Sanity Alliance Guild

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh! It is absolutely beautiful! What a treasure for you to keep 💛. A lovely house and a very sensitive depiction of it. Very architectural. I love architectural drawings. Is your room shown in the painting or were you on the other side of the house?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Oh! It is absolutely beautiful! What a treasure for you to keep 💛. A lovely house and a very sensitive depiction of it. Very architectural. I love architectural drawings. Is your room shown in the painting or were you on the other side of the house?
It IS a treasure - I specifically asked him to do this and I’m very glad to have it. Yes - my room is furthest to the left. Probably the biggest bedroom but it didn’t have en suite so my parents didn’t want it - lucky for me!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
A friend of mine recently introduced me to a seller on ebay called Atlantis Tokyo. She purchased some really beautiful Hermes scarves there. Everything is 100% authentic - they have two stores in Tokyo and an authentication team headed by a man with 20 years experience. I have looked at their shop on ebay and the scarves are beautiful. Of course, they have lots of lovely wallets and bags too - do take a look and see what you think. She said they arrived in mint condition.

Eta - free shipping but now that I think of it - possible import charges which, according to my calculator, would add on an extra 80eu for every 300dollars. Hmm.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I just want to tell you lot that I love you!

This is just stunning @Milking Keynes!

What a wonderful keepsake and so very special because it’s essentially a piece of your Dad. ♥
Yes - I thought exactly the same! There is a very moving poem Philip Larkin wrote after his father died. It’s called Snow in April where he describes reorganising the precious jars of jam his late father had made and left for him to enjoy. So poignant and precious rather like the painting of @Milking Keynes ‘s home painted by her father.💛

ps We love you too! 💛

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Yes - I thought exactly the same! There is a very moving poem Philip Larkin wrote after his father died. It’s called Snow in April where he describes reorganising the precious jars of jam his late father had made and left for him to enjoy. So poignant and precious rather like the painting of @Milking Keynes ‘s home painted by her father.💛

ps We love you too! 💛
Beautiful poem. ❤❤ I want to cry when I read that poem.

• Heart
Beautiful poem. ❤❤ I want to cry when I read that poem.
Me too! Every time... 💛

Just those few lines and I was there watching his father collecting the fruit then making the jam he would never eat. I mean THAT is poetry...and such an evocative way to describe yearning for a loved one. It just knocks me out.

I love his poem about parents too (This be the Verse)...The opening lines always makes me laugh...:D

I wrote this today after reading here how some of us feel about ‘going back out again’ Having been inspired both by the posts and @Namima saying about...

A Mindset Reset

I’m sending love to all my fear
In case the things I fear appear
I really wouldn’t like them here
Nor with the ones I hold most dear
I sat alone for one full year
The isolation felt so queer
Oppressive dark clouds felt so drear
Now I’d love fear to disappear...
Go on! Begone! Get out of here!
The future must be bright and clear
The heart of fear needs one big spear
To make our world a happier sphere...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Me too! Every time... 💛

Just those few lines and I was there watching his father collecting the fruit then making the jam he would never eat. I mean THAT is poetry...and such an evocative way to describe yearning for a loved one. It just knocks me out.

I love his poem about parents too (This be the Verse)...The opening lines always makes me laugh...:D

I wrote this today after reading here how some of us feel about ‘going back out again’ Having been inspired both by the posts and @Namima saying about...

A Mindset Reset

You write so beautifully, @Oops - you have the loveliest heart. If I had the words, this poem would mirror how I feel. It is exactly the poem we need for the weird and fearful transition from isolation to opportunity. I’m going to put this one folded into my cardholder. ❤

I worked for several Ambassadors in my day, but one - the Ambassador of Finland - was great friends with the late Seamus Heaney and I was fortunate enough to speak to him several times - and to his wife, Marie - about dinner engagements, etc. and he was the most gentle, humble, patient soul and an absolute joy to converse with. You meet so many arrogant people, don’t you? And then you meet a man who received the Nobel prize for literature and makes nothing of it at all.

Eta - I love you all too!!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I just want to tell you lot that I love you!
Oh, NOOO!

This ‘I just want to tell you lot that I love you’ was supposed to part of a bigger post I’m writing about our SAG members and I didn’t realise I had left it in this post until it was too late to edit it.

Oh well, nothing I can do about it now ... but you know it’s going to bug me for the next two days! 😉

• Haha
Oh, NOOO!

This ‘I just want to tell you lot that I love you’ was supposed to part of a bigger post I’m writing about our SAG members and I didn’t realise I had left it in this post until it was too late to edit it.

Oh well, nothing I can do about it now ... but you know it’s going to bug me for the next two days! 😉
What? So you don’t love us? We have returned the love...❤😂😂

Me too! Every time... 💛

A Mindset Reset

Just on the subject of the Philip Larkin poem, ‘Clearances’ by Seamus Heaney is along the same vein - written after he lost his mother - so touching - I have a lump in my throat now.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I seem to have missed the comment on Lidl's thread, I'm not sure. There was some idiot asking who the father of Nicky's baby is.....

@Oops... I haven't forgotten about the art exhibition info. Just been a bit stressed by somebody who I was relying on to do things but is completely unreliable and determined to be awkward! Not the best situation for creativity!

• Heart
  • Sad
I seem to have missed the comment on Lidl's thread, I'm not sure. There was some idiot asking who the father of Nicky's baby is.....

@Oops... I haven't forgotten about the art exhibition info. Just been a bit stressed by somebody who I was relying on to do things but is completely unreliable and determined to be awkward! Not the best situation for creativity!
OMG - the Lidl thread - I’m feeling misunderstood. Not to worry - I’ll get over it!

• Sad
OMG - the Lidl thread - I’m feeling misunderstood. Not to worry - I’ll get over it!
I don't think you are misunderstood....some people respond before reading things properly. I think you made a good point and one that needed making.
I didn't engage with the brand or comment on Trust Pilot this time but I have pointed things out to brands / other influencers in the past. I feel very strongly about what she did to Nicky. Unfortunately it's often like talking into a void.
We all need to adhere to our own moral codes. I think we make a great job of seeing situations from all sides on that thread and your opinion was heard too. ❤

• Heart
What? So you don’t love us? We have returned the love...❤😂😂

Just on the subject of the Philip Larkin poem, ‘Clearances’ by Seamus Heaney is along the same vein - written after he lost his mother - so touching - I have a lump in my throat now.
My DOG! I turn my back for an hour or so and there he is...Seamus Heaney. When the others were away at Mass, I was all hers as we peeled potatoes...What a man! You are so lucky to have known him. 💛

All we need now is John Betjamin and I’ll be on the floor...:D

What on earth has happened now? Off for a look ...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Just checking in to make sure you are ok dear @Milking Keynes 🤗. I had a little look. I think @Miscanthus is right BTW. Sometimes some people don’t read your posts properly...(as I know only too well).
It’s interesting how a lot of back-tracking has taken place with the owner and now the dog is on the sofa (for a photo) Hmmm...🤷‍♀️ I think Julia was treated appallingly ...I remember someone who knew L predicting that A would eclipse her eventually. Do you think that’s why she suddenly muscled in on his account and it no longer seems to be exclusively his? It’s all a bit of a mess...Can’t help wondering what gate will be opened next...A lot of firefighting may be needed probably due to the top heavy amount of wood in that dining room which is partly in her fame area. Wood will make fires burn brighter - but this was pointed out months ago...

• Heart
Whenever you are ready will be the perfect time. 💛
Sounds like you have been frustrated beyond beyond...some people - tch...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.