Sanity Alliance Guild

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Today, I went to my first shop besides grocery stores - in a year, I think. We had a few weeks before Christmas but it’s been pretty much lockdown since. I went to Seagreen, Monkstown - my favourite shop, with my sis. She lives right across the road from Seagreen. I’m going to try to insert a photo of the book I bought - it’s so lovely. A book of illustrations by the French illustrator, Alice Charbin - she does these lovely books whereby Hermès boxes show up in unexpected places.
View attachment 585372

View attachment 585376

View attachment 585377
Good morning,

I have a book called The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse and follow the author on IG, he will often post that he has left one of his books at a bus stop for someone to keep. During the very dark days of lockdown he was such an inspiration always thanking NHS staff for everything they are doing 🙏

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I love the idea of sharing that too. Yes , here feels like a nice and pleasant place. I was wondering how you felt when you went out for your first spree for the lovely book? I went out for the first time with my daughter (who I hadn't seen for far too long) and I felt a bit strange. In fact I was relieved to get back home. Maybe the lockdown (mine was entire for the whole year plus with Teddy Bear only and it was with a certain amount of trepidation that I eventually ventured out. We have an important meeting in London to attend soon for work and that makes me a little nervous too. I was expecting it to be a zoom meeting but it’s face to face. Gulp...
I understand how you feel. I am really looking forward to going up to London to some art exhibitions but I don't think I will travel on the underground and would only do the train if off peak. I'm sure you will be fine. Will you have had both jabs? I've got my second in a few weeks.

• Heart
Just on the Lidl thread and we now have #beangate! Karma!🙄
Wow - #Beangate really did kick off on the other thread. Cudos to everyone who posted the company. I am a chicken when it comes to stuff like that, I have to say. Don’t mind reporting bots because it’s fraudulent and misleading but you would think companies would do their own research before collabs. This is what happens when they don’t, however. Lessons learned.

I love the idea of sharing that too. Yes , here feels like a nice and pleasant place. I was wondering how you felt when you went out for your first spree for the lovely book? I went out for the first time with my daughter (who I hadn't seen for far too long) and I felt a bit strange. In fact I was relieved to get back home. Maybe the lockdown (mine was entire for the whole year plus with Teddy Bear only and it was with a certain amount of trepidation that I eventually ventured out. We have an important meeting in London to attend soon for work and that makes me a little nervous too. I was expecting it to be a zoom meeting but it’s face to face. Gulp...
I kept it very simple, really. My sister’s for coffee, my fave shop and home. I dread, for example, heading to a shopping mall full of people. I think we have all got used to a pared back existence and public transport and, down the road, a commute, feels a bit alien. The work from home is supposed to continue til at least September, here, so it feels like it will be a slow return to normality which is no bad thing.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Wow - #Beangate really did kick off on the other thread. Cudos to everyone who posted the company. I am a chicken when it comes to stuff like that, I have to say. Don’t mind reporting bots because it’s fraudulent and misleading but you would think companies would do their own research before collabs. This is what happens when they don’t, however. Lessons learned.

I kept it very simple, really. My sister’s for coffee, my fave shop and home. I dread, for example, heading to a shopping mall full of people. I think we have all got used to a pared back existence and public transport and, down the road, a commute, feels a bit alien. The work from home is supposed to continue til at least September, here, so it feels like it will be a slow return to normality which is no bad thing.
I will say that for the first few weeks of us coming out of lockdown in South Africa, I felt really anxious going out. Just going to the supermarket, I would be rushing to get my groceries in my trolley and back home. And I had no reason to be rushing around - kids and hubby were safe at home. No appointments to attend. And I usually love love love grocery shopping - I take my time, love browsing. It was the anxiety of being around people, wearing a mask and unconsciously looking for people not wearing masks and putting me in danger lol. Crazy, I know. But it gets easier after a while - I make sure to shop early morning, sanitise every time I enter and leave a store, hand or take something from anyone and social distance waiting in queues. My friend carries a sanitiser spray like a deg spray can - she will literally spray the table and chairs at the coffee shop and us (!) before getting into the car.

