Sarah’s Day #37 Kurt’s probably wishing he’d swiped the other way, but he stays for Sarah's pay day

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
🇩🇪 25 🙋🏼‍♀️
I started watching her YouTube videos late 2016, she had 147k or so on yt then. I binge watched almost all of her uploaded videos in a few days, you can tell I was invested fastly. When she started crying over her second week of lockdown a few weeks ago I lost my tit, as we were in a strict lockdown for more than 7 months in Germany and she was no longer accountable for me. I am proud to announce that I unfollowed her a few days ago 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Any guesses on what her BiG pRojeCts are? The podcast seems pretty obvious, I think they’re just pre-filming new episodes.
But any ideas on the ‘Sarah’s day’, Sunee, and secret project?

Im guessing a new activewear collection for Sarah’s day.
For sunee, idk what they could possibly do to help the app? Maybe have additional recipe creators contribute? But that wouldn’t add much extra work on her end.
secret project, maybe something skincare related? Or maybe she’s planning on doing a re-brand? More into mom/lifestyle and less fitness?

• Sick
Reactions: 13
Reading everyone’s stories is so sad !!! A friend put me onto sarah when I was 20 and I copied her to a T while working a full time job, I’d go to work after an intense workout in the morning on a bloody protein smoothie full of tropeaka powders and half a banana and water. Then I’d binge on fruit and nut mix later on in the afternoon because I was starving. I became a bit of a binger and I blame Sarah entirely for it. I was scared of food. I restricted literally everything and binged on all her “snacks” like her and told myself “I’m a snacker” just like her !!!!! But she wasn’t a snacker !!!! She was a binger. But I told myself it’s okay to not eat all day and binge on just healthy food coz that’s literally what she said one day in one of her vlogs. She had had a long day and had just did groceries and then there was a shot of her consuming nearly an entire bag of fruit and nut mix and she literally said “it’s ok to binge on healthy food”
🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢
When I think back to it I’m just disgusted. So I would be scared of all food and only binge on food sezzy ate. I’m fine now, food is food. But wow I can’t believe how warped she was/still is.

it’s actually so insane to think about “influencers” like this and how we adapt and copy them. It’s almost cult like, it IS cult like and it’s actually very very dangerous. I recently actually unfollowed a whole bunch of influencers that don’t make me feel good and I’m now only following people who actually are genuine. I like to think of myself as pretty of sound mind so it’s so crazy to me that I got so sucked in. I’m not very easily influenced with most things so it’s so insane that she got me right when I was at a weak point.
They actually prey on insecure people and make money off them when you think about it ??? It’s actually sick.
I really wish social media kinda just stayed how it was back in the early 2000s lol imagine Sarah working a full time job now.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Any guesses on what her BiG pRojeCts are? The podcast seems pretty obvious, I think they’re just pre-filming new episodes.
But any ideas on the ‘Sarah’s day’, Sunee, and secret project?

Im guessing a new activewear collection for Sarah’s day.
For sunee, idk what they could possibly do to help the app? Maybe have additional recipe creators contribute? But that wouldn’t add much extra work on her end.
secret project, maybe something skincare related? Or maybe she’s planning on doing a re-brand? More into mom/lifestyle and less fitness?
Here's my thoughts:

Sunee: a cookbook that fans wanted from the start instead of an app
SD product launch: SD branded resistance bands. We saw them on her stories a few months ago.
Secret Project: Could be anything tbh. Maybe launch her own fitness equipment but that requires effort and would likely be a collab. A secret project implies it's hers, like Sunee and her ebooks. Whatever it is will probably be another attempt to create a passive income so she can step back from YT (like Sunee was supposed to do).

• Sick
Reactions: 22
Or maybe she is going to copy Kayla and make an exercise app 🤔 which is what she should have done to start with…..what was she thinking a recipie app 😂🤣 she’s not known for her cooking she’s known for health and fitness.
she can make crappy smoothies and protein balls for free on her YouTube and sell her exercises on the app…

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Hi everyone! I want to join in 🤣 I’m 22, originally from 🇬🇧 but living in Sardinia 🇮🇹 for 4 years now.

I first found Sarah around 2017, whilst I was in a really dark place. I had just ran away from home, 2 weeks after my 17th birthday - I grew up in an extremely unhealthy home with a lot of domestic, emotional and sexual abuse where my every move was controlled and having just managed to escape, I was experiencing for the first time what it was like to be able to make decisions for myself. I could choose everything for the first time in my life and was trying to build an image of what a “good life” should look like. I was suffering with PTSD, anxiety and depression, added to struggles with eating disorders since I was around 8 or 9 years old. All of this to say, I now recognise that at that time I was in a vulnerable place and extremely open and receptive to positive-seeming role models like Sarah, as a ‘guide for a good life’ kind of way. She was successful, healthy, fit, funny, warm and always doing new and different things and coming out with exciting projects. She seemed the epitome of what I wanted for the new life I was trying to create for myself.

