Sarah's Day #29 Friends were gifted Sunee, cos none wanted to waste their own $$$

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay off-topic, but there’s been something about Sarah’s birth that has been on my mind for a while.

After her birth vlog got taken down and then it was put back up, she went on stories and basically said something like, “My birth vlog is important to be up on YouTube not just for me, but for other women as well, to show the raw and real side of birth.” Now let me preface this by saying that I’m not a mother, nor I wish to have children anytime soon, but it was such an eye roll moment for me. Not trying to invalidate Sarah’s or any other mumma’s birthing experience, but there is so much content you could find on YouTube that show the dark sides of childbirth, educational or not, with a click of a finger, most of which barely compare to Sarah’s experience. If she thinks her birth was realistic enough to the point she believes such pretentious comments she made, then it makes me question the “research” she did prior to birth. I bet she only watched edited, cookie-cut, birth vlogs as her “research”, and thought some soothing music, salt lamp and coconut water will save her when contractions really start to kick in. I’m in no way trying to dismiss Sarah’s or any other mum’s traumatic experience regarding birth, but I think in Sarah’s case, a lot of it could’ve been easily prevented if she did proper research and listened to her doctors. Anyways, mumma’s on tattle, feel free chime in, and correct me if I’m wrong 💕

Reactions: 34
Okay off-topic, but there’s been something about Sarah’s birth that has been on my mind for a while.

After her birth vlog got taken down and then it was put back up, she went on stories and basically said something like, “My birth vlog is important to be up on YouTube not just for me, but for other women as well, to show the raw and real side of birth.” Now let me preface this by saying that I’m not a mother, nor I wish to have children anytime soon, but it was such an eye roll moment for me. Not trying to invalidate Sarah’s or any other mumma’s birthing experience, but there is so much content you could find on YouTube that show the dark sides of childbirth, educational or not, with a click of a finger, most of which barely compare to Sarah’s experience. If she thinks her birth was realistic enough to the point she believes such pretentious comments she made, then it makes me question the “research” she did prior to birth. I bet she only watched edited, cookie-cut, birth vlogs as her “research”, and thought some soothing music, salt lamp and coconut water will save her when contractions really start to kick in. I’m in no way trying to dismiss Sarah’s or any other mum’s traumatic experience regarding birth, but I think in Sarah’s case, a lot of it could’ve been easily prevented if she did proper research and listened to her doctors. Anyways, mumma’s on tattle, feel free chime in, and correct me if I’m wrong 💕
Nah I think you’re pretty much spot on. She, as always, seemed to have a picture perfect idea of what childbirth would be for her and probably didn’t bother looking too much into it as she didn’t believe anything would not go according to plan (probably). Everyones birth is so different and there’s such a spectrum when it comes to what’s best and most comfortable for each individual. I have a 10 month old and although my birth wasn’t super smooth either I think in the grand scheme of things it was pretty average in terms of hospital births, although it felt pretty traumatic for a while haha (if I was ever blessed with getting pregnant again there’s a few things I would TRY and do different).

Anyways, just like everything else, her birth was going to be something she could brag about and get her “holier then thou” attitude out for but when things didn’t go according to her plan she had to adjust and she didn’t like it. At the end of the day she’s got a (presumably) healthy 2 year old and didn’t seem to have issues getting pregnant so if I were her I’d just have gratitude and stop making a fuss about how important her video was/is 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 24

I think it has more to do with pain thresholds and other factors tbh. I had a really, really similar birth to Sarah’s up until the point she got her epidural. Like slow dilating, labouring at home for ages etc. I had my waters broken for me around the same time she did too. But it couldn’t have looked more different. I didn’t make a single sound, my husband said I was as quiet as a mouse. Not judging her at all for this, childbirth bloody hurts, but Sarah was very vocal and wasn’t in control of her contractions at all (her sister Em told her to get back in control of them too). I think that’s what she thinks is raw and real about her vlog, that she struggled. But I don’t think that’s rare or even essential viewing? I liked watching her birth vlog because I like watching any birth vlog but her birth certainly wasn’t special by any means in regards to the actual way it happened. There are a lot of similar ones and I didn’t benefit from seeing it personally. I preferred to watch ones that were calmer and less vocal to try and get into a really good mindset before birth. I imagine she did the same actually and that also may be why she thinks it’s a reality people need to see, because hers didn’t go that way

