Sarah Akwisombe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow. Just catching up on all this. I think it’s really bad form of Sarah to post on insta seeking sympathy or promoting her book but not acknowledge what has gone on. She really has lost everything I liked about her and is doing the opposite of championing women. She’s definitely waiting to see what people are saying and how it pans out in order to decide how to approach it. The stuff people are saying from the groups is pure cult-like, baffles me that grown adults can be so defensive over a woman they’ve never met and who would clearly throw them under the bus if necessary.

With regards to that Llewy - what a con man. I am not blaming anyone in her group as SHE brought him in. But outside of that, surely anyone would check his insta out and realise he’s an absolute fake. ‘Weekend millionaire’ bullshit, all on the never never. We can all do that mate.

I hope no one who paid for her courses feels bad, it’s not your fault, she did come across genuine and smart and aspirational! Please don’t beat yourself up. I still can’t decide if she’s been led astray or willingly conned people. The way she’s dealing with the aftermath isn’t great I have to say. She needs to refund immediately - you guys paid for a service which has not been delivered. Any other business would be dragged through the mud and forced to refund.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Long time lurker and I just want to begin with the fact I am a very level headed business woman, but I totally got sucked in. My business is very successful and is not online. I’ve followed Sarah for years as we used to be in some mutual business groups and have a few mutual friends, but we’ve never met. I invested in a couple of her earlier courses which were good - you got what you paid for really, and I learnt what I needed to know, but in no shape or form did she over deliver.

I was also one of her early sign ups to her manifesting course which as others have said, it’s pretty much the Secret and uplevelling projects. Nothing new was learnt and apart from weekly lives, there was little input from Sarah herself despite people tagging her in the Facebook group. I always found that a bit rude if I’m honest. I do like Jen a lot though.

Anyway I was one of the wallies who signed up for the latest coaching extravaganza with Llewy. I think he’s a complete tit, but trust was put into Sarah that he’s doing something pretty special. I wanted in. Once I’d signed up I instantly thought wtf have I done, but I suppose I got caught up in the excitement. Again I’m not even online and by no way a cheerleader, but was excited by the moves she was making.

Anyway I was emailed the other day to say it’s cancelled and refunds will be processed soon. I feel a twit for not knowing better. I understand NLP and knew exactly what they were up to (I even noticed gestures and a smirk she does when she’s selling.) It’s all so text book and obvious.

I don’t believe she’s been screwed over, I think she looked in the mirror and realised she had become the exact MLM hun she’d always taken the piss out of. If she hadn’t heard the truth here she’d still be selling their courses. Watching her live when she hit a million made me cringe so much. Him in his sunglasses being a puppeteer, her looking like a hungover teenager giggling over putting weed in her vape. They played these weird roles and she certainly wasn’t the bossbabe she wanted to come across.

This feminist shite she spouts is simply a tacky sales tactic and she knows that women are bottom of the pile in this pandemic, but selling them snake oil is not empowering. When I step back and see her for what she is, it’s really bloody depressing. Rather than buying “anchors” of trainers and naff handbags, why not empower women with your money (obviously she can spend her money how she wishes but seriously, that handbag!) She really is the epitome of the patriarchal system. And that post about Marley not wanting her mum to go away, explaining she had to to help frigging womankind. Seriously. It’s always about her and her ego. 100% narcissist. I mean, who films themselves crying ffs?

In honesty I don’t think she’ll make much of a comeback. Coaches come and go out of fashion. Anyone remember Kimra Luna? She’s had her 5 minutes and there’s only so many courses she can flog to her loyal minions. All of her success came from collaborations (first Jen Stanbrook the Pinterest lady who’s also been sucked in by Llewy and Jesus it makes me feel sad see her running in the rain a la Smashing It crew, then Jen Mcfarlane and now Llewy.) No one will want to touch her now and what else has she got to sell? Phone covers and concrete oil burners?

I’m so glad it’s been cancelled. I’m thankful I don’t have to tag them in 5.30am stories of me lunging to TLC.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I think it must be that they dont want to feel like they've wasted their money or be taken for a ride. Think they're trying to convince themselves more than anyone else.

Reactions: 2
I’ve followed a number of Sarah’s clients over the last few months and was surprised to see two of them who I really respected (who happen to live near me in Scotland, a cool shop owner and an interior stylist) going on to work with her and Llewy... I was just like, what the duck can these goons possibly teach you, they know nothing! Then they both started posting their early morning workouts and it all became really predictable 🙄 I wonder what they both make of all this...

• Heart
Reactions: 4
She sold the Facebook group as a safe place to share. It was anything but that! Quite the opposite. Nothing about this course was safe. Her mental health will vouch for that although I truly do wish her full healing.
She did not deliver on so many levels. Time to pay people back.

• Sad
Do you know what - I would have more sympathy for all of the mental health stuff if she actually explained what happened. As all she's done is made a tit ton of money off her followers and not given one good solid reason for its cancellation.

Reactions: 7
Do you know what - I would have more sympathy for all of the mental health stuff if she actually explained what happened. As all she's done is made a tit ton of money off her followers and not given one good solid reason for its cancellation.
Completely agree with you. She would have saved her reputation if she'd have been honest and then asked for a bit of space without all the Instagram fakeness. We would all have supported her.

