Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jessica Jones

I dont think we shoould sign this petition. I am really over cancel culture. its awful and toxic. this has never happened in the history of time and for humans to be so spiteful to literally sign a petition to ruin someone is just insane to me. i will not be signing. i disagree with so much of what she does, but im not stooping to that level of pettiness and anger.
Aside from her current shocking behaviour she is making millions and millions of dollars off making women feel shit about themselves. She is monetising her child and not considering the danger she is putting him under by sharing him so widely. Happy to cancel her for the safety of fox alone.

Reactions: 26

Leche

As a black women im so disappointed that I supported her, ever actually. How are people defending her? Every single comment on her and Kurts IG is white people saying they did nothing wrong. I’m truly so disgusted. Her apology was a way to just silence people and to get her followers to send her more messages of support and “love”.

I grew up as one of five black people in a small town and I would have never been caught dead in the hairstyle she was wearing because I would have been seen as a “ghetto” black girl and not a classy one with nice/neat hair. When she pulled out the insta stories with the box braids and orange hair attached it enraged me. And the fact she can’t even try to be a little sincere about it also pissesme off,I hope every POC unfollows and removes her. I don’t believe in cancel culture but she needs to go.

android_x

I kind of see both sides here. I agree that cultural appropriation is a real thing, but I think the braids thing is a bit much. My grandparents (and I have so many photos) of them in italy on their farms working with braids, my mom grew up wearing braids, I grew up wearing braids, am I never allowed to wear braids again? I think to call her disgusting and awful is a bit much. We all make mistakes. Im happy shes at least apologizing which is rare for her. Do I think its genuine? Not really. But its at least a step int he right direction for her. And I think cancel culture is really toxic. Also she wore braids her first campaign and didnt receive backlash? Growing up I wore braids for all of my competitions in sports because its the best to keep your hair in place. Im currently wearing a french braid right now. Does that make me a disgusting person? I just dont understand. I think we have to acknowledge that braids were used by many cultures all over the world including Italy (where im from), Eastern Europe, India, China, etc. Just trying to be constructive and have a discussion about this without all of the anger/hate. Because if thats the case, then all of us should just shave our hair off because every race has had a hairstyle that was once looked down upon. The beauty in this is that we are learning, being educated about the past, and hopefully for most of us learning from our ancestors shitty behaviour.
Please don’t take this as a personal attack, but your post is from a really white perspective. And I say that because it shows a clear lack of understanding of the difference between braids and protective styles. And there’s nothing wrong with reading “braids” to mean French braids or Dutch braids. That’s how you’ve worn “braids” your entire life. However, if you google “dyed braids” or“braid extensions” you get A LOT of images of black men and women, or white women that have very dark tans who are mimicking black stereotypes in their aesthetic. And that’s because certain styles of braid and certain hair aesthetics come from black culture.

The difference between this shoot and Sarah’s first shoot isn’t just the color of the braids. It’s the whole “vibe.” From day one, she was describing it as “street.” The street fashion aesthetic also largely originated in communities of color. It’s also a veiled insult a lot of white people use when they want to say “ghetto” but know that’s racist to say. Sarah’s deep tanning of her naturally pale skin is also another unfortunate contributor to the problematic nature of her shoot. Blackfishing is a very real phenomenon that more and more white influencers are using to make themselves look “exotic” and sexy. The use of colored extension is also problematic because extensions that are colored are almost always used by POC because it’s not as safe or easy to dye their hair vibrant colors. Whereas, if you google “dyed braid” you get a ton of white girls who “elevated” their braids by just dying their own hair a fun color.

Finally, I would argue that it’s disingenuous for people to argue that “she had braids in her first shoot so this is okay” because those braids were featured in only two main photos. The rest of the promotional materials from that shoot show her with a ballerina bun or ponytail, and she is posing in more natural yet still athletic poses. The overall vibe of that shoot is also not one co-opting an overarching aesthetic that is inspired by POC or “street” stereotypes.

