Sanity Alliance Guild

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok same here, no kitchen door either. I am sure it's an Aussie "the open plan" thing. I hope this isn't going to get me expunged.

Ok another confession here based on what I see in the latest conversation, please please don't hate me but I am going to confess that for me the year of covid I pulled out my finger and spent the time losing 24KG. That was big for me.
So all the bitching about 'you know who' over on the 'you know what' thread gave me something to think about rather than eating. 🤗
That's great! Well done to you! 👏😍

I hope she comes back ! I just hope work is keeping her busy. I have to say, my anxiety kicks in when I don't see familiar names posting ❤
I worry about her because the forum was a huge part of her life. She was on lots of threads all the time. I hope her new flaf is working out for her. That flatmate sounded terrible.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
That's great! Well done to you! 👏😍

I worry about her because the forum was a huge part of her life. She was on lots of threads all the time. I hope her new flaf is working out for her. That flatmate sounded terrible.
I agree, I hope she is ok. She mentioned about not being employed currently, really hoping she’s working now and that is why is absent on here. Atleast she was able to get away from her horrible flatmate.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I know what you mean oh Great Rock! I get it the other way too sometimes - my energy anxiety kicks in when I ‘see’ names I would rather not ‘see‘. They are the ones I tend to scroll past though. (Barely ever happens anymore - thankfully.) Certainly never happens on here or Feng Shui so far. 🤗

What announcement? I would not like to miss an announcement from our A.L.
Btw I would love to contribute to the wiki conversation and suggest something to help but I haven’t a clue.
I get so cross with my incompetence and the fact I never took the trouble to learn all these things because I had others around me who knew how to do things and I just merrily let them. I really do regret being such a Philistine/Luddite and have felt the payback of my own chosen ignorance over the last year when I had to fend for myself. I hope you manage to get it all sorted out nicely. X
Thank you.
A.L. announced she was going to format the WIKI....that's what we are referring to.

It looks as if Amalia Liana isn't coming back but she's left me a real headache on the WIKI. I had formatted it already but she formatted it with code and links etc and I haven't the foggiest now....🙄
I agree @Miscanthus, I don’t think she’s coming back either now ... I was hopeful when she briefly reappeared after her temporary ban - she liked a few comments and then posted saying she was back, but that comment was swiftly deleted and she’s been missing ever since.

Sorry you’ve been left in such a pickle with the WIKI.

I really wish I could help you with it, but I know exactly nothing about coding - I once briefly crashed our entire Electronic Medical Record system at work without even trying! 😬

Is it possible to ask for help on the Forum Business threads as @Milking Keynes suggested?

May the odds be ever in your favour! 🙏🏼

Last edited:
  • Heart
Awww....nuttynana's cat's died and she's distraught. I've invited her to pop over to Vignettes and Pets.

• Sad
A Furry Situation...

It’s been a fraught few days. My beautiful daughter came to stay from London. We decided to take a trip to a garden centre. This was a big occasion because Teddy Bear and I hadn’t been anywhere for centuries (it seemed). Having mastered driving again in fairly quick time we had a nice excursion stopping at the Vets to get Teddy Bear’s over-a-year’s nails cut. This has been on my mind for ages and he hates having it done. I waited in the car and my two loved ones ventured into the Vets. They returned after what was a fraught experience for them both and Teddy Bear was ok. However, by the evening he had flopped in a heap. I lay on the sitting room floor with him all night and worried. He lay next to me and looked straight into my eyes.
Next morning the Vet was summoned and he came at 1.30 pm. He couldn’t be moved to take him to the vet. He gave Teddy Bear the once over and told me he was fine and was suffering from overwhelm after going out and having walks the day before. The thermometer was introduced and Teddy Bear shot out of he room and ran into the garden. So MUCH relief all round! He had no difficulty whatsoever moving from the spot he had been in for SO many hours since the previous evening (seemingly unable to get up and walk). As you know he’s 16 and the least change is looked for by his over-vigilant mama...Anyway - he’s on a course of pain as his back is sore but all is well. PHEW! He’s taking it easy...
03138574-3CDD-4C95-9116-63E15235A503.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Oh @Oops... my heart was in my mouth as I carried on reading your post. Phewww! Lots of hugs and wet kisses to Teddy Bear xx

• Heart
I don’t really want to repeat that night in a hurry 🤗 . Your mind can play awful tricks on you when you get so worried can’t it? He couldn’t even get up for one of his much loved fish treats so I knew something was quite wrong. Anyway, all’s well that ends well...I have given him your hugs and kisses and he’s now settled down nicely again xx

• Heart
A Furry Situation...