I quickly became a fan of hers, and that continued to a peak around the time she was pregnant with Fox. I’m ashamed to say I had notifications turned on for everything she posted, even her Insta stories 🤦🏻‍♀️ it makes me cringe so much now. I was so jealous of her life. It seemed she had everything I wanted so badly, the beautiful house, the great job, the perfect family, enough money to not be able to worry all the time, an amazing body and being perfectly in tune with her body all the time.

Her way of talking about food and exercise was a big trigger for me - with my experience with ED I have never had a healthy relationship with food/exercise and what she describes she does is so, so far from what I experience. I felt disgusting for not having the willpower to just be more like Sarah and eat a salad instead of a bowl of pasta. I felt hideous for my binges (not the kind of binge on fruit and nut mix that Sarah talks about feeling so guilty for..) and that lead me to want to hide it even more, making the whole vicious cycle worse. I felt like it was my fault that I couldn’t try hard enough to just do the same things Sarah did.

Not only her relationship with health, but also her and Kurt’s attitude to work and “hustle”. I used to listen to the Health Code (the long-form one) obsessively, and I can really remember just how incredibly lazy and “unmotivated” they made me feel. They go on about the “hustle” life, about always pushing yourself to do more and that everyone should have a side-hustle and that if you don’t like where you are then it’s on you to change things (and whilst I can understand this point of view, it’s really often not that simple especially for people coming from poorer communities, POC, and people like me who have zero support network to rely on). Hearing all this whilst I was on an extremely low wage, doing a job that was really stressful, working 40 hours a week whilst trying to also study to pass my exams, and in the midst of a massive depressive spell; it made me feel so worthless, that what I was doing wasn’t anywhere near enough and that if only I had a bit more energy and willpower, I could turn my life around just like Sarah and Kurt had done. If only I could just try harder, get myself a freaking “side-hustle”, I could have everything that they had - but it was just myself and my “laziness” that was stopping me.

The first thing that started to seem off to me was their lack of empathy. Sarah had talked about being an empath in the past and I really related to that, but then there were so many instances when both her and Kurt showed such a lack of understanding to what real people go through in normal life. They have the mentality that if you’re poor, it’s your fault. If you’re sick, it’s your fault. If you’re unhappy or depressed, it’s your fault. I started to understand that she is anything but empathetic.

Then came the bushfire fiasco, and that shocked me. Seeing her crying in the car that time… that seriously started to make me see that perhaps she was not exactly the person that she portrayed online. That said, it was really confusing to me because in her comments I could only find hundreds of positive messages telling her she’s an inspiration and not to listen to the “haters”. That made me double guess myself a bit and made me think that maybe I was imagining things.

After that came braidsgate and her reaction to BLM and her making it so abundantly clear that she is a closet racist, and that shattered any remains of the love affair instantly. Being able to physically witness for myself her deleting comments from POC and allies, and continually leave up and even like comments that encouraged racism and made fun of the situation was sickening. I felt disgusted that this was the person I had been supporting blindly for years.

After that I continued to watch, I don’t know why I didn’t unfollow straight away but something about it made me keep following her, it’s like a car crash when you just can’t look away. As soon as I realised who she truly was it seemed so blatantly obvious. Then came the disaster that was Sunee, and I remember being shocked at how badly she was bleeping up, not responding to paying customers, etc and somehow found my way over to Tattle just after she launched the app and the bad reviews were coming in.

And thanks to Tattle, my eyes were fully opened to the massive web of lies that is Sarah’s Day. Every single thing she says and does is calculated, fake, and manipulative. She contradicts herself with every sentence that comes out of her mouth. I still can’t understand how I never saw any of this 4 years ago, how I used to idolise her totally. I even thought she had the perfect relationship 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Jesus Christ I look back on my old self with such pity 🤣🤣🤣🤣

As time goes by she reveals more and more of her true self, and it is truly an honour to be here watching this (slow, but steady in my opinion) car crash that is Sarah’s Day with all of you guys 🤣♥ I’m so grateful for all the receipts, opinions, and personal stories you’ve all shared over the years that really helped to open my eyes to how bleeping crazy she is but also how disordered that way of living truly is, and more importantly given me examples of a much healthier and happier version of what life can be.

