Sarah's Day #23 I'm such a loser, just like you guys!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would like to emphasise that there is no right or wrong way that a body should look!

stating a fact, such as that she has abs and she has little no definition in her legs is a bit different then saying that her body does not “match”.

I have more defined calves and little to no definition in my thighs or glutes.

we are already apart of a society which perpetuates so much negativity about how women look and now we also need to worry about whether one body part “matches” the other.

I mean generally people consider whether their handbag matches their clothes not whether their body parts match.

Not really the issue though! It’s not about whether that’s a fact or not. It’s about determining whether body parts match.

just as you can compare *cough* judge people freely on tattle, we can also put our opinion forth when we don’t agree with you comparing (or masking judgment)
Sarah sells health and fitness products, advertising herself to be an authority in both, so it is reasonable to judge her composition. Just like we comment on her crazy lips when she labels herself holistic and toxin free. She mostly only does frantic circuit or HIIT workouts because she has a disordered view of training. She doesn't count exercise as a workout unless she is pushing her heart rate and sweating and it shows in her body. Which is fine but the unrealistic photos she posts of herself contorting her body with collar bone popping and flamingo legs only perpetuates unrealistic body ideals to her young audience. It's a horrible place to be, I fell into it myself in my 20s, like someone said above trying to out-train your food, fixation on cardio etc and it wasn't until I followed correct programming that I saw progress in my upper body and work outs I could actually stick to without getting burnt out. The sad thing is she promotes her restrictive eating and unqualified fitness advice to impressionable young women who think if they do the same things they will look like the false image Sarah posts on IG.

Last edited:
Reactions: 32
Does anyone care about fitness influences anymore? Genuine question. Ashy, Kayla etc seem to have lost their grip on the social media world. The exception I think might be the KIC girls. I used to buy all the e books but now you couldn’t pay me to listen to half of them. Seems like sez is flogging something people don’t really as care much for anymore... open to be told that’s not the case!

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Does anyone care about fitness influences anymore? Genuine question. Ashy, Kayla etc seem to have lost their grip on the social media world. The exception I think might be the KIC girls. I used to buy all the e books but now you couldn’t pay me to listen to half of them. Seems like sez is flogging something people don’t really as care much for anymore... open to be told that’s not the case!
I’ve been thinking the same thing! It seems like they’re going through phases. Health and fitness was hugeee! Then it was makeup and now it seems like it’s skincare? (Not too sure about that though). But health and fitness just doesn’t seem to be a big thing in general anymore, and people are focussing more on how you feel on the inside, not fitspo. But that could just be me and the accounts I tend to follow and my phases of what I’m interested in.
But I do gotta say, I did (loosely) follow KIC and really enjoyed it and found it to be actually value for money and holistic with their workouts, recipes and meditations.

Reactions: 17
Funny that, cos she doesn't seem to care about radiation from her mobile phone that she constantly puts in his face 🤦🏼‍♀️
Yeah she is concerned with radiation. But totally, the amount Fox has her phone in his face the trace amounts from a household microwave and baby monitor are even barely existent. This worry’s me as a radiographer. I hope when they force him into footy and other high contact sports to keep up with the “yeah the boys” narrative they take him for X-rays when it’s required and stop carrying on about this holistic nonsense.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
It's because she doesn't have proper programming, she does whatever she feels like. She doesn't do progressive overload incorporating appropriate deloads. You are always going to plateau if you don't follow proper training principles. She is also stuck in the paradigm of needing out-train her food
completely agree with all of this. Also she thinks all exercises only train your arms or your legs, so in her ebook push ups & rows are under ‘arms’. It doesn’t surprise me she doesn’t have that much muscle because she doesn’t really know what exercises do what!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I feel like there are always audiences for anything on the internet. They may vary and evolve in numbers and demographics depending on what's trending and the general zeitgeist -- like someone else said, lately it seems inner and overall wellness seems to be right up there with just fitness these days. So in that sense "fitspo" like it was with all the influencers you listed isn't as "in".

But, I think that even within the fitness content space, those who have a solid background or training and qualification always get far ahead. There's a reason so many of us love Natacha for example. I've been doing Caroline Girvan's Epic program and she is a machine. Such good programming, so sound in her approach to strength over slimness, so motivating, and it's all for FREE.

So more or less I feel like Scuz's time in her attempts to be a fitness influencer may be waning. Because 1) she didn't invest in actually strengthening her position in this area with training or qualifications. You can only get so far scamming people with products 2) she has a very scattered focus. this "generic" vlogging style (mommy blogger, holistic princess, MiLf BoSs BaBe, what I eat in a day, some half-baked workout information, skincare, clothes/fashion -- WHICH ONE IS IT???) gets quite boring quite fast, unless you're an obsessed stan. And honestly, if I were Scuz, I'd be worried about the kind of following she has. Id rather people follow me for what I have to offer, than for them to obsessively get a peek into what I'm eating, what I'm wearing, where I'm holidaying, who I'm sleeping with, what my son's pooping habits are like, when I'm on my period etc.

