Sarah’s Day #37 Kurt’s probably wishing he’d swiped the other way, but he stays for Sarah's pay day

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
28 🇬🇧 (But live in Australia)

started following her before moving to Sydney about 5 years a go. I honestly though every single Sydney woman was like her and I was low key scared of coming over. I feel like I mostly kept following her because I found her comical (to laugh AT). Now I hate follow because I’m petty 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 27
40 🇸🇰 but living more than a half of my life in🇪🇸.
I thought I was the oldest!!! Nice to see so many different ages.
The first ever video I saw was her fitness journey. When she showed her "bulky" version in that vlog, I thought, girl that's how I look and I'm so ok with my body so I just didn't care. But I binge watched her older vlogs anyways and started to follow her because I found her easy to listen to in terms of english (basically my main reason was to practice the language). Soon I realized she was not ok. I didn't see all the sponsor thing and adds, I was too genuine. But soon she started to irritate me and I thought there must be someone else feeling the same way and I googled and found GG. Then I took a break because hate watching wasn't doing me any good but then there was Tattle and here I am.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
30 🇦🇺 But living overseas.

Found her through the hormonal acne video. She was charismatic but her whole ‘thing’ was more about health and fitness and I was in a place where I just wasn’t interested in being influenced by other people’s diet and exercise (past disordered eating stuff).

I stopped following but my co-worker was a stan and told me she was pregnant so I got back into her for the pregnancy. I couldn’t buy her stuff since I was preparing to go overseas but I did buy her eBook for the bushfires.

Over the years I had been slightly confused to her reactions to things ie her ‘PCos’ problems, bushfire-bank incident, braids incident and slowly distanced myself. Just got sick of her this year finally and googled ‘Sarah’s day problematic’ to find this site. I was embarrassed that I was becoming one of those haters she always talked about and that’s why my username is generic because I didn’t want to admit to myself that I was the kind of person that would write online about someone BUT I find this to be a generally good community who wants to share their experience and call out her BS.

My previously mentioned co-worker, in hindsight, got sucked into the orthorexia and really struggled.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Hi 🇭🇲 39 but immigrated here long time ago originally from 🇩🇪 for the love for an Aussie. I’ve found her listening to the health code when they interviewed Karissa Pukas who I watched on YouTube and still follow. Hate that she loves Sarah but still like her though.

Started watching Sarah out of curiosity because I found the podcast back then endearing 🤪
She was pregnant with Fox at the time. Oh boy did I quickly realise how nuts this girl is and looked through the comments if anyone else picked up on the intense exercises and food restriction whilst very pregnant. She would only have a smoothie for breakfast after she worked out. I found that insane. But nope only praise in the comments.
So went googling to find any commentary on this. She had a big following and surely there is critic out there. Viola found GuruGossiper and then followed on to Tattle.

I’ve never bought anything from her. I can’t think of anything of hers that I would really like and spend that much money on.🙈 But also just was never a fan/stan.

I do find her sometimes just funny and it’s a mix of hate watching and entertainment. I can’t explain it. She is super obnoxious most of the time though.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Ok, I’ll finally post!
27 🇦🇺

I’ve lurked for a few weeks now since the baiting controversy after looking for any information.
I’ve followed our lovely Scuzz for about 4 years now. I struggled with Ortha since 2012 when thinspo was the in and finding Scuz and the lifestyle that they lived incredibly motivating/inspiring like I lived vicariously through her. I had a baby in October 2018 so followed a bit of her pregnancy along side mine and then obviously NB stage. What started really getting me was her persistent “project comebacks” (that only happened once or twice) and this really fuelled my PPDA that I didn’t bounce back or look the way she did after birth.
Nonetheless I continued to fall trap to her BS:
1) My husband found a free copy of the Ebooks, which I stupidly followed for 8 weeks despite having an actual education in fitness and nutrition 🤦🏻‍♀️.
2) I bought poopy bloom, thinking it would help bloating- it was like super bland cordial but gritty.
3) Heaps of Tropeaka products, the protein is gross and anyone who needs a good protein powder Prana Power is the best vegan I’ve ever had (and I’ve tried pretty much all of them).
4) active wear, I got the recent leggings and they fit really weird like they are too big in the crotch area but the material is actually really nice just I’ll fitting.
5) La bang. HATE pity party same reaction to it as most did. The body butter waslike literal butter and the massage bars were just weird.
6) Tried most of her food “hacks” like chia seeds and massage your greens. Some of them I didn’t mind but all were something I couldn’t seem to keep doing.
I’m sure there has been more but now I kinda just hate watch her page now, I’m pretty annoyed with the way she is spreading already bad advice and really stringing out the “drama” but love seeing that I’m not the only one who feels this way too!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
This community of " jealous haters that don't have a life and say ugly things although they're invited not to say anything if they don't have something nice to say" is growing!!!!! I love it!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
26 🇩🇪 (any other potatos here?)
I found Sarah by chance when her "telling my bf I'm pregnant"-vid popped up on youtube. I usually don't watch those kinds of vids but I watched hers because I thought Kurt was hot (LOL) and got hooked. Without getting into it too much, her content exacerbated the ED I thought I had defeated and a few months later I weighed 52kg at 5'9", zero muscle tone too. I went from anorexia to orthorexia and nearly worked myself to death because of the "hustling 24/7"-tit she preaches. I think I'm generally a quite reflected person so the fact I fell for her bs shows how damn convincing she can be. She caught me at one of my insecurities and that was it. Still have orthorexia, still struggle to like my body. I don't doubt it's at least partly because she's been allowed to spew her bullshit un-moderated and without someone stepping in.
Ngl, this forum keeps me sane because when I go to her IG or YT, it gives me immense guilt although I know she's full of tit
Yes, another Potato here!! 🇩🇪 24
I started watching her youtube videos when she got together with kurt, then somehow unfollowed for a while. I came back when she uploaded her „I’m pregnant!“ video but got very wary of her seemingly artificial persona.
Back then she already started to feel pretty inauthentic to me. I then found GG and tattle and that fully opened my eyes/confirmed my suspicions.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
32 🇿🇦
I found Sarah through Ashy Bines 🤣 Back when Ashy posted Sarah’s fridge as inspiration, when she was trying to get Sarah to do a YouTube video with her. I really enjoyed watching Sarah’s initial YouTube videos. Think I stopped when she dressed like a fairy and threw her bliss balls over walls in her neighbourhood 🙈
I don’t follow either Ashy or Sarah anymore 🤣 but I enjoy following along here on this thread!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
33 🇦🇺

