Sarah This Mama Life #11 Unlike Chris Rea, Sarah wont be driving home for Christmas.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair I don’t blame her being a bit gutted she can’t see her family at Christmas, she is having the same reaction most of us had except she is doing it publicly rather than with a close group of friends.

I do think tho she has so much to be happy about and should be focusing on that! Her husband is home, all healthy, they have secure jobs and have been able to drop £425k on a 4 bed house in a lovely area just in time for Xmas.!
Just imagine spending £425,000 on a house to MOAN you’ve got to be in it! Crazy. I find it odd how she said she wasn’t planning to move until in 5 years time back up to Scotland, and that they’ve been saving but didn’t expect to buy down here. bleeping hell were they going for a mansion?! To get a £425k house yet you wanted 5 years more or savings?! Unless she’s concerned that her social media presence isn’t stable and so wanted to pay for a bigger % mortgage or maybe have enough money to move in and buy new everything.. but an IKEA house won’t cost that much. I get the feeling it isn’t ‘enough’ for her. She’s moaning that the house isn’t perfect and the tiles are ‘gross’ and the carpet is disgusting apparently. Shes bought a house and is being a brat

Reactions: 8
To be fair I don’t blame her being a bit gutted she can’t see her family at Christmas, she is having the same reaction most of us had except she is doing it publicly rather than with a close group of friends.

I do think tho she has so much to be happy about and should be focusing on that! Her husband is home, all healthy, they have secure jobs and have been able to drop £425k on a 4 bed house in a lovely area just in time for Xmas.!
How much ,,,??
whats a deposit these says 20% ?
so 80 odd grand to lay down in a hurry tget the kid into a school.
What an oblivious, obnoxious twit

Reactions: 7
What I’m still trying to figure out is why she rushed to move everything into her new house if she didn’t intend on being here for Christmas? Why would you move everything then down tools and travel to Scotland for 5 days? Talk about adding stress where there doesn’t need to be. Deep clean your new house and do odd DIY you need to do, do Christmas then move after? She had a perfectly functioning house, why try and do it all so quickly? She literally has zero brain cells and I’m glad she can’t go to Scotland - about time you had to make an effort with BOTH of your children 👍🏻

Reactions: 15
What I’m still trying to figure out is why she rushed to move everything into her new house if she didn’t intend on being here for Christmas? Why would you move everything then down tools and travel to Scotland for 5 days? Talk about adding stress where there doesn’t need to be. Deep clean your new house and do odd DIY you need to do, do Christmas then move after? She had a perfectly functioning house, why try and do it all so quickly? She literally has zero brain cells and I’m glad she can’t go to Scotland - about time you had to make an effort with BOTH of your children 👍🏻
id imagine the plan was to go to Scotland for the duration of the festive break - not just for the 5 allowed days but for Christmas and new year, they Probably weren’t going to come back down until early January which is why I think they wanted to get moved and sorted before Xmas so that they were done before having to hand the keys back for the other house.

Reactions: 10
She is such an overgrown brat. It's ridiculous all this Isla begged, she's 6.. she must be a right drama queen otf she was all like that!
Yeah we're all a bit gutted Xmas isn't looking like our normal, but guess what, we're all used to being disappointed this year and we're getting on with it. A new house, tree, healthy kids and a husband who has recently come back - like that's the dream surely? Cosying up on the sofa watching them open presents, no rushing, settling into your new home and having nowhere you need to be. Just call your mum daily, facetime or zoom and be done with it 🙄

Reactions: 17
id imagine the plan was to go to Scotland for the duration of the festive break - not just for the 5 allowed days but for Christmas and new year, they Probably weren’t going to come back down until early January which is why I think they wanted to get moved and sorted before Xmas so that they were done before having to hand the keys back for the other house.
Your bang on thats exactly what she planned!!

Reactions: 4
Oh duck me. I just realised that after all her tears over Christmas we will have her crying over no hogmanay back "home".

• Haha
Think you’ve hit the nail on the head there!

Reactions: 2
Planning on stripping perfectly inoffensive wallpaper next week. Honestly, did this woman get dropped on her head as a baby? Is that really a priority when you have just moved in and haven't planned for being there for Christmas?
i had this all over my old flat, ( fairly new build) and I just painted Over it. It was put up really well so didn’t see the point in stripping it off.

I wonder if this is the start of her justifying going? Isla couldn't stop crying, I couldnt stop crying. It was bad for our mental health
If Isla is that upset that’s on Sarah!! Yes she will be upset over not seeing her grandparents, but normally as parents you big up the whole never mind, we have a new house, it’s exciting line, even if you are gutted! Spend the time talking to them about their new bedrooms, colours they want it painted, how they want the garden to look with their things in it, go for walks around the area, not hard!! Explain how lucky you all are!! All they have seen is her being moody and crying. Poor kids.

Last edited:
I wonder if this is the start of her justifying going? Isla couldn't stop crying, I couldnt stop crying. It was bad for our mental health
She won’t get into Scotland. I have a relative who works for Police Scotland and they will be actively policing the border.