It’s been a fraught few days. My beautiful daughter came to stay from London. We decided to take a trip to a garden centre. This was a big occasion because Teddy Bear and I hadn’t been anywhere for centuries (it seemed). Having mastered driving again in fairly quick time we had a nice excursion stopping at the Vets to get Teddy Bear’s over-a-year’s nails cut. This has been on my mind for ages and he hates having it done. I waited in the car and my two loved ones ventured into the Vets. They returned after what was a fraught experience for them both and Teddy Bear was ok. However, by the evening he had flopped in a heap. I lay on the sitting room floor with him all night and worried. He lay next to me and looked straight into my eyes.
Next morning the Vet was summoned and he came at 1.30 pm. He couldn’t be moved to take him to the vet. He gave Teddy Bear the once over and told me he was fine and was suffering from overwhelm after going out and having walks the day before. The thermometer was introduced and Teddy Bear shot out of he room and ran into the garden. So MUCH relief all round! He had no difficulty whatsoever moving from the spot he had been in for SO many hours since the previous evening (seemingly unable to get up and walk). As you know he’s 16 and the least change is looked for by his over-vigilant mama...Anyway - he’s on a course of pain as his back is sore but all is well. PHEW! He’s taking it easy...View attachment 580952
Oh, bless him! I’d say he was traumatised because you weren’t with him at the Vets - separation anxiety and being overwhelmed by the surroundings. Brave little man - and then total collapse when he got home from all the exercise as well. Mind you, he looks very comfy now - and so would I be in those lovely surroundings. Poor you, @Oops, you must have got an awful fright, though, and thinking he couldn’t get up and walk - how awful for you. ❤

This is Gem’s time of year for pollen allergies, so rubbing her ears on the mat and scooting her behind as well. I brought her to the Vet yesterday evening where she got a shot - fine with that - but when he went to examine her anal glands - oh, she jumped through the air howling! She’s been sleeping on and off since from the trauma.

Oh, our little fur babies - they’re not too fond of visits to the Vet!

Eta - Gem hasn’t eaten since the vet either.

• Heart
I think he did get traumatised by all the other dogs and cats there in the waiting room. He nearly had a little bit of a meltdown, Bless him...He hasn’t seen any other dogs for SO long. Also he only had a short walk at the garden centre but he was FRANTIC with his sniffing. Also he had to jump in and out of the car again which he hasn’t done for so long. So all that melting together with the nail-clipping (anything but that!) was just too much for him. I have quite a big garden so he’s had his exercise there during all those months but going out into the wide world for him got him really-over excited. I reckon he hurt his back getting in and out of the car.

Poor little Gem and her allergies! Anal glands can be a painful problem for them; my little Shetland Sheepdog who I lost some years ago suffered with them occasionally too. Teddy Bear throughout did not lose his appetite (I was glad for that) But his food had to be brought to him. I am wondering why Gem hasn’t eaten. Have you tried feeding her from your hand? Trauma can be SO unsettling for them. They have all had such quiet gentle lives for such a long time haven’t they? I think you are right about the separation anxiety. They really do become attached little shadows don’t they? 🤗 🤗

What have you tried to tempt Gem? Is she normally food orientated? I only ask because some dogs aren’t. Bless her cotton socks. Sending her big hugs. 🐶🍗

• Heart
I think he did get traumatised by all the other dogs and cats there in the waiting room. He nearly had a little bit of a meltdown, Bless him...He hasn’t seen any other dogs for SO long. Also he only had a short walk at the garden centre but he was FRANTIC with his sniffing. Also he had to jump in and out of the car again which he hasn’t done for so long. So all that melting together with the nail-clipping (anything but that!) was just too much for him. I have quite a big garden so he’s had his exercise there during all those months but going out into the wide world for him got him really-over excited. I reckon he hurt his back getting in and out of the car.

Poor little Gem and her allergies! Anal glands can be a painful problem for them; my little Shetland Sheepdog who I lost some years ago suffered with them occasionally too. Teddy Bear throughout did not lose his appetite (I was glad for that) But his food had to be brought to him. I am wondering why Gem hasn’t eaten. Have you tried feeding her from your hand? Trauma can be SO unsettling for them. They have all had such quiet gentle lives for such a long time haven’t they? I think you are right about the separation anxiety. They really do become attached little shadows don’t they? 🤗 🤗

What have you tried to tempt Gem? Is she normally food orientated? I only ask because some dogs aren’t. Bless her cotton socks. Sending her big hugs. 🐶🍗
This is all so interesting to me because all the other dogs seem to cause Gem a real issue at the Vets as well. There weren’t many because of Covid rules but she was very unsettled. She isn’t really used to them except bumping in to the odd one on walks. Gem had separation anxiety yesterday because only one could go into the Vet’s treatment room and my daughter went instead of me so I could hear her howling from outside. That’s why I thought it could be a factor for Teddy Bear.