She came up on my explore feed on Insta. I glimpsed at her profile and was like “interior decorating, colourful recipes, likes to organise and plan stuff, cool.” *follow*
I didn’t actually read any of her captions so I didn’t really know she was an idiot yet.

As soon as I started watching her stories and seeing her new posts/paying attention to the captions I was like WOW THIS CHICK IS AN IDIOT! I didn’t understand how she had so many followers and why so many people I knew were liking her posts so I googled her and came across a YouTube video where she ate sliced cucumber with cinnamon on it as a snack. And then made a hot chocolate with coconut oil in it to fill her up. I couldn’t believe it and noticed that no one in the comments seemed to state that they thought this was problematic. Was I the only one?

I then stumbled across GG and committed to reading everything on there, then moved over to tattle. I thought it was really cool that there were other people who shared a lot of the same thoughts as me, and weren’t blind to her bullshit.

I don’t wish anything bad upon her as a human being, but she needs to be cancelled and I don’t need to tell you guys WHY because you’re all smart, strong women who can see ALL the reasons! 👏🏼 👏🏼 👏🏼

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
32 🇦🇺

I used to lurk the beauty-guru GG threads, Sarah would come up on my YouTube reccs so I gave her a go since she seemed more relatable. I saw so many red flags early on and I was stoked when the GG thread started because I was like THANK duck people see it too and got involved.

I had a younger friend who fell fully down the rabbit hole to her way of life. Got all the tit, tried (and failed) her program, even spoke about getting a cavoodle named Abby even though she didn't like dogs 🙄 The fact one ignorant individual had so much influence was astounding.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Hello everyone, I rarely post but I read everything and honestly this page has got me through the 250+ days of Melbourne lockdown. I love reading the thread at night, then waking up in the morning to see what people on the other side of the world wrote while Australia was asleep 😴 you’re all so fkn smart and funny, thanks for the many lols, can’t wait to see what tea this next week brings…

to others who are lurking you should make an account and say hi! 💕

🇦🇺 30

• Heart
Reactions: 59
According to most liked posts there's atleast 234 of us
Obviously the most liked is a recent recap and it's impossible not to react to them

Reactions: 10
after the backlash that Sam frost (another Aussie influencer / former bachelorette for those not in Aus!) has gotten after publicly stating she’s anti vaxx, I doubt scuzza will mention her stance on vaxxs anytime soon!

She’s been reeeeeal quiet today - no doubt up to some illegal gatherings/activities.

Reactions: 29
28, Sydney! 🇦🇺
I actually got put onto Sarah by a friend, she mentioned she’d done something and I was like ‘who?’. So I followed. I went and watched all her old content and got really hooked on the day in the life vlogs first. Then any with eating. I have an ED history and was trying to lose some weight and just got hooked. I made all her gross tahini dressings and had banana slices with cinnamon etc and convinced myself I wasn’t absolutely starving. I was pregnant with my first at the same time she was with Fox. I didn’t feel super bad about my image or anything as I never felt her whole lifestyle was what I wanted (never been huge on working out). And then I honestly can’t remember what my turning point was. I think she started to annoy me little by little with her complaining on stories all of a sudden and I googled and ended up here! I think once she drops her ‘what’s wrong’ video I’ll leave tbh. I find her so boring I can’t get through her stories and just read here now. And I’ll search her baby name when it comes and be done.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
24 🇬🇧
I started watching her when Fox was a baby because my friend showed me her and he was ADORABLE. I only had her on insta and never really watched her YouTube stuff. I knew she was a bit sketchy with the cultural appropriation scandal and then with the bushfire stuff. I found out she was bad when my bf found an article about her CIN3 fraud and was like 'dont you follow her" so then I went into a HUGE internet hole into all her scandals and then found Tattle and it's been very entertaining to watch her crumble 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.