Sarah This Mama Life #24 I only came here to vom about “matching hairies”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last year I found my kids were becoming over-exhausted with the amount of after school activities. I get it, you want them to thrive & find what they like/don’t like, but it became too much so I cut way back so now they just do one night a week & then swimming on a Saturday morning. The other evenings we have a lovely meal as a family then do bath-time, into pj’s then play board games until bed. It’s been so much better & they are so much happier. Sarah just feels like she has to put them to everything because that’s what’s everyone else does. She can never think for herself the useless idiot. She just doesn’t want to spend any time with them.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I’m not sure I’ve ever commented on this woman’s thread. Did her some hit someone at school? Seems she’s trying to make a lot of excuses for some bad behaviour..

Reactions: 7
The way she said “silent reflux”-she still holds so much resentment towards him:cry: She cant let it go and move on at all.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
The way she said “silent reflux”-she still holds so much resentment towards him:cry: She cant let it go and move on at all.
She’ll be making a dig about Lachlan and silent reflux at his wedding day speech at this rate - “I still remember when his silent reflux made me want to run out the house and never come back, he was so hard to love as a baby… haha”

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I just keep on coming back to how damaging she is to her children. I get it’s probably unintentional but she just can’t look close to home, can she? Even after Lachlan’s behaviour has been pulled by other people, it’s still “he’s such a character” “he’s just misunderstood” and I feel like saying it is okay to admit your child is naughty. You don’t need to coddle him and make him think he’s not a misbehaving child, the teachers/kids are just singling him out. It’s so much better if you just own it, tell him he’s in the wrong and teach him how to behave. All she’s doing is validating his bad behaviours and I’m not sure if it’s cause she’s too lazy to parent him appropriately or too ignorant to realise she’s caused him to be this way.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I just keep on coming back to how damaging she is to her children. I get it’s probably unintentional but she just can’t look close to home, can she? Even after Lachlan’s behaviour has been pulled by other people, it’s still “he’s such a character” “he’s just misunderstood” and I feel like saying it is okay to admit your child is naughty. You don’t need to coddle him and make him think he’s not a misbehaving child, the teachers/kids are just singling him out. It’s so much better if you just own it, tell him he’s in the wrong and teach him how to behave. All she’s doing is validating his bad behaviours and I’m not sure if it’s cause she’s too lazy to parent him appropriately or too ignorant to realise she’s caused him to be this way.
It’s likely a combination of embarrassment at his poor behaviour, unwillingness to accept that there is clearly something underlying with him (Autism/ADHD etc) and her lack of interest in actually parenting him in order to help
Him overcome it. By acknowledging that there IS a problem - it’s not just others misunderstanding him - she then has to take responsibility for it and she won’t do that. Rob is obviously equally at fault here but he’s not there for a large proportion of the year so Sarah is the main care giver.

Reactions: 8
💯 And she wants to add another child into the neurotic mix. Genuinely makes me shudder.

Reactions: 9
Maybe if she hadn't dumped him in childcare 24/7 and only picked him up at bedtime. Or fed him proper food at the proper time. Or made him sit at the table, eating nicely and teach him manners or just bleeping ate with him. Maybe if she didn't favour Isla so much, including taking her on days out while he was left in nursery. Or shove a camera in his face when he is with her 'cos he knows he'll get attention then!
MAYBE he wouldn't be so 'misunderstood' Sarah, you stupid witch. Ha bleeping ha!!!

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Last year I found my kids were becoming over-exhausted with the amount of after school activities. I get it, you want them to thrive & find what they like/don’t like, but it became too much so I cut way back so now they just do one night a week & then swimming on a Saturday morning. The other evenings we have a lovely meal as a family then do bath-time, into pj’s then play board games until bed. It’s been so much better & they are so much happier. Sarah just feels like she has to put them to everything because that’s what’s everyone else does. She can never think for herself the useless idiot. She just doesn’t want to spend any time with them.
Yes this happened to us when my daughter was in year 1. We moved to weekend swimming class and a dance class only. Once a week play dates max. Just kept most school nights as dinner at 4pm, TV and a bit or playing, snack when we had dinner at about 6, and bed. Did her a world of good. It’s not forever and she still learned to swim and tried loads of hobbies Over the years. There’s loads of time for them to find their thing.