Poor Teddy Bear with his back. What a soldier - it must be very sore. Maybe the pain will make him drowsy too for a few days. I really feel for you, though, the worry is traumatising for you as well. When you see them refuse a treat as well you definitely know something is up. Gem refused chicken!

Gem will be grand. She is never fond if the Vets, @Oops, and sulks at being brought there, but I have a feeling she’ll eat tonight! Sending lots of love from me and especially Gem to our favourite Teddy Bear with a Get Well Soon hug and kiss. xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
I’m so relieved Teddy Bear is ok, I can just imagine how you felt! Poor Gem too with her allergies. Roo always gets itchy in the autumn. The vet think it might be something to do with leaf mould.
Anal glands are the bane of our lives. He seems to be always doing that scooting thing....

@Oops...can I just add your room is so beautiful!😍😍😍

• Heart
A Furry Situation...

Next morning the Vet was summoned and he came at 1.30 pm. He couldn’t be moved to take him to the vet. He gave Teddy Bear the once over and told me he was fine and was suffering from overwhelm after going out and having walks the day before. The thermometer was introduced and Teddy Bear shot out of he room and ran into the garden. So MUCH relief all round! He had no difficulty whatsoever moving from the spot he had been in for SO many hours since the previous evening (seemingly unable to get up and walk). As you know he’s 16 and the least change is looked for by his over-vigilant mama...Anyway - he’s on a course of pain as his back is sore but all is well. PHEW! He’s taking it easy...View attachment 580952
Do not do that to me again! I might have to lie on the floor for several hours until I recover...
Thank goodness there was a happy ending to this story, even if it did involve the insertion of a thermometer...
I'm so pleased you are all ok....what a shock all round ❤
Sending hugs to Teddy Bear and his mama 🐶👱‍♀️😍

• Heart
@Oops - are you staying in the sitting room still, or can he be left alone there at night until his back is better?
He wasn’t able to come upstairs with me last night, sadly. Generally he follows me but last night he hung back. My bed is high and he does have a set of stairs my carpenter made him but he wanted to stay down and so I let him and went to spy on him sleeping a few times. He was perfectly fine though sleeping in his favourite places and he was alert this morning. I’m not letting him climb any steps up in the garden just now either. I know that before I rescued him that he had been involved in a road-traffic accident which damaged his back and one of his shoulders. He had his shoulder treated properly when he came to me. I think when he twists himself he may now be getting flare-ups in his back so am rethinking everything with the help of my darling daughter who is as good as a dog-whiperer. My family are dog mad! I was so glad she was here although she did become very concerned when his legs seemed to just give way. We both bitterly regretted the visit to the vet and wished I hadn’t suggested it. I am trying to adopt a holistic approach and just trying to nurture him back to health gently. I am optimistic this might not take too long. I think I will just keep him close to me and home now. I don’t want to overstretch him in any way. One valuable lesson learned. 🤗 💛

Do not do that to me again! I might have to lie on the floor for several hours until I recover...
Thank goodness there was a happy ending to this story, even if it did involve the insertion of a thermometer...
I'm so pleased you are all ok....what a shock all round ❤
Sending hugs to Teddy Bear and his mama 🐶👱‍♀️😍
I swear @Miscanthus it is a sure-fire way to get a dog up and out - in milliseconds...😇 x
We are all fine now (after one very long sleepless night. I never realised that the floor isn’t too bad to lie down on really as long as you have a cushion for your head ☺)

Last edited:
  • Heart
He wasn’t able to come upstairs with me last night, sadly. Generally he follows me but last night he hung back. My bed is high and he does have a set of stairs my carpenter made him but he wanted to stay down and so I let him and went to spy on him sleeping a few times. He was perfectly fine though sleeping in his favourite places and he was alert this morning. I’m not letting him climb any steps up in the garden just now either. I know that before I rescued him that he had been involved in a road-traffic accident which damaged his back and one of his shoulders. He had his shoulder treated properly when he came to me. I think when he twists himself he may now be getting flare-ups in his back so am rethinking everything with the help of my darling daughter who is as good as a dog-whiperer. My family are dog mad! I was so glad she was here although she did become very concerned when his legs seemed to just give way. We both bitterly regretted the visit to the vet and wished I hadn’t suggested it. I am trying to adopt a holistic approach and just trying to nurture him back to health gently. I am optimistic this might not take too long. I think I will just keep him close to me and home now. I don’t want to overstretch him in any way. One valuable lesson learned. 🤗 💛