Been lurking this thread, hi 👋🏻
Jen is live in the M&M group, doesn’t seem to know what’s going on.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Wow. Just catching up on all this. I think it’s really bad form of Sarah to post on insta seeking sympathy or promoting her book but not acknowledge what has gone on. She really has lost everything I liked about her and is doing the opposite of championing women. She’s definitely waiting to see what people are saying and how it pans out in order to decide how to approach it. The stuff people are saying from the groups is pure cult-like, baffles me that grown adults can be so defensive over a woman they’ve never met and who would clearly throw them under the bus if necessary.

With regards to that Llewy - what a con man. I am not blaming anyone in her group as SHE brought him in. But outside of that, surely anyone would check his insta out and realise he’s an absolute fake. ‘Weekend millionaire’ bullshit, all on the never never. We can all do that mate.

I hope no one who paid for her courses feels bad, it’s not your fault, she did come across genuine and smart and aspirational! Please don’t beat yourself up. I still can’t decide if she’s been led astray or willingly conned people. The way she’s dealing with the aftermath isn’t great I have to say. She needs to refund immediately - you guys paid for a service which has not been delivered. Any other business would be dragged through the mud and forced to refund.
This is the bonkers thing, if we came across Llewys Instagram account, most of us agreed that we would run a mile, it just shows the power that Sarah had and the level of trust.

I was actually ashamed to tag him in stuff, I have clients that follow me and thankfully I think I only tagged them both twice because I think workout content is boring as tit anyway! But I had people ask what the hell I was thinking and the way he came across initially on the lives and the reasoning he gave for being so flash, actually made sense!

Also, I know people on her group coaching who have said you get 30 minutes a week and are told to exercise and go on Instagram Stories and that's it. Pretty much the same as Smashing It 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 2
@Factsnottrash you are highlighting another serious problem with this. Ie people being told to “trust the process” and do as they’re told actually putting their reputation as a business owner at risk (not saying that you have done that, I’m talking about those who went to town with the tagging, the stories, the captions etc).

@Factsnottrash you are highlighting another serious problem with this. Ie people being told to “trust the process” and do as they’re told actually putting their reputation as a business owner at risk (not saying that you have done that, I’m talking about those who went to town with the tagging, the stories, the captions etc).
Exactly. We're all said the same. For those us with existing businesses it could be pretty damaging being associated with all of this. I refused to tag them from the beginning because it just wasn't relevant for my brand or business. But yes, many people tagged them more than once a day!

• Angry
Why's she posting random Gwen Stefani shite on Insta? Can't she stay off the gram for five minutes? Either take a break and mean it, or come back and face the giant shitstorm you've caused!

Reactions: 13
I’ve been lurking for a long time, but I’m one of the numpties who joined Smashing It. What made me decide to comment on here today was the comment above about the Facebook group being promised as a safe space, and being anything but. The investment was massive for me, money is tight but I bought into all of it, and I was incredibly open and vulnerable in that group, but jumped upon not just by the cheerleaders but also by Sarah herself. I never really respected him, but I was there because I couldn’t see how else I could afford access to her. What a wally I am, I’d have had more access to her passing her in the street. Yet still, even now, there are cheerleaders (TT anyone?) jumping on everyone, telling us we should be grateful and respectful. I am hurt and embarrassed.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I said I wouldn’t comment further however I have to as in my last post I said it was a case of crocodile tears and two penny millionaires. Frankly I think both Sarah and lewy are full of tit and wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole. She was so greedy she saw his posts and thought I want a piece of that life and he saw her engaged audience and wham! Chaos and destruction ensued. To anyone who has paid I’d be seeking advice from trading standards as this kind of behaviour needs to be reported. Sarah has zero life experience that’s plainly obvious and her no bullshit school has a sense of severe irony given the whole thing is bullshit. I have friends who do courses to get ahead in business and there’s no bullshit, no flash or brash arrogant attitudes and they have YEARS of experience and no criminal record like brother lewy there . He’s as slippery as an eel and she’s as greedy and selfish. How she’s bagged a lovely man like Jason I do not know. The guy is a saint. Without him she’d be nothing . He allows her to follow her selfishness whilst he is mum and dad to those kids. I’m sorry but lewy and Sarah deserve eachother but neither of them should be allowed to trade and should be avoided at any cost.

Reactions: 12
Why's she posting random Gwen Stefani shite on Insta? Can't she stay off the gram for five minutes? Either take a break and mean it, or come back and face the giant shitstorm you've caused!
Exactly. This is what's pissing people off more and more!!!! She can't watch a video from one of her upset customers but she can go on Instagram Stories.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
As per her latest post, she’s getting herself grounded again so that she can re-emerge as a true leader to women. She has no time for petty refunds or addressing complains

Reactions: 5
I’ve been lurking for a long time, but I’m one of the numpties who joined Smashing It. What made me decide to comment on here today was the comment above about the Facebook group being promised as a safe space, and being anything but. The investment was massive for me, money is tight but I bought into all of it, and I was incredibly open and vulnerable in that group, but jumped upon not just by the cheerleaders but also by Sarah herself. I never really respected him, but I was there because I couldn’t see how else I could afford access to her. What a wally I am, I’d have had more access to her passing her in the street. Yet still, even now, there are cheerleaders (TT anyone?) jumping on everyone, telling us we should be grateful and respectful. I am hurt and embarrassed.
TT Is a bleeping bully and needs exposing herself.

Reactions: 3
@Rainbowsandglitter i said I wouldnt post again either as I thought I’d said enough 😂 but getting more and more incredulous as it all unfolds and she carries on being arrogant as before . Just cast your eye back to earlier posts where she basically said she gave no fucks about anything or what people said about her and only money .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.