Reactions: 18
I think it has more to do with pain thresholds and other factors tbh...I preferred to watch ones that were calmer and less vocal to try and get into a really good mindset before birth. I imagine she did the same actually and that also may be why she thinks it’s a reality people need to see, because hers didn’t go that way
Yeeessss. She talked such a big game - be it out of fear or ego - in the lead up to giving birth (“bring on the pain!” I recall was a noteworthy statement. As was “my beautician said I have a high pain threshold” bc, shocker, she could stand to get her legs waxed). Yet she showed precisely zero content in terms of productively preparing herself, unless you count packing a bag full of candles and coconut water productive.
She mentioned she and Kurt went to a birthing retreat, but acted like it was soooo borrring and as if she knew it all anyway; that’s probably the content that might have had value to an audience. Instead she seemed to prep for birth as if it would be akin to one of her ‘sWeaTy sHredDer’ sessions, and expected it to be ‘easy’ becauuuse, she wanted it to be?
You hit the nail on the head in saying her ‘rEaL aND RaW’ bs is an excuse to showcase herself suffering (or rather just complaining, but not actually suffering, in the case of about 98% of her content).
Sorry if I’m wayyyy off the mark here as someone who as yet has no children; sorry if I’ve offended anyone! I’ll say this though: as my partner and I talk family planning I can’t deny I’ve watched her birth vlog as an example of what to strive not to do, so maybe it’s valuable content in that regard! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Regarding her birth (and pregnancy) experience, I honestly feel like she thought she would breeze through both because she's fit. She had such a superior attitude while being pregnant because she still worked out and didn't succumb to typical pregnancy eating habits. I wouldn't be surprised if she thought, because she's fit and toned and had abs that she'd push a baby out no problem. She definitely underestimated the pain, and coupled with the loss of control in her birth plan, she spiralled and made things worse for herself. It'll be interesting how she'll be the second time around.

Reactions: 33
Regarding her birth (and pregnancy) experience, I honestly feel like she thought she would breeze through both because she's fit. She had such a superior attitude while being pregnant because she still worked out and didn't succumb to typical pregnancy eating habits. I wouldn't be surprised if she thought, because she's fit and toned and had abs that she'd push a baby out no problem. She definitely underestimated the pain, and coupled with the loss of control in her birth plan, she spiralled and made things worse for herself. It'll be interesting how she'll be the second time around.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t she say once that she thought it’d be easy because she has abs?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Any fitness experts on here (sorry Sarah this doesn’t mean you!) that can provide some insight -
Are these weighted pelvic exercises safe in early pregnancy? I was too sick to even walk in my first trimester, let alone putting additional weight on my uterus so genuinely curious

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Get a load of this chick's privilege. It's bad enough that she's complaining she has to work out in her home gym (which looks pretty much like your average well-equipped commercial gym), but what I really can't stand is her tone. She sounds so sneering and condescending. Considering she's talking to her "besties" she comes across like a total witch.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
Get a load of this chick's privilege. It's bad enough that she's complaining she has to work out in her home gym (which looks pretty much like your average well-equipped commercial gym), but what I really can't stand is her tone. She sounds so sneering and condescending. Considering she's talking to her "besties" she comes across like a total witch.
I can’t agree with you more! “I don’t even know what a real gym is anymore”. THIS just reeks of priveledge. Sorry, but most of us can’t afford that gym set up. Or even have a garage. Ugh.

Reactions: 45
I can’t agree with you more! “I don’t even know what a real gym is anymore”. THIS just reeks of priveledge. Sorry, but most of us can’t afford that gym set up. Or even have a garage. Ugh.
And here us plebs are...working out in our bedroom or spare room if we're lucky, with just a gym mat doing bodyweight exercises...I count myself lucky to have 1x kettlebell and some resistance bands (I never use lol). I should ride past her house and ask if I can use her gym haha