That said, Scuz has a massive following still. Even with more and mroe people opening their eyes to her lies, she continues to thrive. Just yestertday I read a comment on one of the posts on the SD subreddit, from someone who claimed following Scuz gave them an ED. But then you see how her stans defend her on her posts with terrible, unscietific, rubbish advice. So, this may never stop. Simply because there are audiences at every level, willing to lap up any amount of content there is to give. This is a truth of our times.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Yeah she is concerned with radiation. But totally, the amount Fox has her phone in his face the trace amounts from a household microwave and baby monitor are even barely existent. This worry’s me as a radiographer. I hope when they force him into footy and other high contact sports to keep up with the “yeah the boys” narrative they take him for X-rays when it’s required and stop carrying on about this holistic nonsense.
I work for a very large telco in Australia and a lot of complaints that come through to some of our teams are about EME and mobile towers etc and about modems now having SIM cards in them. A lot of people will say they’ve never owned a microwave or radio because of EME, yet the sun is more damaging than any of these things. Someone needs to send Sarah’s antivaxx ass a tinfoil hat if she’s worried about radiation from a baby monitor🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I feel like there are always audiences for anything on the internet. They may vary and evolve in numbers and demographics depending on what's trending and the general zeitgeist -- like someone else said, lately it seems inner and overall wellness seems to be right up there with just fitness these days. So in that sense "fitspo" like it was with all the influencers you listed isn't as "in".

But, I think that even within the fitness content space, those who have a solid background or training and qualification always get far ahead. There's a reason so many of us love Natacha for example. I've been doing Caroline Girvan's Epic program and she is a machine. Such good programming, so sound in her approach to strength over slimness, so motivating, and it's all for FREE.

So more or less I feel like Scuz's time in her attempts to be a fitness influencer may be waning. Because 1) she didn't invest in actually strengthening her position in this area with training or qualifications. You can only get so far scamming people with products 2) she has a very scattered focus. this "generic" vlogging style (mommy blogger, holistic princess, MiLf BoSs BaBe, what I eat in a day, some half-baked workout information, skincare, clothes/fashion -- WHICH ONE IS IT???) gets quite boring quite fast, unless you're an obsessed stan. And honestly, if I were Scuz, I'd be worried about the kind of following she has. Id rather people follow me for what I have to offer, than for them to obsessively get a peek into what I'm eating, what I'm wearing, where I'm holidaying, who I'm sleeping with, what my son's pooping habits are like, when I'm on my period etc.

That said, Scuz has a massive following still. Even with more and mroe people opening their eyes to her lies, she continues to thrive. Just yestertday I read a comment on one of the posts on the SD subreddit, from someone who claimed following Scuz gave them an ED. But then you see how her stans defend her on her posts with terrible, unscietific, rubbish advice. So, this may never stop. Simply because there are audiences at every level, willing to lap up any amount of content there is to give. This is a truth of our times.
Agree Caroline Girvan is amazing and her dedication to her channel is very admirable. Could you imagine Scuz doing all that (and for free) without complaining and victimizing herself every day 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I would like to emphasise that there is no right or wrong way that a body should look!

stating a fact, such as that she has abs and she has little no definition in her legs is a bit different then saying that her body does not “match”.

I have more defined calves and little to no definition in my thighs or glutes.

we are already apart of a society which perpetuates so much negativity about how women look and now we also need to worry about whether one body part “matches” the other.

I mean generally people consider whether their handbag matches their clothes not whether their body parts match.

Not really the issue though! It’s not about whether that’s a fact or not. It’s about determining whether body parts match.

just as you can compare *cough* judge people freely on tattle, we can also put our opinion forth when we don’t agree with you comparing (or masking judgment)
Sorry, but I used the word "compare" because I was comparing Sarah's body and Natacha's body (pointing out none of them is better or worse). I was not judging. I was comparing. Just like with my sister in law, we compared sometimes, saying, one has wide shoulders, thick calves, the other has tiny feet, rounded breast . It's not always in our conversation, but sometimes yeah, we speak these things. More in a way " I like your defined back" and the other responds with another compliment about something she likes on the other. We are not judging ourselves. I feel like the word "judge" is used very easily and conveniently nowadays.

Reactions: 5
Re: fitness influencers influence dying off, I thought Kayla was just getting more and more of an audience? Her app is HUGE now, and covers all kinds of different workouts. So then she gets more exposure from the trainers audiences as well. I find Kayla different to others too because she rarely posts much personal stuff? I quite like her.

Reactions: 18
I work for a very large telco in Australia and a lot of complaints that come through to some of our teams are about EME and mobile towers etc and about modems now having SIM cards in them. A lot of people will say they’ve never owned a microwave or radio because of EME, yet the sun is more damaging than any of these things. Someone needs to send Sarah’s antivaxx ass a tinfoil hat if she’s worried about radiation from a baby monitor🥴
I work for a large electronics store in Australia where a woman returned a fit it because she was worried about the Bluetooth signals it was using. I had to bite my tongue and not point out that by standing in store she was surrounded by thousands of transmitting Bluetooth devices. There are seriously all kinds of stupid

• Haha
Reactions: 15
How’s the Easter photos 🤦‍♀️. Kurtz photos of him smiling and laughing and interacting with Fox. And then Sarah’s photo of her posing like she’s doing some sort of fashion shoot with sunglasses on, it’s so bizarre to me.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.