Sarah - This Mama Life #4 Stands like a man, whilst grinning for the ‘gram’

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does she insist on calling the cats Poes? It’s Puss you d*ck.
I don’t even know what Poes is? Never heard it before!!

ETA: wait it’s the bloody Dutch version of puss. Because she lived in Holland, just incase she hadn’t shoehorned in that banal fact enough over the years....

• Haha
Reactions: 19
How old is Isla? Sarah is now claiming that she’s too young to
Comprehend the date of her birthday...?!!!

Why not just explain that they are having her birthday celebration early so that Dad can join in? Why lie and try to pretend that it’s her real birthday?!! Jesus Christ, Isn’t knowing your own DOB just a basic thing most kids get taught from very early on?
Ridiculous. Why lie!? Just tell her how it is. Children are not stupid!

Reactions: 6
I don’t even know what Poes is? Never heard it before!!

ETA: wait it’s the bloody Dutch version of puss. Because she lived in Holland, just incase she hadn’t shoehorned in that banal fact enough over the years....

It's also a south African word. A vulgar word to describe the female genitals.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
God may 6 year old last month knows her birthday, her younger brothers, mine and that of her best friends too. How could isla not know? My daughter was counting down to her birthday for months.

Reactions: 5
Yeah my 5 year old knows and understands the date and the date of her birthday.

Also I would find it so sad on her actual birthday not celebrating it or acknowledging it

Reactions: 2
From that exchange between them I actually took it more like she was trying to hint at them buying a new house and he’s not wanting her to say it on camera?
It will be much harder to secure a mortage now unless they have large deposit saved.
Unlikely she seems quite spendy.
must be killing her not eating out.

Reactions: 1
I think the birthday thing is an example of not knowing what your kids know - Isla must do dates and time at school. And what does she say when Isla asks how many days to her birthday. It’s a simple way to practice numeracy skills but they don’t seem to have a very stimulating home environment for the few hours a week they are there and awake (pre lockdown). Just be honest with your kids!

Reactions: 3
Why don't they just buy a house instead of living in the damp, small married quarters?
They must have the money?
I think the birthday thing is an example of not knowing what your kids know - Isla must do dates and time at school. And what does she say when Isla asks how many days to her birthday. It’s a simple way to practice numeracy skills but they don’t seem to have a very stimulating home environment for the few hours a week they are there and awake (pre lockdown). Just be honest with your kids!
lots of military families get quite used to celebrating early birthdays or late christmases etc.

It’s just one of those things when deployments are a part of your life. We have celebrated Christmas in October and a July birthday in March when my husband has been deploying. The children adapt but I don’t feel it is fair to brush over a birthday. Have two, one with Rob and another on the day regardless of him being at sea.

The housing market in the area where they are quartered has a high demand (usually) for family houses and in normal times moves quickly. They would be in a good position as they don’t have a property to sell but I wouldn’t want to be applying for a mortgage in the current climate. Another option for them would be for Sarah and the children to buy somewhere in Scotland and Rob to be married unaccompanied. It does split the family but would allow them to make roots in the part of the country she is keen to return to. It’s not an uncommon situation in military families. It’s a case of working out what is best for them.

Reactions: 3
lots of military families get quite used to celebrating early birthdays or late christmases etc.

It’s just one of those things when deployments are a part of your life. We have celebrated Christmas in October and a July birthday in March when my husband has been deploying. The children adapt but I don’t feel it is fair to brush over a birthday. Have two, one with Rob and another on the day regardless of him being at sea.

The housing market in the area where they are quartered has a high demand (usually) for family houses and in normal times moves quickly. They would be in a good position as they don’t have a property to sell but I wouldn’t want to be applying for a mortgage in the current climate. Another option for them would be for Sarah and the children to buy somewhere in Scotland and Rob to be married unaccompanied. It does split the family but would allow them to make roots in the part of the country she is keen to return to. It’s not an uncommon situation in military families. It’s a case of working out what is best for them.

She talks about wanting to live back in Aberdeen but it just seems like hot air. They are both based on the south coast, her 2 kids have been born and brought up there, it’s all they know. Where she’s living right now is her home. She just needs to accept it and grow up. Either get on with it or shut up and move to Aberdeen.

Reactions: 9
It will be much harder to secure a mortage now unless they have large deposit saved.
Unlikely she seems quite spendy.
must be killing her not eating out.

I bet she’s really missing her Costa dates, it’s the only place she ever seems to go besides home and work 😂

Why are her children SHARING a sandwich for lunch for goodness sake?? Isla is practically 6! My 6 year old would think I was playing a mean joke if I gave her half a sandwich! In fact my 3 year old would as well.
And again - 2 grapes cut in half (rightly so) and 3 slices of banana each. It’s clearly 1 bag of teddy crisps shared between them too. I would give this lunch to a 12-18 month old.

It is dangerous how she is giving her children such a warped perception of what normal eating habits are
3F662217-45D6-4E6C-9F14-B0D880FD8E93.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Why does she feel the need to label everything. We know it’s a bloody cheese sandwich and some grapes, we do not need it labelled 🙄 she’s so proud of those pathetic lunches she gives her children because they fit the aesthetic of Instagram. She’s missing the point that her 6 year old deserves a lunch not designed for a toddler. At school Isla will be served a normal meal where she will be required to use a knife and fork. At home she is treated like a toddler just to please her delusional Mother.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Why the hell does she serve this to her 6 YEAR OLD on a bloody plastic divided plate that you use for weaning a toddler?!

Jesus wept. Give Isla a bloody plate with a sandwich on it and hand her a bag of crisps and a banana. There is no need for this nonsense. Even Lachlan is too old for this carry on.

Reactions: 6
Why don’t the children eat any vegetables? My little one (3) isn’t great at eating veg, especially raw but I always put a bit on his plate if I’m giving them a picnic lunch. Sometimes he will eat it dipped in hummus but it’s just a case of always presenting him with cucumber/carrot/pepper/tomato so he has an opportunity to try if he wishes. Sometimes he eats it sometimes he doesn’t.

Those baby plates are just not appropriate. I know that some children do not like food touching or overly saucy dishes but wouldn’t it be more age appropriate for both to have normal plates?

Reactions: 1
Why does she insist in showing kids’ lunches that have no nutritional value? Please let no others be ‘influenced’
into thinking this is how you should feed your children.

Reactions: 5
I bet she’s really missing her Costa dates, it’s the only place she ever seems to go besides home and work 😂
They’ve probably saved a good chunk for a deposit by not eating out and the Costa visits 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.