• Heart

emememily

I dont think we shoould sign this petition. I am really over cancel culture. its awful and toxic. this has never happened in the history of time and for humans to be so spiteful to literally sign a petition to ruin someone is just insane to me. i will not be signing. i disagree with so much of what she does, but im not stooping to that level of pettiness and anger.
I have never heard of the word "cancel culture" in my life until all this has happened. It seems like a term used by influencers themselves to ridicule their following for speaking up and holding them accountable. Thats toxic in itself. There's literally no issue with holding an influencer accountable for what they have said and done. Without people speaking up to say enough is enough, they would continue to get away with their toxic behaviour . Which is exactly what Sarah has repeatedly got away with.

Petal32

“some people don’t like strawberries even if they are the sweetest fruit of the season” ?? Wow she’s so far up her own ass

• Haha
Reactions: 25

2xblended

VIP Member
So he's made sly digs through being labelled homophobic, disregarded the concept of cultural appropriation through it's terminology and implying that we're jealous of her wealth.

Classy.
I love that he thinks cultural appropriation isn't a real thing because he's never heard of it! Literally the definition of willful ignorance-> "obviously some new terminology because I've never heard of it."
:oops:

• Heart
  • Wow

ugh

What was she like in High school? Spill the tea!
Hahaha I wasn't THAT close so I don't have that much tea. I do remember when she started the channel, everyone was like ????? because she was spouting all of this health chat but still frequenting McDonald's. Fine to frequent McDonald's but if I was I probably wouldn't be going around acting like a 'holistic health princess'. I don't know what else to tell you. In team sports she was a ball hog and her break up with ex Mitch was on weird terms. So long ago now but I think there was another guy in the picture.

• Heart

jeIIybean

Messages from white people saying “be kind, spread love, treat people how you want to be treated” isn’t saying or doing anything of value AT ALL. Not to mention, this was her cheap way of “speaking up”, by having her audience do it for her. I just know she thinks she’s done something with this and has made herself feel better, because less than 20 minutes later she’s back to promoting herself.

She replied to a comment about trying to keep “balance” and being okay with people disappointed in her and that itself reeks so much of privilege that I don’t even know where to start. Firstly, what balance? You posted 3 times about Black Lives Matter, and every other day of the year about yourself. I wouldn’t call that balance. Secondly, black and coloured communities can’t afford balance. They don’t have that time. They are being oppressed NOW, and the fact she wants to “balance” the content of opinions on her page and stories is just a waste of time. Balance = privilege. Lastly, she doesn’t care that people who used to look up to her are now disappointed in her. She’s OKAY with that. That’s actually mind blowing to me. I hope everything comes crumbling down around her.

• Heart

ugh

I have Sarah as a friend on Facebook, so sometimes her shit pops up in my feed. It's usually her dad tagging her in his posts. He posted this at midnight on June 1st.
She commented back and said:
"Love you so much dad! Thank you for ALWAYS having my back❤ and sorry for always being in the tabloids for offending someone🤦🏼‍♀️💁🏼‍♀️"

Clearly heaps sorry aye.

Edited to add she also updated her profile picture to her and Fox 24 hours ago, probably so that when people go to her page they'll see that she's jUsT a PoOr MuM aNd iT's nOt FaIr HoW sHe'S tReAtEd

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 24

Noinstafame

Anyone else exhausted? I feel so bloody run down watching all this unfold on TV and reading all the ignorant “love and light” comments. And I’m a privileged white chick. Like, I can’t even comprehend how POC feel right now and have felt forever. Sarah making pity comments about herself are so fucking tone deaf.

bonni03

Chatty Member
Tinfoil hat on... I strongly feel like they have ensured to only put a certain amount of items up as they knew they would sell out and have this reaction, because god forbid anything be leftover or not sold out immediately.
It's all marketing to create hype and reiterate Sarah's support and 'success' :sick:, especially after this week.
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they sold a LOT of product as her stans are insane and unfaltering, but I feel like was a calculated result by WF and SD (hence also why she is vlogging it and the phone call, no doubt scripted), that will help play into her narrative of the '"tOuGhEst WeeK ever *Not clickbait*... I didn't know this would happen!!". Look at her comments on the recent post, there are more people complaining about missing out than those noting they successfully got something.

