Sanity Alliance Guild

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i would love to see you performing fouettes :) Huge ballet fan here.
Although I once made an idiot of myself calling them foo-ettes to my daughter's friend who was a professional ballet dancer - the shame!
When we finally meet, my pointe shoes shall be with me @Geranium ... I promise. đŸ©°

And you did not make an idiot of yourself - fouettĂ© is a term that is only used in the ballet world, besides Master Midnight still calls them ‘fart-es’ and he came to ballet classes with me for years! 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
When we finally meet, my pointe shoes shall be with me @Geranium ... I promise. đŸ©°

And you did not make an idiot of yourself - fouettĂ© is a term that is only used in the ballet world, besides Master Midnight still calls them ‘fart-es’ and he came to ballet classes with me for years! 😉
You’ve made me feel better already ❀

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Can you imagine - hordes of people you don’t know tipping up at your wedding :rolleyes:...
I’m on the groom’s side...

That reminds me of my father! He was a VERY funny man. I possibly inherited my sense of the absurd from him...When he was on leave from the army during and just after the war - he used to go out to a florist on a Friday afternoon and buy 2 carnations. One for him and one for his friend (also bonkers). They both used to get dressed in a smart suit on a Saturday, shine their shoes and put the carnations in their buttonholes. Then they would go for a walk and find a church holding a wedding. They would walk into the church smiling and waving at everyone. They would attend the wedding and go to the reception afterwards. In those day the wedding party usually consisted of a buffet as opposed to set seats with name places. When anyone asked them who they knew they would ask the person whose side they were with. If the person said they were on the bride’s side my father would say - ”Oh! We’re on the groom’s side and vice versa. This was the way they could get free entertainment and food and a great opportunity for dancing on a Saturday and no-one ever questioned them. If you knew him you would appreciate just how funny this was...:love:. Never a dull moment...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Can you imagine - hordes of people you don’t know tipping up at your wedding :rolleyes:...
I’m on the groom’s side...

That reminds me of my father! He was a VERY funny man. I possibly inherited my sense of the absurd from him...When he was on leave from the army during and just after the war - he used to go out to a florist on a Friday afternoon and buy 2 carnations. One for him and one for his friend (also bonkers). They both used to get dressed in a smart suit on a Saturday, shine their shoes and put the carnations in their buttonholes. Then they would go for a walk and find a church holding a wedding. They would walk into the church smiling and waving at everyone. They would attend the wedding and go to the reception afterwards. In those day the wedding party usually consisted of a buffet as opposed to set seats with name places. When anyone asked them who they knew they would ask the person whose side they were with. If the person said they were on the bride’s side my father would say - ”Oh! We’re on the groom’s side and vice versa. This was the way they could get free entertainment and food and a great opportunity for dancing on a Saturday and no-one ever questioned them. If you knew him you would appreciate just how funny this was...:love:. Never a dull moment...
Oh @Oops... I LOVE this story about your father! ♄

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Dearest Gem💕

I am feeling a lot better and I am back to running around the garden and jumping up on the sofa and back on Mummy’s bed at night. 💕 I have found out that when I am a little off colour I do get more fish. I know I don’t need to tell you about my love of sardines...It is second only to my love for you. Psst don’t tell anyone but the Punning Clan’s next thrilling instalment is to involve meeting up with the Catnappers (Monty and Chilli are trying to coax Marmalade down out of her tree right now)đŸ€«

See you soon oh gorgeous girl...

Love

Teddy Bear xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Dearest Gem💕

I am feeling a lot better and I am back to running around the garden and jumping up on the sofa and back on Mummy’s bed at night. 💕 I have found out that when I am a little off colour I do get more fish. I know I don’t need to tell you about my love of sardines...It is second only to my love for you. Psst don’t tell anyone but the Punning Clan’s next thrilling instalment is to involve meeting up with the Catnappers (Benny and Chilli are trying to coax Marmalade down out of her tree right now)đŸ€«

See you soon oh gorgeous girl...

Love

Teddy Bear xx
Oh, my darling one ❀ - Teddy Bear, I was speaking in code because I did not know that our full devotion was known by our owners. Oh, the freedom - to announce our love ❀ I think only of you, dear heart. We are - of course - together on our mission, armed and ready - we care nothing of consequence. We are brave - we strike back, dear love of mine. xx Gem ❀❀❀

Last edited:
  • Heart
Oh @Oops... I LOVE this story about your father! ♄
On one of my father’s scurrilous Saturday excursions a vigilant usher spotted somehow that my father and his cohort were posturing as guests to the wedding. The usher told them they were not allowed into the church. My father pretended they were at the wrong wedding and that the wedding they were supposed to be at was at a church a mile or so further down the road. My father then went and hid around the corner and waited until all the real guests were inside And the ceremony was underway. There was a large hand-written sign outside this church which said - POLITE NOTICE - PLEASE - NO CONFETTI. My father took the notice down and spent a bit of time tearing the notice into tiny bits of paper and he and his friend filled their pockets with the paper. When the bride and groom eventually emerged they took hands full of paper from their pockets and showered the bride and groom with the confetti they had made from the large no confetti sign...đŸ€·â€â™€ïž

