) but they don’t have normal nurseries for the babies anymore as they practice ‘rooming in’, but obviously have special care if your baby needs it and the NICU.

Reactions: 12
Can’t remember if it was on here or reddit but saw someone guess Wyatt so their names would be Wyatt and Fox (white fox) lmaooo

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I don’t understand how she burst a blood vessel in her eye getting him out? Wasn’t she going to just breathe him out in the water? Wasn’t God going to just float down on a cloud and say “Sarah you are a special smol human” and just kinda pat her on the head and the baby would just slide right out and immediately latch onto her raspberry nips of steel?

• Haha
Reactions: 93
I don’t understand how she burst a blood vessel in her eye getting him out? Wasn’t she going to just breathe him out in the water? Wasn’t God going to just float down on a cloud and say “Sarah you are a special smol human” and just kinda pat her on the head and the baby would just slide right out and immediately latch onto her raspberry nips of steel?
Lmao 🤣
It happens, I had it happen to me but much worse. It was scary to look at but fine.

I don’t think her hoarse voice is from “moaning in labour” my guess is she was yelling/screaming paired with being sick.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Conveniently no mention of what/if pain relief was had. If she’d gone 100% au natural we’d have heard about it instantly.

Sooo, how’d the combs work out for ya, Sarah?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
She said “moaning last night during labour” so if she posted that “BRB” story at 5am she was still labouring at night so sounds like a long-ish labour.

Reactions: 7
We would be setting the bar frightfully low if we all decided she's a decent person just for saying she loves a baby she gave birth to. For those who are new or lurking stans, please scroll back through the threads.
Honestly, reading through the thread updates I decided to jump on and see just how sweet her stories were and.... I mean, I guess it just goes to show how her content leading up to birth was so utterly DOGSHIT for everyone to think that this insta update is somehow redeeming lmfao. It was so pedestrian, and it feels like she purposefully didn't use a filter for this update to play into her redemption arc. Since when has she not used a filter for up close insta stories? Can't think of a single occasion in the last few months, especially because we've hardly seen her melasma bar a few occasions where the filter stopped tracking.

She definitely seems an ounce more human than the DJ Sezbot we're used to, because she's not so bleeping uptight and actually mellowed out from exhaustion, hormones and/or sedatives - Sez, just letting you know that medicinal marijuana became legal in NSW recently ;). I'm just relieved baby is okay, she barely mentions him as usual, whether he's doing fine but just in the SCN for monitoring or he's gotten better or anything. I think some of that might be over compensating or bait for his ""condition"".

I don't have any kind of love goggles for babies so maybe that's just it and all the parents here just relate too much to her, but seriously to the stans and DJ Sezbot herself: set the bar higher.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Thought I'd add some insight to Ham Solo being in special care.

I'm in the UK, though I imagine the way things are done are similar. My daughter and I were on a sort of half-way special care wing of the postnatal ward (I can't actually remember what it was called). This was because I had sepsis and my daughter also had markers for sepsis (low body temp from memory). She was on antibiotics from birth, and nurses would come and take her down to NICU a couple times a day to check her over etc. She never actually had sepsis, just me - I ended up with it due to my waters breaking early and then having a long labour and meconium was present at birth.

I know it was speculated that her waters went early, which is why I also think this could be a possibility for Ham Solo.

Reactions: 5
I think there are so many good perspectives here.

First off, as much as I hate to admit it, I did feel some warm-and-fuzzies watching her story. But then again, I am a mom. It is easy for me to project my feelings and wish those for other people. It doesn't redeem her, but it doesn't mean that some part of that joy isn't genuine (and, as an OB once joked to me, "pregnancy hormones are a crazy drug").

For me personally, seeing her stories and having feelings of happiness is less rooted in her kindness/goodness/sincerity and moreso rooted in my own. Feeling that is understandable, and having emotional exhaustion, being jaded, and not feeling that about her stories is also understandable.

I don't think that acknowledging the happy parts of a new life being born necessarily means that the other stuff is going to be given a free pass (not saying that that is the point y'all are making, just contributing my thoughts).

It would be much easier to identify narcissists/people with personality disorder if they weren't charismatic, or had some (albeit twisted) version of love they make others desire from them. So I don't doubt that there are some facets of her that are grounded in reality and compassion. However we know that they are ultimately warped and twisted by her own doing. It's why people like her achieve such a following despite problematic behavior.

My father-in-law is one such person (a therapist guiding me through navigating his messiness once postulated that he has personality disorder based on his messages to me and my husband). It would be much easier to ostracize people like that if they didn't have moments of genuine love (albeit displayed in an unhealthy way).

Personality disorder in particular is a tricky one because people that suffer from it truly cannot process information that contradicts their perception of reality. So it goes beyond an unwillingness to admit wrong, it is an incapability to perceive wrongdoing.

In Sarah's case, it is extremely harmful because (as so many people in this forum can testify) she has the power to influence others into a poor state of mental health or dangerous behaviors.

TL;DR It's normal to have compassion for a mother who just gave birth, and it is also normal to be unable to have those feelings in response to someone that we know drives others towards disordered thinking. Narcissists are tricky like that, they can trigger other people's genuine feelings of love.

Edit: "aren't" to "are"

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Is she wearing…..active wear…in hospital….just after giving birth?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Thought I'd add some insight to Ham Solo being in special care.

I'm in the UK, though I imagine the way things are done are similar. My daughter and I were on a sort of half-way special care wing of the postnatal ward (I can't actually remember what it was called). This was because I had sepsis and my daughter also had markers for sepsis (low body temp from memory). She was on antibiotics from birth, and nurses would come and take her down to NICU a couple times a day to check her over etc. She never actually had sepsis, just me - I ended up with it due to my waters breaking early and then having a long labour and meconium was present at birth.

I know it was speculated that her waters went early, which is why I also think this could be a possibility for Ham Solo.
My daughter was born 41+5 and there was meconium present. The birth wasn’t long, but sometimes if the baby is distressed there can be meconium. She spent a few nights in special care, but could also come into my room as well!
Just thought I’d add my experience

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.