Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dontstopmenow

Up until last year, I defended her parents, thinking they didn't know just how scheming and manipulative she was, and perhaps not seeing how much damage she is doing. But this is the second time her father has called the people who literally made his daughter successful- her following- scum (last time it was "scum of the earth") and acted outraged at people who are bringing up valid issues. Evidently his daughter is a saint that can do absolutely no wrong.
Also him mixing up "homophobic" with "sexist" made me lol. Freudian slip that shows the apple doesn't fall from the tree.
Fuck I came to say this too! Just shows where she gets her ignorance from! Fuck sake!! There is nothing more abhorrent than someone who asks people to be respectful and kind in one breath and in the next is just straight up taking the piss and undermining and insulting feminists and LGBT+ individuals at the same time. That little ‘joke’ of his there speaks absolute volumes and makes it abundantly clear why Sarah acts the way she does!
she can say she ‘loves everyone equally’ in as many Instagram stories as she likes until she is blue in the face but it’s so crystal clear that it’s all for show and deep down she is a selfish brat who only cares about those who are exactly like her!

Reactions: 20

Madblonde

Hey ya’ll! so annoyed that GG died on us during THE BIGGEST scandal but glad we hVe a new forum. Was so over how glitchy it was.

I have a good scoop tho - my friend works at WFB and said that it has been the biggest ordeal for them. When I brought it up she said ‘omg don’t go there’ hahaha. They are the ones that said it’s best not to use the braid pics and they suggested just to announce it in a post and go dark. Then when Sarah started with the crying video and the second braid the next day they were all dying because they also know how bad it looks and how redundant it made her apology. But they can’t tell her what to do, they can suggest it but at the end of the day it’s her platform and they need her.

she said Sarah is really hard to work with and just can’t really be told. Which pretty much backs up what everyone says on here!! (Or GG Lol)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

japaneseradish

UGH it's just so contrived and obvious that her management has been fielding sponsors' emails about to jump ship and she is trying to do damage control. Funny how it takes her INCOME streams being in jeopardy for her to take more of stance than she ever has: not her problematic actions/behaviors or the suffering/pain of BIPOC in her comment section in direct response to her campaign. It's just ridiculous at this point. If people were not reaching out to her revenue streams would she have posted anything? 99% chance she wouldn't have.

• Heart

drunkatvogue

Deleting posts about deleting posts. Double dumbfuckery. As if her fans aren't seeing this play out.

• Heart

Mind Blank

I see Kurt's joined in and posted the same thing. Both hypocrites. The fact that they're acting like they're in support of this whilst actively engaging in racist actions is just sickening at this point.

I have Sarah as a friend on Facebook, so sometimes her shit pops up in my feed. It's usually her dad tagging her in his posts. He posted this at midnight on June 1st.
She commented back and said:
"Love you so much dad! Thank you for ALWAYS having my back❤ and sorry for always being in the tabloids for offending someone🤦🏼‍♀️💁🏼‍♀️"

Clearly heaps sorry aye.

Edited to add she also updated her profile picture to her and Fox 24 hours ago, probably so that when people go to her page they'll see that she's jUsT a PoOr MuM aNd iT's nOt FaIr HoW sHe'S tReAtEd
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

So he's made sly digs through being labelled homophobic, disregarded the concept of cultural appropriation through it's terminology and implying that we're jealous of her wealth.

Classy.

• Heart

2xblended

VIP Member
I dont think we shoould sign this petition. I am really over cancel culture. its awful and toxic. this has never happened in the history of time and for humans to be so spiteful to literally sign a petition to ruin someone is just insane to me. i will not be signing. i disagree with so much of what she does, but im not stooping to that level of pettiness and anger.
Truly, I am against cancel culture as a whole. But in this case, she needs to be stopped. Do you know how many people posted that they would stop seeing their doctors and instead buy Tropeaka powders when she claimed she cured her CIN 3? I couldn't keep up with the comments under her insta post that day (which she deleted) and then found even more people claiming they'd follow her protocol on her YT comments under the video!
People die when they drop their cancer treatments and opt for magical potions. Read back on this thread for a story of someone who literally died because she believed she could cure cancer with healthy food over chemotherapy. That is the power of negative influencers. They actively, knowingly harm people. Sarah has repeatedly done just that even though she was told by most of us that she was causing harm. She did not care about anything other than lining her pockets.
If she was just selling shitty activewear, cancelling her would not be right. But she is knowingly causing harm to others.
Sarah is not a bad person whom we're trying to hurt. She is a dangerous influencer who refuses to stop spreading harmful information (like the body bloom post to boost immunity against covid! WTF was that? How is that okay?). She should be cancelled because she is actively hurting people.
If it makes you feel any better, she is a multimillionaire. Losing her platform now will not hinder her life in any way. She is running a side business to "manage" influencers. Her life would continue and she'd even be able to keep up her lavish lifestyle with little effort.
All we would accomplish is preventing her harmful and outright dangerous claims from being heard by a million vulnerable, impressionable followers. She sells them hope her *insert sponsored product here* will cure them from serious illnesses. That is inhumane. We need to silence that toxic messaging.
I'm not touching on all the other unethical stuff she's done. I've listed those things many times before. The above reason alone is enough reason to end her channel.