I tend more to lurk than post but I just want to reiterate how happy I am to have found this community. You have all opened my eyes to such intelligent points of view on such varied topics, from pregnancy, fertility issues, motherhood, race, privilege to health, fitness, work, and more. I feel that you have enriched my world view in many ways, and not to mention the fact that you are so hilarious! I’ve started to look forward to waking up so I can read what you guys over in Aus have been chatting about while I’ve been sleeping. It’s great to know there are such hilarious, like-minded, inspirational people out there, some of you so far away but all so close to my heart. Thank you!

PS. Oh God this is so long. Sorry!! It was really therapeutic to sit and write out exactly why I feel the way I do about Sarah. I hate so much that we’re blindly labelled hAtErS when in reality most of us are ex-fans of Sarahs who have been burned one too many times and had their eyes opened to who she really is when she’s not in front of the camera!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 106
hi! been lurking for a bit but finally made an account
i’ve been following sezdog since probably 2015/2016. became gluten free and dairy free and followed exactly what sarah posted in her what i eat in a day. bought ebook 1 and even some active wear. and the dang armpit burning pitty party. in the past year i’ve felt super uncomfy by her & am so stoked i found these threads. it’s been so educating on things i didn’t even realize while watching so thanks

🇺🇸26

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Given the lockdown is ending in Sydney this week, it will be interesting to see if I her life changes at all. It would be very easy for her to hide her vaccination status because it’s not as though she’s an overly social person, which is fine, and she also is not a candidate for Botox or fillers at the moment given she’s pregnant. After what happened to Sam Frost, there’s no way she’d speak out either.

Reactions: 18
28 🇺🇲
Started watching her in the fall of 2018. I was vegan at the time, and stumbled upon her “why I’m no longer vegan” video on YouTube. I was hooked right away, and binge-watched all of her videos from the beginning in a week or two.
Thankfully, I never purchased any of her crap, but I definitely adopted a lot of her habits. After the first week of watching her, I added some meat back into my diet (and got food poisoning from it because I can’t cook :(). I then found free copies of her ebooks and downloaded them, and basically tortured myself every morning at the gym before work, then would come home and binge in the evenings and hate myself for it. And I would wonder how she could get away with it and stay thin but I couldn’t.
Anyway, I think I must have googled her at some point after about a year of following, and I found the GG threads about her. I’ve lurked on and off since then, and have thoroughly enjoyed reading them. It’s helped me to stop copying her lifestyle, which has also helped me to stop the binge cycle.
Also, I have a son about a year younger than Fox, and I can’t imagine treating him the way she treats that little boy. It makes me nauseous. I’ve had to stop watching stories with him in them because it makes my heart hurt for him.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
30 🇦🇺

I realised I never actually introduced myself here. Sorry for the essay.
Finding you smart, beautiful and witty souls has been a highlight of my Victorian locky-d. I can’t tell you how validating it was discovering I wasn’t the only one that found Sarah’s content and actions left me with a bad taste in my mouth as rotten as a watery, ½ banana grey matter sludgie.

I found her via the healthcode poddy and was initially drawn to her positivity and bubbly persona. But as someone with an ED and who continues to battle the beast I soon noticed how triggering her obsessive fitness, dieting, ShReDdInG talk was for me and her constantly perpetuating this idea that self-worth and weight/being fit are intertwined.

I actually unfollowed a couple of years ago because of how bad she made me feel, and then recently followed again when I was in a better headspace, mainly out of curiosity to see what was going on in her life. It was kind of like catching up on an old friend I guess. But unfollowed yet again a few weeks ago after the manic baby/gender spam.

However my first break from her blessed me with fresh eyes and a newfound sense of self-worth and sezzy-scepticism, that allowed me to see for the first time the huuuuge disconnect between her words and actions.

As someone has pointed this out previously, a big thing for me was how she’d brag about having this huge appetite but then didn’t really eat a lot. In fact she’d openly promote skipping meals in What I Eat in a Day vlogs after “Recipe testing ALL DAY and eating SOOOO much cake you guiiizzzz. I’m just being honest because I’m so real and raw”. When you have an ED, you can’t help but really nitpick and compare yourself to what other people eat, so I found this to be quite harmful not only to myself but her extremely impressionable young audience, and then just the blatant lying around not caring about her weight and not *shredding for the wedding* but then posted that workout video comparing calories burned????? Like who are you fooling at this point?

Then the braids and their non-apology video.

There was no turning back from here.

