Sarah This Mama Life #24 I only came here to vom about “matching hairies”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Youd think Granny would do her fair share and come down to see them
I reckon if her parents came down to her, she would find somewhere else to be all day, every single day. It’s one thing to enjoy spending time with your grandchildren but another to look after them day in day out.

Of course she’ll have ‘important’ things to do in Aberdeen but she won’t get to bail totally (she won’t be able to pull the ‘got to go back to work’ line, surely)

Reactions: 6
It’s not Granny’s responsibility to look after Sarah’s children. Where are Robs parents & family - they NEVER see the kids. Sarah puts on her parents a lot. She goes to Aberdeen and essentially washes her hands of all responsibilities and just lets her mother take care of the kids.
Im not saying it is, Im just saying she could visit sarah, not to babysit but just to visit her.

Although Sarah would just dump the kids on her anyway.

Reactions: 2
Surely they could have left this morning or yesterday and had a stop off somewhere or an overnight! And its really not difficult to keep kids entertained in the car plenty of downloads on the tablet, snacks, toys, books but considering she can't plan a food shop it may be too much for Sarah to organise!!!!
Yes like Robs parents!?

Reactions: 3
This woman is so odd. Who the hell wants to see her breakfast. The only reason I watch her is because I actually find it fascinating how much crap she posts. It’s like she’s living her whole life through her phone. Put your phone down and talk to your kids woman!

Reactions: 13
This woman is so odd. Who the hell wants to see her breakfast. The only reason I watch her is because I actually find it fascinating how much crap she posts. It’s like she’s living her whole life through her phone. Put your phone down and talk to your kids woman!

It’s so awful it’s compelling isn’t it?

Boring Sunday stuff
What the kids are doing
Awful looking dinner
Going to bed
Don’t like my wardrobe haha
Getting up
Crappy breakfast

I mean, what else is in store? Another service station? Maw’s living room? Kids gurning cheesers from the kitchen table as they tuck into soup and sandwiches? Weather update? Remainder that Rob isn’t there? Can’t wait to meet a bestie? Gotta work from home cos ‘not enough leave’?

I see that both her and the Meldrums are heading for Aberdeen this morning. Poor Aberdeen!

Reactions: 9
The fact she only wants to drive when her kids are asleep in the car is seriously odd! They are nt babies they are 6 and 8!

Why not drive so far - stop overnight in a premier inn then carry on the next morning fresh?

Reactions: 16
She misses her comedy eyelashes 🤭
It must be because she thinks they balance out her jaw?!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The fact she only wants to drive when her kids are asleep in the car is seriously odd! They are nt babies they are 6 and 8!

Why not drive so far - stop overnight in a premier inn then carry on the next morning fresh?
I don’t understand why they don’t go early saturday, drive to Robs parents which is around 200 miles (with a break or two) have the afternoon there and stay overnight so the kids can catch up with the other side of the family. They could then leave Sunday morning after breakfast, drive for a couple of hours to somewhere the kids can have a bit of fun running around and burning off energy for an hour or two then complete the journey with another shorter break or two on the way. Add iPads, books, snacks, colouring, car games and a nap to pass the time. She turns it into something far worse than it is by driving through the night, it’s no wonder the kids argue and fight, they are tired, bored and irritable.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I do a similar (slightly shorter) drive with similarly ages kids. I also tend to do it on my own.

It’s simple, leave town x late afternoon / evening. Drive halfwayish (5 hours or so) £50 travelodge, early start and in town y for lunch. You can still have a loo break / coffee stop, kids don’t get bored (audiobooks and I spy etc) and I don’t feel knackered driving all night. Given that Ribs parents are basically en-route I think it’s awful they don’t even drop in, but will see Sarah’s brother who has obviously refused to go to Aberdeen

Reactions: 10
I do a similar (slightly shorter) drive with similarly ages kids. I also tend to do it on my own.

It’s simple, leave town x late afternoon / evening. Drive halfwayish (5 hours or so) £50 travelodge, early start and in town y for lunch. You can still have a loo break / coffee stop, kids don’t get bored (audiobooks and I spy etc) and I don’t feel knackered driving all night. Given that Ribs parents are basically en-route I think it’s awful they don’t even drop in, but will see Sarah’s brother who has obviously refused to go to Aberdeen
It’s a fair detour to go into the centre of Glasgow too! X

Reactions: 7
He brother lives Southside of glasgow (well did last update) its not an easy stop off and why bother if all your going to do is catch up in a restaurant or car park! I think it speaks volumes that her family don't visit her...

