Sarah's Day #18 Sunee is a flop, food is all slop. I made the app, that's why it's crap

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the topic of Fox's speech development, I work with kids the same age as him and I think the number of words he can speak is fine. Even the kids who are 24 months old in my group, don't say two word phrases yet. There's nothing to be concerned about at this point regarding Fox and talking, in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
"Ray's of sunshine",
"Busy little bee's",
What's with all the apostrophes? 🙄🙄
I can't with this. It bleeping hurts my eyes and English is not my language. I can't stand wrong spelling in general, but when it comes to people "making money" on social media, then my blood boils. I expect the grammar to be perfect! And if she doesn't have the ability to write correctly, then she should have hired someone.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
On the topic of Fox's speech development, I work with kids the same age as him and I think the number of words he can speak is fine. Even the kids who are 24 months old in my group, don't say two word phrases yet. There's nothing to be concerned about at this point regarding Fox and talking, in my opinion.
I'm glad you've said this because my 13 month old only says hiya, dadda, bapbap (boob/bottle), ooh(up), nowhere even near what an 18 moth old "should" say according to an earlier post. 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 7
C64A8ADD-36BB-4823-806D-C4E0E75319DB.jpeg

As IF this isn’t one of their team writing this review. The username too?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 89
Hello there, I purchased a subscription to the app so if anyone has any questions regarding it, I'd be happy to check things out. I'll be making a recipe tonight and logging the macros to see how "healthy" it is. Some notes I've had:

The hot topics are written to simply and plainly, it's exactly how Sarah writes in her emails she occasionally sends out. It feels a bit awkward to read since it's meant to be educational but it uses very friendly language. Some examples from the Quick Guide to Reading Nutrition Labels are "...we feel you!" and "...than they actually are (cheeky!). It's confusing, but we've got your back!" I would feel far more comfortable if it was written more like an educational article versus with a try-hard friendly tone. The article also switches the perspective it's written in. It initially is written from an outside perspective i.e. "AKA the table on the back or the side of the product" but then switches to first person i.e. "Find me under or next to the NIP." When it first switched I was like, what? The advice is also very generic like "look for products with less than 10g of fat per 100g" but what about things like cooking oils, dressing, spreads, dairy products, and meats which often have inherently higher fat content and aren't necessarily unhealthy. The article refers to calories as "energy" but never equates energy to calories and many people don't know that calories ARE energy so I can imagine someone trying to find the "energy" section on the label. I also take issue with them saying "natural" lollies and chocolates aren't any healthier for you than traditional varieties, which implies all lollies and chocolates are unhealthy. Realistically they're just higher is carbs, fats, and energy which is not unhealthy in moderation. Plus I would argue that a chocolate made of actual cocoa, sugar, and dairy is healthier than something like a Milky Way that has artificial colors, flavors, and usually multiple processed sugars.

As for the recipe, I was reading through it in preparation and it calls for 1tbsp of Olive Oil. In the Method it says to put 1tbsp of olive oil in a pan to cook and then later says "Massage kale with olive oil." So am I using more oil? Do I use the oil leftover from the cooking pan? Was I meant to split the oil? It's just one of those little things that makes you see how unfinished this app is. The same method also says to saute for "2-3 minutes or until as brococolini is tender." So more grammar issues. And that's just one article and one recipe. It feels very much like an app in beta testing and should not have so expensive.

The recipe roulette is disappointing because I realized once you load that page, the recipes never refresh. So if you spin it 5 times, it's still the same recipes going around. You have to exit the page and reenter to reload the roulette wheel with different recipes. You ought to be able to filter the roulette options. Someone who vegetarian may have to spin it a few times or exit and reenter to try and finally get a vegetarian recipe.
If you share the white choc cheesEcake recipe I promise to take one for the team and make it and document the process and final product, cost and nutritional panel. 🙌 It looks good but I have a feeling it'd taste like ass. I'm a half decent cook and have a decent general understanding of cooking principles and (pre-covid) have made a lot of cheesecake for birthdays and 2 weddings as i've become known in my circle for cheesecakes so it's not like I'm starting from scratch! I also have a support bubble I can use to blind test it on. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
As IF this isn’t one of their team writing this review. The username too?
The App has been out one week and either people complain about the functionality/ content (for obvious reasons) OR they act like they have had this App for months and mastered all the recipes and are professional chefs now :D Some of them have to be fake. The wording is too similar to the marketing stuff they put out

Also, one person on Reddit said she commented on a recipe saying the quantities were wrong and now it's no longer in the app. So, will they upload 4 new recipes each week and delete some old ones or what is the plan here?