• Heart
Seems the chickens have come home to roost. Poor kid. My baby had silent reflux. Never think about it. Only when she mentions it. It is in our past. Let it go, Sarah! Seriously! It is not helpful. I think that might seem like a walk in the park when L is a teenager if she doesn’t give him parenting he clearly needs now. Really hope she changes but I doubt she will.

Unfortunately for the longest time, she was prettified to ever be alone or be close to Lachlan (her excuses are whatever, there’s no excuse for me) so he was really left to his own devices. He doesn’t respect her one bit now because he knows she’s a pansy. So now she’s terrified of being left alone parenting him because he’s wild & uncontrollable. Vicious circle that she is completely to blame for. He clearly has something that needs a diagnosis, I suspect ADHD.

They would all definitely benefit from some intervention and additional support. Sarah is struggling to acknowldege and address her son's needs. She has had previous mental health issues and her own coping strategies of lots of third party child care, social working etc is not working and is actively harming the children by aggravating the issues. Her husband can't or wont intervene and her wider family seem either co-dependant or detached and avoidant. Deployment is an additional stressor for her and she is has made comments and statements that seem to indicate her over-riding feelings that she is struggling to cope with and find an outlet for are currently ones of anger.

A very unfortunate situation and I feel very much for the children.

Those kids really do need to cut down their activities they are totally over stimulated we went to a light show last didn't get home till after 8 then had a chippy tea and my 5 year old still needed time to chill so bed was nearer 10pm...this is rare for us but I suspect the norm for her two! My wee one slept till 8.30 and has played in her room today relaxing we couldn't possibly have had her at school or an activity!

Reactions: 10
Seems the chickens have come home to roost. Poor kid. My baby had silent reflux. Never think about it. Only when she mentions it. It is in our past. Let it go, Sarah! Seriously! It is not helpful. I think that might seem like a walk in the park when L is a teenager if she doesn’t give him parenting he clearly needs now. Really hope she changes but I doubt she will.
Not only is it in their past - it is not in any way, shape or form Lachlans fault! She seems to blame him for it rather than accept it’s one of those things nobody can help. Some babies have silent reflux, some don’t. She will resent him for the rest of her life if she doesn’t get some professional help. I’ve never known anyone to viciously and relentlessly hold something against their innocent small child like she does.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
All this can’t be stemming from one recent incident. I think things have been happening over time and she’s made a conscious decision to share it on IG. She is so desperate for her ailing account not to fail, she’ll post stuff like this, for attention

D274735A-9FF3-45B6-916B-A61C5F2B13F7.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
All this can’t be stemming from one recent incident. I think things have been happening over time and she’s made a conscious decision to share it on IG. She is so desperate for her ailing account not to fail, she’ll post stuff like this, for attention

View attachment 1707704
I think it’s obvious from everything she’s posted that he’s struggling to settle in at school. She keeps alluding to him being seen as “different”
And how happy she is when he’s included in things like this - as if it’s out of the ordinary for him to be included.
i think he’s got underlying behaviour issues and is probably disruptive in class because of it. I can imagine he probably acts up a lot and is boisterous/noisy/hard to get him to
Sit and concentrate etc

Does she think everyone affected by his behaviour should just say ‘ah bless him, haha,’ and ignore it? As a strategy, that doesn’t seem to be working well so far.

I think it’s obvious from everything she’s posted that he’s struggling to settle in at school. She keeps alluding to him being seen as “different”
And how happy she is when he’s included in things like this - as if it’s out of the ordinary for him to be included.
i think he’s got underlying behaviour issues and is probably disruptive in class because of it. I can imagine he probably acts up a lot and is boisterous/noisy/hard to get him to
Sit and concentrate etc
💯. But I wonder if the sulking and pouting was because someone tried to tell her it wasn’t a good idea to put it all online but she’s got her way *again*. It makes me so sad seeing that caption, I wonder if she wanted a joint birthday party in case nobody came to his?

I don’t know the first thing about their finances but the current CAMHS/diagnosis situation, I’d be giving up the hairies, the nailies, the Botoxies and going private try anything I could to help him.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
💯. But I wonder if the sulking and pouting was because someone tried to tell her it wasn’t a good idea to put it all online but she’s got her way *again*. It makes me so sad seeing that caption, I wonder if she wanted a joint birthday party in case nobody came to his?

I don’t know the first thing about their finances but the current CAMHS/diagnosis situation, I’d be giving up the hairies, the nailies, the Botoxies and going private try anything I could to help him.
Shed rather ship him off to a boarding school than pay money to get him professional help.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.