• Haha
Reactions: 36
For real, even before the pandemic I worked out at home because I couldn’t afford a gym membership. Started off with a 2kg bag of salt as a weight then saved up for more equipment, now I have two 5kg handweights, a yoga mat and a resistance band. I occasionally went to the gym near me before COVID hit but I live in a super conservative area where gym is synonymous to meat-headed frat boys lifting the heaviest weight possible. Being the only girl there lifting weights I got stared and sneered at the whole time which made things super awkward so I stopped going. The point is that, I would kill for a dedicated workout space at home instead of working out every morning in my tiny bedroom. Her privilege sickens me.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
For real, even before the pandemic I worked out at home because I couldn’t afford a gym membership. Started off with a 2kg bag of salt as a weight then saved up for more equipment, now I have two 5kg handweights, a yoga mat and a resistance band. I occasionally went to the gym near me before COVID hit but I live in a super conservative area where gym is synonymous to meat-headed frat boys lifting the heaviest weight possible. Being the only girl there lifting weights I got stared and sneered at the whole time which made things super awkward so I stopped going. The point is that, I would kill for a dedicated workout space at home instead of working out every morning in my tiny bedroom. Her privilege sickens me.
OMG gyms are expensive AF!

Reactions: 4
Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t she say once that she thought it’d be easy because she has abs?
Yep and then afterwards she said it hurt her worse because she had abs. Like said that people with high muscle tone feel contractions worse because her muscles are so tight or some bullshit like that

Yeeessss. She talked such a big game - be it out of fear or ego - in the lead up to giving birth (“bring on the pain!” I recall was a noteworthy statement. As was “my beautician said I have a high pain threshold” bc, shocker, she could stand to get her legs waxed). Yet she showed precisely zero content in terms of productively preparing herself, unless you count packing a bag full of candles and coconut water productive.
She mentioned she and Kurt went to a birthing retreat, but acted like it was soooo borrring and as if she knew it all anyway; that’s probably the content that might have had value to an audience. Instead she seemed to prep for birth as if it would be akin to one of her ‘sWeaTy sHredDer’ sessions, and expected it to be ‘easy’ becauuuse, she wanted it to be?
You hit the nail on the head in saying her ‘rEaL aND RaW’ bs is an excuse to showcase herself suffering (or rather just complaining, but not actually suffering, in the case of about 98% of her content).
Sorry if I’m wayyyy off the mark here as someone who as yet has no children; sorry if I’ve offended anyone! I’ll say this though: as my partner and I talk family planning I can’t deny I’ve watched her birth vlog as an example of what to strive not to do, so maybe it’s valuable content in that regard! 😂
Omg I didn’t see the leg waxing part hahahah. Thats so stupid.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Any fitness experts on here (sorry Sarah this doesn’t mean you!) that can provide some insight -
Are these weighted pelvic exercises safe in early pregnancy? I was too sick to even walk in my first trimester, let alone putting additional weight on my uterus so genuinely curious
If you're continuing your usual fitness activities it should be okay, the issue is trying to push beyond your regular routine.

Reactions: 5
The Outspoken girls also speak about Brenton’s anti vaxx reel. I agree with everything they say but I just find it interesting how they only turned against Sarah and her crappy behaviour when they were disappointed with the way Kurt treated them..

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Normal person: bridge and abduction, heels up

Sez: Bridge pulse on relevè.

Queen can't even pretentiously spell relevé correctly.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Also, just want to say the only reason she posted the Olympics and claimed "fOx iS soOoO inTo" them, is because Ellie posted the same thing the night before.

I haven't been a subscriber to Elsa's Wholesome Life and have only heard fellow tattlers talk about her in such a good way, and point out how much Scuz straight up copies her. But after the recent mentions of how quick she is to do something Ellie does, I spent half a day off from work binging Ellie's channel. She is EVERYTHING Scuz never was and can never, ever be.

What I especially loved is that while she is still very much an influencer and is doing all the same things -- making products, marketing products, collaborations -- there's something very genuie and hearty about her. She doesn't seem to be projecting an imagine any more than is necessary to do this job. Plus she has a very, very distinct isngular brand.

Scuz is too lacking in intelligence to try and educate herself and understand the hows of this to ensure a good foundation and a longer run. She'd much rather pick up and copy stuff piece meal, see everything as singular pieces of content rather than efforts towards building a concerted brand. So she's never going to get far. Quick money is her model. And while she'll get rich, she's going to get irrl

She sounds so sneering and condescending. Considering she's talking to her "besties" she comes across like a total witch.
Imagine how thick she has to be to NOT see this, even now. When her privilege is being called out and pointed out to her, when it's more than obvious that taking this tone is damaging to her image, literally every week!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.