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I'm glad you've said this because my 13 month old only says hiya, dadda, bapbap (boob/bottle), ooh(up), nowhere even near what an 18 moth old "should" say according to an earlier post. 🙈
my daughter said a similar amount at your little one’s age and then between 18 and 19 months she learnt EVERYTHING. She easily would know 100 words now at 21 months and has just learnt to count to 10. Sings along with songs, can say three words sentences easily, differentiates between what she wants specifically (water/milk or fruit/cracker/bikkie/breakfast/dinner/cheese, shower/bath etc). But heading up to 18 months I would say she knew maybe 10? And they weren’t always clear, more ‘her’ version of a word. They definitely can have huge word explosions and she’s saying like 10 times more than Fox seems to say easily and she’s a bit younger than him. BUT, every kid is different and they aren’t all good at the same things. Fox has been making animal noises since he was like 10 months old, my little one didn’t do it until like 17 months but could name heaps of her body parts. No matter how hard we tried to get her to roar like a lion, she just didn’t pick it up for ages. Fox walked well before my little one did as well. I also think him having a phone or camera in his face all the time probably wouldn’t make him inclined to speak much either.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Random but it’s bothering me- Anyone else think she could do soooo much more with that big house? It looks empty and void of any personality just for insta/YouTube aesthetics. Everyone has there own style and I’m not Auzzie, but I was disappointed by that and I’m not even going to start on the ‘cooking project’... I was a long time follower but unfollowed recently and don’t miss a thing!
yeah it's literally the most boring house i've ever seen. and especially since kurt was a carpenter they could have done something amazing. if only sezzy could think of something original for 1 second of her life.

Reactions: 28
Sarah's Day 19: Sunee App floppin', CheesEcake be sloppin, lip injections are poppin'
Sarah's Day 19: Sunee App reviews are crap, typos are whack, Whitefox want their money back!
Sarah's Day 19: Whitefox might say cya later, Sunee App still in beta, shut up, you're all haterzz

ETA: OOPS the first one is similar to 18, my bad. Third one added for variety

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Scuz's house is a true reflection of her - empty, devoid of character, lacking warmth and tacky.
What even IS this side table? Did Kurt make it in highschool woodwork class? Why would she put that in there?!
Yes Sarah it's just you. I don't actually know a single other human being who likes being productive. Each day I'm productive, I cry myself to sleep at night. It grieves me greatly. Personally I prefer to sit in the middle of the chaos my toddler has caused, dishes in the sink, bins full, and do nothing about it. You're certainly the only person who likes to be productive and, like, clean your house.

Dickwad.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Yes Sarah it's just you. I don't actually know a single other human being who likes being productive. Each day I'm productive, I cry myself to sleep at night. It grieves me greatly. Personally I prefer to sit in the middle of the chaos my toddler has caused, dishes in the sink, bins full, and do nothing about it. You're certainly the only person who likes to be productive and, like, clean your house.

Dickwad.
I think influencers glamorising being productive is one of the most amusing things ever. I have no idea how they get away with it. "such a productive morning" "i've been soo productive" "how to be more productive" etc etc. I don't think that half of them realise that most people NEED to be productive all day every day just so they can feed themselves and their families, keep the house clean, amuse their children, take care of everyone plus keeping up with self care such as entertainment, hobbies, social life, workouts etc. Not being productive is not really a choice here. We all do it to survive and don't expect 12 year-olds on IG to validate us for it. It is one of those "fake adult" things that you dream of when being younger but in real life it's actually really tit lol. Just shows again how in her mindset she is still at 17.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
If you share the white choc cheesEcake recipe I promise to take one for the team and make it and document the process and final product, cost and nutritional panel. 🙌 It looks good but I have a feeling it'd taste like ass. I'm a half decent cook and have a decent general understanding of cooking principles and (pre-covid) have made a lot of cheesecake for birthdays and 2 weddings as i've become known in my circle for cheesecakes so it's not like I'm starting from scratch! I also have a support bubble I can use to blind test it on. 😂
Here you go! Let us know how it goes 😅

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
Here you go! Let us know how it goes 😅
Yet another made-up measurement in Sunee land: 6 squares of white chocolate. Why not just put the measurement in grams? Each and every chocolate bar is shaped differently - the size and weight of a block of chocolate of one brand is going to be different to another brand, which is going to lead to inconsistent results when making the recipe. You can’t make this tit up!
This project is so half-arsed. It just goes to show that their whole team is completely out of their depth when it comes to recipe creation. Like all the other products she has ever put out, it’s clear that the quality could have been much better had she actually put in some research instead of acting like a know-it-all.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.