Sarah This Mama Life #11 Unlike Chris Rea, Sarah wont be driving home for Christmas.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if this is the start of her justifying going? Isla couldn't stop crying, I couldnt stop crying. It was bad for our mental health

Reactions: 5
I'm sorry I don't believe for one second that was Islas reaction.
My son isnt that much older, we had our holiday cancelled last week, booked a year ago, and he was very much oh well I'm sad but these are the rules!
He wouldnt even consider if hes been good or not having an impact! I feel that's Sarah's thought through Isla!

That said, I've followed the rules so hes had a long time to get used to this! Sarah has continued as normal so her children may not even be aware of this pandemic!
Same here. We haven't been able to see my parents for a year as my mum had cancer and was shielding. Thankfully chemo worked. We were hoping to see them but can't now. We don't see DH's parents either as too far for them to travel for the day and back

We have 3 little ones - 2 younger than Isla, one the same age. We made it clear to them that we would be at home on Christmas day and weren't quite sure what would be happening due to the virus. Told them today - quite matter of fact - that the rules had changed but we would still have a lovely day at home and facetime family. Then we will have another amazing Christmas when we can see them again and even put the tree up again. They were delighted with that TBH. Maybe they are not as sensitive as Isla though and easily fobbed off 😂

DH is front line HCP and worked pretty much all the way through and will work through Xmas and NY period - although has Christmas and NY day off which is brill ad he has been on call before. God knows what time he will get home on 24th but whatever - I'll have stuff sorted. His job means he has a high risk of getting Covid so we are just delighted he gets Christmas Day off (and can wear normal others not full PPE for aerosol generating surgical procedures which is fun) and he and his colleagues are all pretty much in one piece as we know two older colleagues who were on ventilators in March. He's taken no holidays at all apart from 2 Bank Holidays. So we count ourselves as bloody lucky. We are all well/have money to buy presents and a lovely home and garden to spend time in. We know we are very privileged

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I wonder if this is the start of her justifying going? Isla couldn't stop crying, I couldnt stop crying. It was bad for our mental health
That wouldn’t justify them going. I’ll say it again so Sarah can hear me - if they go to Scotland she’s being reported. If I even think they are going they are being reported. That’s the downside of sharing “5minutes” of your day all over Instagram Sarah - suck it up buttercup!!!!

Reactions: 11
My teenager cried when she heard about tier 4 because her friends had planned a picnic and secret Santa swap on Tuesday. I gave her a hug and said that I knew it was tit, I was disappointed too and that I’d hoped we’d be able to get together with cousins for a walk on Boxing Day. I don’t expect anyone to feel sorry for us. We’re not in a terrible position. It’s just life and yes it feels unfair but it’s unfair on lots of people isn’t it? Sarah hadn’t even bothered to have a back up plan which is just insane. Does she not watch the news? Does she even know what a pandemic is? It’s not about random rules being made up because we’re on a downward slope to Gillead, it’s about preventing death FFS

Reactions: 9
I’m so sorry that Isla is upset as I don’t like the thought of the kids being upset by this. It’s hard enough for us as adults to process all this never mind kids but why don’t you tell Isla about the potential deadly virus she could give to her grandparents if they do travel eh Sarah. Or you could tell her how lucky she is that she has moved into a lovely new home for Xmas, will have food, heat and presents since so many little kids won’t this Xmas due to this deadly virus.

Reactions: 13
Oh of course ISLA was so
Upset... course. It’s always Isla that’s upset/sad/emotional....

HELLO SARAH YOU HAVE 2 CHILDREN————— HOWS LACHLAN? REMEMBER LACHLAN? YOUR SON?? I KNOW YOU PRETEND HE DOESNT EXIST AND YOU IGNORE HIM 99% OF THE TIME BUT HE IS STILL THERE!!!!!!