Oh, my darling one ❀ - Teddy Bear, I was speaking in code because I did not know that our full devotion was known by our owners. Oh, the freedom - to announce our love ❀ I think only of you, dear heart. We are - of course - together on our mission, armed and ready - we care nothing of consequence. We are brave - we strike back, dear love of mine. xx Gem ❀❀❀
♄♄♄ - xxx

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
On one of my father’s scurrilous Saturday excursions a vigilant usher spotted somehow that my father and his cohort were posturing as guests to the wedding. The usher told them they were not allowed into the church. My father pretended they were at the wrong wedding and that the wedding they were supposed to be at was at a church a mile or so further down the road. My father then went and hid around the corner and waited until all the real guests were inside And the ceremony was underway. There was a large hand-written sign outside this church which said - POLITE NOTICE - PLEASE - NO CONFETTI. My father took the notice down and spent a bit of time tearing the notice into tiny bits of paper and he and his friend filled their pockets with the paper. When the bride and groom eventually emerged they took hands full of paper from their pockets and showered the bride and groom with the confetti they had made from the large no confetti sign...đŸ€·â€â™€ïž

♄♄♄ - xxx
Oh my God, I am dying! Your father was an absolute chancer - as we say here in Ireland - but what a charmer as well, hmmm, I can imagine he was a sort of Clint Eastwood/Prince Phillip/Liam Neeson hybrid?! Bit like my own dad - we need to compare photos when we get together...

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@Oops... over on Lidl thread Blue Orchid is asking you to send a smoke signal to say you are ok. I didn't want to speak for you. I'm sure you are missed by many over there.❀

• Heart
Oh my God, I am dying! Your father was an absolute chancer - as we say here in Ireland - but what a charmer as well, hmmm, I can imagine he was a sort of Clint Eastwood/Prince Phillip/Liam Neeson hybrid?! Bit like my own dad - we need to compare photos when we get together...
I’d say that he was shorter than Prince Phillip, not as rugged as Clint but similar to Liam. His hair was dark and lustrous and he had piercing blue eyes. I think it was the fact that he was so funny that made him popular. The lullaby he always sang to me was ‘When Irish Eyes Are Smiling’ that and ‘You Are My Sunshine..which he sang to my mother too. We had that engraved on his headstone after he died in the early 2000’s
đŸ€— We so need to compare photos ;). One of my fave photos of him was him sitting on the grass in my parents amazing garden. The sun was blazing down and he was there playing with 3 of his guinea-pigs whilst a Muscovy duck stood behind watching. The duck used to ‘wheeze’ so he called it Asthma! I mean you just couldn’t make him up - he was a one off.

• Heart
@Oops... over on Lidl thread Blue Orchid is asking you to send a smoke signal to say you are ok. I didn't want to speak for you. I'm sure you are missed by many over there.❀
That’s a lovely thing to say 💛. There are quite a few people I miss from there. I miss reading their posts and I miss the sense of belonging too. On the bright side all the people I resonated most with are here (apart from a few who I sense will find us anyway!) so this is where I belong now. I was finding some of the ‘louder‘ posts (taking diplomacy lessons from you dear @Miscanthus) a bit difficult to navigate TBH. I was once told the only way of dealing with a runaway train was too avoid it. Here I know I don’t have to be concerned about the energy of any posts or even have to consider scrolling past. I love sagging with my Sistas!;) I’ve never experienced on-line friendships before but they have come to mean so much.:love:. I will like Blue Orchid’s post so she knows I have sent her a smoke signal. Bless her...💛

• Heart
Today, I went to my first shop besides grocery stores - in a year, I think. We had a few weeks before Christmas but it’s been pretty much lockdown since. I went to Seagreen, Monkstown - my favourite shop, with my sis. She lives right across the road from Seagreen. I’m going to try to insert a photo of the book I bought - it’s so lovely. A book of illustrations by the French illustrator, Alice Charbin - she does these lovely books whereby Hermùs boxes show up in unexpected places.
F62559F4-398A-47B7-AC58-284B4A2B4F71.jpeg

0FFD1769-0A96-47FC-9B84-923BE97CA773.jpeg

D7241C92-C3DD-4371-9DD4-D968641FC0A2.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I can’t even speak!!!! Oh HOW lovely! I haven’t seen this book before - it is just SO perfect for you. I will now go and read about Alice Charbin. Thank you for putting this up..sounds like the most fantastic first outing 💛

• Heart
Happy Saturday everyone!

What a week it s been (difficult and sad) but that s life I guess - can t have the ups without the downs.

Hope everyone is well? Just want to ask a question about energy swooshing in and out. @Oops... I have a glass patio door to my dining room and in front of that is my hallway which leads to the front door. I remember you saying that if you can see your garden from the front door that is how energy is lost. I now close the dining room door and I have to say have noticed a stillness in the halfway, my question is, is it all energy that swooshes out?

• Heart
Happy Saturday everyone!

What a week it s been (difficult and sad) but that s life I guess - can t have the ups without the downs.

