Sarah This Mama Life #20 Can’t be bother to teach my kids to read, more interested in checking Insta feed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She needs to get a grip and stop romanticising Aberdeen. The place is a dump. It’s bleeping cold, grey, depressing, wet, expensive (even though it’s a tit hole) - it’s not even a real city, it’s like a glorified large town. It’s not somewhere to dream of moving to at all. And what is it she’s so desperate to move back for? In a few years? She won’t have a job in Aberdeen so she will be starting from scratch work wise, as will Rob, she won’t be living in her parents house so it’s not going to be like going “home” for a week of her mum looking after the kids and Sarah drinking wine sitting on her arse watching. Plus by then she’s going to have 2 kids who will be teenagers or just abouts, 2 hormonal teens who ARE FROM THE SOUTH OF ENGLAND who she wants to uproot and drag all the way up there for what? I’ve lived in Aberdeen and I now live on the south coast of England and there is a stark contrast between the two places in terms of the weather, the physical attributes of the places, the people - why she wants to drag her family up to Aberdeen is honestly beyond me.
Betty doing a fine job for the Aberdeen tourist board there 😂. I live in Abz and pretty much agree with this (but could list a couple of positives to balance it up a bit!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Betty doing a fine job for the Aberdeen tourist board there 😂. I live in Abz and pretty much agree with this (but could list a couple of positives to balance it up a bit!)
You know what I’m getting at though. She has no genuine ties to Aberdeen really - her parents live there but so what? SHE doesn’t have a life there; Rob has NEVER lived there and her CHILDREN are born & bred south coast English kids who go to
See Granny & Grandad up in Scotland once or twice a year - it’s not their home. She’s got some hard on for Aberdeen but I honestly think she gets fixated on things and almost obsessive with it, it’s another one of her mental health issues.

Reactions: 12
She needs to get a grip and stop romanticising Aberdeen. The place is a dump. It’s bleeping cold, grey, depressing, wet, expensive (even though it’s a tit hole) - it’s not even a real city, it’s like a glorified large town. It’s not somewhere to dream of moving to at all. And what is it she’s so desperate to move back for? In a few years? She won’t have a job in Aberdeen so she will be starting from scratch work wise, as will Rob, she won’t be living in her parents house so it’s not going to be like going “home” for a week of her mum looking after the kids and Sarah drinking wine sitting on her arse watching. Plus by then she’s going to have 2 kids who will be teenagers or just abouts, 2 hormonal teens who ARE FROM THE SOUTH OF ENGLAND who she wants to uproot and drag all the way up there for what? I’ve lived in Aberdeen and I now live on the south coast of England and there is a stark contrast between the two places in terms of the weather, the physical attributes of the places, the people - why she wants to drag her family up to Aberdeen is honestly beyond me.
Factor in that her parents are getting older and could develop health issues and need help themselves. Just imagine Sarah as a carer 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I dont understand why you would order a carvery drive to collect it and bring it home then put it on your plates and then do the dishes??? Is it just me that thinks that's bonkers!

Why not each at the carvery????

Reactions: 13
I dont understand why you would order a carvery drive to collect it and bring it home then put it on your plates and then do the dishes??? Is it just me that thinks that's bonkers!

I thought exactly the same thing…..!

Reactions: 4

Because it was a paid ad?

Reactions: 3
One thing (of many) that baffles me about Sarah and lots of other influenzas is why they do these beg posts looking for engagement on their ads. It’s utterly, goose-bumpily cringe - just smacks of desperation and I don’t get how the brands being plugged can think it reflects well on the brand either. CRINGE!!!!!

Attachments

Reactions: 10
Yeah I’m with you, there are definitely good things about Aberdeen but you’re not wrong Betty. Aberdeen is not the place it was and that’s being put firmly at the door of the decline in oil. It’ll never be like it was when she lived here before. It is expensive because even though we have areas of true poverty, someone decided that we all work in the oil and we all have pots of disposable cash. Our flat has been up for sale for ages, the market has been saturated with “buy to let” properties that folk are selling at a snip. Pre-pandemic I used to worry about going out and about in the city centre in case some unsuspecting tourist asked what I thought they should do in Aberdeen and my answer would be “leave” 😂

I can’t imagine living anywhere else but that’s due to my husband’s work. But it’s really not fair to have this fantasy of what it would be like living nearer to her parents, based on visiting them twice a year. I wonder if she’s asked her mum and dad “do you think we should move to Aberdeen?” They would be horrified. They’d probably offer to do a house exchange. Does she even have friends who live in Aberdeen?

Reactions: 6
Hey Sarah.

You might be on the ASA hit list soon.

I suspect this isn’t the kind of feature you want to be seen in though…
Rule-breaking influencers to be called out by ASA

Social media influencers who consistently fail to tell their followers when they are paid to promote products will soon be named on Instagram by the UK’s advertising watchdog.

Reactions: 5
I am on tenterhooks waiting for the rest of the funny story. Haha

As predicted it was bleeping hilarious.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Anytime she says “so, funny story” I just know I’m going to be sitting there like 😐😐😐 like not even a slight-exhale-through-the-nose laugh

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Wow that was…an anticlimax. THATS a disaster??
Why couldn’t she leave work earlier, she does that all the time for her errands?!
Why is she cooking with her hair dangling over her shoulders into the pan!?
Glad to see the sausages are back 🤣

Can’t wait to see what exciting rollercoasters are in store tomorrow on her “digital creator” day 🤣

Reactions: 9
Wow. That was dull. So the “funny” story punchline was that yet again, Sarah forgot about something that’s to do with her son. I don’t see why it’s funny that she’s so unorganised when it comes to her children.
also she gets so awkward when her children come near her when she’s talking to her phone. She looks on edge when Isla walks in and quickly ends the filming.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.