Sarah's Day #29 Friends were gifted Sunee, cos none wanted to waste their own $$$

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to ask.. does Sydney have a 10km restriction on where you can drive from home? Sarah’s recent story they drove a good 30mins for a bush walk.. is that even allowed?
Yes even for outdoor exercise you can only stay within a 10k radius. These two are either too stupid or don’t give a flying duck.

Reactions: 18
I have to ask.. does Sydney have a 10km restriction on where you can drive from home? Sarah’s recent story they drove a good 30mins for a bush walk.. is that even allowed?
Yes 10km only. If you want to go for a walk in the bush, Kurnell is the only acceptable distance from Cronulla. Or you could catch a ferry to Bundeena I think (not sure).
I feel soooo lucky to live in Cronulla during this lockdown, there's so much we can still do compared to other suburbs. We are in a very privileged position for sure and there's no need to drive far. We usually go hiking in different locations every weekend but hey, not now and that's okay, it's not forever.

Reactions: 19
It is 10km or within your LGA, so they could drive to Royal National park and still comply with rules

Reactions: 10
I had a similar feeling today when I went for my walk. I live in a locked down area in QLD. I'm wearing my mask but most people are out not wearing a mask at all. I also happened to walk past a playground and heaps of parents were talking amongst each other without masks. The restrictions clearly say that it's mandatory to wear a mask unless participating in strenuous exercise. Didn't realise that standing/ sitting talking to people counted as that.
If you don't mind saying which part of QLD do you live in? I am in the Redlands and my experience was the opposite. We wore masks walking our dog and most people who we saw around were also.

There is confusion but we always er on the side of caution and wear it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It is 10km or within your LGA, so they could drive to Royal National park and still comply with rules
I think this is quite confusing. Pretty sure the rule means either 10km or border of your LGA whatever is closest. So if the your LGA border is 6km away, you can't go further or if your LGA border is 15km away, you should only go 10km.
But the guidelines are VERY confusing in every aspect.

Reactions: 12
Since when are “no worries” and “heaps” Aussie slang. I’m pretty sure those words are used all over the world. And also why does she always try to push this narrative that aussies don’t wear shoes? Every time she does a Q&A she says the same thing, why is it such a flex that they let fox walk around without shoes on?
having lived in Aus, UK & US - heaps is only used in Australia in that context & is definitely Aussie slang - and no worries is pretty Aussie too

Reactions: 9
I haven’t read ahead but it’s definitely a 10km rule.

Reactions: 4
I think it’s fucked up how she talks about oh I haven’t talked to my ‘besties’ for days we usually sit and have ‘car chat d&m’s’. That’s not a deep and meaningful Sarah that’s just you talking about yourself. Probably why she doesn’t have actual friends she couldn’t listen to them or take on any feedback

• Haha
Reactions: 37
It’s 5km but only for the Blacktown, Campbelltown, Canterbury-Bankstown, Cumberland, Fairfield, Georges River, Liverpool and Parramatta LGAs. Which is silly bc all of Sydney is affected and Covid doesn’t just stop to think to itself ‘oh, these guys are from Cronulla, I’ll just stick to the high LGAs areas only’ (eg the 30min travel for a bush walk).
Ahhh I see. Sorry your lockdown rules are so confusing. When NZ went into level 4 lockdown we couldn’t go more that 5km from home.. it didn’t matter if there was a hot spot or not. No wonder no ones following the rules 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 8
Stay tuned for the sunee rip off of a choc covered Katie deep dish cookie pie.

Not trying to nappy shame mums but I had to laugh at Dee posting aboutdrinking from plastic lids and plastic this and plastic that and then you scroll down to a pic of her kid and it’s disposables… you thinks she’d be a cloth mum but these witches are only eco and anti plastic when it suits.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Ahhh I see. Sorry your lockdown rules are so confusing. When NZ went into level 4 lockdown we couldn’t go more that 5km from home.. it didn’t matter if there was a hot spot or not. No wonder no ones following the rules 🤦‍♀️
Here in Adelaide it was no more than 2.5km from home unless essential (I think).

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Whenever you guys use the word Bogan the only UK thing that comes to mind is ‘chav’ or the stereotype of ‘council estate’ but that doesn't seem to mirror Sarah.

Edit - I googled

Bogan is the most significant word to be created in Australian English in the past 40 years. It is defined as "an uncultured and unsophisticated person; a boorish and uncouth person" in the 2016 edition of the Australian National Dictionary.25 Mar 2019

Why didn't Sarah include that in her Australian slang.

P.S to @Mathilderose99 we use the word heaps in England, in the north anyway.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
If you don't mind saying which part of QLD do you live in? I am in the Redlands and my experience was the opposite. We wore masks walking our dog and most people who we saw around were also.

There is confusion but we always er on the side of caution and wear it.
Inner north.

Reactions: 5
More slop for breakfast guyyyys! For best results make sure to serve it in a tiny bowl and give most of it to your toddlah (who totally never has protein supplements even though I’m constantly on camera giving him protein supplements).
🤢🤢🤢🤢 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Don’t get me wrong, porridge is delicious, but how does she manage to make everything she cooks grey?! It’s a skill at this point. Either the #tropeaka or she’s so used to upping the tit out of the brightness/contrast settings on everything that no filter reveals a whole new shade of greige, to match her personality.
“But he wanted some of mine today” yours with protein powder? Isn’t it dangerous to give your kids protein powder?

I’m starting think that Sarah doesn’t care if she gets positive or negative attention anymore. As long as she gets engagement and people know her name.

Reactions: 19
Why is Fox awake at 8:20pm? He looks very hyped up :| yelling at the Olympics on the TV. Sigh. Such a crazy toddlahhhh.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Did brenton parkes’ anti vax ‘comedy’ bouncer video get deleted by Instagram..? If it did I have some faith restored in society

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Yikes, no wonder they have a hard time getting fox to sleep.
But I think scuzzy does it on purpose, because if it wasn't difficult, she'd have nothing to complain about.

• Angry
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.