Of course, it will create more hype and demand for a second drop with people thinking it is limited and hard to obtain. If this was planned for TwO years, they would know exactly what Sarah's demand looks like, given she has done two lines with multiple drops and even a pre-sale. But alas, they can't take advantage of Sarah's influence and brainwashing by accurately forecasting.

Edited to add: Site note... all that complaining for a extremely short video showing Sarah working out like we don't see the same thing everyday on her stories? Yawn.

Mind Blank

I’ve invented a new game, find a perfectly polite post that doesn’t need to be deleted and then see how long it takes to disappear.
FBD95564-F666-4615-9368-F5C0E02BED10.jpeg

Now you see it

Now it’s gone

• Sad
  • Haha

suppeach

"Almost sold out before I posted the video! :eek:"
Just note that under-supplying and over-pricing products is done on purpose- it's actually a common marketing technique. It plays on FOMO, making consumers think that the products are super exclusive, and they can promote it over and over again with a "Restock! :eek:" They also justify higher prices because of how "scarce" it is.

jllns90

That's PR 101 right there; her, Kurt and Abby, sitting with serious faces, presenting a united front and acting like they care.
She's gaslighting people in it. She's starts of saying she doesn't want people feeling sorry for her (when she cries her obvious crocodile tears). Bitch, what? The she says she hates conflict and is about empowering other people? Since when you liar?!
And to say people were asking her "mean questions", come on you manipulative liar! Stop making yourself a victim. Everyone told you this was cultural appropriation and you just censored them because you thought you could get away with it. Holy shit #princess.is.the.definition.of.privilege
She's not taking accountability, she's rationalizing her bad decisions.

This was the same play as the bush fires. She cries and flips the script so that she's the victim and "haters" are only out to get her because she's a special sunflower. She will never learn.

The family posts with Fox today (I only looked through them quickly, couldn't bear to listen to what she said) are also PR 101. Promote that wholesome family, girl next door, filled with gratitude and love image, so that people forget you're a raging, hateful narcissist who literally tears everyone else down.
Yaas 2xblended, always telling them facts!

But about the apology in general (I didn't chime in here before because everybody had already said what needed to be said), I agree 100% it was PR 101, and also like CRAZY manipulative. She did what she always does - she puts words into your mouth. And again, she used her fave manipulative sentence "But you know me!!" She used it after the bushfire debacle, the gypsy sunglasses, when an article called her out about promoting EDs (does anyone remember that? She uploaded like a 20 min crying video on the FB page) and probably many more times.

It is always the same "You know me!! I would never do this!! You see me every day!! I'm a good person!! I would never wish bad on anyone, you know what I'm all about!! I just want to make you all happy!!". And it pisses me off because it is so easy to believe that.

Also, I love how influencers in general (including Sarah) change that very narrative so effortlessly. When it's something like this, they cannot stop going on about how "you know me, you watch me, you see me, you know my personality". But when something gets criticised, suddenly it's "yOu onLY sEE 10 mInUTes of oUR dAY"... smh

• Heart

jllns90

Omg I cannot with this girl.

1) If any of you keep an eye on the Reddit thread. A POC posted what she (I think it was a woman, sorry if not!) commented on Sarah's IG. It was nice and not to mention, educating and informative. She deleted it and blocked her. And I bet she did that with MANY others.
And then she has the audacity to go and say she has been talking to POC for days and learning and listening.
The messages she shared as well were just to boost her own ego. "treat others nicely" "be nice" "take it easy on yourself". That just means "treat sarah nicely". I cannot even go there right now, I will just get mad. She is literally doing the bare minimum and amongst that posts petty messages about being called out.

Also, I completely disagree with the "take it easy on yourself" statement. No. Don't take it easy. This is not the time to make excuses. POC don't have the choice to "take it easy", that in itself is white privilege. You see this, you acknowledge this and you decide you are going to "take it easy" because you're not educated enough on the topic. Like WTF? I just cannot fathom this. And it is obvious she has only shared it to save face about not posting enough about BLM.

