Sanity Alliance Guild

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My DOG! I turn my back for an hour or so and there he is...Seamus Heaney. When the others were away at Mass, I was all hers as we peeled potatoes...What a man! You are so lucky to have known him. 💛

All we need now is John Betjamin and I’ll be on the floor...:D

What on earth has happened now? Off for a look ...
Good morning - bit tardy this morning! Isn’t that poem amazing? I just love it - and it speaks volumes that their precious bond is in silence, heads together, peeling potatoes... to be clear, I didn’t know him but the honour of speaking occasionally to the greatest of men - well, what a treasured memory!

Yes, all good on the Lidl thread - I applaud Julia and Miscanthus above everyone on the thread. I wasn’t disagreeing with anyone at all - just standing by what I wrote here, really. I completely understand the viewpoints expressed especially that due diligence should be observed and proper research done before collaborating. And the response to Julia was disgraceful - I just feel a little uncomfortable about it, that’s all.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Me too! Every time... 💛

Just those few lines and I was there watching his father collecting the fruit then making the jam he would never eat. I mean THAT is poetry...and such an evocative way to describe yearning for a loved one. It just knocks me out.

I love his poem about parents too (This be the Verse)...The opening lines always makes me laugh...:D

I wrote this today after reading here how some of us feel about ‘going back out again’ Having been inspired both by the posts and @Namima saying about...

A Mindset Reset

I’m sending love to all my fear
In case the things I fear appear
I really wouldn’t like them here
Nor with the ones I hold most dear
I sat alone for one full year
The isolation felt so queer
Oppressive dark clouds felt so drear
Now I’d love fear to disappear...
Go on! Begone! Get out of here!
The future must be bright and clear
The heart of fear needs one big spear
To make our world a happier sphere...
Beautiful @Oops... ! I don't know how you do it but this poem hit me deep. ❤ You are so talented and your ability to read a situation is on point. Sending you and all my lovely Tattler friends tight hugs and kisses.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Is anybody else wondering why our lovely toomuchstuff seems to have disappeared ... I haven’t seen her on the other thread for about a week and usually she’s very active? 🤔

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Is anybody else wondering why our lovely toomuchstuff seems to have disappeared ... I haven’t seen her on the other thread for about a week and usually she’s very active? 🤔
@toomuchstuff I think had a friend staying for a while and got behind on the other thread. She has (fortunately) made a few appearances since though. Hopefully there will be more rowing 🚣‍♀️and pavlova to look forward to ;) x

Pavlova supplies diminishing to an alarming level. Send reinforcements ASAP!

FAO; @toomuchstuff 🤗

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Thank you everybody for supporting my comments on the Lidl thread.
I 👀 you! ❤
That response to Julia from the brand was beyond disgusting. It's such a turbulent thread...I feel like a cork bobbing along! Lol!
PS. I am a real fan of Philip Larkin. 😁

Good morning - bit tardy this morning! Isn’t that poem amazing? I just love it - and it speaks volumes that their precious bond is in silence, heads together, peeling potatoes... to be clear, I didn’t know him but the honour of speaking occasionally to the greatest of men - well, what a treasured memory!

Yes, all good on the Lidl thread - I applaud Julia and Miscanthus above everyone on the thread. I wasn’t disagreeing with anyone at all - just standing by what I wrote here, really. I completely understand the viewpoints expressed especially that due diligence should be observed and proper research done before collaborating. And the response to Julia was disgraceful - I just feel a little uncomfortable about it, that’s all.
That's fine. Never think the your voice isn't heard or your opinion valid. 😚

Last edited:
  • Heart
I 👀 you! ❤
That response to Julia from the brand was beyond disgusting. It's such a turbulent thread...I feel like a cork bobbing along! Lol!

A cork bobbler? Another dimension to your glorious attributes :m
Strap yourself in for the turbulence (it usually passes;)).
Hoped you might like Larkin...

• Heart
Sorry, Saggies, I posted on the wrong thread, but I still can’t delete my posts ... VERY ANNOYING! 😖

• Wow
I 👀 you! ❤

We should be popping corks not bobbing corks... ! Listen, I think sometimes I get a bit soft about Lidl - a complete pariah at this point and the added factor of Aldi gaining plaudits just as she is sinking - and all happening as lockdown is lifting so that he can take advantage of his new found success by more press trips and collabs, etc. while she stays in her greedhouse. Karma, sure, but it is kind of rough. Anyway, like you say, it’s a very turbulent thread!

• Wow
  • Heart
We should be popping corks not bobbing corks... ! Listen, I think sometimes I get a bit soft about Lidl - a complete pariah at this point and the added factor of Aldi gaining plaudits just as she is sinking - and all happening as lockdown is lifting so that he can take advantage of his new found success by more press trips and collabs, etc. while she stays in her greedhouse. Karma, sure, but it is kind of rough. Anyway, like you say, it’s a very turbulent thread!
Bib I think this says a lot about your compassion.

Me? I've never liked her and my over developed sense of fairness (sister close in age 😁) won't let me forget her treatment of Nicky. She deserves everything that happens.

• Heart
Bib I think this says a lot about your compassion.

Me? I've never liked her and my over developed sense of fairness (sister close in age 😁) won't let me forget her treatment of Nicky. She deserves everything that happens.
Don’t get me wrong - she’s a bully. I was bullied in school, aged 7, and I didn’t speak - not a single word - in school for a whole year. They thought I was a simpleton and kept me back a year. By then, the bully had gone on to secondary school and I thrived. As my mum said when she found out years later ‘I’d rather have a child who was bullied, than have a bully for a child.’

• Heart
  • Sad
I agree, it is kind of rough for her however this could be the making of her 🙏. Being forced to be humble because Aldi s career is starting to take off whilst hers is declining is possibly what will make her take a big look at the bigger picture. In the past couple of flogs she has been trying to be nice to her husband... when I watched I almost cheered. :giggle:

• Heart
  • Haha
You can report it if you want it removed
Yeah, I did that two days after I joined Tattle last year and I received a 2 Point Warning for it ... even though my reason for reporting was ‘spelling and grammatical errors’ (I hadn’t discovered the edit/delete button yet), so I’d rather not risk it.

Thanks, though! 🙂

• Wow
I agree, it is kind of rough for her however this could be the making of her 🙏. Being forced to be humble because Aldi s career is starting to take off whilst hers is declining is possibly what will make her take a big look at the bigger picture. In the past couple of flogs she has been trying to be nice to her husband... when I watched I almost cheered. :giggle:
Exactly - maybe it will be the making of her - it honestly couldn’t get any worse.

Yeah, I did that two days after I joined Tattle last year and I received a 2 Point Warning for it ... even though my reason for reporting was ‘spelling and grammatical errors’ (I hadn’t discovered the edit/delete button yet), so I’d rather not risk it.

Thanks, though! 🙂
Funnily enough, I got a warning for derailing by mentioning Trump. Stefano puts on a house party and gets nowt!!

Last edited:
  • Sad
I think this thread has run it's course if it's just about complaining about another thread and mods.

If someone comes to disrupt a thread report it and we'll deal with it.

No one ever gets warned for reporting a post, as has been explained several times as that's not what happened at all.

No one would get warned for just mentioning trump, you may get warned if the thread kept becoming an offtopic mess for several days about trump and mods have said let's keep trump on the trump thread to keep the Lydia thread about Lydia. It's very tricky moderating but we've always been open with the posting guidelines and they exist for everyone's benefit. No one else knows what warnings other people receive.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.