Sali Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's basically that girl at school who *knew everything before everyone else. A really old fashioned Thinks She's It.

*pretended she did

• Haha
Reactions: 4
That is so her - 'long have I advocated the benefits of xyz (insert random hitherto unmentioned but now trendy product'). And then if anyone questions it she gets so shirty and rude. That is why I find her In the Bathroom series so cringe. Her guests are usually lovely but so many products they mention she says 'yes I've loved that for years'. 'Yes I've got that' or the particular thing that makes my innards shrivel 'LOVE'. It's the constant need to be one-up all the time.
Btw I think the Queen book is shamelessly cynical. The Queen will no doubt pass away within a few years so Sali has positioned herself nicely to be the go-to person to consult in retrospect about her clothing and image.
She's cashing in on the zeitgeist from 'The Crown' too I think. The Queen is cool now. (Not to be too pretensious but maybe theres also something to her representing consistency in unpredictable times ...?)
Add to that an Instagram friendly grid-like layout, place that book next to the tills and it's going to sell.

For sure this thread has opened my eyes to how awful and ridiculous sali is in so.many ways but I can't fault her for cashing in on a moment. I got the book free through work and it's nice enough to leaf through.

Reactions: 1
Possibly the paperback version.

God, a novel by her would be hard work, her writing style is excruciating.

Reactions: 2
Ooh is she a veggie who adopted a rescue dog and she then married a man who voted Tory ?

She’s never said 😉.

I do like her perfume videos , must admit that.

Reactions: 4
And had post partum depression, got divorced, was a *single Mum.

*Had a nanny.

Does anyone remember the article she wrote in Red saying how much she preferred her life pre-kids (it was years ago and before she was well known so had probably been buried)?

Does anyone remember the article she wrote in Red saying how much she preferred her life pre-kids (it was years ago and before she was well known so had probably been buried)?
It is an odd thing for her to say but I sort of would like her more if she said more things like that. Shows a more human side and possibly a sense of humour now long gone. Like when she slut shamed Rhianna for what she wore at the Brits years ago. I didn't like what she said but at least it wasn't the painfully woke perfect family image she now projects. Someone dug up those Rhianna tweets a while ago and she went mad.

It is an odd thing for her to say but I sort of would like her more if she said more things like that. Shows a more human side and possibly a sense of humour now long gone. Like when she slut shamed Rhianna for what she wore at the Brits years ago. I didn't like what she said but at least it wasn't the painfully woke perfect family image she now projects. Someone dug up those Rhianna tweets a while ago and she went mad.
True.
She is such a sour-faced harridan now, literally 0% sense of humour.

Where can I see this??

Yes, always problems. It's a given. Nothing to do with you, Sali.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
I have a feeling she'll be releasing a veggie cookbook...
Agreed! I remember her replying to someone on Instagram along the lines of watch this space in regards to recipes being part of her next book. So I was surprised when she released this one about the Queen. It could be like others have said and she saw an opportunity to cash in on the monarchy so ended up working on this book first.

For Sali Hughes to call herself an author, I'm utterly PERPLEXED by her exclusion of Lisa Eldridge from her book?

[I'm so glad I only purchased them through iBooks and didn't waste money on hardcopies...they were kinda dull and too self-obsessive?]

I know it's not academic writing, but it's still published, so she owes the public correct information. In her section of recommending experts etc., to exclude Lisa Eldridge's YouTube account is equivalent to excluding Plato from an introductory philosophy book or exclude Mendel from introducing the basics of genetics. What Lisa Eldridge did by uploading professional makeup videos, with information that people pay for, was truly RADICAL. She didn't stop her hectic professional life and continued to give updated, industry information/skills for FREE. She also simplified some of her own skills and adapted them so everyday women could learn and incorporate timesaving, yet effective, makeup skills into their lives. When YouTube was inundated with self-taught beauty gurus, bloggers, makeup artists , Lisa's channel was unique and iconic. For all Sali Hughes's talk of democratising beauty etc, no one started it and did it better than Lisa Eldridge and she hasn't made a huge fuss about it because she is properly professional. She's not perfect--I'm always dubious whenever anyone sells their products etc, but she has maintained her integrity when so many only pretend to.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.