Sarah This Mama Life #24 I only came here to vom about “matching hairies”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do those kids never get a proper home cooked meal? Theyre always eating out!

Obviously cost of living crisis isn't affecting their household.

Reactions: 10
Do those kids never get a proper home cooked meal? Theyre always eating out!

Obviously cost of living crisis isn't affecting their household.
If it was a choice between eating out and Sarah’s home cooking I know which I would prefer!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I just think she doesn’t like the name Isla - so uses the weird version of Amelia.
Meels is awful though. Milly I could just about get on board with but Meels is ridiculous.
Has she ever said anything about Rob being adamant that Isla was called Isla? I don’t get how you could dislike a name you picked so much, I’m wondering if she calls her ‘Meels’ because she didn’t get to call her Amelia?

She does seem to get an awful lot of her own way though so I’d be shocked if Rob put his foot down

Reactions: 5
Has she ever said anything about Rob being adamant that Isla was called Isla? I don’t get how you could dislike a name you picked so much, I’m wondering if she calls her ‘Meels’ because she didn’t get to call her Amelia?

She does seem to get an awful lot of her own way though so I’d be shocked if Rob put his foot down
I dunno how they came up with Isla. I think it’s a horrible name. Lachlan is also a horrible name and his middle name of Elias is just…… awful. What crack was she smoking when she picked that?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

She said Rob hated Amelia but let her have it as a middle name. I think that why she calls her 'meels' as its like a one up to Rob, like she still got her way in some respects.

Reactions: 7
'Elias' unless it is some family tradition name is bleeping terrible. Not as bad as calling your son Tic or Ticcy..... Not cute, not sweet.

Reactions: 10
I’ve always thought it a bit strange that she went for Lachlan with the “ch” sound that would be pronounced differently by English people, like his dad and everyone else he knows. So he’s Lachlan but usually called Lacklan.

Reactions: 5
I’ve always thought it a bit strange that she went for Lachlan with the “ch” sound that would be pronounced differently by English people, like his dad and everyone else he knows. So he’s Lachlan but usually called Lacklan.
If anyones Pronouncing it as Lak-lan then that’s just wrong - English/Scottish or whatever! It’s not a difficult name to say correctly. It’s just a horrible name.

Reactions: 4
If anyones Pronouncing it as Lak-lan then that’s just wrong - English/Scottish or whatever! It’s not a difficult name to say correctly. It’s just a horrible name.
That is true 😂 and Isla is so common now, I know at least 6.

Reactions: 3
I suspect that was part of the appeal for his attention seeking mother! Every time she tells somebody his name, it would be an opportunity to point out his/her uniqueness,’ and harp on about being Scottish, while acting superior about correct pronunciation.

Lachlan is a lovely name I think. Elias not so much. Isla is also a nice name, if horribly common now. There’s just no need for the whole Meels thing except for Mama to feel a bit different.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
2DB4714A-3433-4855-9848-3C2B91E15525.jpeg

I can’t believe what I’m reading- she’s just admitted she’s debating driving whilst tired (which is well known to be just as bad- if not even more dangerous than drink driving) just sothe kids will be asleep in the car & she doesn’t have to deal with them being awake?! Poor bloody kids- sleeping in a car seat all night can not be comfortable- and would be even worse if Mama got into a car crash because she dozed off at the wheel…

• Angry
Reactions: 15
View attachment 1672075
I can’t believe what I’m reading- she’s just admitted she’s debating driving whilst tired (which is well known to be just as bad- if not even more dangerous than drink driving) just sothe kids will be asleep in the car & she doesn’t have to deal with them being awake?! Poor bloody kids- sleeping in a car seat all night can not be comfortable- and would be even worse if Mama got into a car crash because she dozed off at the wheel…
Just be a parent maybe and parent your kids?? No need to drive through the night just discipline and ask them to stop complaining. Isla is what eight?? Old enough to be told enough is enough. You don’t need to drive in the middle of the night 😒

Reactions: 14
Off to Scotland again! I bet her neighbours get sick of looking after her cats.

She should just relocate to Scotland.

Just be a parent maybe and parent your kids?? No need to drive through the night just discipline and ask them to stop complaining. Isla is what eight?? Old enough to be told enough is enough. You don’t need to drive in the middle of the night 😒
Or she could just speak to her children during the journey, keep them entertained by playing simple games with them in the car, let them watch films on their iPads etc, or better still don’t take them on a 10 hour bloody drive and fly instead! If they get bored and crabby, fine, deal with it like any parent would. Don’t make them suffer and potentially have a car crash because you can’t be bothered to deal with them moaning.

so she’s taken annual leave for half termthis week and is driving up to her mums- so we think she will actually parent her children and spend quality time with them & the grandparents or just dump them & run the first chance she gets??

Reactions: 15
Or she could just speak to her children during the journey, keep them entertained by playing simple games with them in the car, let them watch films on their iPads etc, or better still don’t take them on a 10 hour bloody drive and fly instead! If they get bored and crabby, fine, deal with it like any parent would. Don’t make them suffer and potentially have a car crash because you can’t be bothered to deal with them moaning.

so she’s taken annual leave for half termthis week and is driving up to her mums- so we think she will actually parent her children and spend quality time with them & the grandparents or just dump them & run the first chance she gets??
The things she does to avoid being a parent 🙄 We’ve just driven home to Aberdeenshire from south of Manchester and did it all in the day. The kids have listened to audio books, chatted, played with fidgets, played eye spy etc and just good old fashioned looked out the window 😆 Sure they get a bit bored and restless but we drip feed sweets to ease things along. It’s just part of our holiday process. Sara disgusts me with her blatant lack of motherly feelings or considerations, it’s all about her and never about the kids.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.