Sali Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well duh, I wasn’t agreeing with her which is why I put Lol. I didn’t feel the need to write a long winded explanation.
Obviously I understood you. I was referring to journos going there and saying it is a writing retreat.

Ha, she probably called it that because loads of journos go there and often post about it. Liberty London Girl often goes.
I don’t know. You said it. I’m not sure what you’re problem is but my comment following yours was in agreement and continuing the narrative on how bizarre it is to call a diet camp a writing retreat. A topic that I brought up in the first place.

Reactions: 6
Did you see Sali's tweet and then justification for slagging off Ann Widdecomb for being a 71 year old virgin?

Cannot believe she used age and sexuality to knock another person. Especially a woman.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Did you see Sali's tweet and then justification for slagging off Ann Widdecomb for being a 71 year old virgin?

Cannot believe she used age and sexuality to knock another person. Especially a woman.
Is the tweet still up?

What a nasty twit for that , women supporting women only when it suits , it would seem.

Reactions: 4
Is the tweet still up?

What a nasty twit for that , women supporting women only when it suits , it would seem.
How bleeping hypocritical and pure Sali - this is the woman who practically had a meltdown at a journalist who mentioned Madonna's age. I'll also never forget the series of tweets years ago (sadly deleted) slut shaming Rhianna for an outfit she wore at the X factor (I think) whilst saying Madonna can wear what she wants.
I see she and her pals are crawling over themselves to congratulate Lauren L on getting Desert Island Discs permanently since Kirsty retired from it. My heart sank as I think she is awful.

Is the tweet still up?

I took a screenshot last night. Presume the tweet is still there as there's nothing wrong with it apparently.

None of the comments are mine btw but I completely agree with the first one under Sali's in my screenshot.
Screenshot_20190706-104036.jpg

How bleeping hypocritical and pure Sali - this is the woman who practically had a meltdown at a journalist who mentioned Madonna's age. I'll also never forget the series of tweets years ago (sadly deleted) slut shaming Rhianna for an outfit she wore at the X factor (I think) whilst saying Madonna can wear what she wants.
I see she and her pals are crawling over themselves to congratulate Lauren L on getting Desert Island Discs permanently since Kirsty retired from it. My heart sank as I think she is awful.
Same. Desert island discs ruined for the foreseeable future.

Lauren Laverne is so bleeping irritating I cannot understand how she has become such a big name at the bbc. She seems to be the token woman for anything music based.

Reactions: 1
Has Sali gone mad? In the Guardian thing today there is a bizarre rant about Susan Sarandon for which she is getting slated btl. She can't moan either as she mentioned it so the comments are 'on topic'.

Today's column is another where I don't trust Sali's recommendations. There are loads of small brand sustainable, plastic-free lip colours but she goes for Charlotte Tilbury again......her integrity has gone for me after the sneaky Aveda promotion in last week's issue, where Sali didn't disclose the conference was supported by Aveda.

Reactions: 2
Today's column is another where I don't trust Sali's recommendations. There are loads of small brand sustainable, plastic-free lip colours but she goes for Charlotte Tilbury again......her integrity has gone for me after the sneaky Aveda promotion in last week's issue, where Sali didn't disclose the conference was supported by Aveda.
That is the trouble with her now - she could recommend the best thing in the world and I would still not trust her. That column is dying on it's arse isn't? So few comments. Surely time to bring in someone new who isn't so wedded to the expensive old school brands with a more transparent policy? For all she thinks she is such a hipster she is quite a fuddy duddy in her makeup.

Last edited:
She's getting some decent challenges on the Widdicombe thing. And engaging for once - her position is a bit of a stretch but at least she's not just shutting people down.

It's hypocrical yes, given the Madge freak out.

Lozza's like their favourite pet. And she laps it up like a fule.

She's getting some decent challenges on the Widdicombe thing. And engaging for once - her position is a bit of a stretch but at least she's not just shutting people down.

It's hypocrical yes, given the Madge freak out.

Lozza's like their favourite pet. And she laps it up like a fule.
Where is the original tweet? Did she start it? Can't find it being a Twitter idiot.

Today's column is another where I don't trust Sali's recommendations. There are loads of small brand sustainable, plastic-free lip colours but she goes for Charlotte Tilbury again......her integrity has gone for me after the sneaky Aveda promotion in last week's issue,l
Yep, I’d love to know what C Tilbury has on her.