2) They sold out the activewear because they have probably decreased the quantities. I'm pretty sure there was loads of stock leftover after the last restock? And also FOMO marketing. And the whole drama. She will only profit from this and it's disgusting.

3) Oh my god. Can they stop mentioning that the last campaign got scrapped? It's not like the footage got stolen or someone got sick or whatever. You HAD to scrap it. It just makes it vain. If they actually cared, just post the new campaign with no strings attached. Them posting it while saying "as you know the lAsT camPAiGN got scRAppED", is just unnecessary to me.
And 3 months worth of work? They've mentioned it a few times now and the drama channel video said that as well. What 3 months of work? Them making pinterest boards? Not to mention they were gonna film it in the garage initially because of social distancing?

Ugh, sorry for the messy discussion, I'm just mad.

• Heart

saltysday

Yes but imagine if you made mistakes at work and you had a petition for you to be fired. I just dont like the idea of it. Id rather just boycott and discuss as were doing it. but to each is own. I just dont agree with it, i think its super super low.
In your analogy, if you screwed up THAT many times at work in THAT many ways, didnt take on feedback and improve, acted bratty and snarky when your boss gave you constructive feedback then you certainly would not need a petition to get you fired because you would have been out the door 12 months ago.

I got a reply from Mazda.
That reply from Mazda is far better than the one from Esmi - I am waiting for my responses from all of the companies and I think I will also now be contacting true protein

Sorry for the double post. Esmi got back to me.
Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 1.06.57 pm.png

Reactions: 23

2xblended

VIP Member
Can you become an Influencer? Your heart and soul are beautiful. You're lovely and I would be proud to stand along side you.
No thank you! I detest the industry with a passion. Also, have you seen my posts? I'm incapable of formulating a succinct post! Everything I write is a novella! And I hate receiving gifts so I would literally be asking brands to stop sending me freebies! #influencerfail 🤨 :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note, thank you very much. That is an incredibly unexpected and undeserved compliment. I don't know how to respond appropriately.
The contributors on this thread (both here and on GG) are all amazing and I've been very proud to get to know everyone as we've come together to stop the spread of harmful information. I'm grateful for these forums because they teach me so much and have held me accountable when I've been wrong. I'm always humbled by the generosity everyone shows with their knowledge, experiences and opinions. I think we actually have what Sarah strives for: a respectful community of well informed, tolerant and supportive people who uplift each other and rally together for the good. 🥰

You can count me in!!!!
Stop it, you! You've seen the worst of me, how dare you pretend I'm nice?! 🤣

Also, can we make the next thread: 'Sarah's Day #2: Cultural Appropriation x P.E. Nation' like someone wanted on the other site?
I'll go get the username and credit them if we all agree on the thread title. :)

• Heart

2xblended

VIP Member
I have Sarah as a friend on Facebook, so sometimes her shit pops up in my feed. It's usually her dad tagging her in his posts. He posted this at midnight on June 1st.
She commented back and said:
"Love you so much dad! Thank you for ALWAYS having my back❤ and sorry for always being in the tabloids for offending someone🤦🏼‍♀️💁🏼‍♀️"

Clearly heaps sorry aye.

Edited to add she also updated her profile picture to her and Fox 24 hours ago, probably so that when people go to her page they'll see that she's jUsT a PoOr MuM aNd iT's nOt FaIr HoW sHe'S tReAtEd
Up until last year, I defended her parents, thinking they didn't know just how scheming and manipulative she was, and perhaps not seeing how much damage she is doing. But this is the second time her father has called the people who literally made his daughter successful- her following- scum (last time it was "scum of the earth") and acted outraged at people who are bringing up valid issues. Evidently his daughter is a saint that can do absolutely no wrong.
Also him mixing up "homophobic" with "sexist" made me lol. Freudian slip that shows the apple doesn't fall from the tree.