Samantha Ravndahl

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's just done an IG live, her and Matt almost divorced and she went through what sounds like a pretty difficult/ borderline traumatic beginning to her current pregnancy
tit, that's so grim...her poor MH as well I can't imagine bringing another child into the mix will make things any easier

Reactions: 5
She's just done an IG live, her and Matt almost divorced and she went through what sounds like a pretty difficult/ borderline traumatic beginning to her current pregnancy
Why did they almost divorce?

I don't follow her instagram. I used to love her YT lives.

Reactions: 3
Id like to know more too, I saw she was doing a live but I was out at a restaurant and couldn’t watch it 😕

Reactions: 1
I'll try and recap as much as I can remember, stuff might be a bit over the place
  • In November Matt relapsed (I didn't know that he was an alcoholic and had previously been in rehab for this) and this led to problems in their marriage, they were arguing all the time and got so far as seeing family lawyers and getting paperwork in order for divorce. Matt moved out (by the sounds of it, not for long)
  • Sam found out she was pregnant around this time, after they had been trying for ~10 months
  • CW: bleeding during pregnancy Sam had a variety of different levels of bleeding in her early pregnancy, ranging from bleeding to clotting to what seemed like tissue, she went to the ER 2 times and both times they reassured her that the baby was fine but that she had a low lying placenta (I think) and another condition that meant that she was bleeding. At one point when she was driving herself to the hospital she was fully convinced that she had miscarried
  • While this was happening, Matt was not living with her. He came to visit and ended up testing positive for Covid, which Sam and their kid also caught. By the sounds of it he has stayed living with them since then
  • Sam got some tests carried out on the advice of her midwife, it turns out that she has placenta previa and a shortened cervix from her leep procedure. She is taking progesterone to combat the shortened cervix and is having ultrasounds every 2 weeks
  • Baby is due at the start of Sept!
  • Her and Matt are back together and seem to be happy

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Wow that’s pretty rough actually, as someone that struggles with her MH anyway, plus said she was really tired all the time after their first child, that’s an awful lot of stress to deal with. I hope the rest of her pregnancy goes smoothly.

Matt previously (before they got together) had a really bad oxy addiction, he’s spoken about it on her podcast before. Hopefully he’s got things back on course now.

Reactions: 8
Jesus. She’s in for a rough ride. I would even say marrying someone with such a serious addiction is a huge mistake. That is way too much stress and now with another baby coming, plus her business, she’s gonna be a total mess. I don’t see them lasting long-term.

Reactions: 6
I wish her the best health wise, but that sounds like a high risk pregnancy and a very stressful marriage. She depends on him to be there for her and their son, and he's unstable.

She’s shared a photo of her kid... a while ago too but I only just noticed and I’m surprised to find no chat about it on here. I thought she wasn’t sharing her child online so seems random to share a photo when they’re two

Reactions: 2
so with all her health issues, she decides to move to an island with no hospital? lol
That whole video my jaw was on the floor at her poor decision-making. I do feel for her with the pregnancy fears and stress she’s been through, but she seems to have awful judgement.

Firstly, trying for another baby and falling pregnant *while* your spouse is relapsing on a serious drug addiction?!
2) Having a very difficult and scary pregnancy that requires bi-weekly ultrasounds, also trying to repair your rocky marriage, and thinking that’s a sensible time to move house (one of the most stressful things you can do)
3) THEN moving to a house on an island without a hospital which would require a ferry journey or a helicopter if you have any more serious pregnancy complications?! 🥴

Also, her friend Alyssa lived with her at Matt for the first few years of their marriage, and now after less than a year of finally being alone, she’s moving her parents onto their property… I’m sure the extra help will be nice but it doesn’t sound great for their marriage, it’s a bit weird.

Reactions: 15
Sooo crazy. This is a disaster in the making. Based on the details she gave, they moved to Galiano island. Could be Bowen too, but I doubt they could afford anything there. Either way, for any issues or medical visits she’d have to take a ferry to Vancouver or Victoria or a plane.

One or both of them sound bipolar, actually. This is extremely poor and rash decision-making. Has she ever actually lived a long enough time on a small island to see what it’s like. Living there and visiting are two completely different things. I don’t think they’ll survive there long-term. Frankly, I don’t think their marriage will survive this either.

Reactions: 11
Very curious about the island thing. I had to forward through most of the video.

It’s really strange how they need other people to live with them…

Reactions: 3
Dear lord her skin looked burnt in the before pics. She seems to be isolating them in the hopes that he will get or stay sober.

He's going to leave at some point. I don't think they have a strong marriage.

She's likely getting him away from bad influences to try and save their relationship and family. Who knows, maybe it was his idea. I think they moved to one of the Southern Gulf Islands: only Salt Spring Island has a hospital.

The other gulf islands take more than one ferry to get to, and she referred to only one ferry, so I do think it's Galiano. Well, I hope she's ready for some real, remote island life. Population there is 1,395.

• Wow
Watching her video made me so extremely sad. How can one person take all of those things going on? And I'm sorry I know theoretically only those who know the relationship are those IN SAID relationship. But you cannot flee to a small island to avoid someone relapsing again. Running away from your life and support systems, friends, etc. She's making herself and her children more vulnerable to his relapses.

Reactions: 4
I've watched her YouTube on and off for years but I can't recall, was their relationship ever really solid to start with? I never got the impression it was..

They’d only been together a few weeks when she first posted publicly about him - I remember she’d made it sound really serious and then it came clear in a later video how early it still was… obviously they’ve been together a few years now but I think she rushed into it being a serious relationship very quickly.

I always just found it so strange she had her really clingy friend living in their house with them the whole time… she (friend) was even calling it “our baby” for a while. Creepy, and must have been kind of weird for her husband…

That is odd, and now her parents live near them? Hopefully not with them. Getting pregnant again was not a wise choice with all the chaos. You can't run away from your problems to an island.