• Heart

android_x

No I dont see anything as a personal attack. I like learning and I love discussing. I totally see now what you're saying. I thought it was all braids which is why I was confused. And yes I totally get the whole "street" thing too which I didnt agree with. Is tanning blackfishing though? Like ive done shoots where ive come from vacation and super dark (I get really dark due to my skin tone) am I also blackfishing? I think if people are legit spray painting themselves black thats blackfishing (as we've seen with some influencers) but to be tanned I wouldnt push it that far. I think a lot of people tan for the cameras as it washes them out. I dont think she looked a different race in terms of skin colour just super orange. Also because POC used colour in their hair does that mean we can never use colour extensions in our hair again? Its just hard for me to understand. I know that you're saying its because they HAD to because it was too dangerous to dye...but now what? So because its not safe for them to use it now no one can use coloured extensions? This is where I find it problematic but i'd love to discuss it further beecause discussing=learning (for me anyway). Theres a lot of things I cant do that are dangerous for me and my body and my hair, but does that mean I dont want others to do it? i just dont understand where that comes from. I think its definitely unfortunate that she kind of had 3 components all together: the braids, the colours, the tan, and the theme.
It’s totally valid to ask all of these questions, because culture is so nuanced and how we express ourselves is such a deeply personal experience. I would say, the fact that you naturally become a darker shade is not culture appropriation. Spray tans are also not cultural appropriation. I use at home tanners, too. The issue with fake tanner comes up because Sarah is pretty notorious for claiming she is “naturally Olive” and just touches up with tanner. Clearly not the case with how orange it makes her and how pale the rest of her family is. I personally would not wear colored extensions, but I also am not so blind to nuance that I would say everyone who wears them is attempting to co-opt a“Black” aesthetic. Like you said in your final sentence, it really is about the combination of the three.

Her unwillingness to engage in critical conversations is also partly what has blown this whole thing up. At any point, she could’ve spoken to one of the calmer people in her comments to get a perspective from outside of her own bubble. But she didn’t. She deleted the comments and blocked people. Not a good look for someone crying that she only wants to empower her fans.

I also see where you’re coming from about being happy and willing for others to practice your cultural in complimentary ways. Unfortunately, some cultures have had a lot of judgement and violence perpetrated against them for that same culture. It’s hard to say to a Black woman “why don’t you see me styling my hair this way as a compliment?” when there are still Black women in western countries being asked to shave their heads or use relaxers for having the same style :/ It also gets stickier when it goes from personal exploration to being used in a way that earns a profit for the person doing the appropriating.

For example, I had a Hindu acquaintance invite me to a public Hindu ceremony to be honored for some work I’d done in my community. They anointed my feet, put a red dot on my forehead, gave me traditionally Indian jewelry and clothing, and had me pose for photos wearing those items. I didn’t profit from the experience, I did it all with the guidance and direction of people from the culture, and I was thankful and appreciative the whole time. I never claimed any of those things as my own or original, and I only did what they expressly told me was appropriate to do. I also spent a whole afternoon with the Hindu community being educated about their culture and the significance of what I was participating in, making it an educational experience where we could make connections as humans.

2xblended

VIP Member
Thanks @drunkatvogue for posting the streamable of her stories. Now I'm fully caught up.
That's PR 101 right there; her, Kurt and Abby, sitting with serious faces, presenting a united front and acting like they care.
She's gaslighting people in it. She's starts of saying she doesn't want people feeling sorry for her (when she cries her obvious crocodile tears). Bitch, what? The she says she hates conflict and is about empowering other people? Since when you liar?!
And to say people were asking her "mean questions", come on you manipulative liar! Stop making yourself a victim. Everyone told you this was cultural appropriation and you just censored them because you thought you could get away with it. Holy shit #princess.is.the.definition.of.privilege
She's not taking accountability, she's rationalizing her bad decisions.