I found it so was repulsive.

The *I’d-never-hurt-anyone-because-I’m-a-sweet-innocent-fragile-baby-bird-who’s-being-bullied-by-big-meanies-when-I’ve-done-nothing-wrong-and-dedicate-my-life-to-making-people-happy* sorry excuse for an apology made me physically cringe at the shameless display of white privilege.

Then after all that…..they post a video of Kurt playing a didgeridoo……..how.bleeping.dumb.can.two.people.be

It’s not just they didn’t learn anything from being called out for cultural appropriation, they didn’t WANT to learn anything. They didn’t make any real effort to be informed or accountable for the hurt they caused, regardless of whether it was intentional or not, and it showed.

I hate that she’s never considered the impact on her followers, or used her platform for good instead of blatant show of narcissism and a highly ignorant, sheltered and privileged life.

TLDR: I love it here. Thank you for having me <3

• Heart
Reactions: 38
has it been confirmed that they didn’t get vaccinated? This photo is extremely triggering if they haven’t…
In my experience over the past year, anyone who's vaccinated documents/posts/talks about it, especially if they have an audience. And we know Sarah would want the head pats and she documents everything. So no post = not vaccinated IMO.

Reactions: 46
In my experience over the past year, anyone who's vaccinated documents/posts/talks about it, especially if they have an audience. And we know Sarah would want the head pats and she documents everything. So no post = not vaccinated IMO.
I also think the fact neither her or Kurt posted stories of this BBQ confirms they’re not vaccinated. Especially Sarah, she has no social life so once in a blue moon when she does something exciting she loooovesss over posting it

ETA: in NSW whole picnics are allowed for vaccinated people, you can only have 5 people. Brenton tagged Kurt and some other guy. I would assume Sarah , Beth and the other guys wife would be there too (quickly stalked his Insta). Sarah also looks like she’s talking to someone to the left of Kurt and just to the right of Kurt it kind of looks like there’s someone sitting there, meaning there’s three people on the picnic blanket, and hence more than 5 people at their picnic? Obviously this is pure speculation and I definitely could be wrong / have no proof… but I wouldn’t put it past them to break the 5 person rule

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
has it been confirmed that they didn’t get vaccinated? This photo is extremely triggering if they haven’t…
My bloody legit ran cold seeing this. It’s also not hard to report them to crime stoppers since their address is pretty public…

• Heart
Reactions: 31
37 🇦🇺 Checking in for roll call 😂

first heard about Sarah with the braids controversy but didn’t start following her then. One of my close friends followed her and she brought her up a couple of months later so I checked out her youtube. I didn’t really watch any of the food vlogs because I wasn’t interested so just watched Day in the life and then the pregnancy ones. Came to tattle with the deLiCaTE fAmiLy mAtTeR and have loved every minute here 😂😍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
26 🇩🇪 (any other potatos here?)
I found Sarah by chance when her "telling my bf I'm pregnant"-vid popped up on youtube. I usually don't watch those kinds of vids but I watched hers because I thought Kurt was hot (LOL) and got hooked. Without getting into it too much, her content exacerbated the ED I thought I had defeated and a few months later I weighed 52kg at 5'9", zero muscle tone too. I went from anorexia to orthorexia and nearly worked myself to death because of the "hustling 24/7"-tit she preaches. I think I'm generally a quite reflected person so the fact I fell for her bs shows how damn convincing she can be. She caught me at one of my insecurities and that was it. Still have orthorexia, still struggle to like my body. I don't doubt it's at least partly because she's been allowed to spew her bullshit un-moderated and without someone stepping in.
Ngl, this forum keeps me sane because when I go to her IG or YT, it gives me immense guilt although I know she's full of tit
[/QUOTE]
🇦🇺 29
I’ve shared before but yeah similar to me! I found her around the same time and I was in my ED recovery journey and I went from semi recovered from anorexia/bulimia to orthorexia, back down to a really low weight following her lifestyle and workouts and was happy ignoring the fact that it wasn’t sustainable and it could eventually lead back into a very easy slip into a darker ED than orthorexia.
She’s dangerous and in addition to her slapping the wellness lifestyle onto her disordered eating, her anti science medical advice is even more alarming. Lucky I was never influenced by that because I was actually educated on the subjects, but even I was influenced by her barely camoflauged ED, I can see how easily it would be for someone else to be influenced and it could end tragically for someone.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My bloody legit ran cold seeing this. It’s also not hard to report them to crime stoppers since their address is pretty public…
So triggering! I can feel a cancellation coming on - Botox > vaccination

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.