However, these days, psychologically, I do procrastinate about running errands or going out socially - "Do I really need this ???" or "Hubby can get it on his way home". So this is a mindset I am trying to carefully reset.
In December, I flew alone to visit my family - 1 hour plane trip, airline was excellent with following rules - but it was stressful AF !!! I'm not sure how people do a 10 hour plane trip. And so with an opportunity to visit my family again 2 weeks ago - hubby and kids came along as well - we decided to drive 6 and a half hours - it was just too stressful thinking of my kids and hubby being on a plane full of people. But so wonderful to see my parents, sisters, nieces and nephews even if it was just for 4 days !!! ❤ Crazy crazy times we are living in !!!

• Heart
I will say that for the first few weeks of us coming out of lockdown in South Africa, I felt really anxious going out. Just going to the supermarket, I would be rushing to get my groceries in my trolley and back home. And I had no reason to be rushing around - kids and hubby were safe at home. No appointments to attend. And I usually love love love grocery shopping - I take my time, love browsing. It was the anxiety of being around people, wearing a mask and unconsciously looking for people not wearing masks and putting me in danger lol. Crazy, I know. But it gets easier after a while - I make sure to shop early morning, sanitise every time I enter and leave a store, hand or take something from anyone and social distance waiting in queues. My friend carries a sanitiser spray like a deg spray can - she will literally spray the table and chairs at the coffee shop and us (!) before getting into the car.

However, these days, psychologically, I do procrastinate about running errands or going out socially - "Do I really need this ???" or "Hubby can get it on his way home". So this is a mindset I am trying to carefully reset.
In December, I flew alone to visit my family - 1 hour plane trip, airline was excellent with following rules - but it was stressful AF !!! I'm not sure how people do a 10 hour plane trip. And so with an opportunity to visit my family again 2 weeks ago - hubby and kids came along as well - we decided to drive 6 and a half hours - it was just too stressful thinking of my kids and hubby being on a plane full of people. But so wonderful to see my parents, sisters, nieces and nephews even if it was just for 4 days !!! ❤ Crazy crazy times we are living in !!!
What a wonderful reunion! It must have been very emotional. I agree with you regarding flights - just the thought of going through security with crowds of people let alone being stuck on an aircraft for hours...the car is a safe bubble, just like home! I’m getting my second jab in a few weeks, hubby same, and my 16yo has recently got her second jab as is T1 diabetes - major relief on that score.

• Heart
What a wonderful reunion! It must have been very emotional. I agree with you regarding flights - just the thought of going through security with crowds of people let alone being stuck on an aircraft for hours...the car is a safe bubble, just like home! I’m getting my second jab in a few weeks, hubby same, and my 16yo has recently got her second jab as is T1 diabetes - major relief on that score.
We really do have to take it one day at a time, and just be extra vigilant ! ❤

• Heart
Good morning,

I have a book called The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse and follow the author on IG, he will often post that he has left one of his books at a bus stop for someone to keep. During the very dark days of lockdown he was such an inspiration always thanking NHS staff for everything they are doing 🙏
Another stunning book I didn’t know about 💛 . What a lovely thing to do - to leave a book at a bus stop. I just love that idea. Yes, the darkest days of lockdown created a lot of positive outcomes which gave hope and comfort. It was because of lockdown I found my way to all the amazing people I met on our threads. The book you have shown is inspiring - truly. I have already ordered the lovely book @Milking Keynes showed us yesterday. So here’s another bit of inspiration to make me repeat the procedure :m

On the same page as you @Milking Keynes with shopping Malls etc. I couldn’t do that at the moment I don’t think. The pared back existence does feel safer but I am not sure solitude is too good for us. I was watching some of this Martin Bashir stuff and there was a clip in it of Princess Diana (prophetically) saying - If you want to disseminate someone - isolate them. Boy - did that hit home...! It brought tears to my eyes as soon as I heard it.

I ordered the inspiring book you showed us yesterday - I hope it arrives soon :m

Last edited:
  • Heart
Another stunning book I didn’t know about 💛 . What a lovely thing to do - to leave a book at a bus stop. I just love that idea. Yes, the darkest days of lockdown created a lot of positive outcomes which gave hope and comfort. It was because of lockdown I found my way to all the amazing people I met on our threads. The book you have shown is inspiring - truly. I have already ordered the lovely book @Milking Keynes showed us yesterday. So here’s another bit of inspiration to make me repeat the procedure :m

On the same page as you @Milking Keynes with shopping Malls etc. I couldn’t do that at the moment I don’t think. The pared back existence does feel safer but I am not sure solitude is too good for us. I was watching some of this Martin Bashir stuff and there was a clip in it of Princess Diana (prophetically) saying - If you want to disseminate someone - isolate them. Boy - did that hit home...! It brought tears to my eyes as soon as I heard it.