This was the same play as the bush fires. She cries and flips the script so that she's the victim and "haters" are only out to get her because she's a special sunflower. She will never learn.

The family posts with Fox today (I only looked through them quickly, couldn't bear to listen to what she said) are also PR 101. Promote that wholesome family, girl next door, filled with gratitude and love image, so that people forget you're a raging, hateful narcissist who literally tears everyone else down.

She did this with the Gypsy sunglasses, she's doing it again now. She's either deeply racist or completely ignorant, and neither of those is appropriate when you have her platform and access to information.
Bitch, get educated. You have no fucking excuse for this behaviour.

I am livid and actually glad I missed this as it was happening because I may have smashed my computer in rage.

Edit: Also her comment that she asked her friends of all different cultural backgrounds? What friends? She has none! Which cultures? Has anyone seen her with a person who's not white? I'm genuinely asking because I don't think I ever have! Her tiny white privilege bubble needs to be burst.

• Heart

Samsamsam

She wears a small in the biker shorts BUT DONT WORRY she is still “technically” an extra small.
I don’t get why she needs to tell everyone her size all the time

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18

Spicy_bananas

Did she post proof of these "death threats"? Because she sounds like she's exaggerating for effect, she shows no emotion at all, whereas I would expect someone to at least look disturbed by something like that, given that she shares her locations regularly.
And we know Sarah loves to doxx people on her stories so that she can weaponize her stans against them. I was one of the people who had to shut down my accounts due to her insane stans attacking me.
It would be strange if she had this evidence of actual hate and didn't post the proof when that has been her M.O. all this time.
No she did not post any proof of the so-called death threats which is why many people think they are not true. Also the way she just casually slipped that in the IG story it was mostly just to garner attention and sympathy from her stans. If her and the child (I refuse to say that name) had real death threats I am positive she would have been much more panicked and would have done something about it!

bonni03

Chatty Member
I’m honestly so angry and I can’t do anything. Nothing. Thousands of people don’t get it and I just want to shake them. She is a horrible person. Honestly horrible
I feel the same way. It is so disheartening. This is her chance to educate, saying 'all lives matter' is so so so wrong. Instead Sarah strategically liking all comments in favour of her and deleting those with any educational points.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but @betterbeingsteph (small local influencer) called Sarah out on this the other day and said that her apology was not sincere and this should of been an opportunity for Sarah to learn, educate and explain to her following exactly what the issue was, given her following are obviously extremely ignorant. Steph said she received death threats and a lot of hate from her white privileged audience in response (who also couldn't hack being called white and privileged, oh the irony). She always knows what she is doing, posting and how her stans will respond and defend her. It's some high school queen bee shit and it is so unjust.

• Sad
  • Angry
Soo glad I found this thread. I’ve been wondering if other people had been picking up on how she copies everything from brands she either used to use or promote etc.
I’ve done some comparisons for ease of reference... because it’s been bugging me for some time now. I used to be a fan and so I binged all her vlogs and then o started to notice her ripping ideas from products she used and then I got irritated!

this is only some of the stuff I can remember - but I know there is more.
Perhaps I have too much time on my hands haha

Attachments

emememily

Everyone: use your platform and influence to do better, speak up, silence is racism.

Sarah and Kurt:
Screenshot_20200601-202515_Instagram.jpg

You've made your bed now lie in it

• Haha

emememily

I have been sending just the image of the scrabble board and the podcast clip to fans blindly defending her or people just asking what people mean by "homophobic content"

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart

Madblonde

After 3 days of allowing POC to be belittled and attacked in her comments section she’s finally shared an obligatory BLM post.
Sarah this doesn’t make you a good person it makes you a hypocrite.

bonni03

Chatty Member
This is her response to the “hate” on the latest black out Tuesday post.

I really can’t anymore - she’s still actively deleting comments from PoC and she’s completely missed the point of black out Tuesday since she literally released a clothing line today.
What in the fuck kind of quote is this, why does she talk like she is narrating a childrens book?! She is a sunflower princess strawberry sweetie pie. Barffffff

• Haha
  • Sick