Where is the original tweet? Did she start it? Can't find it being a Twitter idiot.

I checked her Tweets and replies and worked back from where she was answering people.

Reactions: 1
That is the trouble with her now - she could recommend the best thing in the world and I would still not trust her. That column is dying on it's arse isn't? So few comments. Surely time to bring in someone new who isn't so wedded to the expensive old school brands with a more transparent policy? For all she thinks she is such a hipster she is quite a fuddy duddy in her makeup.
Agree re Sali's makeup being fuddy duddy. In the last video with KJH Sali says she would totally do a look like that herself and is very experimental with her makeup. I've not seen her do anything but brown shadow and/or liner with either a nude or bright lipstick for about five years. Everytime she wears any makeup which deviates from this someone else has done her face. With the makeup she is given you'd think she'd enjoy having a play but every cutting edge formulation, fabulous new colour looks exactly the same on her face. It's dull.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
One of things that gets me with this girl clique is that as much as these lot moan about 'jobs for the boys' they fail to realise that in fact they are just as bad.... there is a group of these (some with bugger all talent apart from being in the right place at the right time) that seem to be everywhere - all at the same events, all the same promo events and therefore all promoting the same tit different day. Sali doesn't really know what group she wants to be in which is some ways is part of her downfall. She wants to hang around with the likes of your Lauren Laverne (not a great deal of talent but poster girl for the BBC token woman) Caitlin Moran - (i'm mad me) and India Knight (in fairness she does have the nouse) but lacks the intelligence really to be in that clique; the other group she associates with is probably more her level which are your professional schillers, the Hirons, Crilly, Pebbles and The Anna Edit (so bland I can't remember her surname) either way both sets of groups seems to crop up everywhere. If there is an event to be had they are at it.... it is a closed clique and very hard for any new talent (which probably has more than these lot) to break into it. Part of the reason Sali is so defensive is I think her insecurity that one day she will be found out for what she is 'an imposter' its all the Emperors New Clothes or to coin another phrase which I am sure she would hate which is why I will put it here for her to read 'all fur coat and no knickers'

• Haha
Reactions: 9
One of things that gets me with this girl clique is that as much as these lot moan about 'jobs for the boys' they fail to realise that in fact they are just as bad.... there is a group of these (some with bugger all talent apart from being in the right place at the right time) that seem to be everywhere - all at the same events, all the same promo events and therefore all promoting the same tit different day. Sali doesn't really know what group she wants to be in which is some ways is part of her downfall. She wants to hang around with the likes of your Lauren Laverne (not a great deal of talent but poster girl for the BBC token woman) Caitlin Moran - (i'm mad me) and India Knight (in fairness she does have the nouse) but lacks the intelligence really to be in that clique; the other group she associates with is probably more her level which are your professional schillers, the Hirons, Crilly, Pebbles and The Anna Edit (so bland I can't remember her surname) either way both sets of groups seems to crop up everywhere. If there is an event to be had they are at it.... it is a closed clique and very hard for any new talent (which probably has more than these lot) to break into it. Part of the reason Sali is so defensive is I think her insecurity that one day she will be found out for what she is 'an imposter' its all the Emperors New Clothes or to coin another phrase which I am sure she would hate which is why I will put it here for her to read 'all fur coat and no knickers'
Nail on head.

She actually is the Hirons, Crilly et all grouping but is desperate to belong to the Laverne, Moran crew in the hope her career will start to mirror theirs. It won’t. She forged the ‘friendships’ with Laverne, Moran etc but repeatedly dry humping their Twitter posts which eventually got her a social invite. She has then just burrowed her way deeper and deeper in. You can still see her doing this on Twitter on occasion, she gets a bit nauseating with Nigella now and again.

She jumps on whatever bandwagon has space at the time and has zero debate skills. She isn’t about empowering anyone but herself really. The tireless sly brand promotion for money and kudos just isn’t right. The Guardian surprise me with just letting that happen week after week.

Reactions: 10
She is so peevish and filthy-mouthed on twitter. Is she happy that her children can read her obscene petty rantings online?

She is so peevish and filthy-mouthed on twitter. Is she happy that her children can read her obscene petty rantings online?
I know - I'm not a prude at all but her language is awful. It seems so shoehorned in and try hard. She's a real throw back to the 90s ladette thing. It's all part of her feisty non nonsense persona 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.