I ordered the inspiring book you showed us yesterday - I hope it arrives soon :m
Oh, so happy you ordered it - was hoping you would! (Did you notice I opened it at the page with ‘Teddy’!)

Yes, I am sure you are right about isolation being negative in the long term. I have faith in us assimilating successfully because I feel like we are aware of what we can do, should do, and the pace in which we do it. I’m definitely wary but feel like I’ll take it slow and reach minor milestones one by one. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Love that @Namima - The Mindset Reset ..! 💛

You are streaks ahead of me with flying etc. I can’t even get my head around that idea. I have just missed my Aunt’s Birthday in Germany. My family over there cousins etc used to all come to me and bring my dear Aunt every year for her Birthday and that hasn’t happened for two years now. I adore them all and miss them so much. I can’t (just now) picture getting on a plane. I am desperate to see them all though.

Oh, so happy you ordered it - was hoping you would! (Did you notice I opened it at the page with ‘Teddy’!)

Yes, I am sure you are right about isolation being negative in the long term. I have faith in us assimilating successfully because I feel like we are aware of what we can do, should do, and the pace in which we do it. I’m definitely wary but feel like I’ll take it slow and reach minor milestones one by one. ❤
I DID notice you opened it on the page with Teddy :love:.

I too have faith and also know that with time it will feel more comfy to just do something on a whim. I miss spontaneity quite a bit. 🤪

I understand how you feel. I am really looking forward to going up to London to some art exhibitions but I don't think I will travel on the underground and would only do the train if off peak. I'm sure you will be fine. Will you have had both jabs? I've got my second in a few weeks.
Underground? Hell no! Pictures at an Exhibition sounds like BLISS! Don’t be surprised if there’s a headless chicken with a head running round under your feet 🐔 ;)

btw - you never expanded on your own and I was waiting to hear about it to try and see if any FS techniques might help x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Today, I went to my first shop besides grocery stores - in a year, I think. We had a few weeks before Christmas but it’s been pretty much lockdown since. I went to Seagreen, Monkstown - my favourite shop, with my sis. She lives right across the road from Seagreen. I’m going to try to insert a photo of the book I bought - it’s so lovely. A book of illustrations by the French illustrator, Alice Charbin - she does these lovely books whereby Hermès boxes show up in unexpected places.
View attachment 585372

View attachment 585376

View attachment 585377
What a beautiful book @Milking Keynes ... is there just the one, or is there a series of them?

I feel like treating myself and as a ‘consumer of literature’ I think this would be perfect! ♥

• Heart
Thank goodness it was deleted ... it made me very uncomfortable and was WAY off topic! 😖

Now about that lovely book @Milking Keynes, was it just the one or is it part of a collection? ♥
I believe just the one in the Hermès style - she does the illustrations for the website, I believe. There are other books but more like children’s books, I think.

• Heart
All deleted now - horrible. @Oops is spot on about the energy over there - every time members steer it back on course, something seems to happen.
I don’t think I got there in time to see what it was before it got deleted (whatever it was that got deleted:oops:).

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I believe just the one in the Hermès style - she does the illustrations for the website, I believe. There are other books but more like children’s books, I think.
ORDERED ... thank you @Milking Keynes! ♥

I have to say, I can understand why @Oops... is staying away from the other thread - it’s crazy town over there lately and that really unsettles me. 😢

• Sad
I don’t think I got there in time to see what it was before it got deleted (whatever it was that got deleted:oops:).
Just as good - it was a weird one - like an imposter arriving into the thread trying to stir things up re personal info re Nicky. The tone, language, misspellings all over the place - when straightened out, claimed to be dyslexic and used the C word. V offensive in tone - proper order to delete.

On the subject of illustrations, here is one my dad did of our family home.

C8500A13-26BA-43B6-9DAF-6DAA603A8FA9.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.