I swear @Miscanthus it is a sure-fire way to get a dog up and out - in milliseconds...😇 x
We are all fine now (after one very long sleepless night. I never realised that the floor isn’t too bad to lie down on really as long as you have a cushion for your head ☺)
I’m glad that you are able to sleep in your bed again - too many nights sleeping in the sitting room - no matter how lovely - would not be best for anyone’s back. Your poor daughter must have been very upset but at least you had her with you. Sending warmest wishes - hopefully, the pain and the TLC will have Teddy Bear on the mend very soon. x

I’m so relieved Teddy Bear is ok, I can just imagine how you felt! Poor Gem too with her allergies. Roo always gets itchy in the autumn. The vet think it might be something to do with leaf mould.
Anal glands are the bane of our lives. He seems to be always doing that scooting thing....

@Oops...can I just add your room is so beautiful!😍😍😍
They ARE a curse - Gem gets hers drained under sedation every year but the atopy/allergies come this time of year - pollen - and also at winter - vet says indoor allergy. Either way, we are trying the Cytopoint injection for the first time to see if it helps. Fingers crossed.

Get Well Message from Gem to Teddy Bear ❤🐶🐶❤

Well, damn those Vets
Thinking they know best
They trim our nails
And send us off the rails
They examine our privates too
Did the same to Roo
Put me off my food
And made ❤TB snooze
I say we have start a YT platform
And raise the roof on this one
Get Casper to growl
He’ll go viral in his towel
We are warriors, we don’t lack
They can’t hold us 🐶 back
Against probing and thermometre attack
We are Fur Babies striking back!! xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
I’m glad that you are able to sleep in your bed again - too many nights sleeping in the sitting room - no matter how lovely - would not be best for anyone’s back. Your poor daughter must have been very upset but at least you had her with you. Sending warmest wishes - hopefully, the pain and the TLC will have Teddy Bear on the mend very soon. x

They ARE a curse - Gem gets hers drained under sedation every year but the atopy/allergies come this time of year - pollen - and also at winter - vet says indoor allergy. Either way, we are trying the Cytopoint injection for the first time to see if it helps. Fingers crossed.

Get Well Message from Gem to Teddy Bear ❤🐶🐶❤

Well, damn those Vets
Thinking they know best
They trim our nails
And send us off the rails
They examine our privates too
Did the same to Roo
Put me off my food
And made ❤TB snooze
I say we have start a YT platform
And raise the roof on this one
Get Casper to growl
He’ll go viral in his towel
We are warriors, we don’t lack
They can’t hold us 🐶 back
Against probing and thermometre attack
We are Fur Babies striking back!! xx
YAAAAASSSSSSS KWEEN!!!! 👏👏👏

The Fur Babies Strike Back...LOVE IT! Just off to phone Disney...☎x

• Haha
Thank you for all your good wishes
Tell mummy I need some more fishes
I’m comfy and warm and don’t know I’m born
And she’ll soon have me washing her dishes

love from Teddy Bear xxx ♥

• Heart
The Fur Babies Strike Back...

It is the dead of night. Casper, Gem. Roo and Teddy Bear are sitting under the old Mulberry tree at the top of the garden. An emergency meeting of the ‘Punning Clan‘ has been called and all the faithful-hearted members have answered the call to arms. Using their telepathic dog skills which mankind are yet to become aware of, they sent their silent messages to each other advising the co-ordinates and time of their meeting. All have been sworn to secrecy. They have got together to hatch out The Punning Clan’s cunning plan. Roo is on guard and has dug a deep trench for them to hide in. Gem is busy looking at the photographs she has brought from home to safeguard her from homesickness. Teddy Bear is trying to convince himself he definitely can smell fish as Casper shines his cyber-torch deep into the night sky. The four friend’s ears prick up as a far-off light in the sky, just to the right of Venus grows larger and ever nearer. They nudge each other in appreciation and excitement. Tumbling towards them, breaking the space/time continuum is their great friend Sherlock in his much-borrowed Tardis. He has come with all the supplies they will need to carry out Mission Strike Back. Sherlock lands his Tardis with the skill of an entrepreneurial behemoth and bursts out of the craft to be greeted by his excited friends who haven’t seen him since last Christmas. Oh! The joy of reunion. After a prolonged and joyous interlude of kisses, licks and profound sniffing Sherlock produces - THE BOX!

He expertly unseals the box and produces from inside;

5 pairs of surgical canine scrubs
1 bottle of paw sanitiser
5 pairs of surgical rubber gloves
5 human thermometers

The 5 firm friends each put on their surgical scrubs and scrub their paws up to their elbows. Wearing their surgical gloves whilst brandishing their thermometers aloft they advance in intrepid single file into the night - they know what they must do...

to be continued...

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.