Sarah This Mama Life #24 I only came here to vom about “matching hairies”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a son with ASD, I’ve always parented with the mindset that autism is an explanation for certain behaviour but is never an excuse for bad behaviour. Especially if it hurts someone.
I don’t think L is misunderstood by anyone but his parents.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I have a son with ASD, I’ve always parented with the mindset that autism is an explanation for certain behaviour but is never an excuse for bad behaviour. Especially if it hurts someone.
I don’t think L is misunderstood by anyone but his parents.
Exactly. If he was being well supported and parented better and Sarah and Sinbad pulled their finger out and were getting him help, working with school, and doing what worked for him then he’d be in much better shape and coping better and probably not being so “misunderstood”.

she’s going to be frantically trying to get pregnant now to have that third baby that she can pretend is insta perfect when all she can see is the first two failed attempts (I’m not saying that about her kids, I think they’d be ok with actual better parenting) and not how she planned her “perfect” life to be.
That poor lad needs love, routine, consistent attention and input, working life around him a bit to suit his needs, possibly some external input, less crazy after school, not being dumped in clubs and after school care and for his bloody mother to stop telling him he’s a problem (you can bet she does) and for his father to step in and actually also parent

Reactions: 11
The stories are interesting. She wants to go somewhere she can smash plates. So angry nor sad? Who with and why?

Reactions: 5
The stories are interesting. She wants to go somewhere she can smash plates. So angry nor sad? Who with and why?
With Rob because he is still in the navy and hasn’t whisked her off somewhere exotic abroad or “home” to Scotland and has failed to get her pregnant with the third baby she can fail to parent.
Isla for not being a girly girl. Lachlan for being not the perfect boy, ruining her motherhood plans for a perfect insta family.
The school and anyone else who’s dared to point out her son may have issues and that she may actually have to face those and parent him.
Instagram cos she doesn’t get the likes and arse licking any more because most people can see she’s a walking disaster on the edge of a breakdown who doesn’t like her kids or husband.
Probably the cats too, for having the temerity to be cats… 😂

Oh and also Tattle for saying it like it is…

• Heart
Reactions: 15
69319F9D-AB27-43E6-8C2A-3D4CE7892285.jpeg

9C19652B-3F35-4B07-BBCA-5322F1308088.jpeg

0D481602-64F5-4C96-9B5D-5577A3225D43.jpeg

A5F61C45-964E-4692-AC7E-FFE4D5487810.jpeg

160F3DA8-3C52-4250-95AF-9D2FC4D495F0.jpeg

577148A3-AE30-46DC-9A55-A183EB024ABD.jpeg

08FEB242-C6C5-4721-82BC-2368E10F0ACB.jpeg

74EF639D-2E3F-4144-BB9A-809D6CF020A6.jpeg

54EA7155-42F0-4D24-817F-2486D6B407D2.jpeg

6FBAEE82-B9E9-44D4-A2DC-B84FD3208F18.jpeg

3551395E-A763-4A9B-B203-C5FF9C11B1E8.jpeg

FC6B9D0F-6D67-494D-AFEE-BF2662B35166.jpeg

BE2FECB1-46BD-4916-B27A-8E054F3F861C.jpeg

Seriously what has gone down this week?!!!!

She also rambled on after this saying that she doesn’t share as much of the kids how because they are getting older (?!) and because of “other reasons” (tattle, blatantly) but that she got “so many messages” of people all feeling the same about their kids and how she thinks it’s so unfair that kids like Lachlan get “written off”….

So he’s blatantly having issues at school and isn’t behaving - I think he’s being a nuisance in class and is having to be removed from the classroom.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Her stories tonight have really annoyed me. She’s saying herself how little he is, how 2 hours is a long time to concentrate for him etc. yet she’s still taken him to karate and not stayed? Why hasn’t she stayed and if he’s struggling so much why the hell did she sign him up for another class last night for dancing? As we all keep saying, a large part of his behavior is be safe he gets zero downtime. He’s in school learning all day then rushed from one club to another all week. No routine with bedtimes. It’s awful.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Her stories tonight have really annoyed me. She’s saying herself how little he is, how 2 hours is a long time to concentrate for him etc. yet she’s still taken him to karate and not stayed? Why hasn’t she stayed and if he’s struggling so much why the hell did she sign him up for another class last night for dancing? As we all keep saying, a large part of his behavior is be safe he gets zero downtime. He’s in school learning all day then rushed from one club to another all week. No routine with bedtimes. It’s awful.
Exactly. He’s out at this thing tonight until 8pm so by the time he gets home it’s going to be after 8 - has he had anything to eat? It’s too late. He’s had a week at school and clubs and late night at the fireworks etc - can’t she comprehend that he’s EXHAUSTED and needs time to just relax. I honestly think she puts him in all these clubs to try to tire him out so that he’s easier to manage.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I get that it’s upsetting for her and it’s not nice to see anyone upset.
If I was the parent in that scenario I would only do 2 clubs MAX. Swimming, because it’s important and one other that they love, preferably at the weekend as school nights need to be calm and have a set routine.
Find your routine and STICK TO IT.
Allow screen time, they need down time to unwind and to be “bored” to let their imagination grow.
And just try and relax, talk to other school parents, let them know if your child has a diagnosis or is struggling. I found telling strangers first easier but ultimately it’s my sons diagnosis and now he’s older it’s up to him what he tells people.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Exactly. If he was being well supported and parented better and Sarah and Sinbad pulled their finger out and were getting him help, working with school, and doing what worked for him then he’d be in much better shape and coping better and probably not being so “misunderstood”.

she’s going to be frantically trying to get pregnant now to have that third baby that she can pretend is insta perfect when all she can see is the first two failed attempts (I’m not saying that about her kids, I think they’d be ok with actual better parenting) and not how she planned her “perfect” life to be.
That poor lad needs love, routine, consistent attention and input, working life around him a bit to suit his needs, possibly some external input, less crazy after school, not being dumped in clubs and after school care and for his bloody mother to stop telling him he’s a problem (you can bet she does) and for his father to step in and actually also parent

This and a post above says it all really doesn’t it. L has been conditioned to be on the go constantly, and always insta ready. He seems like such a sweetheart too. Watch for the influx of positive gushy posts about him now.