Hope everyone is well? Just want to ask a question about energy swooshing in and out. @Oops... I have a glass patio door to my dining room and in front of that is my hallway which leads to the front door. I remember you saying that if you can see your garden from the front door that is how energy is lost. I now close the dining room door and I have to say have noticed a stillness in the halfway, my question is, is it all energy that swooshes out?
Hi @Sofie 💛 Please will you go over to our Feng Shui thread? Its spoken of quite a bit there and it may help to clarify things for you. When you can see through your house from front to back the energy in the house is very fast moving. Fast moving energy brings along in it’s wake problems. This is evident from all the GATES we saw once the kitchen door was taken down. Energy needs to meander and move slowly at a pace that does not send whooshes everywhere. So a door placed between the front and the back slows down the fast energy and thus prevents or gets rid of the whooshing and a much more soothing and equitable energy results. Your feeling of stillness and calm may be caused by the door dissipating the manic energy. I wrote on the thread when she took the door off that she should have considered the feng shui principles of energy and that it might be highly likely big problems may now occur in her life. So there was Puppygate, Bananagate, Refurbgate, GardenGate etc etc etc. Thats why I kept saying ‘put the door back on’...It will carry on until the energy slows down. You have slowed your energy right down so your home will now enjoy a more harmonious feel (energy) to it. Hope this helps.💛

• Heart
Hi @Sofie 💛 Please will you go over to our Feng Shui thread? Its spoken of quite a bit there and it may help to clarify things for you. When you can see through your house from front to back the energy in the house is very fast moving. Fast moving energy brings along in it’s wake problems. This is evident from all the GATES we saw once the kitchen door was taken down. Energy needs to meander and move slowly at a pace that does not send whooshes everywhere. So a door placed between the front and the back slows down the fast energy and thus prevents or gets rid of the whooshing and a much more soothing and equitable energy results. Your feeling of stillness and calm may be caused by the door dissipating the manic energy. I wrote on the thread when she took the door off that she should have considered the feng shui principles of energy and that it might be highly likely big problems may now occur in her life. So there was Puppygate, Bananagate, Refurbgate, GardenGate etc etc etc. Thats why I kept saying ‘put the door back on’...It will carry on until the energy slows down. You have slowed your energy right down so your home will now enjoy a more harmonious feel (energy) to it. Hope this helps.💛
Thank you so much @Oops for the quick reply and your help, I just couldn't fathem why energy moving was a problem, understand fully now. I will take a meander over to the Feng Shui thread, see what else I can learn 😘

• Heart
That’s a lovely thing to say 💛. There are quite a few people I miss from there. I miss reading their posts and I miss the sense of belonging too. On the bright side all the people I resonated most with are here (apart from a few who I sense will find us anyway!) so this is where I belong now. I was finding some of the ‘louder‘ posts (taking diplomacy lessons from you dear @Miscanthus) a bit difficult to navigate TBH. I was once told the only way of dealing with a runaway train was too avoid it. Here I know I don’t have to be concerned about the energy of any posts or even have to consider scrolling past. I love sagging with my Sistas!;) I’ve never experienced on-line friendships before but they have come to mean so much.:love:. I will like Blue Orchid’s post so she knows I have sent her a smoke signal. Bless her...💛
Yes, I agree completely. Also, I feel like Lydia is not going to ‘thrive’ on the internet for much longer to be honest. On that note - I wouldn’t myself - post on the insta of the companies that sponsor her - that she is a bully and why did they hire her, etc. I wouldn’t because I wouldn’t do that to anybody... no issues with anyone who does - it’s probably warranted - but I personally wouldn’t do it.

I just feel like there is more to us than an opinion on an influencer. We’ve only just started here - but I already feel like it’s a nice, pleasant place with lovely people to share stuff with as time goes by. I certainly love sharing purchases/ideas and thoughts. ❀xx

• Heart
Yes, I agree completely. Also, I feel like Lydia is not going to ‘thrive’ on the internet for much longer to be honest. On that note - I wouldn’t myself - post on the insta of the companies that sponsor her - that she is a bully and why did they hire her, etc. I wouldn’t because I wouldn’t do that to anybody... no issues with anyone who does - it’s probably warranted - but I personally wouldn’t do it.

I just feel like there is more to us than an opinion on an influencer. We’ve only just started here - but I already feel like it’s a nice, pleasant place with lovely people to share stuff with as time goes by. I certainly love sharing purchases/ideas and thoughts. ❀xx
I love the idea of sharing that too. Yes , here feels like a nice and pleasant place. I was wondering how you felt when you went out for your first spree for the lovely book? I went out for the first time with my daughter (who I hadn't seen for far too long) and I felt a bit strange. In fact I was relieved to get back home. Maybe the lockdown (mine was entire for the whole year plus with Teddy Bear only and it was with a certain amount of trepidation that I eventually ventured out. We have an important meeting in London to attend soon for work and that makes me a little nervous too. I was expecting it to be a zoom meeting but it’s face to face. Gulp...

• Heart
Just on the Lidl thread and we now have #beangate! Karma!🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.