It's not her mums responsibility to look after kids but I do find it very strange that her parents don't visit their grandkids more so if they don't work...her mum could fly down every 8weeks for a long weekend easily and they could share the coat between them!

Reactions: 10
He brother lives Southside of glasgow (well did last update) its not an easy stop off and why bother if all your going to do is catch up in a restaurant or car park! I think it speaks volumes that her family don't visit her...

It's not her mums responsibility to look after kids but I do find it very strange that her parents don't visit their grandkids more so if they don't work...her mum could fly down every 8weeks for a long weekend easily and they could share the coat between them!
I don’t think it’s strange at all. Sarah is up in Aberdeen every few months. She sees her parents a lot. Why should her mum and dad be expected to
Go down to hers?
saying that I actually think it’s another one of Sarah’s weird quirks. I doubt she invites anyone down she’s so bleeping strange.

Reactions: 4
I don’t think it’s strange at all. Sarah is up in Aberdeen every few months. She sees her parents a lot. Why should her mum and dad be expected to
Go down to hers?
saying that I actually think it’s another one of Sarah’s weird quirks. I doubt she invites anyone down she’s so bleeping strange.
Think Sarah just needs to take the bleeping hint to be honest. If I lived the opposite end of the country my parents would most definitely make the effort to come to me so as not to impact my children & their routine. The fact that Sarah’s parents don’t ever seem willing to do that for me would be alarm bells. They clearly are also sick of being her babysitters and therefore I’d just keep my kids where they’re settled and happy. Why go all that way for people who so blatantly don’t want to make the effort for you, parents or not?! It’s even more strange when you consider how obsessed Sarah is with her perfect childhood, she’s obviously not that close with her family.

Reactions: 7
Think Sarah just needs to take the bleeping hint to be honest. If I lived the opposite end of the country my parents would most definitely make the effort to come to me so as not to impact my children & their routine. The fact that Sarah’s parents don’t ever seem willing to do that for me would be alarm bells. They clearly are also sick of being her babysitters and therefore I’d just keep my kids where they’re settled and happy. Why go all that way for people who so blatantly don’t want to make the effort for you, parents or not?! It’s even more strange when you consider how obsessed Sarah is with her perfect childhood, she’s obviously not that close with her family.
Whenever she’s at her parents they take complete charge of the kids. I really don’t think you can say they don’t make the effort. Her mum particularly seems to dote on those kids in a way their mother never ever has. Things like doing a proper evening routine - Sarah admits herself that at Granny’s house Lachlan goes off to sleep no bother on his own - he never does that at home with Sarah.
Granny takes the kids out and actually plays with them - while Sarah sits at the opposite end of the garden drinking wine. Sarah’s mum used to travel down to them to look after the kids.

Reactions: 9
If my parents were alive and lived at the other end of the country, I would want them to come down to spend time with their grandson and so we could all do stuff together.

If Sarah invited them down, they’d be left with the kids the minute they got through the door - Sarah would HAVE to go into the office, she’d HAVE to go to the gym rather than working out at home and she’d be arranging brunch with every person she’s ever met before/going to every brand event - just so she could get away from her kids. Maybe her parents won’t indulge her with that?

Reactions: 8
If my parents were alive and lived at the other end of the country, I would want them to come down to spend time with their grandson and so we could all do stuff together.

If Sarah invited them down, they’d be left with the kids the minute they got through the door - Sarah would HAVE to go into the office, she’d HAVE to go to the gym rather than working out at home and she’d be arranging brunch with every person she’s ever met before/going to every brand event - just so she could get away from her kids. Maybe her parents won’t indulge her with that?
Sounds the exactly the same as when she goes to see them apart from the going into the office bit but she will just work from their house instead bless her :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Sounds the exactly the same as when she goes to see them apart from the going into the office bit but she will just work from their house instead bless her :ROFLMAO:
Yes! She’ll suddenly become indispensable in the cut throat world of ordering stationary “mum and dad bless them are taking the kids out with my pupther so I can work ha ha ha ha ha ha”

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.