I do wonder if the school have had a safeguarding issue raised with the filming of them asleep etc and shared with thousands, hence her “I am keeping the children’s lives more private now” spiel she’s giving out.

Reactions: 11
Please Sarah if your emotions are telling you not to leave your child in a situation that they may find difficult/upsetting and it’s not compulsory then STOP.

Heart breaks for that wee boy. He absolutely needs exposure to social activities, but at an appropriate level. She has designed a life that brings complete overwhelm, exhaustion, and frustration, and failed to instil basic standards of manners, attitude and behaviour. Toddler plates bring one really obvious example!

He needs a firmly maintained boundary, and somebody to be his safe space to gently and firmly enforce those boundaries with him with absolute consistency.

Chucking him into every possible class or caring setting and leaving it to others to over stimulate him is not helpful. This was bound to happen. It’s not that he is being written off, it’s that his parents are not meeting his needs.

‘They have to be here for two hours.’ No, they really don’t. You can say no. Understand that being graded for karate at age six is not the priority right now. If your SIX YEAR OLD isn’t ok to be left because of his behaviour, you don’t do it!!!!

She frequently shows the kids acting up, being inconsiderate, brattish, exhibitionist, flouting rules, being disruptive, and sees no problem with it. She comes over as completely permissive, charmed by the chaos of her own kids, proud to share them acting like wee shlts, oblivious to the fact that it’s her role to shape them, and that their behaviour and attitude is regularly very poor. She’ll happily film and share them being wee horrors then caption it with something like ‘kids will be kids haha,’ as if all parents go through the same.

She has normalised their behaviour to herself, while simultaneously being so unable to deal with it that she throws them into every class possible, loads of unnecessary childcare, and if all that leaves gaps, she puts them in soft play so she can sit on her phone!

(Also - did NOT see this scintillating content coming: ‘this jacket cracks me up it’s just so funny.’ Right. Ok then.)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
She needs to go right back to basics with the two kids. Stop all the extra curricular stuff - allow them to go to 1 after school activity a week. That’s it. The rest of the week they get home from school and have a proper afternoon and evening routine. Proper home made healthy evening meal served at a reasonable time and all sitting at the table together eating. Some play time after or tv time then a proper bath & bedtime routine for them both at a reasonable time EVERY NIGHT. Those kids need consistently, boundaries and discipline. Sarah needs to put her phone away when the kids are at home and she needs to focus on them and not her bloody phone. The kids have been brought up knowing nothing but their mother filming them and herself and they gave therefore learnt to “play up” to the camera.

Reactions: 19
There are always adaptations which can be made for children who struggle in social settings. My son is neuro diverse and we ve gone along to activities for a shorter period, I ve signed and trained up to be an assistant leader so I can provide support to him at out of school classes and we ve said no to plenty of things he might not cope well with or just has my wanted to go to at the time. Sarah has such a rigid way of thinking that she cannot see how making small changes could enhance that little boys experience s and make things a lot more manageable for him. Poor soul x

Reactions: 16
Woah she’s bleeping cracked tonight, wish she would just say what happened! And why did she leave him at karate?! She’s so weird

Reactions: 12
She really needs to get off Instagram and get herself - and L - whatever professional help is appropriate for whatever is going down (as well as for her long evident neuroses). Those talking stories this evening are really quite unsettling.

Reactions: 12
Her latest post where she has anxiety and is tearful leaving him. Something has definitely gone down big time this week. I know that feeling. Sick to your stomach about how things will go. What she should be doing is asking if he can do his part first then leave it she should be staying in the waiting area incase he needs her x

Reactions: 16
Hates leaving him..... She does realise people watch her stories right?!?

She doesn't know the boy. She is like the distant aunt left with a child for the first time everytime she interacts with him. Remember when he was starting school and she said he was SO ready.....and everyone on here, who only see the little snippets she shares said no, he wasn't. We have watched her ignore him. He may have been fed, watered and clothed but he has been emotionally neglected by a mother who didn't bond with him as a baby and has chosen to spend the bare minimal of time with him.

Stop telling your phone you love him, stop making reel and be present in his actual life.

• Heart
Guess what Sarah? Children can not go to a single after school club and they still survive. They can come home after school or afterschool care, spend time in their house without getting sent to karate, dancing, football or swimming and they still are happy. Shocking I know. That would mean you would need to spend time with your children, which I know is hard for you. That poor wee boy is exhausted and needing nurture. Not another club that he is struggling to cope with.

She’s sat crying in her car, worried about leaving her son somewhere he might not cope with….. but she still left him? Such a poor excuse for a mother.

• Heart
Have I missed something? What has happened with the boy? She seems to be alluding to the fact he may have additional needs of some sort.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.