• Heart
Loving the Sarah tit-show! She brings everything upon herself. Not booking internet for the new house, telling your kids plans for Xmas when they will inevitably be cancelled due to being in the middle of a global pandemic, not being prepared and having back up plans and Xmas food in the freezer.
If I was in a lovely new house like her I would be loving spending Christmas there with my family, making it special just us in our new home, feeling grateful for everything we had in times of such uncertainty and hardship.
She is incredibly selfish, everything is always on her terms,’doing what she wants to do. Every Christmas Day is spent with her family in Scotland, never Robs.
She is just so incredibly odd. I wonder what she’s like in real life and what the people who know her actually think of her?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
i had this all over my old flat, ( fairly new build) and I just painted Over it. It was put up really well so didn’t see the point in stripping it off.

If Isla is that upset that’s on Sarah!! Yes she will be upset over not seeing her grandparents, but normally as parents you big up the whole never mind, we have a new house, it’s exciting line, even if you are gutted! Spend the time talking to them about their new bedrooms, colours they want it painted, how they want the garden to look with their things in it, go for walks around the area, not hard!! Explain how lucky you all are!! All they have seen is her being moody and crying. Poor kids.
this!! You just plow through. Even if you feel really tit you paint a smile on and squeal at boring tit and then cry when they’re in bed. You make it work. I have crippling depression but sometimes you have to just steel yourself, and if you can’t, you let your partner (if you have one) to take over the peppiness.

Reactions: 5
I do hope for Rob and the kids' sake that she wakes up this morning with a better attitude, otherwise it will be Sarah (not Nicola Sturgeon) who ruins Christmas for the whole family.

Christmas in your new home! How exciting! It's really something to be celebrated and a memory to be cherished.

Maybe the house has some wallpaper or paint that Sarah doesn't like, but I'm sure that she can live with it for a bit. She lived for so long in that MOD house that she couldn't do any work to.

This one has wound me up the last few days.

Turn it into a positive for the sake of your kids - ‘guess what kids, Dad and I have decided that we are so excited about our new house we are going to stay here for Christmas and it’s going to be so special!’

It’s not difficult. She’s a 30 odd year old mother, there’s times when you just have to put your big girl pants on and be a source of strength and stability for your family.

Sarah has some very deep rooted issues and she is projecting them only her children. So unhealthy.

You have your husband home, a beautiful new house, two healthy children and both of you have secure jobs. Take a second and look at how lucky you are. It will do you the world of good.

Also, this year is going to be weird for everyone. Go to the shop, buy what food you can, even if it’s sausages (😂) it will do! Stick some roasties in the oven and boil some peas, job done. It’s really not the end of the world?!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She has said nothing remotely positive about this house yet!! She hated MOD housing and now she's hating this place..... How bad can it be the kitchen looks way better then the old place!

She’s never satisfied. A deeply unhappy and troubled person. The absolute last thing she needs is to have another baby. I bet she’s a nightmare to live with. Also she’s weird with how she talks to her kids especially Lachlan. Reminds me of how my friends without children speak to my kids. Super friendly, but awkward and distant somehow. Very odd.

Reactions: 17
I feel so genuinely sad for the children. Their mother - who should provide strength and stability - is acting like the biggest child in the house

the passive aggression on those stories is dreadful - they must be walking on egg shells. The last one saying the nativity is up so “maybe” it feels a bit like Christmas and then ending “maybe.....” again. So maybe not...just in case anyone got their hopes up about the mood lifting. it’s just awful. If I were her parents, I would be beside myself worrying about the children. I hope they see these stories, give her a ring and tell her to pull herself together. If I was a parent at school or worked with her, I would be absolutely disgusted and would find it very hard to hide it

Even the story about the tree with two sad decorations on it - being done. Half joking, whole serious. I get the feeling Rob is downstairs with the children trying to get the tree up and have a bit of normality and Sarah is upstairs sobbing and finding fault with everything and going into a depressive spiral before coming down intermittently to have outbursts at them or cry/complain about everything before retreating. Grim

Reactions: 16
How many people have lost a parent, sibling, spouse etc this year? A family member of mine has, instead of feeling down they waited for the grandchildren to be over and put the decorations up with them to lift spirits and make them feel better!

She is acting like this is the worst thing to ever happen! She needs to remember they'll be there next year!

Unfortunately she wont even try and enjoy it, probably for fear that everyone will enjoy too much and say no to Scotland next year! We barely even change from Pjs on Christmas day, we would never opt to go elsewhere... too good in our own house!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
How many people have lost a parent, sibling, spouse etc this year? A family member of mine has, instead of feeling down they waited for the grandchildren to be over and put the decorations up with them to lift spirits and make them feel better!

She is acting like this is the worst thing to ever happen! She needs to remember they'll be there next year!

Unfortunately she wont even try and enjoy it, probably for fear that everyone will enjoy too much and say no to Scotland next year! We barely even change from Pjs on Christmas day, we would never opt to go elsewhere... too good in our own house!
Absolutely right re Scotland. If I were her parents, I would speak to her after this and suggest Scotland every second year. Explain that the children are getting older and it is really important they make memories in their new house and as their own little family and also ensure that Rob’s family are included. The parents could come down and stay

Reactions: 3
What makes it worse is with deployments there could be a chance Rob is away next year and shes going about miserable!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.