If Isla was upset then it’s the fault of her two dozy parents. Those kids should be so exited that they have a lovely new house, that it’s nearly Christmas, that Santa will come to the new house to deliver presents and that mummy & daddy will both be at home with them to celebrate. Sarah & Rob should be ensuring that this is what those kids are being told not sad act Sarah acting like a knob.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
If Isla really is as devastated as Sarah says she is, then it is up to Sarah and Rob to play down their own disappointment and play up how lucky they are to have moved into their beautiful new home (which is sooooo much better than the awful military accommodation they’ve been subjected to 🙄) just in time for Christmas and be really excited about getting it ready for a Santa and all the #memories they’ll be able to make there. Kids take their cues from their parents, be happy and most often they will be too, be a miserable moaning fucker and you’ll get whiny, bored, moaning kids.

Reactions: 18
I for one am so bloody glad that for once these poor kids won’t be stuffed into the car exhausted late at night in their PJs for a crazy long journey there and back then plonked straight back into full time childcare. I don’t think Sarah ever got the message that once you’re a mum you have to think of your children first and your own needs SECOND.

Upset at staying at home? I bet the children are thrilled that for once they’re not rushing from cafe to cafe and will actually be at home to play with their toys and adjust to their new home.

Reactions: 17
Oh poor Isla, once again Lachlan is an after thought. If Sarah's been crying and sulking since it was announced yesterday then of course the kids are going to react that way. Why not put a positive spin on it? This shouldn't come as a shock considering there has been hints etc in the news on sturgeon was saying don't travel to Scotland earlier in the week.

Reactions: 10
I am going through all these posts and liking them SO HARD!

Sarah has a responsibility to show the kids how much fun they are going to have anyway.
And if my husband went in a massive huff because he couldn’t make me and the children drive hundreds of miles to his parents EVERY Christmas then I would be raging and very hurt.
My husband and children are enough for me. I’m happy to spend Christmas with them.

Reactions: 14
I am going through all these posts and liking them SO HARD!

Sarah has a responsibility to show the kids how much fun they are going to have anyway.
And if my husband went in a massive huff because he couldn’t make me and the children drive hundreds of miles to his parents EVERY Christmas then I would be raging and very hurt.
My husband and children are enough for me. I’m happy to spend Christmas with them.
Same here.

The house looks nice and, as someone who has just shelled out a not considerable sums for plantation shutters, I am envious that they seem to have a set on every window!

They have so much to be grateful and thankful for. Sorting the house out and doing physical activity is great for taking the mind off things. Moving house is such a special time and I feel.genuinely sad for them that it is being spoiled by how Sarah is chosing to manifest her disappointment. I am really disappointed that I won't see my parents but they woukd be furious if they thought I was acting out in front of my own children and upsetting them. Why did isla keep saying she had been good etc? Why didn't Sarah reassure her the first time she said it that it had nothing to do with her behavior? Why didn't isla know that all arrangements were up in the air? Probably Sarah went into tell her screaming and bawling and it all started from there. Poor kid

Reactions: 15
My three year old understands on a v basic level that things aren’t normal, and frequently asks to do things “after the virus”
But then, can we expect her to explain it to them when they aren’t even allowed proper plates?

Reactions: 7
Agree with the comments about Isla, and if that was her reaction it’s because Sarah said X and Y changed the rules and we can’t go rather than explaining properly it’s about keeping people safe.

Reactions: 8
That's it - I've had to unfollow. Just cannot stand any more bloody moaning - she is so lucky and so privileged. My husband is also in the Navy (and they all know who Rob is and what his wife gets up to online 🤣)

We're just happy to have him home with us (and so grateful he has job security) Oh...and knowing that the Navy monitor what you put on social media we are bloody careful not to witch or moan about things on there or to post, or to post the interiors of your offices or planes! But hey, who cares about that when you're an Instahun.

Rant over...god that feels better 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Anything we have planned for our kid we've kept it to ourselves till the day of we haven't got her hopes up for anything!.....mind you im not a fanny!

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.